Page 3 of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 316 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 03/05/2015 19:51 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 03/05/2015 19:51 UTC

Reviewed on October 22, 2012

This is my go-to acne product! When my acne got bad, I got prescription cream and and antibiotics, and used this too. There was a period where I stopped using this bc I couldn't find it anywhere and my acne got SO BAD!!! I was so happy when I found it again and I got my face under control. Bottom line: if you have mild/moderate acne like me and are also on antibiotics/prescription cream, this product is great. If you have severe acne, you may want to have prescription cream and antibiotics on top of this cleanser because using it alone is probably not very effective. But as far as an acne cleanser from the drugstore goes, this is great. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants clean skin or has acne problems.

Reviewed on September 13, 2012

I love this product. But you have to be really careful not to use too much. 10% BP is high, and if you use too much it'll give you an allergic reaction (Small little bumps).

I use it as a face wash at least 2 times a day. 3 times a day at most. I sometimes use it as a spot treatment too! But not a lot, only the places you need it, and just a little over that pimple or pimples.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, it will sting/burn! Some people say it bleaches their hair, but it hasn't done anything to mine.

If you have sensitive skin, try a little patch of your skin to make sure you don't react to it. I have to be super careful because my older sister is highly allergic to BP!

Good Luck! :)

Reviewed on September 5, 2012

awful unless you want to look terrible and be uncomfortable and not eat with out feeling pain do NOT buy

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

Dont ever get this product. You would highly regret it...trust me. I have been using this for over a year now because there is no other medication that really works for me, but thats besides the point. This has made my brown hair completely blonde in the front, made my skin feel as if it were trapped underneath of a mask all day long, made my skin awfully oily and shiny and wherever i go, people ask me why my face is so shiny and ask me if i have highlights in my hair and im sick of it. If you are EXTREMELY desperate to get rid of acne, buy this product, since its your only hope but if you just have average to minor acne, dont get it.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I have been using this product for about a week now and so far it seems to be clearing my face. My face broke out bad, my chin, forehead, and cheeks. My face was looking like a pepperoni pizza it was that bad! I've always had light acne but this was so embarrassing I didn't even want to leave the house.

So I got on here and read good reviews about the product. I use this product twice a day usually. In the morning and afternoon I work nights so I hardly ever wash my face at nighttime. I try to exfoliate my face every other day with aveeno smart essentials scrub. Then I use clearasil ultra rapid action treatment were my acne is mainly at. To moisturize I use eucerin daily protection Moisturizing face lotion. That seems to be working for me so far. Bottom line this product worked for me so yes I would recommend it.

Reviewed on August 20, 2012

I got this a few months ago and after using it for a while it got rid of all of the pimples and papule that were on my forehead and nowadays I rarely get a pimple or papule. On the other side..this caused me to break out in whiteheads/blackheads. My face has become Comedone City with large amounts of whiteheads and blackheads. I recently stopped using this because it's gotten really bad..also I don't like how it leaves residue deposits on my face which is most likely the cause of the comedones.

Reviewed on July 2, 2012

This is a very good product that I've used for a couple years. How come it is now out-of-stock everywhere I look? It's not even available on-line.

Reviewed on June 9, 2012

This is the face wash I've been using for the past 5 or so years. I won't use anything else.

Reviewed on June 6, 2012

I was dying to try this product out because I saw so many good reviews on it. I really love the tingly sensation after being washed off. I really like that about Clean and Clear cleansers. It was a nice creamy consistency, and gentle. But after using the entire bottle, not much happened to my acne.

Reviewed on May 24, 2012

More like 3.5/5.

by no means miraculous results, but I'm allergic to salicyclic acid and can hardly find any other products without it! still, this works well enough and doesn't seem to make my acne worse.

I switched to Oxy a while ago, which has been MUCH better. Both have the same amount of benzoyl peroxide so I'm not sure what the difference is.

sensitive combination skin, cysts and whiteheads mostly.