Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Oil Free reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Active ingredient:
Triclosan (0.25%) antiseptic.

Inactive ingredients:
Bht, butylparaben, c9-15 alkyl phosphate, cocamidopropyl betaine, ethylparaben, fragrance, glycerin, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lauric acid, methylparaben, myristic acid, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, triethanolamine, water, red 40, yellow 10.

Madison, Michigan
Reviewed on September 5, 2012

I was expecting a lot.. Since it was from clean and clear. But it really disappointed me. It was cheap and it left my face very Oily. I am going to use the whole bottle because I don't like to waste money. I do regret buying this product and never will come near buying it again. I do not and will not recommend this product to anyone. And I will stay away from the company. I have tried other products from clean and clear in the past and they left my skin the same way. Before this product I was using Cetaphil and my skin was clear and flawless. My pores were none-visible and I had no acne. Once that bottle was empty I decided to give this one a try. I ended up hating this product. My pores are now so clogged and open and I am covered in pimples and breakouts. I have actually switched back to Cetaphil and have seen little result. But I have seen the dermatologist and have been prescripted loads of products to get me back on track. This has truly been.. Hell on earth. Save yourself the money and your skin by trying another product.

Kimberly, Honolulu, HI
Reviewed on April 2, 2012

I recommend this product. . However, This product may dry you out if you have very sensitive skin. As for me I have very oily skin, but I still put on moisturizer after using this face wash. I didn't really see any difference in my acne in the first few weeks of using this. When more weeks went by I realized it helped with clearing up active pimples. And I also wear light make up and it gets it off really well.

Danielle, Jamaica
Reviewed on January 9, 2012

Ive only used this product once and it burned my skin like hell. Maybe its because I havent gotten use to it. ALso it really caused my skin to dry out. Hopefully in the upcoming weeks I will see some improvement. Will post another review at a future date.

James, Savannah
Reviewed on December 14, 2011

Not a good product if trying to clear acne because it only makes things worse

Lauren, Memphis, TN
Reviewed on September 27, 2011

This product cleaned up my blackheads within a few days and smells clean. But after a couple days of using it, my skin began drying out and burning more and more. I'm pretty sure its because of the disinfectant in it (it openly states that its made to remove bacteria from skin. think of it like applying good smelling hand sanitizer to your face). So haven't been washing my face with it twice a day, and have pretty much been ignoring the burning with gritted teeth.

The good thing is that all of my chin and nose acne is pretty much gone and I haven't had any break-outs. Bad news it hasn't done anything for my under-the-skin forehead acne.

Anonymous, Canada
Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I used this product for a long time but at the beginning it was really harsh on my skin and it would turn red after and my face is still red but it cleared up my acne in no time!

At first you might just want to apply once a day then two.

Anonymous, Wisco
Reviewed on September 1, 2011

I've had acne sense middle school and i have already graduated high school. After a bad random breakout i decided to try something new. Tried many products in the past and this is the best. After one use I knew this would really help. Skin looks better than it has in a very long time!

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I saw this on Dans recommended wash list, and seeing as I have used it in the past, but not religiously enough to say it helped (but it didn't hurt!), I decided to give it another go.

I really like this wash, and I was surprised it had a mediocre rating, but really, it's refreshing and I also found it a great body wash for any random red bumps on the skin!

It makes my skin feel a bit tight, and I like that, so this is my face wash hands down!

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

Great cleanser. I'd recommend it to anyone, even without acne because it feels good, it's soft, and cleans very well and leaves you feeling fresh. Just make sure you have a good face lotion to use after if you get dry like me. Overall, the pros well outweigh the dryness. Thank goodness for moisturizers!

Kelly, New Jersey
Reviewed on August 16, 2011

I've only used it once so far so I'm hoping it'll be good and so far it has. My zits make me feel like I have to hide my face all the time so I'm hoping that changes.