Page 2 of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 249 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Acceptable
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

Doesn't work wonders, my skin got burned by topical ointment and this provided little help. Still using it now, since I started accutane again. I won't buy it again, I think. Makes my skin feel dirty, especially if used under make-up. Does it really moisturize? Meh. Avene and La Roche Posay does better job for the same price. Also it kind of clogs my skin?? Strange...

GOOD LOTION
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

i used to have serious acne and i used BP and diff to stop my acneand it dried up my skin so i use this lotion and it is a great lotion after ive been using this product for 1 month it works very well and moisturize smooth and it doesnt cause acne

Made Face Red
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

I decided to try this, along with the usual regimen of a cleanser and benzoyl peroxide. I don't know why, but it caused my face to get really red. I think it's because it doesn't combine well with benzoyl peroxide. The lotion is pretty thick and clumped with benzoyl peroxide. It has an odd smell to it. I won't use it again.

great stuff
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I've been using this product for 2 months and it is awesome. After I started to use acne treatment gel, it dried up my face and made my face red. The red marks looked like em...sunburn! I had some on my cheeks and my forehead. I tried covering up with makeup when I go out but it didn't really work. Haha. Then I did some research and found this lotion had some pretty good reviews so I decided to try it. And OMG this lotion is effin amazing. It's not too oily and it melts right into my skin. I apply this on my face every night about 15 minutes after applying the acne treatment gel. I stopped having these sunburn marks on my face and it doesn't cause breakouts or anything.

I love it
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

This is my favorite lotion, second only to Cetaphil Daily Advanced. When I started to use Cetaphil on my face, I stopped getting new acne!

Good
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

So far, it works for me. It moisturise very well, not as much as Cerave, but it does not cause acne.

Too greasy/broke out easily
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Type: mild acne/acne prone skin/ summer: oily/ winter: dry)

I used it as a face moisterizer. Better to use on your body than face.

Pros: *hydrates skin

Cons: *makes face feels greasy and oily

*Made me broke out after a few uses

Not for people with really oily skin. People with oily skin should not use moisterizers with oil in them such as this one ((this prouct uses Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Oil)). Water based or oil free moisterizers work best for oily skin type. Maybe good for people with dry skin.

Broke me out
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

Seemed alright for the first few days but after 3-5 days (how long it usually takes me to start seeing breakouts from an irritant) I broke out badly on my chin and cheek. Very disappointing as there is a very limited choice of decent moisturisers in Ireland...no CeraVe (which I was using before with no issue) as [link removed] won't even ship it here. I'm usually not super sensitive to products that claim to be non-comedogenic so this surprised me but I can't deny that it's the only thing I've changed in my routine. Don't know what else there really is to try, most moisturisers here are either for ageing skins and too rich or for teens and contain salycitic acid which drys me out too much. Any recs for a good moisturiser available in Ireland for combo skin treated with Retin-A would be great! If you are deciding between Cetaphil and CeraVe for any product I've found CeraVe to have much higher quality ingredients, lots of stuff that's in high-end creams, Cetaphil is kind of the low-rent version.

Pretty good
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

Although it is supposed to be used on your body, I use it on my face and have not noticed any breakouts out of the ordinary. i put quite a bit of this product on my face before applying my makeup and it doesn't feel heavy, it actually creates a great banner between my skin and makeup and prevents it from getting cakey. I recommend it to anyone who lives in cold climates ( such as me, Canada ) and wants to protect their skin from harsh winds and temperatures without using comedogenic products like petroleum jelly.

Good!
Reviewed on October 31, 2014

don’t really understand the poor reviews on here, if you do have acne and oily skin don’t use it as it has oil in it (everything that moisturizes has) and other moisturizing ingredients .

My skin is acne prone but not bad and I use products that dry out my skin but use cetaphil at night which works great. Use only a small amount on your skin and don’t use this all the time.

It always worked great for me even though my skin is very sensitive and used to have bad acne. Anything that has oil in it would not help to prevent acne!!!

I use Dr Murad and skin neuteurals who work great.