Page 2 of Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser reviews

3.4/5 - 223 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Salicylic Acid 0. 5%.

Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Oil, Benzoic Acid, Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Clove Oil, Benzophenone-4, D&C Orange No. 4, D&C Yellow No. 10.

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (5 fl oz)
updated: 08/01/2014 00:55 UTC

Reviewed on January 28, 2012

I used this ONCE and my face feels A LOT better. I plan to use this for a long time. It was my last step before visiting a dermatologist. It stings when you use the spot treatment, but dampen it with a wet washclosh and it feels better right away. I bought it in the package with the cleanser, moisturizer, and spot treatment and used it for the first time today. I felt great, looked great, and it gave my skin a more even tone (It either made my acne more pale, or my face more red, but either way, I looked better :D) I feel so good, all of the sudden. I am going out with friends that I haven't seen in a long time in two days, and I hope that my bad spots will be gone by then. So far, I see great results.

Reviewed on December 14, 2011

Bought this product last week. After 1 day it seemed like it was working but then after a few more days the skin was extremely dry and peeling. More blemishes came in areas that there were none before. It is so bad that this morning I made an appointment for a dermatologist. Definitely do not recommend this product.

Reviewed on December 1, 2011

I first used the product before I performed in a show, I had quite a few pimples on my face and I wanted them gone quickly. Disregarding the warning that said to not use very often if you have dry skin, I used it several times in a day. I noticed my skin peeling after the play I was in (thank goodness) So if you have dry skin, I recommend using this product lightly. Whenever I use the spot treatment, it peels away the skin where the pimple was and looks awful. It also creates scarring. Other than that, it makes my face clear within a couple days!

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

I bought the little kit with a small bottle of moisturizer and the spot treatment and it worked a little bit, but not significantly. I wouldn't use it again, it just didn't work.

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

I do recommend this product, and I don't.

If you have versatile skin and you don't get reactions to anything, then this product will work for you.

If you have sensitive and/or very dry skin, i do not recommend this product. Your face will get a reaction.

ALSO, USE THIS PRODUCT *ONLY* IF YOUR ACNE IS FROM MODERATE TO SEVERE. If you have light to very light acne, please use a gentle cleanser, like Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser. I find that works well with light acne :)

so. This isn't the greatest clean and clear product for the general acne suffering public, but it will deliver results to certain people.

whether you try this wash is up to you, but remember: normal-oily skin, yes. dry-sensitive skin, No.

good luck!

Reviewed on September 22, 2011

This product is great! About 2 weeks ago I switched from ProActiv and so far it has worked miracles! My face isn't completely clear yet but it's definitely getting there. It's really cheap and because of it's great acne bacteria killing ingredients it workes amazing. My face is really oily but this product controls it perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed on August 20, 2011

I still use it at night but use something lighter like cetaphil In the morning

Reviewed on August 15, 2011

after reading the reviews, i have realized that everyone with an unpostive experience had light to very light acne. i only suggest this product if you consistantly get acne and you need something strong, otherwise you might have a reaction. if your acne is that light, you should just be washing your face and using cetaphil anyway.

Reviewed on July 29, 2011

I liked it. was kind of iffy on it because ive tried clean and clear produts before and they didnt do anything for me. And ive since always used neutrogena. But then that started to not work well so i switched back over and i was surprised. After one day my pimples were less noticeable. So i do recommend it!!