Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent Sensitive Skin reviews

2.8/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Alcohol, Glycerin, Isoceteth 20, PEG 32, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Benzophenone 4, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Denatonium Benzoate, Blue 1.

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent Sensitive Skin

Caused permanent damage to my face
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

Beware!!!! The FDA and Health Canada have issued warnings about the Safety of using Clean & Clear product!s!!!! Clean & Clear deep cleaning astringent caused me horrible and permanent dark Hyperpigmentation on my face in large areas. So far, in a year i've spent close to one thousand dollars on sunscreen and special creams from the dermatologist to try and repair the damage clean & clear has caused me. Johnson & Johnson didn't even have the decency to refund me for not even one product!!! They rejected my claim. Now I have this damage on my face that I have to battle for the rest of my life because of Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent-- and the company Johnson & Johnson doesn't give two Fu*ks about it. They don't even put a disclaimer on the product warning that it has caused Hyperpigmentation. FDA and Health Canada have issued warnings about the Safety of using Clean & Clear products, check out these links:

[link edited out]

[link edited out]

Don't ever use their damaging products, because you may be the next one to suffer the same permanent damage to your face that the product has caused me.

pros and cons
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

it gets rid of my acne but fills my skin with oil :/

too agressive
Reviewed on September 17, 2014

while i love the regular blackhead clearing astringent,i cannot say the same for this product. it's weird that i found this one to be far more agressive and it smells like pure alcohol...the regular one smells great and is way more gentle on my skin and because it was less iritating,i feel it worked better.

Best Toner I have ever used!
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

On and Off have I been using this product. Lately, I have been using it and I was thinking to myself, "Why did I ever stop using this?!" It is a brilliant creation. Some people make the mistake of scrubbing too hard when applying. I gently take a cotton ball and apply all over my face. It will sting a bit! But, it will leave you with clear skin.... instantly!!! I love it. Before, I really scrubbed using it and it took off layers of my skin. But now, I know the difference between that. DO NOT SCRUB!!! Besides that, it is highly reccomended.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

Every dermatologist I have seen, has told me to stay away from astringents. I didn't listened and tried it and it did nothing positive for my skin. The more you dry your skin, the more your body is going to try to product more oil.

Ethan, New Hampshire
Lindsay, Maryland
Reviewed on May 5, 2012

I loved this product when I was using it. If I had a pimple it would dry it out overnight. I can't remember why I stopped using it though...

CaroG, Spain
Reviewed on February 24, 2012

After few months of using this my acne still the same, the pores got smaller wich makes it easy to hide with foundation and gives an aspect of smooth skin.

I will recommend it to someone who has a very light case of acne.

Reviewed on February 21, 2012

Amazing!! BUY IT!! Clears your acne after a day's use!