Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Wash

Average price: $6.68

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Ashley on 07/06/2011

I've just been using this for a few weeks, once a day. And it's helped sososososo much!!! This is the ONLY product that has helped me in my battle against acne. If you have a Combination/Oily skin this should help with your oily spots and it also makes your pores less noticeable, And makes your pimples literally disappear and prevents new pimples from forming!! I really hope this has helped you!!.

Pros:
  • Clears Most of your Acne in about 2 weeks
  • The Foam is really cool
  • Not very drying
  • This is literally THE ONLY that helped clear my acne!!
  • And only use this once a day in the morning and at night just use a Spectro Jel Cleanser. Whichever one there all good :) The reason you should only use it in the morning is because otherwise if you use the Clean &Clear twice a day it'll dry out your skin a lot more that just using it once.
  • Makes pores smaller, your face less oily and your a
Cons:
  • I can't really think of any..
  • The pump is a bit annoying...

25 out of 41 people found this review helpful

Active:
Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Inactive:
Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Member reviews

By on

Pros

• This product is only a "good" product. It helps prevent some pimples and helps remove some, however, in no way would I consider it amazing.

Cons

• Doesn't get all acne off. It does a pretty good job though.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the one product I always end up going back to since it is the only one that actually clears up my face well. I have noticed that it does stop working after a few months, so I usually switch to an other product for a few months and then go back to this one. I use it night and day with moisturizer and it does not dry my skin at all.

Pros

• Clears up acne
  • Removes shine
  • Smells really nice

Cons

• Stops working after a while
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the first product that has cleared up my acne. I use this once a day and witch hazel twice a day. For the first time in many years, I have control of my acne. I still get an occasional zit but not all over my face like I used to. Btw, proactive is benzoil peroxide and an astringent agent ie witch hazel.

Pros

• Gets rid of my acne! Period!

Cons

• None
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If your acne severity is light, use this product. My friend and I bought a few bottles of this product, because it was on sale. Unlike my skin which is acne-prone, my friend has very light acne. When she used it for one month, her skin was suuuuper clear.

I bought five bottles. Personally for me, I've used this product for about 6 months. I'm on my 3rd bottle, and it hasn't been working! Well, sure, it removed very very few numbers of acne, but right after they're gone, new ones appear again! Yikes!

Oh, I've also heard that this product is good for body acne, but I don't have any. I just want acne off my FACE.

If your skin is totally acne-prone, do NOT buy this product. Sigh. 2 more bottles to go ...

Pros

• * Smells good
  • * Cheap
  • * It does leave your face clean

Cons

• * Too drying
  • * Doesn't treat acne
  • * Burns and stings skin sometimes
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 5

By on

This is the ONLY product that has helped me in my battle against acne.

I really hope this has helped you!!

Pros

• Clears Most of your Acne in about 2 weeks
  • The Foam is really cool
  • Not very drying
  • This is literally THE ONLY that helped clear my acne!!
  • Makes pores smaller, your face less oily and your a

Cons

• I can't really think of any..
  • The pump is a bit annoying...
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6.7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this product. I would suggest this for people with mild acne who have larger pores and have oily skin. Highly recommend it!

Pros

• Cleared my acne, got rid of black heads, it evenly dispenses, I like the foam and it makes pores smaller

Cons

• If you do not use moisturizer it will dry your skin out.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6

By on

It's pretty good, especially because it's just a drug store buy.

I wouldn't use it morning and night, especially with sensitive skin, and use only one pump. and moisturize with it......

Pros

• good for an everyday wash
  • pretty cheap
  • works ok
  • feels nice on skin
  • not too harsh
  • nice dispenser

Cons

• a little bit drying (definetely use a moisturizer)
  • doesn't work well all alone
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 12.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

didn't like it at all

Pros

• no prons for me

Cons

• overdries the face
  • -makes unwanted pimples surface
  • harsh for sensitive skin
  • you get red patches
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 8

By on

I love it and it works fast and easy.

Pros

• Used it for three days and a huge pimple that was on my nose is clear. And I haven't had any new pimples since I started using it.

Cons

• No Cons
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

this stuff doesn't work too well. I mean, sure, it MIGHT get rid of SOME acne, but your face just gets waaaay too dry. That's saying something for me, cause my skin is super oily. It also makes my whole face red. Plus, it burns, but it might just be me and my friend.

Pros

• got rid of some acne, made others smaller

Cons

• left my face red, burns when i use it, dries out my face
  • moderately severe
  • inconsistently
  • $ 7.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.