Page 2 of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 314 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 12/19/2014 08:53 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 12/19/2014 08:53 UTC

Best I've found so far
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I've tried a whole litany of acne treatments like most people on here and while this cleanser isn't the perfect miracle I've been realizing it's wrong to search for, it's pretty amazing. Certainly the best thing I've found. I wash with the C&C blackhead clearing scrub in the morning, then again in the night followed by this cleanser because salicylic acid alone doesn't do much for my acne and it's the only constant thing I've found to mostly keep away my acne. It's 10% BP but I have dry skin and it does not dry it out one bit. I only have one thing against it which is that like many C&C products, it's fragranced, but that hasn't seen to have broken me out.

Beware
Reviewed on April 29, 2013

A terrible, horrible product! My brother bought the one with 5% benzoyl peroxide but it dried his skin out, so he gave it to me. I used a tiny amount, around half a pea sized drop, and spread it only on my forehead and nose (where my acne is severe) and avoided the sensitive area around my eyes, mouth and cheeks. I did this once a day for two days, and used no other product besides moisturizing lotion. After the second day, I noticed that my skin was a bit itchy and my eyelid was a little droopy feeling. However, I dismissed it and boy was that a mistake! I woke up the next morning to barely being able to open my eyelids they were so swollen! My face was hot and burning and itchy, but at the same time slightly numb! I tried washing my face with just water and my skin had the texture of cottage cheese, and I could barely move my face. After trying to endure the feeling of a severly burned and itchy face, I went to the hospital and even the doctor was frightened by what happened to my face. It was a traumatizing experience. however i did notice that all my acne was gone lol.

by arl505 on 09/01/2013 02:13
LOL this happened to me too. BAD my eyes looked severely sunburned and swollen. Once I got the puffiness to go away my eyes were so dry for weeks it looked like i aged about 10-15 years, I had crazy wrinkles lol. it was very very bad BUT it did help clear my skin very well haha. I guess I just have really sensitive eyes. I do use this on and off for my body tho and it works great and I love the refreshing feeling
My Holy Grail
Reviewed on July 20, 2013

I've tried every product out there for my severe teenage acne. After using this for two weeks day and night no moisturizer it was ALL GONE and it has stayed gone after a month. It's INSANE. I've tried literally every drugstore product out there and this is the only one that's helped.

The products I had tried previously all had Salicylic Acid as the acne fighting ingredient so if that doesn't work for you I highly recommend this. It's not drying on me, and I never use moisturizer. It has a slightly tingly feeling while you're using it and it leaves your skin feeling clean and cool.

Good for over the counter
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

Helped control my light acne. Feels good when you use it. Helped heal active acne. Also makes you sun sensitive.

Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I slept at a friend's house and noticed a few new spots on my face. She let me use the clean and clear cleanser . The next morning they were visibly smaller. Amazing product!!

Reviewed on November 25, 2012

I have tried countless face washes, Dan's regimen, Tazorac, and Minocycline with no reliable results. This acne wash has gotten rid of countless comedones scattered on my cheeks. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I washed my face with it one night, and the next morning, these stubborn bumps on my face were gone. I've been using this product for about 6 months now and the results are, for the most part, consistent. Sometimes I pick out of (bad) habit, but when I don't, my skin stays clear. I highly recommend this! It's my miracle wash!

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

It is a great product if you have stubborn skin that does not like to respond to any of your efforts or if your skin is very sensitive. However do not use in excess amounts and make sure to rinse thoroughly but GENTLY because the BP in it can cause some dryness and being rough on your skin can increase irritation. (Believe in the wash cloth myth? Dont use it it damages your skin! Gently use your fingertips best used in the shower a for gentle rinse.)

Reviewed on October 24, 2012

I have verrry tough skin! Baking soda masks, strong acne treatments of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinol, glycolic acid, lemon juice etc have never overly irritated or burned my skin. But for some reason, every time I apply this cleanser my skin starts to burn and turns an inflamed, puffy red color that lasts several days. Nothing else does that. :| No idea why. I tried to use it several times, with the same result every time.

Reviewed on October 22, 2012

This is my go-to acne product! When my acne got bad, I got prescription cream and and antibiotics, and used this too. There was a period where I stopped using this bc I couldn't find it anywhere and my acne got SO BAD!!! I was so happy when I found it again and I got my face under control. Bottom line: if you have mild/moderate acne like me and are also on antibiotics/prescription cream, this product is great. If you have severe acne, you may want to have prescription cream and antibiotics on top of this cleanser because using it alone is probably not very effective. But as far as an acne cleanser from the drugstore goes, this is great. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants clean skin or has acne problems.

Reviewed on September 13, 2012

I love this product. But you have to be really careful not to use too much. 10% BP is high, and if you use too much it'll give you an allergic reaction (Small little bumps).

I use it as a face wash at least 2 times a day. 3 times a day at most. I sometimes use it as a spot treatment too! But not a lot, only the places you need it, and just a little over that pimple or pimples.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, it will sting/burn! Some people say it bleaches their hair, but it hasn't done anything to mine.

If you have sensitive skin, try a little patch of your skin to make sure you don't react to it. I have to be super careful because my older sister is highly allergic to BP!

Good Luck! :)