Page 5 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/24/2016 23:36 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 09/24/2016 23:50 UTC

Worst thing ever
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is the worst thing thats EVER happened to my skin.

My skin started acting up during December 2014, nothing major, but it was getting worse. I decided to purchase this oh so lovely product in hopes that it would clear my skin up a bit. Hands down worst decision i EVER made. It broke me out sooooo bad. I had faith in this product as so many youtube videos were made about how incredible it was, and how gentle it was. I needed a gentle cleanser because i read that you should be as gentle as possible with your skin, so i thought this must work since it says GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER. But after it broke me out i read articles saying how it was the devil and that the ingredients are sooo harsh on your skin. I CANNOT believe i didnt google the ingredients before trying it. Its full of sh*t !!!

In summary, cetaphil is no good and is filled with harsh ingredients that broke me out, i still have acne to this day thanks to cetaphil, please dont put this rubbish on your skin and go for all natural products!

articles: [link removed] and [link removed]

by lesleyrodgers on 07/24/2015 04:51
oh they removed the link nice; anyway you can just google cetaphil devil and a bunch of articles will pop up
Great as a cleanser for dry or sensitive skin! (also makeup brushes!)
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

I used this product for years, and I have to say that if you have dry or sensitive skin, this is fantastic for you. I still use this to date for my makeup brushes, and whenever my skin is dry or needs a little extra care (ex. in the winter, when I have a sunburn, etc.)

I would still be using this, however, I needed to change it up to be able to have a better handle on fighting my acne. I never experienced breakouts with this product, or any other complications. I would use makeup remover before using this, though. It doesn't remove all traces of foundation from my skin - but it doesn't claim to! I found it nice for gently removing my eye makeup, though. I used it in both ways that it said you could, like you would a normal cleanser, and putting it on dry skin and wiping off the excess. I would definitely recommend using it like you would your normal cleanser, because it made me uncomfortable to not wash off the product and to leave a thin layer on my skin, when I know that it was mixed with dirt, oil, makeup, etc.

While this didn't do anything for my acne, that isn't the reason that I bought it. There are many others who sing the praises of this for acne, and call it a beauty staple and a lifesaver. Personally, I would agree that this is something that I need in my routine. When my skin is in bad shape, this is an essential. For cleaning my makeup brushes easily and gently, this is an essential. I would get the one with the pump, it's much easier to use and you can turn it and lock it for storage or travel. Overall, I would give it a try, but don't hold high expectations for it when it comes to acne, because that's not what the purpose of this product is. If you're looking for a gentle cleanser, have sensitive skin, really dry skin, etc. then chances are this has a very high potential for being your holy grail facial cleanser. I also encourage trying it for makeup brushes! Keeps them soft instead of stripping them and making them dry and uncomfortable to use.

Not impressed
Reviewed on July 18, 2015

Cetaphil has done absolutely nothing for my acne. I started using it because I ran out of my usual regimen and needed something to use until I could get some more in the mail. I've used it in the past too before I started Rodan and Fields Unblemish which I highly recommend. It's quite expensive but it does wonders. It clears up your face very fast. Anyways, I definitely would NOT recommend Cetaphil. It's a terrible product that actually made my acne worse. Do not purchase.

LOVE
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

I love love love Cetaphil products! It has helped clear up my skin, and keep it that way. If you haven't been using it long, your skin might go through a bit of a "detox" time where it looks like it is causing more breakouts. You just have to give it time and let it work its magic!

by CEC21 on 07/16/2015 18:03
Hey! How long did you have to stick with this product before you saw results? I think I'm in the detox phase.. :/
by xenaleigh on 07/26/2015 13:47
How long it will take to effect on your pimples
by Human Doing on 10/23/2015 09:38
There are no actives in cetaphil. Therefore your skin was not going through a detox. Please do some reasearching
16 year old's review. LOVE THIS!!!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

My skin has been in its worst condition for the last 6 months. My skin was very bumpy and red. It looked awful. It honestly looked like I had a rash on my face, but it was acne. I usually don't wear face makeup, but when my skin was in this condition I relied on BB cream. Still, my skin looked like crap. I had used Clearasil products for a really long time, and I think my skin has some type of reaction. My skin is now extremely sensitive so I began using this product. After the first three days, I noticed my skin was softening. It no longer felt so rough. After 6 weeks, my skin looks almost 100% better and my forehead is virtually clear. I use this product morning and night, but at night I apply the Clearasil benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid gels on my face. These two products mixed together really help my skin, and I have no reaction. Also, every 1 or 2 weeks I exfoliate with a natural exfoliator from Sally Hansen. The cleanser is a little drying, so I apply Pond's dry skin moisturizer in the morning and it keeps my skin soft and protected from the sun. I recommend this cleanser to anyone who is struggling with acne, and feels like this is their last hope. It certainly has helped me a lot. Definitely try this product!!!!

by Sheppard100 on 06/11/2015 22:44
The exfoliator I use is actually from the Queen Helene line
In love with this product
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I'm a beauty therapist and this has been recommend to me by a dermatologist and doctor. Most people say it causes them breakout but the truth is that you have used crap products that have striped and made your skin sensitive and this balances it out it may take a little while but it is worth it. I recommend to all my clients on a daily basis

My holy grail
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I love love love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin so this is gentle enough for me. I started using this cleanser on accutane and it made my skin feel so smooth. It is the only thing I use for my face right now along with the Cetaphil moisturizer. Cetaphil is the way to go!

DO NOT USE CONTAINS SLS WHICH CAN CAUSE ACNE
Reviewed on March 8, 2015

I have combination/sensitive skin and had light acne when i started using this product before i was using a salicylic acid acne treatment but i heard salicylic acid can be to irritating for sensitive skin so i switched to Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser. After using this product for about 2 months my acne became much worse. I found out one of its main ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate can dry/irritate skin and is HIGHLY Comedogenic! I now use honey to cleanse my face and my face is still healing from the breakouts caused by this product. Ever since i stopped using this product i have not seen any new breakouts. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

by Human Doing on 10/23/2015 09:40
Not everyone has a problem with Sulfates.
awsome
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This is really good, but as with any cleanser it takes a little time getting used to :)

Good for dry/sensitive. Okay for oily skin in the AM.
Reviewed on February 19, 2015

Cetaphil Gentle is a non-lathering cleanser that does not strip your skin at all. However, really oily folks may not feel like their pores are getting a good enough clean. And makeup-lovers will definitely need to supplement this cleanser with a real makeup remover. With lighter makeup, though, you might be able to simply double-cleanse.

Lastly, the texture is very thin and watery, so you have to use a lot, unlike thicker non-lathering cleansers like the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser.

Overall, great for sensitive and dry skin! But for oily skin, it's probably better as a morning cleanser, when you're not cleaning off as much oil or daytime debris, pollution, etc.

Side note: Some people seriously question Cetaphil's ingredients. If you want, you can read more at "Why Cetaphil Is the Devil" by the Beautybets website.