Chemical Peels reviews

3.2/5 - 161 reviews

Great for ice-pick, bad for active acne ...
Reviewed on October 9, 2014

I've bought bravula londoners 30% glycolic acid peel + neutralizer...

After 4 uses, once per week as on the instruction.. (please use SPF 30 or greater EVERY DAY and don't use exfoliants, retionoids or BP while doing peels) I've notice huge impovement for hyperpigmentation and moderate improvement for icepick/boxcar scars.

I highly recomande this for those who overcame acne..

But not for those (like myself) who are STILL FIGHTING ACNE, because the peels sensitize the skin and you cannot use it for long period of time.. And dry and irritated skin heals slower AND GETS SCARS..

So, if you are acne-free, Go for IT!

Pricey
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I've gone to a few places to have chemical peels done but I have not gone enough times to see any results. I personally think they are way too expensive especially at doctor's offices so I prefer to let my scarring go away on its own.

Improvement of Acne Scarring!
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I used to have very sever cystic acne which left me with a lot of red, pitted acne scarring. My dermatologist recommended I try chemical peeling to reduce the appearance.

I just completed my sixth peel today at the highest (70%) concentration. It's made a notable difference in my scarring - the texture hasn't improved so much, but the redness has definitely reduced. For those who have very sensitive skin, make sure you start at a very low concentration, I know my first peel was on 20%. It is a little uncomfortable, you can expect a tingly, prickly sensation, but it shouldn't feel like it's burning, that means it's been on for too long or the concentration is too high for you. Also, it is fairly expensive. I think home peels are cheaper, you can buy them online. However, having had enough skin issues I didn't want to risk messing up, so I have mine done at a cosmetic clinic and it's about $90/session.

Overall, I definitely recommend! And the main advice I'd give it to make sure you keep your skin well moisturized (especially the day of and few days after your peel) and always wear sunscreen.

FINALLY! I have beautiful skin!!!!!
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I'm a 25 year old female who has always suffered from embarrassing breakouts. I've tried anything and EVERYTHING to clear my acne (washes, scrubs, vitamins, diets, cleanses, ect.) and nothing has ever worked even though I eat healthy and drink nothing but water every day. I purchased a 30% Glycolic Peel from Amazon a while back and had no idea how this would change my life. My skin is flawless! It cleared all of my breakouts and even softened the scars. I recommend that you do NOT do anything over 30% to start with, and pleeeeease do your research before doing one on yourself at home (youtube is very helpful). In my experience, despite the name, my skin has never actually peeled and has just been soft and supple immediately after the peel. It is important to moisturize your skin for several days afterwards and to only perform a peel no more than once a week. Be patient, because it may take time (until the 3rd or 4th peel) to see dramatic results. Acne is a very personal and devastating thing to deal with, so I encourage everyone who suffers as I did for so many years, to give this a try. You have nothing to loose.

by Kellyeb2010 on 04/25/2014 04:11
What peel from amazon did you use?
Very effective if combined with a healthy diet
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

When I first discovered chemical peels I was skeptical, but after doing one about every two weeks for the last three months, I can honestly say they have changed my life. My acne has almost disappeared on my forehead and checks. I now see hope for my scaring; the redness and hyper pigmentation on my face has been greatly reduced and my pitted scars are shrinking.

To get the most out of chemical peels, you have to have very low stress, proper sleep, and a healthy diet.

Chemical peels work to an extent
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

I have the typical hormonal acne that comes with The teenage years. About once every month I go to get a chemical peel to calm my skin down and to get rid of all the filth and dirt on my skin. It does do a fantastic job of cleansing the skin and keeping the acne under control...for the most part. It does not cure me from the acne completely, but I have a gone a few months without getting a peel and my skin looked terrible. It is something that you have to keep up with and can be very expensive.

2 chemical peels 50%
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

help with small scarring, didnt help red marks, and i said i want red marks out.

Indifferent. Expected a lot more.
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

Quick background: 27 female, acne sufferer for 8yrs. Acne has moderately cleared up from stopping birth control, yet I still have awful scarring. I went to an esthetician for a series of chemical peels consisting of 2 lactic acid, and 6 glycolic acid peels. In total I spent over 800 dollars (Including gratuity). For the money I spent I am not satisfied with the results. I have seen an improvement in texture, redness, pore size and overall appearance. However, my scarring (which is what bothers me most) is still quite apparent. It has reduced, but not 800 dollars worth.

I honestly feel that using lemon as an exfoliant and scar reducer on a daily basis would give me the same results.

A few things that helped me:

Cut out dairy and red meat!

Drink more water - seriously it helps!

And for me the source of my acne was hormones so birth control seemed to make it worse.

by Kazuri on 03/26/2014 19:06
Hi MzManda, I am also in my twenties, and got horrible acne when I was on BC. (Which is ironic, since I went on it to try and control my acne - tried about 4 or 5 different ones and they were all awful.) I wondered if you had tried spironolactone? I was pretty wary to try yet another 'hormonal solution,' and I'd much rather go the natural route, but it seems to be working for me so far. If you are still having skin issues, I would give it a try. :) (And I wholeheartedly agree - dairy and red meats can be key factors in exacerbating acne.) Also, I've been using Differin (3%) for a long time now and my derm said that should help speed up the healing of scars and discoloration. Best, R
Reviewed on August 11, 2012

I have been reading the reviews for chemical peels, and I see how much people are willing to pay, and people with light scarring usually aren't aware that you can do a light weekly peel for around $10 a bottle for at home use. I use a 20% SA peel that I got on amazon, and it is reccomended that you use it once a week MAXIMUM. For heavier SA peels (like 30%) you need to wait ten days in between, so on and so on. I canot speak for glycolic acid, or other acids for that matter, but SA has helped my scarring while also helping obliterate my acne (I( have a fair amount of scarring because I was a chronic picker). Do some research online, and you will find that many people are saving money by doing light peels at home. I DO NOT reccomend doing anything higher that 30% at home, and remember: SUNSCREEN, SUNCREEN, AND MOISTURE! If you dont keep your skin moisturized, it will take longer to recover and your skin may crack.

Reviewed on September 29, 2011

I am only 21 and have *hated* the scarring on my back, a result of acne.

Every treatment which I looked in to was expensive and didn't guarantee results for such a large surface area. After undergoing 4 TCA skin peels (and currently doing some further jessner peels) I would recommend it to everyone, no questions asked!! I have absolutely no scarring whatsoever, you would never even know I suffered in the first place! Not no mention i'm not embarrassed anymore.

The treatment wasn't a lovely experience, but overall it was worth it and i would do it all over again!