Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

3.9/5 - 78 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Water, Triethanolamine, Myristic Acid, C9 15 Alkyl Phosphate, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, BHT, Proplyparaben, Ethylparaben, Red 4, Yellow 10.

Clean & Clear ESSENTIALS Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin, 8 Ounce (Pack of 2)
updated: 09/21/2014 22:40 UTC
Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/21/2014 22:40 UTC

sodium laurel sulfate
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

my doc as a kid recommended this to me and on my oily teen skin, it was wonderful. it's foaming ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, however, which is allergenic and doubly drying. As I got older, it was a little too much.

it just cleans enough
Reviewed on May 22, 2014

i saw this product in commercials so i wanted to try it if it is the face wash i've been looking for. i bought it at the groceries and it was only in a cheap price. when i tried it, it made my face dry and it stings a bit on my pimples. it didn't really do anything for my skin but it only cleanses.. although it smells good. but after using it, it didn't help my acne or my blemishes.. it made my face squeaky dry and for a little bit i start to notice that my face turns red. not the face wash i'm looking for.

love love this!
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

it doesn't help acne, it;s not miracle cleanser.

but it cleanse very well, so i only start to break out when it's time of the month.

if you have oily skin i will recommend you this.

Love!
Reviewed on December 20, 2013

This cleans my skin really well and while it isn't for clearing acne, it is good enough at getting the dirt out that pimples don't really pop up anymore. My only problem is that it is drying, and while my skin is usually very oily, I've had to start using a moisturizer. It's not really a big deal for me since I've been looking for a product like this for a while now. The thing it tends to do to pimples is dry them out and shrink them. I had a large painful bump on my face for over a week before using it, now it's barely visible. I see a bit of flaking on my pimples as well, and they start to burst by themselves. I can see it being harsh as others have said, so if your skin is dry already, I wouldn't use this.

It cleans your skin!
Reviewed on September 10, 2013

This is the first cleanser I used when I got on the regimen. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't clear up acne, but only cleans the skin to give you a fresh starting point for your treatment. It was inexpensive and for someone on a budget, is worth the buy. However, if you have skin that dries out easily, you might want to try something else.

A good cleanser :)
Reviewed on August 31, 2013

I've been using this for 2 and a half weeks now and it really does its job as a cleanser. I do not wear any make up but it clears all the dirt and oil from my face at the end of the day. Although it is a good cleanser, it didn't do anything for my pimples. I have very, very light acne. Overall a great product for cleansing only

Not bad, and yet not good...
Reviewed on August 24, 2013

I used this product for quite some time before realizing that it was doing absolutely nothing for my face. I don't think it was doing anything to damage my skin, but at the same time there were no benefits from using this product. It didn't remove my makeup, didn't leave my face feeling clean, and it didn't help with my acne. So, what was the point of me using this for an extended period of time? I have no idea.

Pretty good cleanser
Reviewed on August 15, 2013

Before getting this product, I'd say I had moderate acne, but after using this for a month, it's cleared up quite a bit. It's no miracle cleanser, but it DOES work. It's not terribly drying, but I would still recommend using a moisturizer after this. The only thing I really didn't like about it was that it makes my face look kinda red after using.

Not what I expected
Reviewed on July 9, 2013

After about 3 days of using this wash, I began getting tiny bumps on the edges of my forehead and hairline and around my mouth/chin area. Mind you, I have dry/combination skin. It also brought a few pimples to the surface of the middle of my forehead (my most problematic area). Didn't help whatsoever, in fact, it made me skin worse off. And I don't believe the product was purging my pores, but rather irritating it.