Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Cleanser

Average price: $19.50

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 02/06/2011

I have mild acne, mostly on my forehead and a few zits on and around my nose. This stuff didn't really eliminate all of my acne, but it made a lot of my pimples go flat, and the cleanser makes some of the scars and redness go away a little bit. The lotion makes my skin feel so soft! And the spot treatment stings (I have sensitive skin), but the salyclic acid makes the pimples flat. They are still visible, but less than before. I overuse the spot treatment, so it leaves nasty scars on my skin. Once you use the lotion though, they fade away. Bottom line is it works pretty well, but doesn't clear everything. Don't overuse it, especially if you have sensitive skin..

Pros:
  • Spot treatment shrinks pimples of all sizes! Lotion makes skin unbelieveably soft, and softens the acne area and skin around it. The cleanser makes the skin feel amazingly fresh, and feels great!
Cons:
  • Spot treatment stings, and if you overuse it it could lead to scarring. It also makes the acne a bit red. The lotion is very oily, and doesn't help clear the acne too much. It makes your skin oily if you don't rub it in all the way. Cleanser makes all of the skin pinkish-red of you put it on for too long. But I think the pros outdo the cons.

19 out of 33 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium C12-13 Alkyl Phosphate, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract.

Member reviews

“Terrible”

I have been using Steps 1 - 3 Advantage Clean & Clear for 2 days

Followed the instructions clearly and today i woke up to tiny blister-like pimples all around my mouth area and nose.

My face is very itchy, red and painful. It also feels extremely tight.

I have moderate acne - Don't recommend this product at all. The bin is waiting in open arms for this kit.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Burning
  • Tiny, clustered pimples all over nose and mouth
  • Itchy and Painful
  • for a day or two
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Did not work. Burned really bad.

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• Burned so bad.
  • Did not clear up acne.
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 20
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

To be honest I have severe acne and at the beginning I did see an improvement in my skin. My acne was never clear though. This only lasted for maybe the first week and then I was breaking out multiple times a day like I always had. This product never worked for me and was really disappointing. It's not even about the money. I would pay the money if I knew it worked but this product just didn't deliver.

Pros

• It removed all my makeup

Cons

• didn't clear up my acne
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 13
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

• moderate
  • $ 19.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

It Sucks!

Pros

• None!

Cons

• After First use my face swole up and turned red. It itched super bad and even burned! Then my face has been dried out and hurts for the last 4 days!
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.