Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Fragrance Free reviews

3.8/5 - 231 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8 fl oz
updated: 12/27/2014 23:03 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - 16 fl oz
updated: 12/27/2014 23:03 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz

Pretty good
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

Although it is supposed to be used on your body, I use it on my face and have not noticed any breakouts out of the ordinary. i put quite a bit of this product on my face before applying my makeup and it doesn't feel heavy, it actually creates a great banner between my skin and makeup and prevents it from getting cakey. I recommend it to anyone who lives in cold climates ( such as me, Canada ) and wants to protect their skin from harsh winds and temperatures without using comedogenic products like petroleum jelly.

Good!
Reviewed on October 31, 2014

don’t really understand the poor reviews on here, if you do have acne and oily skin don’t use it as it has oil in it (everything that moisturizes has) and other moisturizing ingredients .

My skin is acne prone but not bad and I use products that dry out my skin but use cetaphil at night which works great. Use only a small amount on your skin and don’t use this all the time.

It always worked great for me even though my skin is very sensitive and used to have bad acne. Anything that has oil in it would not help to prevent acne!!!

I use Dr Murad and skin neuteurals who work great.

Skin did not like it.
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

Was very irritating and made my skin turn red in places. No thanks.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

If you have dry skin then this product could work for you. I have extremely oily skin and this product did not control it what so ever in fact I felt it made my oily skin worse. The more oil my skin produces the more acne I get so after months of using this product my face was filled with acne. If you have extremely oily skin like me PLEASE stay away from this product. I find the only thing that works for me is a mattifying moisturizer.

HATE
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

If this is the only thing people with sensitive skin and acne are supposed to use, I'd rather go without moisture. It looks terrible under makeup. It sits on top of your skin, softening nothing, soothing nothing.

by ZhenZhu on 08/12/2014 09:01
and yes, my comedones multiplied. quit after two uses, so terrible in texture.
great, ONLY WHEN NOT ON DK'S REGIMEN (MEANT TO BE A REVIEW FOR CERAVE LOTION NOT CETAPHIL) MY MISTAKE
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

i always use this product ever since i was little. would i recommend it? YES. Would i recommend it when on Dan's regimen? NO. It burns like hell afterwards! And if you have dry scaly reptile like skin, this is absolute HELL. Do not even try. I tried, several times, and just ended up crying and fanning myself because it would cause me such great pain. However, if you are not on the regimen and need a light body lotion/face lotion this is fantastic! I thought it would be fantastic on the Regimen but it was extremely bad and i completely regret it. As I say that, i do want to put out that i do have sensitive skin which is probably why. Anyways, I hope this helps!!

by acnesucksss on 04/02/2014 22:51
Meant for CeraVe...Not for Cetaphil. Cetaphil is great, do not mistake this!
Broke Out Like Crazy
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

Apparently my grandmother has been using these products since the beginning of time, and her skin has always looked really amazing. Her complexion is beautiful and even and she hardly has any wrinkles, so me and my mom decided to give it a shot. Worst idea ever. I don't even know where to begin. Yes, it moisturizes. But it irritates my skin upon application, causing this sort of burning sensation. After a few days of use, I've broken out in places I didn't even realize was possible and every single pore on my face is clogged. 0/10 would not recommend.

by benedicta on 04/16/2014 08:29
It is very good in all skins type. I have tried others lotion but this turns out to be the best out of all for me
AHHH
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

I've tried this lotion and the facial one with spf15.

They both provided a silky smooth canvas for my makeup, I loveeed the way they gave my skin a soft glow and they actually reduced my oil production dramatically.

BUT, BUT, BUT

OMG. CLOGGED PORES EVERYWHERE. PLACES I DIDN'T KNOW WERE POSSIBLE

In a few days these moisturisers have wreaked havoc on my face.

Cetaphil, you suck.

Great Moisturizer for Regimen--but at a cost.
Reviewed on November 8, 2013

Suffices to say, I would never apply any body cream to my face unless I wanted to breakout badly. That is, with this as an exception. I've used many high end creams (Estee lauder, Elisabeth Arden, etc) that boast of moisturizing ultra dry skin and proving 24 hours moisture and other nonsense.

This is the only cream I found to actually deliver with that claim.

When not using BP: It's texture is smooth and glides on well. It will leave a bit of shine. And if you sweat, it will start to run off. However it is a simple fragrant free moisturizer that does what it claims.

When using BP: It's difficult to apply it as Dan says. It's sticky and will not glide well at first I find that if you wait a few minutes after applying it, it will warm up enough that you can smoothly glide it. Definitely will make your routine longer in the morning.

Being in the regime now, I found after it has fully absorbed (within 5-10 minutes), my face will be quite shiney and sticky. I have to take a napkin (serviette, not tissue), unfold it open until it's thin sheet, and place it against my face. It can be a bit silly because the residue and stickiness of the cream will have the sheet stick easily to my face (walking paper napkin, whee!). But I basically blot off the excess, which works well. Pro tip: don't buy expensive oil-control paper, just use napkins :P.

So, this cream does not work well under makeup. I find within 2-3 hours, I'll already have a shiny t-zone, and if I touch it, oils will easily transfer off.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Yes, this moisturizer balled up for me. After applying it, it was fine. But when applying makeup on top, the cream would ball up, and create an uneven canvas. So now I have to remove the balling by rubbing my face in a circular motion before putting on my cream. Quite cumbersome. I'm looking to switch now that the bp has caused me to develop some fine lines, and this cream cannot combat that.

Lastly, this product is widely considered to clog pores (although it says it does not). I'm not sure if my issues are because of the cream. But it certainly doesn't make it better, if anything.

When first starting the regimen, when my face was going through the dreaded hardening phase with excessive drive patches, this cream did wonders. If I did not apply cream, my face would be extremely tight and flaky. Immediately when this cream was applied, my face calmed.

Yay long winded reviews!

Breaks me out :(
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I have very dry skin and it's been very hard to find an acne-safe moisturizer that's moisturizing enough. This has been the only thing that moisturizes my face enough to be able to put on foundation and have my face not be flaking by the end of the day. That's why I was so sad when I saw about 3 new pimples the day after I used it. This is the second time I've tried it. The first time, I broke out as well, but I couldn't pinpoint what was making me break out as I changed a few things about my acne regimen all at once. But now I know I definitely can't use this. :(