I am an athletic 27 year old that never had problems with acne growing up. I'd get the occasional pimple or two, but not until when I hit 26 did I start seeing these things pop up everywhere. First it started on my cheeks, then jawline, then forehead. Pretty much it got to the point where my entire face was covered with these raised bumps. It's been a pain to deal with and not to mention that my confidence around others dropped.
At first, I thought I could treat my acne through OTC products and even used my sister's Proactiv then started using Max Clarity. Let me tell you that both products did not work at all. Then I started going to the dermatologist and spent money using products like epiduo & differin. Neither of those products worked after using each for a couple months or so.
Then I came across this site and did some research and read through Dan's regimen. It works. It takes a lot of time, patience, and effort, but it does work. I don't use the acne.org products, but I do use his regimen. For me this worked:
1) I use a the Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser and lather it up on my face for 10 seconds. I let the water do the washing off and then air dry.
2) I skip the benzoyl peroxide part in the morning (In Dan's regimen, he recommends you do it twice a day)
3) I use a very light, non-comedogenic lotion (Cetpahil) and apply it to my entire face to prevent drying.
1) I repeat as AM
2) Once my face is completely dry, I use DDF Benzoyl Peroxide (5%). I use about a half a size of ping pong ball portion of this stuff and gently apply it on my entire face, paying more attention to my more acne prone spots.
3) After the BP completely dries, I repeat the same lotion application as the AM
The key is to really try and not touch or pick at your face at all. I know this is really hard, but you it really helps the healing process.
Note:The products I've listed above will not w