Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream reviews

4.1/5 - 67 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Water (Purified), Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone (and Dimethiconol), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, Fragrance Free, 16 oz
updated: 08/28/2016 04:43 UTC
Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Cream, 16-Ounce Jars (Pack of 2)
updated: 08/28/2016 04:43 UTC
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin, Fragrance Free, Non-comedogenic (20 Oz)

This moisturizer is the BEST
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

This is the only facial moisturizer I trust. Even though it's a cream, it goes on thin enough that it doesn't clog your pores or leave your face feeling oily or greasy. The thing to remember with this moisturizer is that less is more! I only use total two pea sized amounts each time I use it and that's enough for my entire face.

Gets rid of flakiness and dryness
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

At first, I didn't like this product as it didn't help with my flakiness and was burning my skin after I had used BP. To get rid of the flakiness the only thing that worked for me was Lush "oatifix" which Is a very moisturising face mask that also helps with acne so if you are suffering from dry skin and flakes, please try that out as it worked for me. Anyway, this product is a great product for when I still get some dry skin and flakiness on my face after a facial treatment. Yes, this product doesn't really sink into your skin quickly so I suggest putting it on at night. Also, it works best after you have just had a shower and your face is still wet, slather some of this on and in the morning your face is so soft, moisturised and all flakes and dry skin is gone, trust me. I put on a very generous amount and it doesn't break me out or irritate me. It is very soothing to my skin after I had popped a few pimples as it calms it down. I would definetely recommend this product, and make sure you use it right because some people don't use it the right way which causes them not to like it. This is the only moisturiser that helps my dry skin. So please put a generous amount on after a shower while your face is still wet. :) hope this helps anyone.

Bad for face
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

It did moisturized my skin well but it caused a lot of closed comedones which are hard to remove. It is more suitable for the body than on face.

Made me break out
Reviewed on March 25, 2016

The stuff is like as thick as body lotion and it does moisturize well but it made my acne worse. I used it for 3 months, I was on birth control that gave me horrible acne (I had mainly clear skin before the birth control) and I thought cetaphil would help calm the breakouts- but it didn't. I eventually quit the birth control and my skin got way better but I was still having breakouts. So I quit this and after I quit using it my skin got even better. It's still not back to normal but eliminating this has helped a lot.

Not for me...
Reviewed on February 27, 2016

I decided to try this last night as an alternative for acne.org/dan's moisturizer. So after applying dan's bp and letting it dry for 15 minutes, I gently slathered the cetaphi. cream on my face. First thought, it felt too greasy and uncomfortable on my face and after about 1 minute, I felt my face burning. At first I thought it was normal since that's what would always happen every-time I apply dan's moisturizer.

But

30 minutes has passed... my face is still burning

2 hours has passed.... and i think the burning feeling has increased so I told myself okay this is enough. I had to wash it off from my face because I couldn't stand the pain and burning feeling it gave me.

Now I woke up and has 3 new pimples on my face :<

I'd give it a 5 star as a moisturizer for my body as this has helped me moisturized my dry skin but a 2 star as a moisturizer for my face. it's great for my body but for my face just no.

There's a trick to using this, read.
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

BEST EVER! I bought the generic version from Target and walmart - both good. Pat/Tap onto your face, don't rub or smear on to your face. Put a big gob in your palm, rub both hands together and tap tap tap pat pat all over your face that was treated with benzoly P. Works great, not oily and keeps skin from ever flaking. I only use the regimens benzoyl P and this. Had pretty bad acne for years until finally using this and neutrogena bar soap. 3 steps that really work.

Superb Moisturizer!
Reviewed on November 26, 2015

I have been using the Acne.org Regimen for about a year now and I probably use lesser dosages than most people. (If I stop using the BP, the pimples come back :() However, my skin never ever fully adjusted to the BP and flakes were always there. I've tried so many different moisturizers but nothing really worked even when used with my AHA. I felt like I was just putting globs of lotion that wouldn't even smear in well. I knew about this product but I was doubtful of its effectiveness because I felt that its viscosity would be too thick for facial use. Ultimately, I got fed up with my dry skin and tried this out. OMG. Even by nightly use, my flakes were gone. I also feel like my face stays remarkably clearer with this because I can be more generous with the BP without the fear of getting dryness. Anyone struggling with dry skin from the regimen MUST MUST MUST use this! NO BREAKOUTS WHATSOEVER

Like Body Butter
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

The texture of this product reminds me of a slightly fluffier body butter from The Body Shop. But, it's without all the scents and irritants and is completely non-comedogenic. I use this moisturizer as a body lotion. A little goes a long way and the tub it comes in is gigantic, so it will last a very long time. Only use this on your face if it is extremely dry, or if you are using it to spot treat on extremely dry areas, like around your nose.

Using cetaphil moisturizer after apply BP
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Hello! I'm new to the Regimen and have just begun using benzoyl peroxide this week. After washing my face at night, i allow my skin to dry, then apply benzoyl peroxide. After about 15 min, I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream. I expect my dry skin to feel relieved from the cream, but gradually the burning and itching sensation increases. It is really difficult not to rub or scratch my skin when this happens.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the cetaphil cream? I was wondering if maybe it reacted with the BP

by Levyors on 09/07/2015 18:03
Please don't blindly follow what they say in the paper guide. If you want to be safe just use a little bit more than a pea size of BP. I did follow the instruction from the paper from pea size to one finger length on the second week. It make my face burn and I got really bad blister. So I stopped using the BP for about 1 week only it heal back. Now I using just a little bit more than pea size. It's normal for you to feel itchy when you use BP. We all facing this problem also. Fight for it!
Does a good job of moisturizing
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I used this product when I was on epiduo it helped moisturize my skin since it got so dry for the epiduo. Its a great product love it.