Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Astringent

Average price: $5.87

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, Canada on 10/12/2009

Pretty good, not worth more than 10 dollars.

Pros:
  • It's pretty good, it's kind of reduced the look of my blackheads.
Cons:
  • You have to use a lot and rub it on for a long time. It really burns after a while and stings your eyes.

125 out of 240 people found this review helpful

Medicinal Ingredient:
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Non Medicinal Ingredients:
Glycerin, Menthyl lactate, PPG-5-ceteth 20, Parfum, SD alcohol 40-B, Water (eau).

Member reviews

“works okay!”
By on

It has a nice smell,doesn't feel too harsh and clears up blackheads on the nose, leaving you with a smooth surface.

It doesn't work wonders, but it's pretty allright.

Pros

• works
  • smell
  • price

Cons

• doesn't prevent acne
  • not for cystic acne
  • for about a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is good. I suggest you not use it on your face because it will cause you to break out like crazy.

Pros

• Depending on the type of skin u have varies in your results !!
  • It works on my legs and arms by lightening my annoying dark spots. After one week I can see a difference. Not huge but a difference. Wish I can post before and after pictures. Doesn't dry out skin

Cons

• NEVER USE ON FACE !!!!
  • Used on my face and caused me to break out. In my opinion it only works on your body but not the face. It BURNS sometimes.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am 23 and have used a variety of products for about 10 years. The bottom line is that if you have bad acne, you need to keep to a regiment. I wash with clean and clear face wash (you can probably use any kind of face wash) in the morning and then put on an oil-free SPF moisturizer. It is ONLY in the evening after I have washed with the acne face wash before bed that I apply the blackhead astringent (preferably RIGHT after you have washed your face with warm water and then dried it -->your pores are open more.) Use a cotton ball and really work it into your pores. Do not put anything else on except chapstick for lips. Your face may feel dry but it doesn't matter because it's bedtime. In the morning, wash your face and apply moisturizer and the process continues. The more you skip washes or applications, the more you will break out. The more strict you are, the more you will get out of this product. Seriously though, only at night.

Pros

• Prevents pimples/reduces duration of breakout;
  • Reduces severity of blackheads;
  • Smoother skin over time.

Cons

• Can sting;
  • Skin feels very dry after use/may flake the first few times you use it.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

dont use if your skins sensitive, despite negative reviews it is a good cleanser and does prevents blackheads/whiteheads.

Pros

• cleans face, prevents new blackheads

Cons

• doesnt stop acne, strong smell, can sting.
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

false advertising;

should be called "alcohol-scented oil remover" because that's what it does (not that that's a bad thing...)

Pros

• clears oil and other dirt

Cons

• does nothing for blackheads
  • strong alcohol smell
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

SCAM

Pros

• SCAM

Cons

• SCAM
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7

Not worth it

Pros

• reduces size of pimples
  • after long use got rid of blackheads

Cons

• stings
  • made my face red
  • smell
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 8.49
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

dont get it

left a red scar on my face

Pros

• none

Cons

• it stings
  • severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 110
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This products was so terrible that it made me swear off any sort of drug store toner or astringent for years! Like others have said, it made my face really shiny. It left a greasy film that made me break out worse. I kept reading the label over and over trying to figure out what on earth was in it that made it that way. I still don't know, but will avoid it at all costs.

Pros

• Feels interesting

Cons

• Shiny face
  • Caused breakouts
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I found that this product actually works really well, but, of course, you can't rely on this product only. Yes, it did leave my face red and it dried it out/left it shiny, which is why I use this at night before I go to bed. I apply it with a cotton ball, leave it on for about fifteen minutes, and then apply some aloe vera to the rest of my face to keep it from drying out too much. Then just go to sleep and you wake up and your skin is fine! I've only been using this product for a short time, but I find that it does work. It's worth at least giving it a shot.

Pros

• clears up acne
  • shrinks your pimples
  • prevents acne from coming back
  • smells good! (to me, at least.)
  • tightens pores

Cons

• burns your skin
  • leaves skin red and splotchy after use
  • dries out skin
  • leaves skin shiny
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 8.49