Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub reviews

3.5/5 - 133 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne medication).

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters.

Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Salicylic Acid Acne Medication 5 oz (141 g)
updated: 09/02/2014 08:49 UTC

Works great only if you use it right
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

While using the regimen I notices that I started getting blackheads so I used this instead of the cleanser every other day and it works great to get the blackheads out. The trick is to only use it when your acne pimples start clearing up. You wouldn't want to use it if your acne has flared up because it would make it worse. I would definitely recommend it.

Did nothing
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

Tried it and it didn't do anything, yet another disappointing treatment.

worst product yet
Reviewed on April 8, 2014

I used this item for about a week and I seen no results. Just today I decided to try it again. I thought since it didn't work fast last time I would leave it on for 30 minutes. After I finally got it all off I discovered that my face is bright red. However this had not happened before. I would not recommend it for anyone.

Caused Breakouts
Reviewed on March 11, 2014

I used this product for a couple of days and noticed that it was overly drying. My face tried to make up for it by becoming EXTREMELY greasy throughout the day. I brokeout pretty bad and realized that this stuff is liquid satan in a bottle and stopped using it. Didn't work out for me AT ALL. Just...no.

iM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

This product does clear blackheads. I used this product for like a month now and I don't have that much blackheads no more. I stared seeing my blackheads go away in just two days ill recommend this product to everyone and it does not dry my skin. Im just in love with this product. And its really gentle with your skin.

Reviewed on July 24, 2012

Would definitely recommend, and will definitely buy it again!

Reviewed on July 16, 2012

The Blackhead Clearing Scrub is extremely effective at reducing and preventing mild to average acne and ingrown hairs (men) when used twice daily. The product is very gentle on the skin and easy to apply. Several pharmacies and grocery stores sell their own generic brand at a lower price that is as effective.

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

Perhaps the best morning and night face scrub I have ever used that has made my skin smooth, soft and works well with my morning moisturiser. The combination of the two works delightfully well with or without wearing make-up.

Reviews here have mentioned it to be over drying but that's only if you don't apply moisturiser afterwards in the morning. When using it before bed, moisturiser doesn't need to be used because skin has already been moisturised during the day and this cleanser helps to maintain the skin to be soft and smooth.

Other reviews have also mentioned that it hasn't got rid of any previous blackheads but you must remember that it clearly states on the package (which may perhaps be misleading), 'see fewer blackheads', which in other words, your existing blackheads might still remain, but at least it prevents new ones.

Scrubs are generally used to rid blackheads eventually because they rub off dead skin cells over time, so the blackheads that remain stuck in the skin (however I've never experienced those really BIG blackheads) will make the spot stuck underneath to eventually appear on the top surface of the skin.

Admittedly I have two small cysts on each side of my cheek and I believe that it was to do with using an oil cleanser which I've stopped using.

My directions of using: Wet flannel with running water from the hot tap, use flannel to cleanse my face in circular motions. Splash more water over my face and apply less than a thumb size amount of Clean&Clear Scrub and move in small circular motions around the face. Then repeat the flannel action again with hot/warm water to wipe off the cleanser. Splash face one final time to remove extra residue of beads etc and then pat dry face with a clean towel.

In the morning, I then apply Olay Complete Care SPF 15 for normal/combination skin.

My advice is to skip all the other products that can give us a headache on deciding what else we n

Reviewed on April 29, 2012

❤ After using this product just one time, I noticed results the next morning. All together, I've used this product morning and night for about three days. It's been slowly clearing some blackheads for me, but like I said I've only been using it for 3 days. It does clear all other acne and breakouts. I would reccomend using this product with Neutragina's Grapefruit Acne Wash and blackhead clearer. That's what I've been using with it and it works AMAZINGLY. They both clear and prevent acne, breakouts, and blackheads quickly. The grapefruit wash cleans off your face (plus all the other stuff it does!) first before you use the clean and clear scrub so then the scrub can work and get into your skin even better. GET THIS PRODUCT(;

Reviewed on February 29, 2012

I bought the generic version of this product (it's identical to the original), used it daily for a couple weeks, was disappointed in the results. On a side note, any bits or beads for exfoliating were too sparse so it's a poor scrub as well.