Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free reviews

3.9/5 - 218 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance (Parfum), Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, BHT.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 fl oz
updated: 08/02/2015 10:11 UTC

Satisfied
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

I use this product in the morning to hydrate my skin and prevent my pores from clogging. I'm using it with The Regimen and I'm getting better results. I think 2% would be to strong to use with benzoyl peroxide (before going to bed), but 0.5% salicylic acid is just perfect in this case. You should give it a try.

I don't not use it right after applying benzoyl peroxide ! Just early, in the morning. When I apply BP I use a different moisturizer like Cetaphil or Cerave.

Overall worth a try!
Reviewed on June 18, 2015

I have never had a bad experience with this product. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I bought this because of my increase in hormonal acne. I get pretty bad cystic acne that lasts for a long time. This product doesn't provide a whole lot of moisture, but it's enough for my skin to the point where I don't feel like I need to apply any more. I used to dilute it because the formula was really harsh on my skin, but for some reason it works fine now. I would apply generous amounts (like a little glob on each pimple) as a spot treatment and it worked wonders. It has a cooling feeling to it, which I really like a lot. I'm not a fan of knowing that I'm rubbing fragrance all over my face, but hey, it doesn't cause any breakouts for me.

Ok with a little boost
Reviewed on April 11, 2015

I recently bought this after a really bad breakout. I have had cystic acne since the age of 15 and can't remember a single day since then that I haven't had a single blemish. After my face got to the point where it was downright painful I bought a gel wash and scrub with salicylic acid as well as pads I use instead of a toner and this moisturizer. I like the product but I do feel I need a second one because I just don't get enough moisture from this plus I do not like the fact that this has no SPF at all. My second layer of moisture is Olay with and SPF and the two actually combine together rather well. Overall I like that I get no new breakouts from using this but I am really big on the importance of SPF so tweaked is good for me.

Too irritating
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

I bought this and used it for a couple of days. I felt it was actually working great. Unfortunately, it irritated my eyes and I stopped using it. I was probably just unlucky.

Miracle product
Reviewed on December 17, 2014

When I started using this, I had moderate to severe acne. In my routine, I like to keep things simple with a Cetaphil wash, this moisturizer, and a spot treatment. My dermatologist wanted to take me off all acne medications because she wanted to put me on an antibiotic, and when I stopped using this, I broke out horribly. After 10 months of antibiotics, I stopped the pills and now I'm back to my normal routine and I noticed my skin is starting to clear up again! I cannot believe this product took my skin from moderate/severe to mild and easy to control! It absorbs fast, doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, and even though there was a bit of a purge when I began, the initial effects clear up pretty quick. This product worked wonders on my skin. The effects will vary from person to person, obviously, and even though I use the Target generic brand, it's essentially the same thing, but cheaper!

Works well
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

This was my go to moisturizer for years, with a few drops of jojoba oil mixed in. My skin unfortunately is not longer a fan, but I still recommend this one as it served me well for so long.

Goes on great over BP too!

God-Like Formula
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

I seen many reviews , by the looks of it you have used it the wrong way , i've used this only during winter and spring which is the time of year when it breaks out , i pop my pimples and gush all the blood out , then i use a clean & clear daily scrub wash and dry myself with a clean new towel after that i apply this dual action moisturisier to decrease the damage and redness , it also prevents breakouts but its a diffrent story during the summer , i use a totally diffrent cream , hope this helps , also excercise , wash and drink plenty of water .

Good!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

It smells fantastic and i have been using for a couple of bottles already. But it feels slightly greasy and after using Neutrogena's moisturizer, i would prefer that to this.

Not moisturizing enough
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

Irritating and drying, though it aborbs pretty fast and has a pleasant cooling sensation once applied.The 0.5% salicylic acid is definitely ineffective.

HELP!!
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

I just recently bought this product a week ago, and at first it was okay. However, just recently my face broke out and i havnt changed any thing to my regiment except switching over from cetaphil derma oil control spf 30 to this. Should i keep using this product?! or switch back?!

by asdfcc1238 on 06/23/2014 07:07
im also using a 2.5 % salicylic acid cleanser right before i put this moisturizer on, is that okay still?
by KaylaKay on 10/24/2014 02:38
I wouldn't use too much salicylic acid on my face. It is an acid and it could make you're skin more sensitive if you use to much. I would recommend on the first week you start using it once a day, then on the second week increase it to two times a day, but if you're skin is sensitive stick to once a day, I wouldn't go over 3 times because there are many chemicals and ingredients in this product that could harm your skin.