Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 312 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethione, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Polymetaphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5 oz
updated: 09/23/2014 14:22 UTC
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, 5-Ounce hube
updated: 09/23/2014 14:22 UTC

Good
Reviewed on August 30, 2014

I just bought it and followed the directions on the back and everything. I thought you had to use it twice a day, but it said to just start using it once or it could dry out and break out. And it has reduced my jawline acne which is a huge problem for me, I am officially in love. Clean && Clear is bae.

not the worst, but not good
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

A step up from bar soap, but I'm not a fan of BPO. This product leaves a film and doesn't make me feel cleaner. BPO is carcinogenic to rats, so even if I appreciate a medicated cleaner, I don't want carcinogenic ingredients penetrating my pores all day

QUESTION!!!!
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

First time I used an acne cleanser on just some pimples, after a few days I almost had no pimples left but then today I've broken out (usually only get one, never really break out) to some pimples that really sting. Could this product be drying out my skin too much? And could anyone recommend a moisturizer that doesn't give you pimples, because most of them always break me out.

Great for controlling light acne
Reviewed on July 27, 2014

Been using it for maybe a month, and the results are great! Didn't completely diminish the acne, but I can see a huge improvement. Overall, love it!

My Holy Grail!
Reviewed on June 2, 2014

I've been using it for 2yrs now day and night and it has kept my face acne free, it has also has gotten rid of my jawline acne. The only thing that works for me.

Its working !
Reviewed on March 31, 2014

I bought it today and i used it once earlier today and i used it again ar night and when i dried my face i noticed a big difference my acne was less red and my face was so soft . I know that my acne will be totally gone in a couple of days :)

It's really working
Reviewed on January 2, 2014

I started using it when I only had a few pimples and when the acne got really bad I used a different product but it was really working so I tried going back to clean and clear and this product really did improve my skin slowly in a few days I'm already seeing clear spots and the acne is getting less visible

Ok for mild acne
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

So one day while washing my face, I realized that I was running low on my face wash. So that afternoon while I was looking down the aisle wanting to try something soon, I see this. Being so eager to get rid of my mild to moderate acne, I purchase it. Absolutely awful! It dried out my skin and didn't help anything. I mean, it really doesn't surprise me, Clean and Clear is an awful skin care company.

Best I've found so far
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I've tried a whole litany of acne treatments like most people on here and while this cleanser isn't the perfect miracle I've been realizing it's wrong to search for, it's pretty amazing. Certainly the best thing I've found. I wash with the C&C blackhead clearing scrub in the morning, then again in the night followed by this cleanser because salicylic acid alone doesn't do much for my acne and it's the only constant thing I've found to mostly keep away my acne. It's 10% BP but I have dry skin and it does not dry it out one bit. I only have one thing against it which is that like many C&C products, it's fragranced, but that hasn't seen to have broken me out.

Beware
Reviewed on April 29, 2013

A terrible, horrible product! My brother bought the one with 5% benzoyl peroxide but it dried his skin out, so he gave it to me. I used a tiny amount, around half a pea sized drop, and spread it only on my forehead and nose (where my acne is severe) and avoided the sensitive area around my eyes, mouth and cheeks. I did this once a day for two days, and used no other product besides moisturizing lotion. After the second day, I noticed that my skin was a bit itchy and my eyelid was a little droopy feeling. However, I dismissed it and boy was that a mistake! I woke up the next morning to barely being able to open my eyelids they were so swollen! My face was hot and burning and itchy, but at the same time slightly numb! I tried washing my face with just water and my skin had the texture of cottage cheese, and I could barely move my face. After trying to endure the feeling of a severly burned and itchy face, I went to the hospital and even the doctor was frightened by what happened to my face. It was a traumatizing experience. however i did notice that all my acne was gone lol.

by arl505 on 09/01/2013 02:13
LOL this happened to me too. BAD my eyes looked severely sunburned and swollen. Once I got the puffiness to go away my eyes were so dry for weeks it looked like i aged about 10-15 years, I had crazy wrinkles lol. it was very very bad BUT it did help clear my skin very well haha. I guess I just have really sensitive eyes. I do use this on and off for my body tho and it works great and I love the refreshing feeling