Page 2 of Chemical Peels reviews

3.2/5 - 160 reviews

Reviewed on May 13, 2011

I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember. It was mostly on my jawline area and a few on my forehead and chin. I even had some cystic acne and it was very red and noticeable. I did some research and found out jawline acne is caused by unbalanced hormones, especially common in woman in their twenties and thirties who are still suffering from acne. Some of the recommendation were to cut out foods containing hormones, especially dairy. Dairy and meat are REALLY bad for acne prone skin because of all the hormones in the animal meat and in the milk. So I went pescatarian and dont eat nearly as much dairy as before. (Cocunut Ice Cream is SOOO good) Anyways I have also had 2 chemical peels so far. They dried up my acne and reduced redness so much already and my esthetician recommend six for maximum benifits. I cant wait for the full results. I have tried everything and finally Iam beginning to see results and people are also commenting on my skin and how clear it is. So bottom line try to reduce or elimanate meat and dairy, drink lots of water and try the chemical peels It worked for me and is worth a try for anyone suffering with acne.

Reviewed on May 4, 2011

Since I HATE my acne i got an esthatician, and she reccommended i should get a chemical peel for my acne and scars. i was super excited, and it wasn't cheap for my mom, so i thought it HAD to work. I've never been more dissapointed or ripped off. this was a total scam. it didnt do ANYTHING for me, except give me unbareably dry skin (which was completley embarresting to goto school like that..)

i literally cried the day after the peel. i guess i just had my hopes up too high...

i'm just a teenager!

Reviewed on October 16, 2010

I am a 43 yo black woman with lots of dark post breakout scars from cystic acne that I had since age 12. It decreased to moderate-severe only after 2 rounds of Accutane. For years I thought I was doomed to chronic acne. My self-esteem was the pits. I have tried many chemical peels, IPL, facials and OTC products, even luxury lines. I have been getting the V.I. Peel (not Vitalize) for almost a year. I have tried lots of chemical peels and OTC products. This is phenomenal! The sting/itch is bearable while being applied and fades very quickly. My esthetician pays special attention to my bad dark spots. After my 3rd peel a woman I know very slightly made a point to ask me what kind of skin care I was using. The results were that impressive.

I would urge you to follow the instructions to the letter. Dr. Maguire has me to use prednisone cream with the moisturizing lotion for the first week to reduce inflammation and risk of addtional dark marks. I use the post peel pads and moisturizing lotion and let ABSOLUTELY no sun touch my face. without having on sunscreen. I also wear a hat.

One note, don't sweat (work out/sauna etc) or else the peeling skin will bubble up early and really look weird, but it does not affect the peel. It does go away after a few hours.

I go to Physician's Center for Beauty and my esthetician is Paula and she is terrific. The rest of the staff is very nice and professional. Dr. Maguire really takes his time to explain what you need to have done for your acne or other skin concerns and makes you feel very comfortable. Not at all like some doctors I have been to who made me feel like a whiner for being freaked out about my horrible cystic acne. They have never tried to sell me extra products that I do not need.

I will never be without this medical staff. Even if the V.I. Peel does not work forever (nothing works forever!), I trust this staff to take good care of me and my skin problems

A little

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

This works people need to really read up on it. Find a person who knows what they are doing, a person who cares about your skin. It maybe be spendy but you are taking care of your face, which is well worth it. 3 peels make a huge difference for acne or sun damage and even wrinkles.

Reviewed on October 8, 2010

i jst got my 1st glycolic acid 50% peel done today.

I have a really good dermatologist and she recommended 4 sessions for me, she also said that for anyone, even with clear skin) there r no appreciated/noticable results after juz one peel.

I trust her compltely as with the treatment she gave me really helped me control my acne.

I was on oral and topical antibiotics, then on tretinoin cream(which is really gud for comedones) i love it and il use it fr a long time now.

Now i have very few breakouts but still have minor milia.

Chemical peels really help control the acne, i knw that for a fact, but they r not long term effective.

But u can have them once in every mnth or 2, watever suits u.after ur 4 sessions are complete)

Glycolic acid peels are very safe. Herez what my session was like-

She cleansed my face, then applied the chemical on my face with a brush.

generally it is left for 5-6 mins or more. But my skin is very sensitive and very fair so it was getting very red so she removed it after 4 mins with cold water suppression with a cloth.

There is a little itching sensation while the peel is on ur face. And it has to go away compltly once its washed. If the sensation is still there ....keep giving cold water suppresion or applying sme soothing creams.

Afrer 10 mins my redness was gone and so was the itch.

Then i went back home. So u c there is no downtime at all.

There shud b a min gap of 2 weeks btw evey session. If u ask abt ne differences in the skinThere is not any for now, but i can feel it while washing my face, the skin IS VERY SOFT.

Also, the peel is actually at the micro level so its not visible to the naked eye, but if smeone has a dr skin there mite be sme flaking. since i have an oily skin, there is no flaking.

Also, its highly imp to use a gud sunscreen after and before ur peel always. even in normal daylight and nt the sunlight coz the new cells forming on the skin of the face reacts to the UV

Reviewed on September 10, 2010

i had VI peel yesterday, my skin looks good, a little bit dry and red, but not bad! (vi peel was mild). I used Obagi for 4 month and tretinoin made my skin break out a lot, but 5 days before peel I stopped using it and after vi peel my skin is much better. I'm not peeling yet. I'll post my next review next week

Reviewed on July 27, 2010

Denise, if you have pimples all over your face from the laser three mo. ago why have you already had 4 peels since then? You should always wait after you have a procedure done to give your face time to settle down. Also, peels are not suppose to be done more than 1-2 times per mo. so I do not see how you've had 4 if you would have needed to give your face at least two months to calm down. If it was me, I would have given my face a good six mo. before trying anything else. Most things with the skin will clear up on their own.

Reviewed on July 7, 2010

I had a salicylic acid peel and lactic acid peel done about a week ago, and I love the results. I had horrible scarring and hyperpigmentation from hormonal acne. Now, my skin looks so much better, and I feel very confident going out in public now. Be sure to apply plenty of moisture to your face, and use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil. You can still see some slight imperfections on my skin, but its nowhere near as noticeable. I'm going to get 2 or 3 more peels done to maximize the results.

Reviewed on July 2, 2010

I am a 50 year old African American woman who has suffered. 8 years ago took Accutane so I don't currently have acne but acne scars remained. The first thing I noticed 4 days after the first peel was that I did not need to wear as much foundation makeup - in fact there are days when I go with out any foundation. The acne scars have faded by 50%, my skin is clearer and it feels very smooth. It was pretty costly (6 treatments for $1080) but this is the best investment I have made on myself.

Reviewed on April 16, 2010

I had a chemical peel (TCA 30%) about two years ago. The results were good/fair. There was about 4-5 days of downtime (e.g., redness, excessive peeling...) which was difficult to deal with (I hate staying indoors!!). My acne did clear up and my skin appeared tighter and healthier. I would like to emphasize the importance of wearing sunscreen daily especially after a chemical which i did comply with after my treatment. After a couple of months my skin appeared to return to the way it looked prior to treatment. Recently, I wanted to touch up some fine lines and wrinkles. So I ordered the product (TCA 30%) and got started when i had some time off from work. For some reason this time, may skin changed color in some of the areas i treated. I am lucky i did not do a full face peel. It is not a severe discoloration but it is still apparent to me (pink/red color). Makeup does a bad job of concealing it. It has been two months and I still notice the discoloration. This is disappointing. If i had to do it over again I would definitely go with a lower concentration of tca.