Clarisonic Cleansing Brush reviews

3.9/5 - 109 reviews

Brand: Clarisonic

Clarisonic Cleansing Brush

I'm in love with this product
Reviewed on January 3, 2016

For a while I've been meaning to write a review for the Clarisonic. About two years ago my sister got the Mia 2 for her birthday, she has horrible issues with acne. It seemed to be working for her and I really wanted to try it out. So she let me borrow it; I bought my own Clarisonic brush, the "delicate skin one" becuase my skin is very thin and pale and I was worried it might leave reddness on my face. I loved it! I was using it more than she was. I will say, I wasn't really using the second speed on the brush, I didn't really see a reason for it, and it was too vicous for my skin. Eventually, my mom got on board with the whole idea, and was able to find a Claisonic on sale. She got one for me and one for her, the Mia 1 just the one speed model. I'm loving it, and I've found the gentler speed on the original allows me to use different brush heads, the Mia 2 was just too powerful for me I guess. This may not be what one might call a "miracle product" becuase you won't see changes overnight, but over a two week period, I've noticed less blackheads and keratin deposits on my nose. My skin has also become a lot softer and even. Yes, this product is pretty pricey but if your a money saving guru like my mom you might be able to find it for a reasonable price. She got ours on black friday for $50 dollars a piece at an outlet mall. Which is an insanely good deal! I think when she got my sister's it was only $85. If you're on a budget look out for those price drops, cause you can get lucky. All in all, I highly suggest this product, it's worked well for me and my family, it may be pricey but, it's worth it.

Not a miracle, but makes your sling bright and smooth
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

I really like my Mia 2 clarisonic. I haven't really noticed a difference with my cystic acne but it totally gets rid of my blackheads and leaves my skin flake free! I think it's worth it!

by ryuukicho on 12/10/2015 03:08
I have the same problem. My tip you can try is to put honey over your cystic acne. It works very well for me, I hope it works for you. oh and drink lots of water :)
Alright
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I have been using this product for about one and a half years now and i have seen no improvement for my acne. However, it helps clear the skin although i recommend using a cleanser with this product so that you do not dry out your face. If you dry out your face your brain thinks it needs to produce more oil so use a moisturizer about once every day even if you have really oily skin. I use Cerave AM but that is kind of expensive but i'm sure other moisturizers would work with this product. Hope this helps:)

Horrible
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

The clarisonic made my acne 10x worse and actually tore my skin. I only used it once a day and I even used the softest brush head they offer. I stopped use and bought the Clinique sonic brush and my skin has never looked better and I have NO breakout. It is gentle enough to use twice a day from the start. I would recommend the Clinique sonic brush over the clarisonic any day especially if you struggle with breakouts like myself. Bye bye acne!!!

Excellent investment for your skin!
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

I purchased my Clarisonic Plus back in June 2010. Almost 5 years later, it's still going strong, and I can't imagine not having it in my skin care regimen! I purchased the Plus because it also comes with a body brush (which I hardly use, but I figured it's good to have in case I'd want to use it sometimes). There are different brush heads for the face. I've found that Normal is too harsh, but Sensitive is good. I've also used Deep Pore and Acne, and they both work fine. Granted, for the past few years, I've stopped buying the Clarisonic brand heads and purchased generic ones from eBay for a rather low price, but they have done the job for me.

I have used the Clarisonic with various cleansers. It's best to use it with something that is not too strong. Currently, I have been using it with Simple gel cleanser. It takes 60 seconds total to use all over the face: 20 seconds each on the forehead and nose/chin area, and 10 seconds on each cheek. There are three settings: low, medium, and high. I prefer the medium setting for everyday use, since I wear face makeup daily. Sometimes I'll skip using the Clarisonic for a day or two if I haven't worn any makeup, but in that time, I find that my skin feels much less smooth, and I see a lot more sebaceous filaments on my nose.

I would definitely recommending NOT storing this in the shower. I used to, and one day I changed the brush head and found that there was an abundance of black mold underneath! It was quite a process cleaning it out. I tried using different tools (cotton swab, old mascara spoolie) and cleaners (rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide) to get rid of the mold, but I finally got it clean inside. Now I always store my Clarisonic outside of my shower, wipe both the brush head and the cap clean after each use, and remove the brush head while the device is not in use.

I'm really not sure if the Clarisonic has really helped with my acne as far as existing pimples, but the gentle daily exfoliation I'm sure is a great factor in preventing it. Also, if you get the Plus, like I said, it comes with a body brush in addition to the face brush. In fact, I just checked the website right now and apparently they now sell two attachments for the feet as well, making the Clarisonic Plus an even better deal!

