Clarisonic Skin Care Brush reviews

3.9/5 - 97 reviews

Brand: Clarisonic

Absolutely Love
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I bought my clarisonic over a year ago at my dermatologist's office and have since been loving it. I use it every night after taking off my makeup with my cetaphil clothes. I use the clarisonic with my st. ives cleanser and my acne has disappeared significantly. The products is great for cleaning out your pores after having makeup on all day. If you suffer from clogged pores like I do then I definitely recommend this product. My only advice is to be gentle and use the clarisonic once a day or less if possible.

I love the clean feel after each wash
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I can't live w/o my clarisonic. I use it daily because I have oily skin. I use a papaya soap so it doesn't over dry my skin. My only gripe is that the OEM brushes are $27 per pop and I replace mine every 2 months so it's quite pricey. I recently found that Likas papaya soap (at $7) is really inexpensive and effective and found the Procizion brush heads at under $15 for a twin pack on Amazon. Overall no complaints and really works!

Great for certain kinds of acne but KEEP IT CLEAN
Reviewed on April 5, 2014

I splurged on a Clarisonic brush a while ago and am happy I did. I suffer from comedone acne at all times, and it can certainly flare up when I'm ovulating or premenstrual, when I'm stressed out, or when my skincare lapses. My comedone acne has also had an impact on the smoothness and softness of my skin more generally, even if I can keep it under control.

Because the Clarisonic brush consistently exfoliates, it had a dramatic effect on the texture of my skin, making it smoother and softer to the touch and to the eye. It has definitely had an impact on my confidence, and made my acne more manageable.

However, it's a dangerous little thing for a few reasons:

1) Choose your brush wisely:

I was using the blue pore brush and switched to the new green acne brush. I e-mailed Clarisonic to try to find out the difference between the two: both have dense bristles, but the acne brush bristles are longer, thus making it an ultimately gentler brush. This is good for my needs. Just play around a bit.

2) Don't press it into your face:

We probably shouldn't exfoliate daily, so if you are, don't go overboard and do it too rigorously.

3) Clean it whenever, all the time, and thoroughly:

The Clarisonic brush has many things that can trap all sorts of bacteria and they need to be cleaned. I do this whenever I'm re-charging the brush, so every week or week and a half. I let the brush itself sit face down in rubbing alcohol while the handle is recharging. I also disengage the white plastic thing below where the brush was and clean that and the base of the brush with soap and water and dry it completely before putting the brush back in. I've found that if I don't do this, the Clarisonic brush itself will break me out!

Great brush for problem skin, but I would try cheaper alternatives first
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

I have the Clarisonic Mia and I really like it. I think it's particularly good with removing makeup. My skin is so acne- prone that if I have one night of not very, very thoroughly removing my makeup I wake up with breakouts. In that sense, I do think that this is a superior cleanser. However, I've recommended the Neutrogena Wave as a first defense especially for people without problematic skin. I don't think the Clarisonic is far, far superior.

Week One
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I've never contributed to any online forums before, but recently bought the Mia2 system for acne and thought it was worth a shout out. I'm only a week in, and that initial purge stage has definitely started, but despite this I've already received the first compliment on my skin EVER. A friend said that I looked fresh and absolutely glowing, and asked what I was using on my face!

A little background: I've had moderate to severe acne my whole life, and have tried just about everything under the sun. I recently started to make major changes to my diet (as an already active and healthy person), realizing that the band aid solutions available through prescriptions and over the counter medications that we pile on our skin day in and day out are probably made to keep us buying these products. I had a bit of a wake up call when my fiance pointed out that the products I was putting on my skin would literally bleach bedding and clothes, asking why would I put that on my face! Touché.

I've since stopped using any acne related products - not even spot treatments - to see what would happen. As a person who could stand in front of a mirror obsessing over my face for hours, and has probably spent thousands on acne products, this was huge. Before I wouldn't even stay over night somewhere without these products. To my surprise, nothing changed. No changes in breakout severity or consistency. I do still use a moisturizer (Impruv) which is designed for dry, sensitive skin. Stay away from those big name brands, they really don't help. Combined with my new diet, my skin actually started improving for the better with less cystic acne. I bought the Mia2 system to address all those little bumps under my skin and get rid of acne once and for all. The breakouts from this purging phase go away within a day, and are less irritated and easily covered by makeup. My skin is refreshed and glowing with use twice daily, rotating from the device's cleanser and Cerave hydrating cleanser. I'm looking forward to seeing the results in a few months!

