Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 255 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Very effective
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

Less seems to be more. At first I must have been applying on too much because this lotion was staying on my face for a long time, but when I started applying just a pea-size amount, my skin soaked it in no problem, and my face would feel very nice. I went through a lot of moisturizers that would combat dryness after applying BHA, but none have been effective as this product.

PERFECT
Reviewed on June 8, 2017

This is the one and only product that has worked for me. Seriously I've tried dozens of other moisturizers and none of them worked at all. I guess I just have super dry skin. If you're a super (and I mean super duper) dry guy like me you probably won't have that greasy feeling afterwards because your skin will absorb it all in a matter of seconds. I guess I'm lucky sense I don't get breakouts like everyone else in the comments keeps saying. If I could give this a 10 out of 5 stars I would. Cetaphil has saved my skin. My skin looked horrible prior to using this product. Everybody is different, if its giving you cancer and causing breakouts then stop using it but if its the perfect match for your skin then keep using it. I haven't had a problem with it at all so far and I've been using it for over 2 years now. Had all the tests and procedures done to check for cancer and guess what....I DONT HAVE CANCER! Honestly I prefer not having itchy scaly skin. Until I can find an "all natural" moisturizer that can handle my skin I'm just gonna stick to Cetaphil. I'm as dry as they come so that's why it works for me. Oh and a greasy face is easier to handle then a dry one. Just carry a paper towel in your pocket and bam just like that problem solved. But for us super dry guys we can't necessarily carry a bottle of lotion with us everywhere. So having it dry is worse. Avoiding breakouts is easier too just wash your face 2 times a day with warm water, use a cleanser brush and a cleanser bar.

Good??
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

This product seems good from an eyes point of view, but if you have dry and sensitive skin like me I recommend for you to not try this product because I makes your face red and irritated.

Greasy sh*t and overrated.
Reviewed on February 20, 2017

This moisturiser never absorbs at all, it leaves a nasty greasy sticky film on your face that stays like that for hours on end. I don't know why people think it makes your face smooth, when in reality it feels like putting cooking oil on your face. It doesn't feel satisfying to put on your skin at all, in fact, I'm always disgusted everytime I put this crap on. The worst part is that when you wake up, your face will feel even greasier than ever. I do not recommend, this product is completely overrated.

Broke me out terribly!!
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I have been searching for a substitute moisturiser for when I'm using the acne.org regimen and I tried this. After first apply my skin was sooooo much more hydrated and it felt great. But only after 2 days of using it my skin broke out TERRIBLY. 7 new pimples in. my face, and they are not small....Pls. help if anyone has a good substitute that doesn't cause pimples.

Its good
Reviewed on December 30, 2016

This lotion is great because it wont break you out, has no smell, and is really moisturising. However, the bottle says that it is on the"light" side but the cream is actually quite heavy, almost like an eczema emollient. I can feel it on my skin hours after applying. I have no problem with this i just think that its a bit misleading to call it "light". When i put paper towels on my face after applying this, they will stick to my face (twice!) if i dont do this, ill be a little oily and my hair will look greasy the next morning from rubbing against my face. Other than that i like to use cetaphil on my dry acne prone back because it keeps the flakes away for a good day but the bottle is quite pricey for something so small.

cetaphil knows best
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

who would of thought that we would use a lotion as a facial wash , well it works wonders , the point that there are no harsh chemicals stripping all the goodness of our face but still cleansing it makes cetaphil lotion the ideal product to use in our daily routine .

by Ravina G on 02/14/2017 03:57
How do you use it as a facial wash ?
Hasn't let me down
Reviewed on October 11, 2016

This works great to hydrate skin without causing too much of a breakout, even on the regime i would recommend this as one of the go to moisturizers, only bad thing is you can look a little greasy but not like crazy amount, to me it's way better than dry flaky skin.

Very light and suitable for my sensitive acne-prone skin!
Reviewed on October 8, 2016

I don't really understand the bad reviews here, maybe it's that we have different types of skin. But as for me, it works very well. I have been suffering from a very bad acne-prone skin with the non-stop growth of cystic acne. Did try a lot of skin care that contains alcohol and didn't work. I even got prescription from doctor to consume accutane, which became even worse. Lastly, i was introduced to Cetaphil by my pharmacist cousin. I must say that this is not recommended to those who expect your skin to heal in 1-2 weeks, no. I have been using this for about 6 months and thank God, my cystic acne started to sink down and stopped growing. It moisturizes my skin very well since i have a cronic dry skin. The results might be a little bit slow to be seen, but as long as it heals as time passes, this is great for me. I use this right after i wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser. Try it out!

Not a Fan
Reviewed on December 20, 2015

It's thick, greasy, and doesn't spread nicely on the skin. Moisturizes well.