Page 4 of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 250 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Great moisturiser to use alongside drying acne treatments
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

I was surprised to see such negative reviews for this moisturiser on here. I know it doesn't suit everyone, but when using it for what it is intended for I've found it to be the best of its kind that I can easily get hold of here in the UK. Let's be clear, this moisturiser is intended for "very dry sensitive skin" or "following certain dermatological treatments" meaning that if you're using it on its own for oily, acne-prone skin you're bound to be disappointed. I've always used it in conjunction with either Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% or Epiduo and for me it is a godsend because it keeps my skin smooth, moisturised and flake free after such harsh treatments but does not cause me to break out anew. The only criticisms I have is that it can appear shiny on the skin, especially if you use too much, and it doesn't contain spf so it is a really great moisturiser for nighttime use but I am still searching for a good moisturiser for during the day!

Conclusion: if used for what it's intended for this is a really gentle and highly effective moisturiser.

Caused more acne
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

I had been using some acne face washes and noticed that my skin was reaaally dried out. I had used the face wash and I thought this stuff would be pretty good, well it caused pimples in other areas....not cool. I would not use this if you have acne, it made my acne really red and it looked 10x worse. I thought it would be normal but it took forever to actually absorb.....not going to use again.

No luck with this entire brand
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

Made my skin extremely oily and greasy looking. I do not have oily skin or dry skin my skin is just right in the middle. After using this my face was so oily it looked gross and I needed to boot my face throughout the day which was something I never had to do before. The moisturizer never seemed to soak into the skin. It just felt thick and heavy and sat on top of my skin. Also caused a breakout.

by User410314 on 08/12/2014 09:02
SAME
by User410314 on 08/12/2014 09:02
SAME
Reviewed on April 3, 2013

I do like the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaser ,however the lotion is a mess in my opinion.

Reviewed on February 23, 2013

I think this would only be good for the body, not face. Especially not for people with combination oily skin. Would be good for sensitive skin.

Reviewed on February 17, 2013

I break out easily from comedogenic products and this doesnt break me out alongside using 5% BP (Quinoderm)

Reviewed on February 16, 2013

I really like this moisturizer. I only use it at night and it definitely helps with the dryness when I apply BP. At first it's a little greasy, but it absorbs very quickly. You don't even need a lot of product. I only use about a dime sized amount of lotion to moisturize my face and neck. Also, it doesn't break me out.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

I won't use this product on my face at all since it makes me break out, but it's great for when my neck gets really dried out for all my treatments.

Reviewed on June 21, 2012

Picked up this little magic-worker after reading so many reviews on it and SO glad I did! I have oily skin but I get really flaky skin around my mouth and eyes of a morning after I wake up, so I wanted a good moisturizer that would counteract that. I got For Dry to Extremely Dry and it has worked wonders.