Definitely buy this, but consider a lifestyle/diet change along with it. If you're willing to invest in products, you should start from the inside out. The device will get rid of previous issues, but it can't digest that pizza you ate last night for you.

by kdeger on 02/17/2014 00:55
Which brush head do you use with the Clarisonic device on your face: Deep pore, Sensitive, Normal, Acne, or Delicate? Thanks!! Just got it and I'm super excited!
by briannebeauty on 08/07/2014 22:42
thank you so much! I was a bit worried because of the price and after reading some reviews I was quite worried.. but this reassured me to atleast give it a shot. thank you! :)
Quit waiting, BUY THIS! The price is worth it!
Reviewed on December 9, 2013

Let me tell you, I waited over two years before finally coughing up the money for this thing, and I am so mad at myself for waiting. I finished an 8 month course of accuntane in 2011. While my acne has NEVER come back in the severity it was before the accutane, I would get a couple of pimples a month, I had scarring from previous breakouts, and what really bothered me was that my cheeks felt like sandpaper. I had little tiny bumps along my jaw line. When I took pictures my face always looked grainy. I would get microdermabrasions when I could but at $100 a pop, I could only afford them a few times a year. For over two years I would see and read about the Clarisonic but it was really expensive and I didnt want to spend money if it wasnt going to work. I have used it now for three weeks and my face already looks and feels so much better. My jaw lines is almost completely bump free. My skin looks brighter and fresher, Like I just got a facial!I have been using it at night with Cetaphil cleanser. I take off all my makeup with a makeup wipe, then use the Clarisonic. Why did I wait SO long???? AMAZING product! The reason for the four stars is Ive only been using it for three weeks.

Makeup removal and Brighter complexion
Reviewed on September 3, 2013

Although I chemically exfoliate (2% Salicylic Acid) and use Tazorac (a retinoid that increases cell turnover), my clarisonic mia is the "cherry on top". It helps actually lift away any remaining dead skin and most importantly has been the only effective way of removing makeup for me. Makeup removing wipes, cleanser alone, oil, Jane Iredale's Magic Mitt--I've tried it all and nothing truly does it for me. The thing is that I have some scarring/ dark marks from acne, and it really affects my confidence. A little bit of foundation on my cheeks is just so empowering. And the Clarisonic lets me do that without breaking out!

My skin has been brighter and my products absorb better as well! It gets rid of the dry, flaky, dead skin reduces the efficacy of my tazorac.

I only use it once a day, at night, and I think any more than that would be too much for my skin.

4 month Update: I still use it only once a day (at night). The clarisonic has literally changed my skin in the last four months. (I started using it in late July). My pigmentation has faded, my skin is softer and brighter, my moisturizer and my medication work so much better. I haven't had any serious breakouts in a while. In fact, it's been a few weeks since my last pimple! I use the acne brush head and I put olay sensitive foaming face wash on my face and on the brush. I move it in circular motions gently over my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead.

Sensitive Brush Head Damaged Skin
Reviewed on November 2, 2013

I had cystic moderate acne with some scaring around the cheeks and I bought the clairsonic mia because I wear makeup everyday and I thought that it will help clear up my skin and get rid of the hyperpigmentation my exfoliating my skin. I used the sensitive (white color) brush head that came with the mia. I used the sensitive brush head for about 3 months. It ripped my skin! I had red marks from the abrasiveness of the product. Still hoping for a miracle I decided to switch to the delicate brush head (light blue color) and it was way more softer on my skin and I didn't scar more from it.

I wouldn't suggest using this if you have active break outs because the sensitive brush head just ripped my skin and created lots of dark hyperpigmentation and scars. Before using the clarisonic I only had hyperpigmentation, after using it I have boxcar scars! I was in denial about its effectiveness and it ruined my skin.

If you have cystic acne don't believe the hype of miracle products and don't waste your money! GO TO THE DERMATOLOGIST! I wish I went sooner so I could save my skin from deep scars. I am now on medications my dermatologist prescribed for me and I have not had a break out in 3 months! But I am still left with hyperpigmentation and scars (which need laser treatments). My dermatologist also recommends I don't use the clarisonic because it might irritate my skin more.

Now I am looking into products with fewer ingredients, fragrance free, and oils such as jojoba. It's an inexpensive, gentle, and effective way to take care of your skin!

Fresh Skin
Reviewed on August 26, 2013

I bought this for my birthday hoping it would help me maintain clear skin, as it is supposed to draw out impurities and shrink pores. It works very well to exfoliate and control my oily skin- it even reduced my pore size and blackheads. I noticed my skin start to glow and feel smoother.

Though the problem I have with the Clari is that most people experience purging for a month when used on a regular basis. I have used the Clari regularly for five months and the purging hasn't stopped yet. I get a LOT of white and black heads now, but, because I exfoliate so much, they are usually gone within a day or two.

I recommend this to my friends who have severe acne because, even though there are more pimples, the skin overall looks and feels healthier. It does a wonderful job of removing makeup too, which prevents pores from being clogged.

Love Clarisonic - Highly recommended investment
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

The Clarisonic is a little pricey but its worth it! Using the Clarisonic gives a gentle exfoliation without any harsh chemicals. You can use the Clarisonic device anywhere on the face or both. Your skin will be GLOWING and baby soft after first use! Mine holds a charge for several days (I use mine everyday in the shower, I find it easy to help remove makeup in the evenings) TIP: If you use your Clarisonic to remove makeup and the brush gets dirty. Put a little bit of Ivory bar or liquid soap on it. The brush will be white, brand new again! Ivory soap is a super cheap way to clean your Clarisonic brush heads.

While its not necessary to use the Clarisonic every day. I find its a luxurious way to pamper my face every night before bed. The clarisonic helps the products you put on your skin absorb better, therefore I use my serums right after the Clarisonic. My skin is fresh, clean, glowing & clear.

Do yourself a favor. Stop wasting your $ on cheap product you will just toss after a few uses with no results. Invest in the Clarisonic. We sell it in our store, we its the best!