Page 2 of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 252 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Will make you look like a greaseball
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I used this moisturizer for about two years, back when I first tried the Regimen (2010-2012). It did its job, and kept me almost completely flake-free, even with 2x-daily Benzoyl Peroxide application. Unfortunately, the moisturizer never really absorbed too well. There was always a shiny film on my face. In addition, my skin would obtain a reddish glow whenever I applied this moisturizer over BP. Basically, my skin was moisturized and more or less acne-free, but it was also shiny and red. Looking back, I'm surprised I stuck to the same regimen for as long as I did.

not for acne
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

This is a great product for dry skin not prone to breakouts. I have combo skin that's very breakout prone. I tried it on a few dry areas and ended up with clogged pores in those areas I used this lotion.

Not for everyone.
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

What can I say, I hate the stuff, feels horrible and totally clogs my pores! I have tried this a few times and every time within a few days my face is a mess. I don't feel like the skin drinks up this moisturiser either, it seems to sit on top in a greasy layer.

Acceptable
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

Doesn't work wonders, my skin got burned by topical ointment and this provided little help. Still using it now, since I started accutane again. I won't buy it again, I think. Makes my skin feel dirty, especially if used under make-up. Does it really moisturize? Meh. Avene and La Roche Posay does better job for the same price. Also it kind of clogs my skin?? Strange...

GOOD LOTION
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

i used to have serious acne and i used BP and diff to stop my acneand it dried up my skin so i use this lotion and it is a great lotion after ive been using this product for 1 month it works very well and moisturize smooth and it doesnt cause acne

Made Face Red
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

I decided to try this, along with the usual regimen of a cleanser and benzoyl peroxide. I don't know why, but it caused my face to get really red. I think it's because it doesn't combine well with benzoyl peroxide. The lotion is pretty thick and clumped with benzoyl peroxide. It has an odd smell to it. I won't use it again.

great stuff
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I've been using this product for 2 months and it is awesome. After I started to use acne treatment gel, it dried up my face and made my face red. The red marks looked like em...sunburn! I had some on my cheeks and my forehead. I tried covering up with makeup when I go out but it didn't really work. Haha. Then I did some research and found this lotion had some pretty good reviews so I decided to try it. And OMG this lotion is effin amazing. It's not too oily and it melts right into my skin. I apply this on my face every night about 15 minutes after applying the acne treatment gel. I stopped having these sunburn marks on my face and it doesn't cause breakouts or anything.

I love it
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

This is my favorite lotion, second only to Cetaphil Daily Advanced. When I started to use Cetaphil on my face, I stopped getting new acne!

Good
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

So far, it works for me. It moisturise very well, not as much as Cerave, but it does not cause acne.

Too greasy/broke out easily
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Type: mild acne/acne prone skin/ summer: oily/ winter: dry)

I used it as a face moisterizer. Better to use on your body than face.

Pros: *hydrates skin

Cons: *makes face feels greasy and oily

*Made me broke out after a few uses

Not for people with really oily skin. People with oily skin should not use moisterizers with oil in them such as this one ((this prouct uses Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Oil)). Water based or oil free moisterizers work best for oily skin type. Maybe good for people with dry skin.