Page 3 of Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser reviews

3.4/5 - 224 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid 0. 5%.

Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Oil, Benzoic Acid, Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Clove Oil, Benzophenone-4, D&C Orange No. 4, D&C Yellow No. 10.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (5 fl oz)
updated: 09/23/2014 01:49 UTC

Reviewed on July 29, 2011

I liked it. was kind of iffy on it because ive tried clean and clear produts before and they didnt do anything for me. And ive since always used neutrogena. But then that started to not work well so i switched back over and i was surprised. After one day my pimples were less noticeable. So i do recommend it!!

Reviewed on July 7, 2011

I used this product for about a week and saw pretty good results. Pimples were drying out and cysts were decreasing in size although after about 2 weeks to a month i realised that each pimple that emerged would dry out and disappear but red scars were left in their place. I started getting breakouts in places that i usually don't (chin area) and i felt like it spread the acne. I feel like every time i use it the scars get redder and redder and more pimple emerge in their place.

Bottom line: If this product feels too harsh on your skin switch to cetaphil. I thinks it almost the same just better.

Bottom Bottom line: Don't use it if you have a problem with scarring. I feel it just increases the redness of them.

Reviewed on July 5, 2011

I like to think my skin is pretty versatile, never had a bad reaction to any creams/cleansers etc.

However, the first time I used this I had a slight tingling on my face. I didn't think anything of it as I assumed that was the product working. I used it again the following day. As soon as I rinsed it off my face felt like it was on fire.

My whole face swelled up, my eyes were swollen almost shut (they stayed that way for TWO DAYS). I had loads of red bumps on my chin and cheeks, and the skin on my face felt like someone had set it on fire!!! I took anti histamines which only helped a little.

I last used it on Friday (it's tuesday now) and I'm STILL suffering the effects, My skin is dry, cracked and feels like leather. It's starting to peel off too. Moisturizer doesn't seem to be helping at all. Oh and although it's peeled a lot of my skin off I still have the spots!! Useless!

I really regret using this and wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE because of this possible side effect! If I could give it 0/5 I would've!

Reviewed on July 3, 2011

i love this product and i recommend it but after reading the other reviews i suggest everyone read the warning label on the back. Try it out maybe once a day or every other so that you know how it will effect you .

Reviewed on June 28, 2011

It might work for some, but not for me . . .

My skin has never been sensitive, and I have never had any allergies . . .

I would not suggest this to anyone, unless you're willing to accept the possible side effects.

Reviewed on May 30, 2011

This product was okay, it didn't help with my acne, but it didnt cause any new pimples to form. it pretty much just kept it even.

Reviewed on May 14, 2011

I would not buy it again, it really was not helpful to me at all.

Reviewed on April 24, 2011

very happy with the results. but had to jump a few hurdles to get to it.

Reviewed on April 13, 2011

I now know what torture feels like.

This product was my personal version of Hell, and my skin can take just about anything. If you are even slightly concerned, skip this product.

Reviewed on March 28, 2011

definately i would recommend this product to any one especially ladies living in africa under tropical climate.

how do we reduce the sizes of pores and diminish scars which has been brought about by acne