Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 321 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 23:25 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 12/01/2016 11:33 UTC

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

stings but effective if you can stand it.
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

this was awesome for my skin when I was younger, but man does it burn something fierce. I never used a moisturizer with it, so it would dry out the areas around my mouth and eyes pretty badly.

it is ok
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

I used a different products but it wasnt really working so I tried going back to clean and clear and this product really did clear my skin slowly

Does the job.
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

Was actually recommend by my doctor to use the product. My skin started breaking out all over my forehead,cheeks and jawline. It was pretty bad. I started using it and it got rid of most of it . I've been using it now for about a year and it has totally improved my skin. I mean I get pimples still but not as bad as before.

Cleanser that does what it says! Highly Recommended!
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

I have struggled with acne since I was 14 years old. I am in my early 20s now. I have used many different scrubs and cleansers mainly from the Neutrogena line. I wasn't too fond of the Clean & Clear line at first and was nervous to use Benzoyl Peroxide at first, but I said what do I have to lose but acne. So I read great reviews on this product and started using it in conjunction with "Botchla's Regimen"(a very popular regimen started back in I believe 2004 on this website) Here is the link. It a saved a lot of people's lives! [link edited out] LESS IS MORE! My skin cleared up so much. I would say my face is about 85-90% clear. I have combination skin. Normal cheeks and oily T-zone. The type of acne I used to get consists of white heads, bumps and occasional cyst which I didn't start to develop until a year ago before I started to use this product. The consistency is creamy and feels really smooth on your face! From Botchla's regimen I learn Salicylic acid alone doesn't cure acne you need Benzoyl to kill the deep acne forming called P acnes. So I use Biore Pore Unclogging scrub in the morning and then this benzoyl peroxide cleanser at night after using my Biore scrub and there you have it. The key is to keep using it consistently don't just stop after 3-4 days you will never see results. This does dry out your skin a little bit so make sure you use a good moisturizer.

Finally something that works!
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

My acne started when I was 15 and I'm 22 now. I went to a dermatologist for two years. I tried retin a, cindamyicin, doxycline anitbiotcs, tazorec, but none of those worked. I have had moderate success with benzoyl peroxide cream and then applying moisturizer. Similar to the regimen. In one month this amazing cleanser has cleared my face and body acne. Yes, I also wash my acne prone areas in the shower with it! I only wash my face with it at night and then apply a moisturizer. It is a simple and effective routine for me. I am so thrilled I have finally found something that works!

Best ever.
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

I've been struggling with acne for 19 years (according to the picture in the quiz, moderate acne). I've tried so many things that helped, but never cleared it up 100%, until this. I bought it on a whim, because the store was out of my usual facewash. It worked great. I use it once a day. My cheeks are not dry and flakey anymore since I started using this product. I moisturize with baby lotion daily as well. I still get a few small ones due to hormones just before my periods, but they are easily treated. I love it.

Only con is that I noticed some color bleaching on the neckline of some of my shirts. Switching my routine to washing my body after washing my face has stopped it from happening.

by Valerie_ on 01/18/2016 20:49
Out of curiosity were you able to restore the color to the bleached clothing?
Dries out acne to an extent
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

This helped me in drying out most of my acne but they would reappear if I stop using it. I saw best effect when I used a good amount of it but there's a side effect of dryness and flakiness. An ample amount of moisturizer is needed to suffice for the dryness.

It Takes Time!
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

After a while the product will show no RESULTS, I tried leaving a little bit of the product on the acne area but nothing worked. After a month or so, my acne was completely GONE!

Not for me at all!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This didnt work well for me because after cleansing, my face would became dry. Then during the day, my face grew more oily and i didnt like this at all. Wouldnt recommend it

by sonyekah on 03/08/2015 01:00
you have to moisturize after it has benzoyl peroxide which dries out your skin so you have to replenish those oils or else more pimples will come
by sonyekah on 03/08/2015 02:15
Good
Reviewed on August 30, 2014

I just bought it and followed the directions on the back and everything. I thought you had to use it twice a day, but it said to just start using it once or it could dry out and break out. And it has reduced my jawline acne which is a huge problem for me, I am officially in love. Clean && Clear is bae.