Miracle tool! Acne Struggler for 16 years.
Reviewed on May 13, 2015

I've had acne since I was 10 years old and now I am 26. It made me very self conscious and embarrassed all throughout school. I've tried everything from topical creams prescribed by dermatologists, proactive (for a few years), proactive knock-offs and Murad but nothing kept the acne away. It was a constant and exhausting battle. I have oily skin and ,by genetics, large pores. So the combo of the two was just a recipe for disaster. The type of acne I had were mainly white heads and sometimes cystic acne. Last Christmas I was walking in the makeup section of the department store and saw the Clarisonic Mia on display, I decided to buy it and try it out. I was on my 2nd month of birth control (ortho tricyclen lo) at the time and my acne was very bad. Like, I counted 15 pimples occupying my chin and jawline all at once. Yes, I know the BC can purge your skin and make it terribly worse before it gets better, but I do believe the combination of BC and the Clarisonic has improved my skin dramatically. I did not, however, go through a purge stage with my clarisonic. I used it once a day before bed and my breakouts did not worsen when I used it. After the 1st week I noticed a big difference. A lot of my cystic acne had diminished. By the end of the 2nd month my skin was completely clear. Aside from the one or two I get during my time of the month I never broke out like I used to. For the first time in 16 years I had clear skin. It was well worth the money and I can see myself using it for the rest of my life.

Note: I always remove makeup first with a wipe and then use a cleanser with my clarisonic and then follow up with toner and lotion with benzoyl peroxide. I am currently using the Clinique Acne Solution set.

GREAT investment
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

I literally swear by my clairsonic Mia 2, it's a great investment. I honestly hated it at first because I noticed more break outs on my face and my skin looked down right angry.. I already had the clairsonic in its original packaging with my receipt in hand but after talking to my friend she said the same thing happened to her but after about a month her face started to clear (it really did). I think it breaks some people out at first because it's bringing all the gunk up to the surface. After using my clairsonic x2 daily for two months my skin is noticeably clear and I have clairsonic to thank for that!

* note * I'm currently using Neutrogena face wipes to take off my makeup, then I'm using my damitri James Skinn A.M cleanser with my clairsonic x2 daily. I also use the damitri James exfoliater 2x a week and his watermelon hydrating mask 1x a week and his moisturizer daily.

by conats on 07/15/2015 20:11
How bad was your skin to begin with?
Excellent brush!! Great results!
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I have been debating about getting a Clarisonic for over two years. After 6 years on Spiro, I finally decided I was ready to go off it and see what happened. My face was completely clear and my back was semi-clear. I use the acne brush with my Mia 3 Clarisonic twice a day on the medium setting for one minute. I have learned over the years that my skin is VERY tough and needs lots of exfoliation.

For the last three months, my skin has remained clear. I use Dermalogica Medibac Cleansing gel with the Clarisonic and then a mandelic acid toner afterwards. The other amazing product I have found is a 10% mandelic acid serum from make-up artists choice that has kept my skin completely clear. I use it every day instead of benzoyl peroxide now. It is a miracle. I was signed up and registered to begin Accutane prior to giving this regimen a try. I have had moderate acne for 25 years and I'm finally clear! If you can afford it, give this brush a try. Also give the Mandelic Acid a try. It is truly amazing!!!

by jodiz on 05/04/2015 01:22
Where can I get the Mandelic Acid ?
I need advice/help!
Reviewed on January 24, 2015

well ive always wanted the Clarisonic and i finally got it for christmas. A little back story is i used to acne but it went away. I switched to the dermalogica breakout clearing cleanser in semptember and my acne still stayed away. Some pimples here in there but nothing major. So when i got the Clarisonic for about a week it was the same but im now recently seeing a lot more acne back on my chin. I have no idea if its just me or is the Clarisonic is irritating my skin? Any advice or help?

by applepie93 on 01/30/2015 02:23
Hi! I bought the Clarisonic back in September 2014, and since I have been using it, I have gotten deep painful cyst acne. I had the occasional one or two pimples before, but NEVER these huge monsters on my face! After thinking about it, I think the brush is actually damaging my skin by spreading the liquid that is released after a pimple bursts to other parts of my face, this in turn causes more pimples and irritation. I understand that everyone has different skin, but I would recommend to not use this product and maybe try something else. I have been mixing turmeric with basin (gram flour) and it acts as a wonderful exfoliate!! I wish you the best!
Not worth the money
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

I've had a clarisonic Mia for 2 years. I liked it and it worked fine for the first year, mind you I didnt use it everyday. I put it in the linen closet for about 8 months b/c we had been doing renovations on the bathrooms and I didn't want it to get dirty or messed up. When I got it back out to use it. I charged it and It was was making weird noises. I went to use it and it wouldn't stay on and it never ended up working. So, called clarisonic only to not have it be under warranty. And I pretty much have to bye a new one. They can do nothing. So for the money you spend and it doesn't even last that long. I will NEVER buy one or recommend one again. I'll go buy a $20 one off amazon:)). Then if it only last a year... No big deal.