Page 3 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 531 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/24/2014 12:49 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

I love this stuff
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

I started to get more pimples, so I used a wash and it didn't work, so I went to the store and got cetaphil, when I used it, it felt like it started work right when I washed my face, it is the best wash ever!!

Great
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

It works very well. I don't normally have much acne, but I suddenly got a bunch. I tried to use this and all of it was cleared up in two days. Also, leaves skin super soft and moisturized. I highly recommend this!

Love it!
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

My dermatologist recommended this to me. I've been using this for a little over a month and I love it! It was cheap and it comes with a pump. I have such sensitive skin that everything I try breaks me out. I don't like the feeling of dryness and tightness after I wash my face and this kept my face feeling fresh, clean, and moisturized. It has no smell and does not strip your skin. It however does not remove makeup so well so I suggest using another cleanser for removing makeup. Overall, I love it.

What's the hype?
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

It does not remove my makeup. It makes me feel still dirty after washing my face with a generous amount. I don't get the fresh feeling, more like oily and does not treat acne.

by xxalandraxx on 03/23/2014 20:11
This is not meant to be a makeup remover. it is a cream cleanser. You could always remove your makeup PRIOR to cleansing with this product. Just saying...
by kdeger on 03/31/2014 17:21
NO face wash is meant to be a makeup remover. You must remove your makeup first with either a moisturizer or makeup wipe. Then you wash your face. Removing your makeup first also ensures that the cleanser is cleaning your pores and not just the surface of your skin as it would if the makeup was still on your face.
Best I have used
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

I switched from Dove sensitive soap to Cetaphil Gentle and it leaves my skin hydrated instead of dry. I have had no inflamed acne since using this. I scar easily that it is a big deal.

by jocollins on 02/10/2014 22:18
It did work for my friend too who directed me here to read reviews for the product.i wish to write a full review of this product on my blog at [link removed].I have gotten ideas already and what to write on from this webpage.Lets see how it goes by the time i publish the review.
works for non oily/acne prone skin
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

when i was 10 year old i used to love this cleanser because it got rid of my zits.

but when i turn 12 it didn't work anymore, it make my face super super oily and doesn't help my acne. so i stop using it.

last year i tried to use it again but no result!

but maybe it works for you who live in colder climate because i live in indonesia i sweat like crazy.

A decent, reliable cleanser
Reviewed on January 28, 2014

Just for background info, I had mild - moderate acne that started when i reached puberty. I tried many products thus far(Sebamed, Dove) and they didn't seem to work well. Until I went to read online Amazon reviews, seen blogs and recommendations and discovered this gem of a cleanser. Your skin feels coated with a layer after washing. My acne has cleared up significantly and my skin feels smoother and less blemished! I have been tempted to try out Cerave cleanser too since its very similar to Cetaphil but I feel why change Cetaphil if it ain't spoilt xD

It's not a complete miracle worker though. I know it isn't SLS-free but I've never been sensitive to SLS so I disregard its SLS content. Plus its pretty low in order according to ingredients list. Implies its content is not as concentrated as usual general store soaps. I live in a city where it's pretty humid all year round so this cleanser feels just right for my skin. However if you live in a less humid place, your skin may dry up(as mine did when I accidentally used too much) and you will have to apply moisturiser.

Imho, given the right application procedures(lukewarm water to rinse, circular + gentle motions when applying cleanser + 1-2 weeks of patience), this cleanser can be one of the best you will have ever used!

Y'ar she blows
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

This made my face itch and has SLS. Thank goodness I only bought the travel size

very different but it DOES the job
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

Step 1. (If needed)Remove make-up properly with remover

Step 2. (Optional) damp skin with luke warm or cool water

Step 3. Apply cetaphil cleanser with clean hands gently rubbing in circular motion for no more than 1 minute

Step 4. (Very important) with a cotton pad remove excess cleanser

Step 5. Apply cetaphil daily moisturizer

These steps have been KEY to helping my acne/scars. My acne isn't severe but it's NOT mild. I've tried clean and clear, proactive, aveno, mary kay, home remedies, ect. Since I was 13 I had acne and I used products that helped keep it under control but I've never known what it's like to have a clear face. I have combination skin and products I was using dried my skin out, making my skin produce more oils to lubricate itself, making my acne worse and giving me dry patches, which did not look great with makeup over it. The water we use already has chemicals that strip your natural oils and you really don't want to strip it more. I almost accepted that I wasn't ment to have clear skin. I found cetaphils three piece trial size for $10 which has pretty big bottles. A lot of my friends have it and their skin has a healthy look.that I want. Following those steps I noticed that my acne wasn't red/irritated and my skin didn't feel dry. Once you do step 4 you will be happy to see what it cleans but be amazed at how it doesn't dry your skin and doesn't irritate your acne more. It was different from what I'm use to but I had to try something/anything that would work, I did this twice a day for 1 month. I noticed a difference my first wash but I had almost clear skin by week 2(: . I finally can wake up look in the mirror and not worry about how my skin looks. I would definitely recommend this product and will FOREVER keep it as my regiment.

definately not bad but not a miracle worker either
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I have mild acne with a few hormonal flare ups about once every two months. I have been using this cleanser for about 4 weeks and it does a fantastic job of taking off my BB cream and making my skin feel fresh. I wash my face once in the morning and once before I go to bed, using it frequently doesn't seem to help my acne SO much, however I have seen a decline in the little tiny pimples that pop up every now and then. If you have very light acne then I recommend this item, however I do not if you suffer more severe acne.

by liz914 on 01/04/2014 08:01
It's main.purpose isn't to remove your makup, remove your make-up first and then apply they lotion, remove the excess with a cotton pad and that will clear up very well