Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Astringent reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Medicinal Ingredient:
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Non Medicinal Ingredients:
Glycerin, Menthyl lactate, PPG-5-ceteth 20, Parfum, SD alcohol 40-B, Water (eau).

long term use
Reviewed on May 17, 2014

I've used this for I'd say around 8 years (got bad acne when I was 12) and I can honestly say i would reccomend this product highly, however only use once a day and the moment it dries apply the Clean & Clear Oil free moisturizer then go straight to bed. You can see the dirt and oil on the cotton pad and while the product does dry your skin out s little using a light, oil free moisturizer helps massively. The only time I have a breakout is when I forget to use it for a few days at a time or when mother nature pays a visit (and even then my skin isn't the greasy oil slicked yet dry mess it was before I started using it). The targeted spot cream you get in the kit isn't much to write home about but it works short term, for two days max. I'm 20 and I've been using this since I hit the spot stage. Drink loads of water and eat less sugar and fat- makes a huge diffrence too :)

It worked at first but then broke me out
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

At first this seemed so great. i meant to only use it once a day or so but loved the results i started using it twice a day and now my face is so broken out after MONTHS of having it under control. im really upset about it. i have stopped using it daily, just every once and a while, especially after the gym and i feel like my face has gotten better.

Bottom line is, this can irritate your skin if used daily. You've been warned

works okay!
Reviewed on August 7, 2013

It has a nice smell,doesn't feel too harsh and clears up blackheads on the nose, leaving you with a smooth surface.

It doesn't work wonders, but it's pretty allright.

Reviewed on March 6, 2013

This product is good. I suggest you not use it on your face because it will cause you to break out like crazy.

Reviewed on February 13, 2012

I am 23 and have used a variety of products for about 10 years. The bottom line is that if you have bad acne, you need to keep to a regiment. I wash with clean and clear face wash (you can probably use any kind of face wash) in the morning and then put on an oil-free SPF moisturizer. It is ONLY in the evening after I have washed with the acne face wash before bed that I apply the blackhead astringent (preferably RIGHT after you have washed your face with warm water and then dried it -->your pores are open more.) Use a cotton ball and really work it into your pores. Do not put anything else on except chapstick for lips. Your face may feel dry but it doesn't matter because it's bedtime. In the morning, wash your face and apply moisturizer and the process continues. The more you skip washes or applications, the more you will break out. The more strict you are, the more you will get out of this product. Seriously though, only at night.

Reviewed on January 21, 2012

dont use if your skins sensitive, despite negative reviews it is a good cleanser and does prevents blackheads/whiteheads.

Reviewed on January 20, 2012

false advertising;

should be called "alcohol-scented oil remover" because that's what it does (not that that's a bad thing...)

Reviewed on January 1, 2011

dont get it

left a red scar on my face