Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free reviews

3.8/5 - 229 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance (Parfum), Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, BHT.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:16 UTC

crappy product.
Reviewed on December 16, 2016

So my skin type is very oily but also flaky, a really gross combo IMO. I get pretty much all types of acne; tons of blackheads, many whiteheads, cysts on the rare occassion. This moisturizer didn't make me breakout anymore than I already do but it didn't help either. At first when applied it feels hydrating, but it dries up quickly. If you don't have flaky/dry skin, then this might be nice to help rid of whiteheads without excessively drying out your skin. Otherwise it kinda sucks. Also if you use more than the tiniest amount of it or apply any makeup product on top, it peels off in little filmy white chunks. Just gross, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Perfect for buffering Tazorac
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

I'm in my mid-50s and still have to work hard to manage acne, a life long challenge. I found by trial and error over many years of dealing with tough hormonal acne that blending this with Tazorac (almost 1:1, a bit more of the Dual Action) as part of my night-time routine has been a critical key to my success. My skin is completely clear, smooth, and not overly dry or greasy, and I have very few lines. I think the low level of salicylic acid is just enough to help the Tazorac get deep into my pores and the moisturizers seem very neutral and just enough to buffer the powerful action of the Tazorac and keep my skin happy (I found using it by itself was counter productive). I go to one of the nation's top dermatologists in Los Angeles who works with many celebrity clients. I've tried every expensive prescription, "only available through dermatologists" and OTC product you can name, and keep coming back to this magical combination. When I'd break out, I'd stop everything and go to bed with just the Dual Action on my face plus spot treating blemishes with a stronger 2% salicylic acid product or End-Zit drying lotion. I also use the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser every night to get my makeup off (again, after trying more fancy stuff and coming back to this over and over), and then wash a second time with an anti-aging or more gentle cleanser to reset my skin (washing twice if you wear makeup is essential, one to cut through makeup and the second to treat). In my routine I also use a gentle glycolic acid cleanser in the morning, two different Paula's Choice toners (one morning and one in the evening), and Dr. Lin's benzoyl peroxide Acne Spot Treatment (another inexpensive miracle product) as an all over treatment every morning before sunscreen. I use various masks occasionally, and the Nia 24 scrub about once a week. I have a light olive complexion that is pretty sensitive, and bear in mind I've used Rx retinoids for over 25 years so my skin has a built up tolerance. I pray this product will never be discontinued!

Poor moisturiser
Reviewed on October 12, 2016

I have been using the product for some time and I've nearly finished the bottle.

I do think that it works well to prevent further breakouts, but in terms of moisturizing the skin I think it has little effect and wears off before long, making my skin dry again. So, I would suggest opting for a better brand.

By the way, I couldn't give my review a lousy one star because it didn't exacerbate my acne.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't really do what it says?
Reviewed on July 8, 2016

I find that this moisturizer works well to somewhat keep acne at bay for me, but doesn't actually moisturize my face, it only makes it dryer. When I first apply it, it gives a very nice cooling sensation, and moisturizes for about 5 minutes. After that, my face is back to being dry, and applying more only worsens this feeling. However, it did not make my acne worse. Upon further inspection I see that it contains salicylic acid, which is why it keeps breakouts at bay but doesn't do much in terms of moisturizing. I've also notices that it sometimes leaves a strange film on my face which comes off in white waxy-looking clumps if scraped at with a nail. Overall, this product is eh. It is pretty easy to find a better moisturizer than this once, and I would advise you to keep looking to get a fully moisturized feeling face.

Go to moisturizer
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I love and hate this product. I've been using this for about 2 years now and it's a love and hate relationship. Sometimes it doesn't work well with certain facial cleanser and other times it works wonders. It can either dry out your face or make it so soft.

good but I moved on from it
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

It's a good moisturizer but, I switched to a new brand. felt like didn't really work. I developed some small bumps from this one. I finished the whole bottle since I'm cheapskate. And therefore, I can really tell it didn't work for me at all

Dried out my skin, made my chin acne worse
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

This product dried out my skin. It also has this chemically scent which I'm not a fan of. I bought it because i needed a moisturizer. I had bumps on my chin, the next day they were inflamed and red, some with heads. I wouldn't recommend this unless they reformulate it and maybe add in some spf for daily use. It's not great for people with sensitive skin either since it can be irritating. I have moderately sensitive skin.

HAPPY
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

i like this porduct been using this for a year its moisturizing my skin and doesnt clog my pore and not cause acne

Surprisingly effective
Reviewed on January 13, 2016

I received this moisturiser in my stocking this year and honestly, I was skeptical that it would have any effect on my moderate to severe acne as I have tried so many products that claim to clear spots with no success. However, I needed a new facial moisturiser so I thought I'd give it a go. My skin routine is minimal: after removing my makeup at night I apply sudocrem in my problem areas (I've been doing this for years) and I've started to use this moisturiser every morning and to my surprise ever since my skin has cleared up drastically. My skin is now smooth and spot free - I still have a lot of hyper pigmentation but this is easily covered with a thin layer of makeup.

The moisturiser has a cooling effect which makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated and a little bit goes a long way. For £3 I was shocked that this was so effective but am super happy with the results so far :))

I am confused... Plz help
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

I have the moisturizer and I don't know if it's enough to do the job... Or is there something else's I should get to go with the moisturizer, now my acne isn't terrible I have small whiteheads and blackhead everywhere around my face and from 10 feet away my skin would seem perfect but up close... Well let's just say I wish it could be better. I'm open to answer questions about my self I just need some recommendations.