Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Cleanser reviews

1.7/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium C12-13 Alkyl Phosphate, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract.

Clean & Clear Has the Worst Products
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I used this for months before I realized the damage it was doing to my skin. I'm not new to C&C, as I've tried it for many years. Shame on me for believing this product would be any different.

I have an oily T zone with normal cheeks. I never have breakouts on my cheeks, but I got them frequently while using this. I'm not sure if it was the numerous harsh chemicals used to formulate the wash, or the filmy residue it left despite me rinsing my face countless times.

This is not the first time I have complained about a Clean & Clear product, however it will be the last. They have proven time and time again that they do not work as advertized and dry all skin types out. It's alarming that Johnson & Johnson comments on nearly every review on their website stating that it's "not typical of their products" and ask you to call their Consumer Care Center. That is a huge red flag to me.

I will not be purchasing anything from their line again and I will be switching to all-natural skin care provided by LUSH Cosmetics and Origins.

Terrible
Reviewed on September 13, 2013

I have been using Steps 1 - 3 Advantage Clean & Clear for 2 days

Followed the instructions clearly and today i woke up to tiny blister-like pimples all around my mouth area and nose.

My face is very itchy, red and painful. It also feels extremely tight.

I have moderate acne - Don't recommend this product at all. The bin is waiting in open arms for this kit.

Reviewed on September 6, 2012

Did not work. Burned really bad.

Reviewed on May 31, 2011

To be honest I have severe acne and at the beginning I did see an improvement in my skin. My acne was never clear though. This only lasted for maybe the first week and then I was breaking out multiple times a day like I always had. This product never worked for me and was really disappointing. It's not even about the money. I would pay the money if I knew it worked but this product just didn't deliver.

Reviewed on February 6, 2011

I have mild acne, mostly on my forehead and a few zits on and around my nose. This stuff didn't really eliminate all of my acne, but it made a lot of my pimples go flat, and the cleanser makes some of the scars and redness go away a little bit. The lotion makes my skin feel so soft! And the spot treatment stings (I have sensitive skin), but the salyclic acid makes the pimples flat. They are still visible, but less than before. I overuse the spot treatment, so it leaves nasty scars on my skin. Once you use the lotion though, they fade away. Bottom line is it works pretty well, but doesn't clear everything. Don't overuse it, especially if you have sensitive skin.