Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub reviews

3.3/5 - 145 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters.

Didn't work
Reviewed on May 14, 2017

To put it simple, this did not help clear my blackheads or acne in general. I have normal skin and all this did for me was make my skin feel clean, and it did not break me out either. (I used it for a few months)

You Can Do Better
Reviewed on May 3, 2017

I've been using this product for a while now and boy oh boy is it rough. If you have sensitive skin this is not the product for you because I don't even have sensitive skin and it's too harsh for me. It was so rough that when I would wash it off my skin it left my face feeling kind of raw and uncomfortable. It however does clean your face and somewhat get rid of blackheads, but who wants to buy a product that does not fully do what it is intended to do. You are better off finding a different blackhead cleansing scrub.

Hyperpigmentation and the Inevitable Breakout
Reviewed on January 2, 2017

I originally tried this a year or two ago after reading about how salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide together help with clearing your skin. Initially, this product works- it does wonders for your skin and keeps you clear... but it also comes with a price. My skin became heavily dependent on the product, forcing me to use the product every morning and night under penalty of a major breakout if I skipped even the slightest little portion of my cleansing routine. Even with using this product as a weekly or even bi-weekly exfoliator, one can always feel confident to know that you will have a breakout of some extent the next morning. Furthermore, when you would inevitably have a breakout, your skin would be left with terrible hyperpigmentation, which to this day, nearly 17 months after a major breakout, I still have a lingering reminder of the Clean & Clear product that left my face a disaster.

Break Out City
Reviewed on December 23, 2016

I had clear skin, by that I mean no zits, a few blackheads on my nose, and a bit of upcoming pimples here and there. I wanted to get those black heads off my nose, and I came across this product. Believing that this will work, I started breaking out after a week using this. I don't recommend this product for anyone who has sensitive skin or if Salicylic Acid is not for you. I only bought this item once, and stopped using it after that terrible breakout.

Not for breakout prone, sensitive skin
Reviewed on April 9, 2016

I have very sensitive skin, so anything with Salicylic Acid is a big no no for me. It didn't even clear any black heads, as I tend to get them on my nose. Maybe it would work for people who don't have acne prone skin, but it's definitely not for me.

NOT FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

This product is not made for persons suffering from mild or severe acne, it'll just make your acne worse and you'll break out like crazy.

I'd recommend it to persons who only get occasionally pimples and only suffer from blackheads.

not for sensitive skin
Reviewed on December 23, 2015

it was ok for me in beginning after that for while my skin got burned and got more deep blackhead acne..horrible!!

I hate it.
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

Reasonable price, I'm a teen, works okay at first, leaves you with dry skin, only calms down redness, didn't get rid of my blackheads/pimples, and when you stop using it your skin will break out. Will not recommend.

it's whatever
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

This product is way too harsh for daily use and it worsens your acne. I had this product for like ever and only used it like once a week or twice a week when I didn't have acne. I honestly didn't see any difference on my skin. Then one day I started breaking out and it wouldn't stop. So I started using this product daily and I noticed my whiteheads started getting inflamed. These whiteheads was getting red and big and very noticeable. Since most of my whiteheads was on one side of my cheek... it looked like one side of my cheek was swollen. At that time I really didn't know it was because this product was just too harsh for my skin.

Meh
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

I've used this product for years with the entire line. It made my skin smoother, but made no impact on my acne.