Chemical Peels (general) reviews

3.2/5 - 168 reviews

Chemical Peels (general)

Non Chemical Peel... Yes it Works!!
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

Acne Scars are terrible. They lower your self esteem, you never want to go into natural light and you are constantly looking for ways to make your skin even the slightest better. Trust me I have been there... in fact i'm still there. Let me give you a little background information when I was 15 I started taking acne pills those worked great... until about four months went by and my face got use to them. To boot I was a picker and if i saw even the smallest red dot I picked. Yes I know im dumb... learned it the hard way. Anyways, I was put on Accutane when I was 17. It works wonders. I get a few and i mean few zits here and there, but other then that I got my acne under control. Now it was time to work on the scars... which in my opinion is worse then the stupid acne, but I started using this product called INDENTED SCAR REMOVAL PEEL by Devoted things ([link removed] ). This is my third week using it and I am truly amazed by what it has accomplished. It has not made my indented scars on my cheeks go away fully, but I do feel that this is an answer and will continue to help if I use it for a longer period of time. No - I am not getting paid to write this. I have been in your shoes and I know what it feels like and i've had these scars for 6-7 years. I'm telling you to give it a shot. I'm sorry I don't have any before and after pics.. the camera doesn't pick up the indents.

If you end up wanting to try this it isn't that expensive just 42.99 (free shipping in the US). Leah, the owner is great to work with and truly cares to make your skin healthier. Plus the product ships super fast. If you don't have indented scars.. she also has other products. If anything check out her site!

not really worth it for cystic/hormonal acne :/
Reviewed on April 24, 2016

I've gotten a chemical peel twice and both times have really done nothing much except for the areas where I didn't have any acne anyway

Basically, if you wanna get rid of scars or huge pores or black/white heads, then yeah, by all means this works.

It did dry up the pimples and cystic acne I had, and it came off, however, after those were peeled off, I saw brand new ones underneath. Like yes, it'll take your current pimples out, but if you consistently get acne, then there would be new ones underneath.

Basically, after both times, my skin still wasn't anything close to being clear. As tempting as it is I do not want to go through a week of that again. Not quite worth it

Great for ice pick scars
Reviewed on March 11, 2016

I had several ice pick scars treated with deep tca peels. It worked. My rolling and box car scars I have yet to treat. The downside about high strength TCA peels is that it took 5 days to heal.

My skin was pink for a few weeks, but by the 4th or 5th week, my scars were definitely shallower. Would recommend this treatment.

great at clearing acne
Reviewed on January 17, 2016

I've been using a 30% salicylic acid peel once a week for about 3 months now. I remember the first time I used it, I thought it was an absolute miracle product! All my acne had practically dried out and was gone the next day, my skin was not oily whats so ever and the overall texture of my skin just looked amazing. These amazing results lasted for a while but soon enough it was like my skin just got used to it. While I still have acne, it definitely isn't as bad as it was which I think is the result of these peels! I probably need to go up to to 35 or 40% to get better results once again but with almost a whole bottle of the 30% left, I want to try and use that up a bit more. I'd definitely recommend anyone suffering from acne to try a salicylic acid peel. Just make sure you follow the directions that come with your peel 100% as you don't want to end up with a chemical burn or something even worse! If you have really sensitive skin also make sure you start of low on a 10 or 15% peel then go up from there gradually as your skin gets used to it.

Don't do a peel if you have freckles!
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

I had a TCA chemical peel 5 years ago to help even out my rolling acne scars on my forehead and cheeks. I have a ton of freckles and was concerned that the procedure would get rid of them. I was informed that it would soften them but that the pigment is still in my skin so they will come back when I'm exposed to the sun. It has been 5 years now and my freckles still aren't fully back. It looks like I have horrible discoloration! The worse part is that the freckles are still visible below my eyes and around my mouth because they didn't do the peel below the first layer of skin. It just looks terrible. So if you have freckles, DO NOT get a TCA chemical peel. It's just not worth it. (The peel helped the rolling acne scars for about 6 months and then was right back to where it was before)

Pretty happy with the results
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

I've and am currently using a Glycolic acid 50% regiment (9 trials so far) and have to say am quite satisfied with the results. Not only has the product helped with my acne scars, but has improved my complexion overall. My acne isn't as prominent as it used to be, which is great.The fan brush and chemical peel only cost me $20.00 on amazon, so its quite cheap. A bottle will last at least 3-4 months. The only downside is the pain; if you have sensitive skin it really hurts. Exposure time is between 3-10 minutes so you're just looking at the clock anticipating applying the water/baking soda mixture to cool your face off. But once you've tried it a couple of times and you're skin adjusts, you'll be fine. Very important that you apply a sunscreen (I use SPF 60) after using the product, your skin is much more sensitive to UV light. Also don't pick or touch your skin.

Results were not immediate.
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

I am 29 and have been battling acne for more than 10 years due to pcos. I came off birth control pills about 2 years ago and needed some alternative treatment as a preventive measure. My concerns now are oily skin, some discolourations and occasional breakouts. The derm suggested alternating between microdermabrasion and light chemical peels every four weeks. I did not see any difference at all till the third chemical peel and this was about four months after I started this programme. The derm also gave me 10% AHA cream and acne gel to apply every night, which also didn't do much for my skin. In fact I thought my skin was looking especially dull during this period. Everybody also told me the same. I am however quite pleased with the results after the recent chemical peel. I am happy I continued going for the treatments but I wonder if it is normal to see results until much later since my peels were light? My skin now is radiant, the discoloration and most of the milia seeds are gone and no blocked pores.

50% lactic acid peel
Reviewed on May 30, 2015

I have just completed 50% lactic acid peel myself at home nothing changed a lot and still my breakouts are on going as usual.after peel can I used benzyl perioxide foam wash to control the breakout

Great for ice-pick, bad for active acne ...
Reviewed on October 9, 2014

I've bought bravula londoners 30% glycolic acid peel + neutralizer...

After 4 uses, once per week as on the instruction.. (please use SPF 30 or greater EVERY DAY and don't use exfoliants, retionoids or BP while doing peels) I've notice huge impovement for hyperpigmentation and moderate improvement for icepick/boxcar scars.

I highly recomande this for those who overcame acne..

But not for those (like myself) who are STILL FIGHTING ACNE, because the peels sensitize the skin and you cannot use it for long period of time.. And dry and irritated skin heals slower AND GETS SCARS..

So, if you are acne-free, Go for IT!

Pricey
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I've gone to a few places to have chemical peels done but I have not gone enough times to see any results. I personally think they are way too expensive especially at doctor's offices so I prefer to let my scarring go away on its own.