Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

Average price: $6.49

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Cheyenne, Ohio on 11/05/2012

It is a great product if you have stubborn skin that does not like to respond to any of your efforts or if your skin is very sensitive. However do not use in excess amounts and make sure to rinse thoroughly but GENTLY because the BP in it can cause some dryness and being rough on your skin can increase irritation. (Believe in the wash cloth myth? Dont use it it damages your skin! Gently use your fingertips best used in the shower a for gentle rinse.).

Pros:
  • Reduces break outs
  • Clean tingly sensation
  • Very good for sensitive skin
  • Reduces size of pores
  • Allows other products I use to work more effectively
  • Gentle
Cons:
  • If not rinsed fast enough it leaves my skin feeling a little tight for an hour or so
  • Can cause increased inflammation on tender areas (use sparingly)
  • Dries skin ever so slightly. (Gentle and light moisturizer is recommended)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 04/17/2014 18:25 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 04/17/2014 18:25 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I have verrry tough skin! Baking soda masks, strong acne treatments of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinol, glycolic acid, lemon juice etc have never overly irritated or burned my skin. But for some reason, every time I apply this cleanser my skin starts to burn and turns an inflamed, puffy red color that lasts several days. Nothing else does that. :| No idea why. I tried to use it several times, with the same result every time.

Pros

• Visible reduction in acne.
  • Tingly, fresh feeling when applied.
  • Nice consistency!

Cons

• Gives my skin a chemical burn.
  • moderately severe
  • inconsistently
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is my go-to acne product! When my acne got bad, I got prescription cream and and antibiotics, and used this too. There was a period where I stopped using this bc I couldn't find it anywhere and my acne got SO BAD!!! I was so happy when I found it again and I got my face under control. Bottom line: if you have mild/moderate acne like me and are also on antibiotics/prescription cream, this product is great. If you have severe acne, you may want to have prescription cream and antibiotics on top of this cleanser because using it alone is probably not very effective. But as far as an acne cleanser from the drugstore goes, this is great. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants clean skin or has acne problems.

Pros

• got rid of acne for the most part
  • suppresses breakouts
  • keeps oil levels low
  • nice feeling
  • works well to keep mild acne under control

Cons

• dries out skin (but all acne cleansers do)
  • bleaches clothes sometimes
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this product. But you have to be really careful not to use too much. 10% BP is high, and if you use too much it'll give you an allergic reaction (Small little bumps).

I use it as a face wash at least 2 times a day. 3 times a day at most. I sometimes use it as a spot treatment too! But not a lot, only the places you need it, and just a little over that pimple or pimples.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, it will sting/burn! Some people say it bleaches their hair, but it hasn't done anything to mine.

If you have sensitive skin, try a little patch of your skin to make sure you don't react to it. I have to be super careful because my older sister is highly allergic to BP!

Good Luck! :)

Pros

• Clear Acne
  • Gives a Refreshing Feeling

Cons

• Too much will cause a reaction
  • Dries Skin (Use Moisturizer)
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

awful unless you want to look terrible and be uncomfortable and not eat with out feeling pain do NOT buy

Pros

• absolutely nothing for me

Cons

• completely dried me out took weeks for my face to become normal and my face got really flakey got so dry i got not eat anything with out feeling pain
  • moderately severe
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Dont ever get this product. You would highly regret it...trust me. I have been using this for over a year now because there is no other medication that really works for me, but thats besides the point. This has made my brown hair completely blonde in the front, made my skin feel as if it were trapped underneath of a mask all day long, made my skin awfully oily and shiny and wherever i go, people ask me why my face is so shiny and ask me if i have highlights in my hair and im sick of it. If you are EXTREMELY desperate to get rid of acne, buy this product, since its your only hope but if you just have average to minor acne, dont get it.

Pros

• Gets rid of acne and prevents new acne...for the most part.

Cons

• bleaches my hair, makes my skin feel extremely tight, never fails to make my skin shiny all day, burns, causes my skin to get red and itchy whenever i sweat, you have to take it 3 times a day or else you will severely breakout.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using this product for about a week now and so far it seems to be clearing my face. My face broke out bad, my chin, forehead, and cheeks. My face was looking like a pepperoni pizza it was that bad! I've always had light acne but this was so embarrassing I didn't even want to leave the house.

So I got on here and read good reviews about the product. I use this product twice a day usually. In the morning and afternoon I work nights so I hardly ever wash my face at nighttime. I try to exfoliate my face every other day with aveeno smart essentials scrub. Then I use clearasil ultra rapid action treatment were my acne is mainly at. To moisturize I use eucerin daily protection Moisturizing face lotion. That seems to be working for me so far. Bottom line this product worked for me so yes I would recommend it.

Pros

• Clears acne
  • Clean smell
  • Works fast

Cons

• Makes my face itch sometimes after use
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I got this a few months ago and after using it for a while it got rid of all of the pimples and papule that were on my forehead and nowadays I rarely get a pimple or papule. On the other side..this caused me to break out in whiteheads/blackheads. My face has become Comedone City with large amounts of whiteheads and blackheads. I recently stopped using this because it's gotten really bad..also I don't like how it leaves residue deposits on my face which is most likely the cause of the comedones.

Pros

• got rid of inflammatory acne (pimples & papule)
  • non drying

Cons

• made my skin oily
  • caused an increase of whiteheads/blackheads
  • left some residue on my skin
  • It's not oil-free
  • moderate
  • for a few months

By on

This is a very good product that I've used for a couple years. How come it is now out-of-stock everywhere I look? It's not even available on-line.

Pros

• Best cleanser I've found. Now it's no longer on the market???

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the face wash I've been using for the past 5 or so years. I won't use anything else.

Pros

• Cooling sensation
  • Skin feels clean and refreshed

Cons

• If I don't rinse it off fast enough, it can cause some redness and dryness.
  • very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was dying to try this product out because I saw so many good reviews on it. I really love the tingly sensation after being washed off. I really like that about Clean and Clear cleansers. It was a nice creamy consistency, and gentle. But after using the entire bottle, not much happened to my acne.

Pros

• Feels SO refreshing after washed off
  • Gentle, good for sensitive skin
  • Does not dry out your skin at all, leaves it feeling so soft
  • Does not make your skin oily

Cons

• Not very effective on acne
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.