Page 4 of Chemical Peels (general) reviews

3.2/5 - 165 reviews

Reviewed on November 14, 2009

My surgeon did microdermabrasion first and then a 60% glycolic peel........Go for a glycolic 75%/TCA 35%....Dont go above that....This is a safe limit...

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

Went in for a light TCA peel in hopes of reducing pore size and removing dark spots/preg. mask. I was told down time would be about 5 to 7 days. About day 5 my entire face broke out in acne(had never had acne) there were at least 200 spots on my face. Unsure of what was happening, called dr. office. They said I must be allergic to the antibiotic ointment and discontinue use. Another week passes and it is not anybetter, go to my dermatologist. Prescribed medication to dry up the spots. It is about 1 month later and I'm still not 100%. I don't think my skin will ever be the same. It is very red, sensitive, and still breaking out.

Reviewed on October 24, 2009

I had a Chemical peel (TCA/30%) last year. After four to five days of downtime, my skin did look younger and healthier. Acne, acne scars, and fine lines were reduced. However, my results were temporary. I believe this is because skin is swollen and plump after a chemical peel which visible reduces some skin imperfections. After some time, my skin returned to its original state. Would recommend this treatment if you can deal with the down time and want to temporary improve your skin for an upcoming event (party, event, etc.)

Reviewed on October 22, 2009

skin wil look very nice for 3-4 days aftr treatment,but after sumdays it wil becum d same lyk before.its beter 2use any cream rather than doing such treatments,even laser treatment isnt effective.d best treatment is to use any ayurvedic cream,Dr's jst know hw 2 mint money,they dnt care whther ur skin is sensitive,hard,soft,etc,they wil jst run their machines n treatment on ur face lyk a butcher does 2 slaughter goats.trust me,its beter using any cream for scars rather than takin apointments n visiting Dr's n wasting money

Reviewed on September 8, 2009

I have had alot cheaper vitalize peels for 150.00 and it seemed to work alot better for the money!

Reviewed on August 22, 2009

can't say if its gonna work yet but the doc said 90% success in clearing up acne after a few times so i really hope it does work :) he showed me a lot of before and after photos of his patients and it sold me.. so I paid $700 for 8 laser and chemical peel treatments.

Reviewed on August 16, 2009

You should get it, although.. now I've started smoking, and i have to eye drops every two hours, but other than that, my skin is my primary priority and now that, that is done i can relax :)

Reviewed on August 15, 2009

I have had really bad acne scarring since the beginning of January after having really bad severe acne last year. The texture of my skin was not smooth, there were craters EVERYWHERE and it looked like i had really bad stretch marks on my face. so I ended up doing chemical peels since January. It's now August, and after having the peels performed on me once a month since January (just finished my 8th peel), my skin texture is sooooooo different! MY GOD! It's so smooth now, and MUCH LESS craters. I've noticed after each peel, I saw a 5%-20% improvement. Doesn't sound like much, but think about it, I've been using using it for the 8th month now, so my skin texture is WOW. the craters are more plumped up so it's more even with my normal skin, and a lot of the discolorations from the acne scars are almost gone. If you have never gotten it done before, I would suggest going to your dermatologist's office to see if it's right for you.

Reviewed on August 3, 2009

I have had one vitalize peel

and three PCA peels (different then TCA.)

I am always happy with my results at first,

but they don't seem to last long. I have had

some of my red spots fade, but some just

regain color. I am told that after six your skin

is normally great, and I have almost had six

so Im wondering just how effect these peels

are in the long run. I think it is still worth

it though, because it does help with acne.