Overall rating: 3.2 / 5

Recommended by 69% of visitors

Average price: $244.19

Most helpful review

By Zilla, Arizona on 08/11/2012

I have been reading the reviews for chemical peels, and I see how much people are willing to pay, and people with light scarring usually aren't aware that you can do a light weekly peel for around $10 a bottle for at home use. I use a 20% SA peel that I got on amazon, and it is reccomended that you use it once a week MAXIMUM. For heavier SA peels (like 30%) you need to wait ten days in between, so on and so on. I canot speak for glycolic acid, or other acids for that matter, but SA has helped my scarring while also helping obliterate my acne (I( have a fair amount of scarring because I was a chronic picker). Do some research online, and you will find that many people are saving money by doing light peels at home. I DO NOT reccomend doing anything higher that 30% at home, and remember: SUNSCREEN, SUNCREEN, AND MOISTURE! If you dont keep your skin moisturized, it will take longer to recover and your skin may crack..

Pros:
  • This product has really helped. I can already see a difference after three weeks.
Cons:
  • Burning, small amount of peeling with what I use.

41 out of 60 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

can't say if its gonna work yet but the doc said 90% success in clearing up acne after a few times so i really hope it does work :) he showed me a lot of before and after photos of his patients and it sold me.. so I paid $700 for 8 laser and chemical peel treatments.

Pros

• i had it done today so i hope it works!

Cons

• burns when they put the peel on and for like an hour after..but then it starts to look and feel better.. try not to irritate or scrub your skin too much before your chemical peel cuz it burns more on the sensitive spots.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 700
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You should get it, although.. now I've started smoking, and i have to eye drops every two hours, but other than that, my skin is my primary priority and now that, that is done i can relax :)

Pros

• I have giant zits, and milia, the pimples occasionally found beneath the skin. The place i went to to get this done, was amazing. My skin looks like a baby's ass. Smooth and FLAWLESS.

Cons

• You eyeball becomes really dry, and you get sever headaches, and then you crave cigarettes.
  • severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 69.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had really bad acne scarring since the beginning of January after having really bad severe acne last year. The texture of my skin was not smooth, there were craters EVERYWHERE and it looked like i had really bad stretch marks on my face. so I ended up doing chemical peels since January. It's now August, and after having the peels performed on me once a month since January (just finished my 8th peel), my skin texture is sooooooo different! MY GOD! It's so smooth now, and MUCH LESS craters. I've noticed after each peel, I saw a 5%-20% improvement. Doesn't sound like much, but think about it, I've been using using it for the 8th month now, so my skin texture is WOW. the craters are more plumped up so it's more even with my normal skin, and a lot of the discolorations from the acne scars are almost gone. If you have never gotten it done before, I would suggest going to your dermatologist's office to see if it's right for you.

Pros

• some downtown, it really depends on how fast your skin recovers, for me, it takes about 3-5 days

Cons

• burns like hell when the chemical peel is applied, but it's worth it in the end... and STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had one vitalize peel

and three PCA peels (different then TCA.)

I am always happy with my results at first,

but they don't seem to last long. I have had

some of my red spots fade, but some just

regain color. I am told that after six your skin

is normally great, and I have almost had six

so Im wondering just how effect these peels

are in the long run. I think it is still worth

it though, because it does help with acne.

Pros

• gets rid of all existing acne fast,
  • lightens red spots at first.

Cons

• causes tons of blackheads (I use to never have many
  • blackheads and now I have a ton!)
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 250
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have combinational/normal skin. I only did one peel, but it probably improvied my skin 50%. I am going for 2 more peels. It stings when they do it, but its no big deal I have been putting a lot more antibacterial things on my face. What i liked about this peel is that my pimples size and quantity had reduced, but my pores are still getting glogged and u can see them in the mirror, just sitting there on my forehead full of dirt, when I try to pick em out, its only good for couple days and they clog again :( need better toner or something.

If you have extra cash, go do it, but if dont - try just using gentle cleansers based on water and oil free moisturizer, that helps a lot to not break out!!!

Pros

• less pimples, skin tone better

Cons

• still have rednesss, more little bumps on cheeks colourless, worsen my texture, pricy
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 126
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Just get a low acid peel, dont waste ur $

Pros

• None yet

Cons

• Burned face, face is red and sore, I look like I have 2nd degree burns
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 315
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Last summer my skin was very clear and rarely had acne but when i went back to school i broke out drastically around my mouth and cheeks and left scars. After getting a peel, I don't remember which kind, not all the scars were gone but there was a definite change in the appearance of the scars and some were completely gone. I only had a mild peel but I'm getting another one within the next couple weeks stronger than before. I am hopeful that it will get rid of the rest of my scars. overall i would definitely recommend this for people who have mild-moderate existing acne and scars. and at first i freaked out because of the redness and peeling but trust me give it a week and you will be happy. and DO NOT PICK!

Pros

• Diminishes acne, lightens scars, evens out skin tone

Cons

• peeling for a few days and trying not to pick at it
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 100
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You must follow the directions for after care. Apply plenty of moisture. Do it when you don't have plans to go out in the sun. Do it when you don't have an outing planned. You need about 4-6 days of major peeling with the one I get. (Vitalize Peel)

Pros

• Stops break outs, Improves overall skin tone and redness, helps scarring,

Cons

• Finding a pro. Peeling sucks but is so worth it
  • You must find someone who knows what they are doing. I have been getting my treatments at Clarity Med Spa in Tampa/ Lutz Florida and the aesthetician there is the best in the world in my opinion.
  • moderate
  • $ 125
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have done a series of peels through my dermatologist and they have really helped improve the tone and texture of my skin. I am 34 and am prone to cystic acne (still) and this, combined with Smoothbeam treatments, is the only thing that has helped. I would have "pocked" skin if not for these treatments.

Pros

• Smoother skin, reduction in pore size, lightened scarring, cleared existing acne

Cons

• Burns for a bit afterwards, peeling 2-3 days
  • moderately severe
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

im very insecure about my skin, because its oily and i get break outs from time to time. so, I went to a local medical estetics place and they prescribed me a new skin care line (cleanser, moisterizer and retnol pads). ive been using it for about 3 weeks now, and my skin is the worst ive ever seen it. pimples everywhere, and my skin is red, and it hurts. Ive had two chemical peels so far and i havent noticed a significant change. i think its a waste of time and money.

Pros

• skin feels softer the day you get one done

Cons

• didnt improve the overall appearance of my skin
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 360
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.