Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 252 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Greasy sh*t and overrated.
Reviewed on February 20, 2017

This moisturiser never absorbs at all, it leaves a nasty greasy sticky film on your face that stays like that for hours on end. I don't know why people think it makes your face smooth, when in reality it feels like putting cooking oil on your face. It doesn't feel satisfying to put on your skin at all, in fact, I'm always disgusted everytime I put this crap on. The worst part is that when you wake up, your face will feel even greasier than ever. I do not recommend, this product is completely overrated.

Broke me out terribly!!
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I have been searching for a substitute moisturiser for when I'm using the acne.org regimen and I tried this. After first apply my skin was sooooo much more hydrated and it felt great. But only after 2 days of using it my skin broke out TERRIBLY. 7 new pimples in. my face, and they are not small....Pls. help if anyone has a good substitute that doesn't cause pimples.

Its good
Reviewed on December 30, 2016

This lotion is great because it wont break you out, has no smell, and is really moisturising. However, the bottle says that it is on the"light" side but the cream is actually quite heavy, almost like an eczema emollient. I can feel it on my skin hours after applying. I have no problem with this i just think that its a bit misleading to call it "light". When i put paper towels on my face after applying this, they will stick to my face (twice!) if i dont do this, ill be a little oily and my hair will look greasy the next morning from rubbing against my face. Other than that i like to use cetaphil on my dry acne prone back because it keeps the flakes away for a good day but the bottle is quite pricey for something so small.

cetaphil knows best
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

who would of thought that we would use a lotion as a facial wash , well it works wonders , the point that there are no harsh chemicals stripping all the goodness of our face but still cleansing it makes cetaphil lotion the ideal product to use in our daily routine .

by Ravina G on 02/14/2017 03:57
How do you use it as a facial wash ?
Hasn't let me down
Reviewed on October 11, 2016

This works great to hydrate skin without causing too much of a breakout, even on the regime i would recommend this as one of the go to moisturizers, only bad thing is you can look a little greasy but not like crazy amount, to me it's way better than dry flaky skin.

Very light and suitable for my sensitive acne-prone skin!
Reviewed on October 8, 2016

I don't really understand the bad reviews here, maybe it's that we have different types of skin. But as for me, it works very well. I have been suffering from a very bad acne-prone skin with the non-stop growth of cystic acne. Did try a lot of skin care that contains alcohol and didn't work. I even got prescription from doctor to consume accutane, which became even worse. Lastly, i was introduced to Cetaphil by my pharmacist cousin. I must say that this is not recommended to those who expect your skin to heal in 1-2 weeks, no. I have been using this for about 6 months and thank God, my cystic acne started to sink down and stopped growing. It moisturizes my skin very well since i have a cronic dry skin. The results might be a little bit slow to be seen, but as long as it heals as time passes, this is great for me. I use this right after i wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser. Try it out!

Not a Fan
Reviewed on December 20, 2015

It's thick, greasy, and doesn't spread nicely on the skin. Moisturizes well.

Not a Fan :(
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

Tried this out when i was looking for a good night moisturiser. This made my face like an oil slick to wake up to, didn't absorb properly and broke me out with little white heads on my nose (I don't usually get spots on my nose!) I've tried using it as a body moisturiser as i suffer with eczema on my arms (and I'm loathed to throw a nearly full bottle of product out) but i haven't seen much improvement so far and it still takes AGES to absorb. Wouldn't buy it again.

It works well...
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

This makes your skin soft and dewy. It even adds shine. But it is greasy and makes you sweat. If you have oily skin or combination i wouldn't recommend. But it does work well with sunburns, sensitivity and flaky skin, which is one of the main reasons i bought it. I personally try to only use it at night.

disappointed me.
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I had great expectation of this product because of my pleasant experience with Cetaphil cleanser. But, this moisturizer disappointed me. It is nothing more than an over-the-counter greasy moisturizer. I didn't even dare to try putting it on my face. I am now using it as a hand cream. It was like applying oil to my hands. Although the lotion will eventually be absorbed, it doesn't bind water well. I would say that even Vasline is better than this one.