Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser

Average price: $11.70

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Sam, California on 08/20/2012

do not get this product. i tried many many products and i have never felt something burn so badly. this product is literally hell. do not use it. take my warning. i had a pimple, used this product, and now my whole face is red and inflamed and i cant even go out since it's so red and people keep asking me what happened. save yourself, and do not buy this product the side effects are terrible and my skin is dying.

Pros:
  • NOTHING.
Cons:
  • This is a product that should definitely never be used. I used this product at night and felt a burning sensation, but I thought it was normal. The next morning I used it again and my face was burning, red, swollen, and itchy. My eyes are still swollen shut from yesterday's use. I am a 16 year old girl with very light acne. This product burns your skin. If you are young and have sensitive skin, I would not recommend using this product. My face hurts really badly and it sucks

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid 0. 5%.

Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Oil, Benzoic Acid, Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Clove Oil, Benzophenone-4, D&C Orange No. 4, D&C Yellow No. 10.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (5 fl oz)
updated: 04/18/2014 01:40 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I used this ONCE and my face feels A LOT better. I plan to use this for a long time. It was my last step before visiting a dermatologist. It stings when you use the spot treatment, but dampen it with a wet washclosh and it feels better right away. I bought it in the package with the cleanser, moisturizer, and spot treatment and used it for the first time today. I felt great, looked great, and it gave my skin a more even tone (It either made my acne more pale, or my face more red, but either way, I looked better :D) I feel so good, all of the sudden. I am going out with friends that I haven't seen in a long time in two days, and I hope that my bad spots will be gone by then. So far, I see great results.

Pros

• Makes skin FEEL better
  • directions are easy to follow
  • minimizes size

Cons

• none so far
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Way, way too harsh,

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• I also had a terrible reaction to this; my skin came up in a itchy red rash and still feels really tight and horrible. Ive never had an issue with anything on my face before and have never suffered from spots.
  • very light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Bought this product last week. After 1 day it seemed like it was working but then after a few more days the skin was extremely dry and peeling. More blemishes came in areas that there were none before. It is so bad that this morning I made an appointment for a dermatologist. Definitely do not recommend this product.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Severly dried my daughters skin.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I first used the product before I performed in a show, I had quite a few pimples on my face and I wanted them gone quickly. Disregarding the warning that said to not use very often if you have dry skin, I used it several times in a day. I noticed my skin peeling after the play I was in (thank goodness) So if you have dry skin, I recommend using this product lightly. Whenever I use the spot treatment, it peels away the skin where the pimple was and looks awful. It also creates scarring. Other than that, it makes my face clear within a couple days!

Pros

• Works quickly; noticed decreased pimple size within one use.
  • Makes the skin feel clean and fresh.

Cons

• Burns if you have openings on your skin.
  • Dries the pimple and leaves it peeling.
  • Leaves scars.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 7.75

By on

I bought the little kit with a small bottle of moisturizer and the spot treatment and it worked a little bit, but not significantly. I wouldn't use it again, it just didn't work.

Pros

• somewhat helps acne
  • feels good when it's on your face
  • makes skin feel clean

Cons

• doesn't completely clear acne
  • doesn't prevent breakouts
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I do recommend this product, and I don't.

If you have versatile skin and you don't get reactions to anything, then this product will work for you.

If you have sensitive and/or very dry skin, i do not recommend this product. Your face will get a reaction.

ALSO, USE THIS PRODUCT *ONLY* IF YOUR ACNE IS FROM MODERATE TO SEVERE. If you have light to very light acne, please use a gentle cleanser, like Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser. I find that works well with light acne :)

so. This isn't the greatest clean and clear product for the general acne suffering public, but it will deliver results to certain people.

whether you try this wash is up to you, but remember: normal-oily skin, yes. dry-sensitive skin, No.

good luck!

Pros

• Will work for some skin types
  • Makes skin feel clean and soft
  • Light, gentle scent
  • Feels good
  • Controls oil

Cons

• has phosphoric acid....
  • occasionally will amplify redness
  • somewhat harsh..
  • can be a bit over-drying..
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8

By on

This product is great! About 2 weeks ago I switched from ProActiv and so far it has worked miracles! My face isn't completely clear yet but it's definitely getting there. It's really cheap and because of it's great acne bacteria killing ingredients it workes amazing. My face is really oily but this product controls it perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Pros

• Smells good
  • Gets job done :)
  • Doesn't dry out face

Cons

• Sometimes slight redness
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I still use it at night but use something lighter like cetaphil In the morning

Pros

• Works well for moderate acne

Cons

• DO NOT use more than once a day it dried my face out so bad it gave me more acne
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

after reading the reviews, i have realized that everyone with an unpostive experience had light to very light acne. i only suggest this product if you consistantly get acne and you need something strong, otherwise you might have a reaction. if your acne is that light, you should just be washing your face and using cetaphil anyway.

Pros

• works

Cons

• doesnt work immediatly
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6.75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I liked it. was kind of iffy on it because ive tried clean and clear produts before and they didnt do anything for me. And ive since always used neutrogena. But then that started to not work well so i switched back over and i was surprised. After one day my pimples were less noticeable. So i do recommend it!!

Pros

• It helps clear breakouts
  • Makes your skin soft
  • Smells good

Cons

• It sometimes gives you pimples instead of preventing them.
  • Sometimes makes your skin dry
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.