Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free reviews

3.9/5 - 214 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance (Parfum), Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, BHT.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 fl oz
updated: 12/18/2014 14:16 UTC

Miracle product
Reviewed on December 17, 2014

When I started using this, I had moderate to severe acne. In my routine, I like to keep things simple with a Cetaphil wash, this moisturizer, and a spot treatment. My dermatologist wanted to take me off all acne medications because she wanted to put me on an antibiotic, and when I stopped using this, I broke out horribly. After 10 months of antibiotics, I stopped the pills and now I'm back to my normal routine and I noticed my skin is starting to clear up again! I cannot believe this product took my skin from moderate/severe to mild and easy to control! It absorbs fast, doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, and even though there was a bit of a purge when I began, the initial effects clear up pretty quick. This product worked wonders on my skin. The effects will vary from person to person, obviously, and even though I use the Target generic brand, it's essentially the same thing, but cheaper!

Works well
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

This was my go to moisturizer for years, with a few drops of jojoba oil mixed in. My skin unfortunately is not longer a fan, but I still recommend this one as it served me well for so long.

Goes on great over BP too!

God-Like Formula
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

I seen many reviews , by the looks of it you have used it the wrong way , i've used this only during winter and spring which is the time of year when it breaks out , i pop my pimples and gush all the blood out , then i use a clean & clear daily scrub wash and dry myself with a clean new towel after that i apply this dual action moisturisier to decrease the damage and redness , it also prevents breakouts but its a diffrent story during the summer , i use a totally diffrent cream , hope this helps , also excercise , wash and drink plenty of water .

Good!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

It smells fantastic and i have been using for a couple of bottles already. But it feels slightly greasy and after using Neutrogena's moisturizer, i would prefer that to this.

Not moisturizing enough
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

Irritating and drying, though it aborbs pretty fast and has a pleasant cooling sensation once applied.The 0.5% salicylic acid is definitely ineffective.

HELP!!
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

I just recently bought this product a week ago, and at first it was okay. However, just recently my face broke out and i havnt changed any thing to my regiment except switching over from cetaphil derma oil control spf 30 to this. Should i keep using this product?! or switch back?!

by asdfcc1238 on 06/23/2014 07:07
im also using a 2.5 % salicylic acid cleanser right before i put this moisturizer on, is that okay still?
by KaylaKay on 10/24/2014 02:38
I wouldn't use too much salicylic acid on my face. It is an acid and it could make you're skin more sensitive if you use to much. I would recommend on the first week you start using it once a day, then on the second week increase it to two times a day, but if you're skin is sensitive stick to once a day, I wouldn't go over 3 times because there are many chemicals and ingredients in this product that could harm your skin.
Works good enough.
Reviewed on June 17, 2014

I have used this moisturizer everyday for a few years. It is the only one I have found that doesn't make my breakouts worse. I wouldn't say it necessarily helps clear acne, but it moisturizes without clogging your pores. If you have extremely dry skin, I would recommend trying something else because this is a pretty light moisturizer. Works well enough to keep my skin hydrated before makeup.

Works fine
Reviewed on June 12, 2014

Doesn't over moisturize which is great for oily skin. It has salicylic acid which isn't really necessary if you're using a cleanser or cream with something similar. I also use Clean & Clear's persa gel and when I use them together, I break out more easily so I never mix them anymore. Overall, good moisturizer but be careful what you mix it with.

Not really helping me...
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I have oily skin, i'm from Canada and i'm also have moderate acne.

This product was on sale when I first discovered it. It was normally about 8$ but I got it for 3.49$ !. I bought the 2 last remaining bottles in store because I thought this was truly going to help my acne, but it all depends on the person. I have used this for about 3 months and for some reason just like user TrentAH, this product actually does break me out. I mean it feels really nice when you apply it on your skin, the oil on your face is controlled, it has SALICYLIC ACID and it feels very light. My sister has been using this as a spot treatment and she has almost flawless skin, she only has about 4 pimples MAX on her face and this product seems to work better on her than me. There's some really great reviews about this product and a few people that has the same problems than me. So there's a greater chance that this product will help you out.

What would I do without this.
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

I started using this a little over six months ago, because I was using a very harsh cleanser and get very dry skin during the winter and spring. Let me tell you before I say anything that I still have the same bottle I bought initially. IT.IS.AMAZING. Before this I used just basic body lotions for my face and they made me break out. Bad. So I found this and rejoiced! I started using it and right away I knew I was going to love it. It works to put on after face wash and before spot treatment and also works well to put on after face wash and before makeup! I have never, not once, had a problem with it. If you need to buy a moisturizer, but this one.