Page 4 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 531 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/25/2014 13:06 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

Very good/amazing
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

Best I've used so far. And I've used Nuetrogena, proactive, aveeno, and so much more on my acne-prone skin!!! THANK YOU CETAPHIL!!!!!!!!

Don't use if you have mild/severe acne
Reviewed on December 20, 2013

This is a very different wash from all of the acne washes that i have used throughout my life lol the was is like a gel, and when you wash your face it does not foam, and it will never foam no matter how much of the gel or water you use. This is good just for a morning face wash every once in a while but not as an acne solution. Don't use this product if you are trying to remove make up because it takes forever since it doesn't foam. Also, this will be somewhat good for people that have oily skin like I do, it dries the skin, but not in a harmful way.

by liz914 on 01/04/2014 08:03
It's not ment to be a makeup remover
Nice 'n' gentle but has some issues
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

This cleanser takes some getting used to. It doesn't feel like a typical cleanser and doesn't lather at all. Rather, it feels kinda like what water would feel like if it had a thicker viscosity. That's the best way I can describe it. You don't get that "ah, I've cleansed my skin" feeling. However, to adequately cleanse the skin, you don't need that feeling. As long as a cleanser has an effective cleansing ingredient in it (in this case Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), it will do the job of removing surface oils. Why they chose Sodium Lauryl Sulfate does confuse me a bit, however. It is the most irritating of the cleansing ingredients on the market. However, from the feel of this cleanser and how it does not over dry, I suspect they are using it in a conservative amount.

My biggest problem with this cleanser is that the lack of lather makes it harder to glide your hands over your skin when cleansing, thus reducing irritation. I have to remain ultra aware of how hard I'm rubbing when using it. When treating acne, you want to remain as gentle as possible.

by liz914 on 01/04/2014 08:05
There was two ways the instructions say you can use it, with and without water, try it without water and on the cotton pad you still love the results of how much it can take off without irritating your skin or drying it, which is what your use to
Didnt work for me!
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

I have been using this product for a few years. I always felt like my makeup was taken off since it removes eye makeup. Then I used a cleansing pad after washing my face twice! The cleansing pad had so much left over makeup. I have been suffering from breakouts for the last 2 years and after 3 days of making sure my makeup is removed my face has already cleared up. I would only recommend this product for removing eye makeup and following up with another product.

by liz914 on 01/04/2014 08:06
It's not a makeup remover. Try the without water directions
yayerz
Reviewed on November 19, 2013

it's so gentle that I don't feel that it cleanse my face. but it works well with my diy regimen ( while waiting for my order to arrive.) and there's this weird feeling when you just let the gel sit on your hand, like your blood isn't flowing in your hand but maybe it's just me hahaha. it works better than those harsh medicated foamy and very expensive type of cleansers in small bottles so thumbs up!

BEST WASH EVER!!!!!!
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I suffer from very bad acne and semi oily skin . I have used every kind of face wash Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean and clear, oxy, and Proactive. Nothing worked it made me brake out even more plus gave my cyst acne as well. My mom told me to try this face wash and I fell in love!!! This is the best wash I have ever used!! It didn't make my acne totally gone but it made it 80% better with use of a cream given to me by my doctor. I will never use any other face wash again!!!

from moderate acne to light
Reviewed on November 10, 2013

been using this product for two weeks. Its very gentle on my skin and I think my skin looks healthy now. It made my skin oily however it's tolerable. After washing my face using this product, i wait for about 30-45 min to apply a sulfur cream, because i have read on some blog that if your skin is still damp when your apply something, it will be irritated, when it's irritated, more acne will form.

Torn...
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I have sensitive and dry skin that gets irritated easily. I decided to try this cleanser since EVERYONE was raving about it. I don't see why though. It does calm my skin, but doesn't feel...clean. It doesn't remove makeup well and makes me feel like I'm rubbing Vaseline on my face. It does make my skin soft, but it just doesn't clean well enough for me.

Best cleanser ever!
Reviewed on October 15, 2013

This is definitely a product I will stick with. It works great with my sensitive skin that is super dry and flaky due to BP. It leaves my skin feeling soft and ready for a new dose of BP. It is fragance-free and my skin feels like I just applied lotion after washing my face with this. Loooove this product!

Love this cleanser
Reviewed on October 1, 2013

I find it funny that this cleanser feels like you're rubbing lotion on your face, yet it doesn't leave a filmy feeling afterwards. This isn't helping my acne, but it's keeping my breakouts at bay as opposed to when I was using harsh cleansers, astringents, etc. (That would normally be ironic, but I know better than that at this point). I still need to add something to my routine to see some acne-clearing results, either Rx or BP from the regimen, but this cleanser is a definite staple.