Page 2 of Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 311 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 08/20/2014 08:52 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 08/20/2014 08:52 UTC

Good for over the counter
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

Helped control my light acne. Feels good when you use it. Helped heal active acne. Also makes you sun sensitive.

Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I slept at a friend's house and noticed a few new spots on my face. She let me use the clean and clear cleanser . The next morning they were visibly smaller. Amazing product!!

Reviewed on November 25, 2012

I have tried countless face washes, Dan's regimen, Tazorac, and Minocycline with no reliable results. This acne wash has gotten rid of countless comedones scattered on my cheeks. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I washed my face with it one night, and the next morning, these stubborn bumps on my face were gone. I've been using this product for about 6 months now and the results are, for the most part, consistent. Sometimes I pick out of (bad) habit, but when I don't, my skin stays clear. I highly recommend this! It's my miracle wash!

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

It is a great product if you have stubborn skin that does not like to respond to any of your efforts or if your skin is very sensitive. However do not use in excess amounts and make sure to rinse thoroughly but GENTLY because the BP in it can cause some dryness and being rough on your skin can increase irritation. (Believe in the wash cloth myth? Dont use it it damages your skin! Gently use your fingertips best used in the shower a for gentle rinse.)

Reviewed on October 24, 2012

I have verrry tough skin! Baking soda masks, strong acne treatments of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinol, glycolic acid, lemon juice etc have never overly irritated or burned my skin. But for some reason, every time I apply this cleanser my skin starts to burn and turns an inflamed, puffy red color that lasts several days. Nothing else does that. :| No idea why. I tried to use it several times, with the same result every time.

Reviewed on October 22, 2012

This is my go-to acne product! When my acne got bad, I got prescription cream and and antibiotics, and used this too. There was a period where I stopped using this bc I couldn't find it anywhere and my acne got SO BAD!!! I was so happy when I found it again and I got my face under control. Bottom line: if you have mild/moderate acne like me and are also on antibiotics/prescription cream, this product is great. If you have severe acne, you may want to have prescription cream and antibiotics on top of this cleanser because using it alone is probably not very effective. But as far as an acne cleanser from the drugstore goes, this is great. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants clean skin or has acne problems.

Reviewed on September 13, 2012

I love this product. But you have to be really careful not to use too much. 10% BP is high, and if you use too much it'll give you an allergic reaction (Small little bumps).

I use it as a face wash at least 2 times a day. 3 times a day at most. I sometimes use it as a spot treatment too! But not a lot, only the places you need it, and just a little over that pimple or pimples.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, it will sting/burn! Some people say it bleaches their hair, but it hasn't done anything to mine.

If you have sensitive skin, try a little patch of your skin to make sure you don't react to it. I have to be super careful because my older sister is highly allergic to BP!

Good Luck! :)

Reviewed on September 5, 2012

awful unless you want to look terrible and be uncomfortable and not eat with out feeling pain do NOT buy

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

Dont ever get this product. You would highly regret it...trust me. I have been using this for over a year now because there is no other medication that really works for me, but thats besides the point. This has made my brown hair completely blonde in the front, made my skin feel as if it were trapped underneath of a mask all day long, made my skin awfully oily and shiny and wherever i go, people ask me why my face is so shiny and ask me if i have highlights in my hair and im sick of it. If you are EXTREMELY desperate to get rid of acne, buy this product, since its your only hope but if you just have average to minor acne, dont get it.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I have been using this product for about a week now and so far it seems to be clearing my face. My face broke out bad, my chin, forehead, and cheeks. My face was looking like a pepperoni pizza it was that bad! I've always had light acne but this was so embarrassing I didn't even want to leave the house.

So I got on here and read good reviews about the product. I use this product twice a day usually. In the morning and afternoon I work nights so I hardly ever wash my face at nighttime. I try to exfoliate my face every other day with aveeno smart essentials scrub. Then I use clearasil ultra rapid action treatment were my acne is mainly at. To moisturize I use eucerin daily protection Moisturizing face lotion. That seems to be working for me so far. Bottom line this product worked for me so yes I would recommend it.