Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By DavieL., Allen, Tx on 04/12/2013
thumbnail

Hello! I have moderate acne, which will inflame monthly, and I have found great use in this product! Other then the high risk of overusing, it's a very decent product for a low price. I even carry this bad boy around at school, if I notice a pimple I just wipe a dab, across it, and almost instantly the inflammation/redness, will disappear. Like any product this will not instantaneously cure all acne, depending on your skin sensitivity, and type which can be found out here; [link removed] I have combination, and have found this product very useful. Recommended!.

Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Almost instantly vanished inflammation/redness
Cons:
  • Easy to overuse
  • Easy to cause dryness

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Denatonium Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Citrate, T Butyl Alcohol, Water.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, .75 fl oz
updated: 04/17/2014 18:46 UTC
Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 18:46 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I am fourteen and I used to only get one or two pimples on my nose, but recently I have had breakouts on my nose, the right side of my mouth, and especially my forehead. My mom went out and bought me the clean and clear acne spot treatment and I followed the directions, but it did not do much of anything to get rid of the acne. This stuff dried out my face on the right side of my mouth and made my forehead and nose really oily and red. I had really high hopes for this, but it did not work very well at all. I do admit though that the acne on my forehead did reduce in size.

Pros

• It reduced the size, but only with the first use
  • It doesn't smell bad
  • It doesn't sting at all

Cons

• It made the acne more red than before
  • Didn't work very well
  • Made my face dry
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It's good if you like getting your acne "half" clear. This stuff burns a lot! And I don't really see a difference after using it. I used this along with my Clean and Clear 3 in 1 acne exfoliating face scrub in the morning and night. And my acne hardly reduced or changed the next day.

Pros

• Reduces size only

Cons

• Burns like the devils rear end
  • Gets flaky like dry glue on your skin
  • Doesn't get rid of the entire pimple
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this product. I break out very easily and I used this product yesterday evening after washing my face and cleansing with the clean and clear deep cleansing lotion. It did reduce all my spots.It was slightly stingy but not as serious as some reviewers make it .I love this product and would buy it again.

Pros

• Affordable
  • visibly reduces spot sizes

Cons

[not submitted]
  • severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is one of my favorite drugtore products and I contribute it to helping clear my acne a lot!

Pros

• IHelps clear acne fast!!I apply this every night before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning my spots I put it on are reduced and not as red! Overall awesome product!

Cons

• Not really any to say except it burns a little but that can bed helpful to tell you its working good.
  • light
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i worked really nice , i use it when i get a sudden break out and i really like it.

Pros

• took 7 days to get rid of my acne
  • worked really well
  • acne decreased so fast
  • the smell was not so bad
  • dried up fast on skin so was not sticky

Cons

• did not get rid of my acne right away one pimple went away fast but the rest were slow and did not get rid of my acne evenly.
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I decided to deal with the smell and the stinging at first because of the speed at which it began to heal my zits. Although my skin began to get used to it and all it does now is make my pimples peel. However, if used once in a while for those who rarely break out, it is an amazing product. Good Luck.

Pros

• dries up the acne fast when applied generously

Cons

• stings
  • obnoxious smell
  • over-drying
  • skin gets used to it
  • moderate
  • for a day or two

By on

It didn't do anything! i wouldn't get this!!

Pros

• .clear
  • .easy to apply
  • .didn't make me break out

Cons

• .didnt help with my acne at all!
  • .stings
  • .smells funny
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8

By on

It's a good buy! I'd recommend this to everyone with light to moderate acne. I've tried Terminator 10 spot treatment and it bleached the towel I dried my hands off with, my pillow cases and the sleeves of my night shirts. Clena and Clear is so much better and also it doesn't smell too chemically.

Pros

• Quickly dries after applied.
  • No stickiness.
  • Light smell.
  • Noticeable results the next day.
  • Pretty cheap compared to prescription medications that leave your face dry, peeling, red and hurting the entire time you use it with no quick results.
  • Doesn't bleach your clothes!

Cons

• None!
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 7.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have tried many different face washes/creams/treatments with no results. My adult acne actually got worse. This is a good product for a great price!

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Clear gel
  • Dries out pimples fairly quickly
  • Very light odor

Cons

• Stings - but only for a few seconds. It's nothing bad enough to whine about.
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Don't buy this product... there are cheaper products that will not make you writhe in pain and will actually make your zits go away. As I'm writing this, I have tears, from the intensity of the painful burn. /:

Pros

• If you like a fiery burning sensation on your skin, you'll love this product!
  • Pretty much the only "pro" is that it's clear and in gel form.

Cons

• Actually the gel form kinda sucks too, because it doesn't dry, so when you go to bed it will rub off.
  • I've had many different "acne spot treatments" this is by far the worst and most ineffective.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7.5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.