Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By DavieL., Allen, Tx on 04/12/2013
thumbnail

Hello! I have moderate acne, which will inflame monthly, and I have found great use in this product! Other then the high risk of overusing, it's a very decent product for a low price. I even carry this bad boy around at school, if I notice a pimple I just wipe a dab, across it, and almost instantly the inflammation/redness, will disappear. Like any product this will not instantaneously cure all acne, depending on your skin sensitivity, and type which can be found out here; [link removed] I have combination, and have found this product very useful. Recommended!.

Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Almost instantly vanished inflammation/redness
Cons:
  • Easy to overuse
  • Easy to cause dryness

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Denatonium Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Citrate, T Butyl Alcohol, Water.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, .75 fl oz
updated: 04/16/2014 09:30 UTC
Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/16/2014 09:30 UTC

Member reviews

By on

Great product for a drugstore product. Definitely recommend this to anyone with light/minimal acne, for cystic acne, you might need something stronger.

Pros

• works effectively
  • diminishes the breakout in 1-2 days
  • good for little breakouts

Cons

• stings a little, but nothing unbearable
  • if you try using another product on top, it flakes so do your normal skincare before the spot treatment
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this product, and it's the only other acne treatment I use other than face wash.

Pros

• Results show the next day.

Cons

• The people who say it stings are pussies. It's not bad at all. It's more like a "minty/ tingly" feel.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this product I literally worship it. Right now I barely have any acne left because of this product. I recommend this to anyone literally i've told all my friends and family about this and it has helped them. If you havent boughten this product already go buy what are you waiting for because it will change your life and your face. Trust me on this.

Pros

• It zaps zits overnight.
  • Doesnt smell bad.
  • Fast working.
  • Has a funny tingle which I like.......

Cons

• For couple days it will sting because your skin is still getting use to this products, it does have 2% salicid acid.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Okay so far, since I use AC Care it probably caused the redness. Recommended!

Pros

• Got rid of most of my acne scars
  • Makes skin unusually soft?
  • Does not interfere with other makeup
  • Feels light and immediately absorbs into skin

Cons

• Causes redness when used with other cosmetics that are NOT from Clean & Clear
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this to help stop my pimples from forming, but instead I got an outbreak in the parts that I wasn't applying this to. My acne looks significantly worse than it did before I used this product.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Didn't do anything for my acne
  • Seemed to be more of an outbreak than there was before
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is a good treatment for just SPOT treatments. I don't suggest using this all over your face. The product has a very strong fragrance and can cause redness if you use more than a pea sized amount ( a little goes a long way). I don't think i will buy this product again for two reasons: 1. Too much added fragrance that is irritating my skin 2. Has not significantly made a difference in my skin complexion.

Pros

• salicylic acid

Cons

• small tube for price
  • strong fragrance
  • for a few months
  • $ 6.59
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i love this product i re-bought it many times completely honest the bottom line is this is known to help acne and prevent it what i do with this is apply it all over my face and keep using it to prevent acne and honestly who likes acne i better prevent it then not so i would recommend it to use it all over the face and if you have sever acne this may not work for you this will only work for people with light and moderate acne and also since salysilic acid is fruit bashed acids it may not work for sever acne you may need benzil peroxide or how ever you spell that and that it putting oxygen and pushing your pimple out to a head. however when i break out alto sometimes occasionally i would aging use it all over my face it helps me .every one is different

Pros

• it good product
  • clears up acne and it's scars
  • has salysilic acid and that is known to help and prevent breakouts

Cons

• none honestly
  • wont work on sever acne
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this spot treatment its not like $60 this works wonders and its under 10 bucks! The first night i used it some of my acne went away and it reduce the size and redness on many of them. I dont use any other clean and clear products i just put some hydrogen peroxide before then add this on and it works great!

Pros

• works really well
  • doesnt have smell
  • works wonders overnight
  • oil free yay!
  • doesnt dry
  • takes away the redness
  • barely no more acne on some spots

Cons

• you have to let it dry to put makeup
  • small size for the price
  • stings for like 5 seconds
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6.99

By on

This product will work a lot better if you use clean and clear ONLY. This product works great!

I use it everyday and it really helps. If it is combined with another product if may cause a redness that will go away in a day

Pros

• reduces redness in less then 4 hours
  • cheaper then other products
  • helps from more acne from coming
  • works better if you only use clean & clear products

Cons

• stings for about 5 seconds (but that's how you know it works)
  • may run out fast
  • if you use makeup over the blemish let the product dry before use or else when you put the make up on it will rub off the makeup and product.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 5

By on

I gave this product a tried because i had whiteheads all over my cheeks and were under the surface of my skin. So I bought this and spread the cream (which you are not suppose to do) on my acne areas at night and literally in the morning, I felt my skin more tight, VERY red (LITERALLY), and burning, of course. It was awful. I do not reccomend this for sensitive skin.

Pros

• It reduced the size of my pimples and got rid a FEW of my whiteheads.

Cons

• Burned my skin as f--k.
  • Rashes on my skin.
  • No good for sensitive skin.
  • Only use this as a spot treatment, don't spread it in your whole face (my mistake..)
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks