Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit reviews

2.6/5 - 39 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Acne Control Cleanser
Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Menthol, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Potassium Polyphosphate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Lactate.

Acne Control Moisturizer
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Isoceteth-20, Laureth-7, Methyl Gluceth-20, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Ppg-10 Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, Steareth-21, Water.

Fast Clearing Spot Treatment
Salicylic Acid (2%).

Alcohol (37%), Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeyanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Ppg-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium Edta, Water.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit, Cleanser 4-Ounce Tube, Moisturizer 2-Ounce Tube and Fast Clearing Spot Treatment, 0.5-Ounce Tube
updated: 06/07/2017 08:32 UTC
updated: 06/07/2017 08:32 UTC

Dry skin and acne
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

I tried to use this all together but it really irritated my face and dried it out A LOT. I even tried building up a tolerance to each step and still too drying even with a ton of moisturizer. Now I'm only using the wash with a different moisturizer at night and just feel I'm stuck in a rut. I've battled acne for years and every treatment I've tried has been too drying on my skin. Any recommendations?

May work for others but not for me
Reviewed on September 10, 2014

I think this product is for people who have a lot of acne. I have pimples that come and I cant seem to get rid of them, after trying this product it only made it worse, first it dried out my skin and second I had a bad reaction to it so it made my eyelids bright red and dried them out..

It may work for other people but deffs not for me.. I'm also not very sure about the ingredients in this product..

Waste of time and money
Reviewed on March 14, 2014

Been using this product for about 2 weeks and now my acne is much much worse! I'm 33 and have had acne since I was a teenager. I've tried everything, trust me. This is by far the worst my skin has ever been. Now I have huge, painful pimples in places I've never had pimples. I'm so frustrated with this! I don't recommend this product at all. I think I will go back to proactiv.

mike, california
Reviewed on January 21, 2013

If you are someone who has major acne this product will only make it worse

Leah, Atlanta
Reviewed on June 8, 2012

Good if you have REALLY bad acne. For those of us who have less, it really dries out skin and doesn't help too much. Also, the facial wash smells so sulfuric and bad it makes you REALLY gag.

Anonymous
Reviewed on May 14, 2012

I wouldn't recommend using any products with Benzoyl peroxide.

Reviewed on March 6, 2012

After a disasterous time with proactiv I used this and it worked better and made it so i didnt have huge painful pimples but im still on the hunt for something that will get rid of all the smaller ones I still constantly get.

Anonymous
Rachel, Seattle, WA
Reviewed on January 3, 2012

I love this product line! Clean & Clean (specifically, the Advantage Kit) is the only 3-step kit that has ever made a positive impact on my acne.

I've had acne since middle school, and am now in the middle of my third year in college. I've tried Proactive, Nuetrogena, Stridex, Zapyt, Biore, Aveeno, Clearasil, AcneFree, and even did two cycles of Accutane. The bottom line is: It seems that every product or kit out there has either made my acne worse or stopped working after a week or two. The exception to the rule is Clean & Clear Acne Advantage Kit, which has reduced my acne to one or two occasional pimples around my right temple (thanks, bangs) and jaw line (thanks, hair). I've tried the other, more expensive Mark Eraser kit that Clean & Clear sells, but it doesn't have the same effective results that this kit has given me since freshman year.

I also use Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser as an oil an makeup remover, before washing my face with the Clean & Clear cleanser ("step 1") and the other products in this kit.

Keli, New York
Reviewed on December 27, 2011

The spot treatment was good, but can't be used all by itself. I still use it from time to time and it helps, but my skin still sucks. As a whole, the system helps get rid of acne. Although, like everything else I have used (Proactiv & Skin ID) it gets rid of what you have, but doesn't stop new zits from coming. So essentially you solve the old problems and replace them with the new ones. This is at least what happened when i used it.