Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free reviews

3.8/5 - 227 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance (Parfum), Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, BHT.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:16 UTC
- is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Poor moisturiser
Reviewed on October 12, 2016

I have been using the product for some time and I've nearly finished the bottle.

I do think that it works well to prevent further breakouts, but in terms of moisturizing the skin I think it has little effect and wears off before long, making my skin dry again. So, I would suggest opting for a better brand.

By the way, I couldn't give my review a lousy one star because it didn't exacerbate my acne.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't really do what it says?
Reviewed on July 8, 2016

I find that this moisturizer works well to somewhat keep acne at bay for me, but doesn't actually moisturize my face, it only makes it dryer. When I first apply it, it gives a very nice cooling sensation, and moisturizes for about 5 minutes. After that, my face is back to being dry, and applying more only worsens this feeling. However, it did not make my acne worse. Upon further inspection I see that it contains salicylic acid, which is why it keeps breakouts at bay but doesn't do much in terms of moisturizing. I've also notices that it sometimes leaves a strange film on my face which comes off in white waxy-looking clumps if scraped at with a nail. Overall, this product is eh. It is pretty easy to find a better moisturizer than this once, and I would advise you to keep looking to get a fully moisturized feeling face.

Go to moisturizer
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I love and hate this product. I've been using this for about 2 years now and it's a love and hate relationship. Sometimes it doesn't work well with certain facial cleanser and other times it works wonders. It can either dry out your face or make it so soft.

good but I moved on from it
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

It's a good moisturizer but, I switched to a new brand. felt like didn't really work. I developed some small bumps from this one. I finished the whole bottle since I'm cheapskate. And therefore, I can really tell it didn't work for me at all

Dried out my skin, made my chin acne worse
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

This product dried out my skin. It also has this chemically scent which I'm not a fan of. I bought it because i needed a moisturizer. I had bumps on my chin, the next day they were inflamed and red, some with heads. I wouldn't recommend this unless they reformulate it and maybe add in some spf for daily use. It's not great for people with sensitive skin either since it can be irritating. I have moderately sensitive skin.

Reviewed on February 1, 2016

i like this porduct been using this for a year its moisturizing my skin and doesnt clog my pore and not cause acne

Surprisingly effective
Reviewed on January 13, 2016

I received this moisturiser in my stocking this year and honestly, I was skeptical that it would have any effect on my moderate to severe acne as I have tried so many products that claim to clear spots with no success. However, I needed a new facial moisturiser so I thought I'd give it a go. My skin routine is minimal: after removing my makeup at night I apply sudocrem in my problem areas (I've been doing this for years) and I've started to use this moisturiser every morning and to my surprise ever since my skin has cleared up drastically. My skin is now smooth and spot free - I still have a lot of hyper pigmentation but this is easily covered with a thin layer of makeup.

The moisturiser has a cooling effect which makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated and a little bit goes a long way. For £3 I was shocked that this was so effective but am super happy with the results so far :))

I am confused... Plz help
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

I have the moisturizer and I don't know if it's enough to do the job... Or is there something else's I should get to go with the moisturizer, now my acne isn't terrible I have small whiteheads and blackhead everywhere around my face and from 10 feet away my skin would seem perfect but up close... Well let's just say I wish it could be better. I'm open to answer questions about my self I just need some recommendations.

Not for people with sensitive skin
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I bought this after i lost my other moisturizer. The first day my skin felt smooth but still kind of dry. After the fourth day of using this it caused dry patchy spots in my skin and a big noticeable rash on both sides of my face. The rashes didn't go away for 2 weeks and caused a trip to the dermatologist. I had only used this product once a day for four days. Keep in mind that i do have sensitive skin but no other product has caused it to react in this way. So in conclusion it may work well for people that don't have sensitive skin. Only 1 out of 5 stars from me.

Reviewed on July 2, 2015

I use this product in the morning to hydrate my skin and prevent my pores from clogging. I'm using it with The Regimen and I'm getting better results. I think 2% would be to strong to use with benzoyl peroxide (before going to bed), but 0.5% salicylic acid is just perfect in this case. You should give it a try.

I don't not use it right after applying benzoyl peroxide ! Just early, in the morning. When I apply BP I use a different moisturizer like Cetaphil or Cerave.