Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 246 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 13:35 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Not a Fan
Reviewed on December 20, 2015

It's thick, greasy, and doesn't spread nicely on the skin. Doesn't hydrate well.

Not a Fan :(
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

Tried this out when i was looking for a good night moisturiser. This made my face like an oil slick to wake up to, didn't absorb properly and broke me out with little white heads on my nose (I don't usually get spots on my nose!) I've tried using it as a body moisturiser as i suffer with eczema on my arms (and I'm loathed to throw a nearly full bottle of product out) but i haven't seen much improvement so far and it still takes AGES to absorb. Wouldn't buy it again.

It works well...
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

This makes your skin soft and dewy. It even adds shine. But it is greasy and makes you sweat. If you have oily skin or combination i wouldn't recommend. But it does work well with sunburns, sensitivity and flaky skin, which is one of the main reasons i bought it. I personally try to only use it at night.

disappointed me.
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I had great expectation of this product because of my pleasant experience with Cetaphil cleanser. But, this moisturizer disappointed me. It is nothing more than an over-the-counter greasy moisturizer. I didn't even dare to try putting it on my face. I am now using it as a hand cream. It was like applying oil to my hands. Although the lotion will eventually be absorbed, it doesn't bind water well. I would say that even Vasline is better than this one.

Will make you look like a greaseball
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I used this moisturizer for about two years, back when I first tried the Regimen (2010-2012). It did its job, and kept me almost completely flake-free, even with 2x-daily Benzoyl Peroxide application. Unfortunately, the moisturizer never really absorbed too well. There was always a shiny film on my face. In addition, my skin would obtain a reddish glow whenever I applied this moisturizer over BP. Basically, my skin was moisturized and more or less acne-free, but it was also shiny and red. Looking back, I'm surprised I stuck to the same regimen for as long as I did.

not for acne
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

This is a great product for dry skin not prone to breakouts. I have combo skin that's very breakout prone. I tried it on a few dry areas and ended up with clogged pores in those areas I used this lotion.

Not for everyone.
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

What can I say, I hate the stuff, feels horrible and totally clogs my pores! I have tried this a few times and every time within a few days my face is a mess. I don't feel like the skin drinks up this moisturiser either, it seems to sit on top in a greasy layer.

Acceptable
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

Doesn't work wonders, my skin got burned by topical ointment and this provided little help. Still using it now, since I started accutane again. I won't buy it again, I think. Makes my skin feel dirty, especially if used under make-up. Does it really moisturize? Meh. Avene and La Roche Posay does better job for the same price. Also it kind of clogs my skin?? Strange...

GOOD LOTION
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

i used to have serious acne and i used BP and diff to stop my acneand it dried up my skin so i use this lotion and it is a great lotion after ive been using this product for 1 month it works very well and moisturize smooth and it doesnt cause acne

Made Face Red
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

I decided to try this, along with the usual regimen of a cleanser and benzoyl peroxide. I don't know why, but it caused my face to get really red. I think it's because it doesn't combine well with benzoyl peroxide. The lotion is pretty thick and clumped with benzoyl peroxide. It has an odd smell to it. I won't use it again.