Page 2 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/05/2015 08:00 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

My holy grail
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I love love love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin so this is gentle enough for me. I started using this cleanser on accutane and it made my skin feel so smooth. It is the only thing I use for my face right now along with the Cetaphil moisturizer. Cetaphil is the way to go!

DO NOT USE CONTAINS SLS WHICH CAN CAUSE ACNE
Reviewed on March 8, 2015

I have combination/sensitive skin and had light acne when i started using this product before i was using a salicylic acid acne treatment but i heard salicylic acid can be to irritating for sensitive skin so i switched to Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser. After using this product for about 2 months my acne became much worse. I found out one of its main ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate can dry/irritate skin and is HIGHLY Comedogenic! I now use honey to cleanse my face and my face is still healing from the breakouts caused by this product. Ever since i stopped using this product i have not seen any new breakouts. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

awsome
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This is really good, but as with any cleanser it takes a little time getting used to :)

Good for dry/sensitive. Okay for oily skin in the AM.
Reviewed on February 19, 2015

Cetaphil Gentle is a non-lathering cleanser that does not strip your skin at all. However, really oily folks may not feel like their pores are getting a good enough clean. And makeup-lovers will definitely need to supplement this cleanser with a real makeup remover. With lighter makeup, though, you might be able to simply double-cleanse.

Lastly, the texture is very thin and watery, so you have to use a lot, unlike thicker non-lathering cleansers like the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser.

Overall, great for sensitive and dry skin! But for oily skin, it's probably better as a morning cleanser, when you're not cleaning off as much oil or daytime debris, pollution, etc.

Side note: Some people seriously question Cetaphil's ingredients. If you want, you can read more at "Why Cetaphil Is the Devil" by the Beautybets website.

Cetaphil is a Yess.
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

I Love This Cleanser <3 . Works well for my dry skin. This product helps my skin alot. I've only used this for a month so far. I will continue with this product & nothing else.

Long standing favourite
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

This has always been a favourite of mine, but has been particularly good for my skin during my accutane treatment, and has irritated my now-sensitive skin.

Fantastic for Dry/Sensitive Skin
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

I particularly recommend this cleanser for use during accutane (since that is the context in which I used it), but it is excellent for those with sensitive or dry skin in general. I first became acquainted with Cetaphil products through the acne.org forums, just before I began my accutane course in December 2009. I needed to find a gentle cleanser and quality moisturizer to get me through the dryness that was to come. Once accutane dried my skin out, I started using this cleanser and continued all the way through my course. The combination of this and a good moisturizer prevented my skin from ever feeling overly dry or irritated during my accurtane course. I really could not have asked for a better cleanser to use at a time when my skin was at its driest and most sensitive. I finished my course in the summer of 2010, and when my skin settled into normalcy (not too oily, not too dry), I switched to Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser and have been using that ever since.

My skin seems to love Cetaphil cleansers, whether during the hot/humid summers or frigid/dry winters of New England. They leave my face feeling thoroughly clean without the harsh, over-drying effects of foaming cleansers I'd previously used. But I do always quickly follow them with moisturizer in the mornings. The consistency of the Cetaphil cleansers in contrast to typical cleansers may take some getting used to, but I quickly grew to love the way they made my skin feel.

For those struggling with dryness and/or sensitivity (including those currently on accutane), I would recommend this gentle cleanser. If you find that it leaves your skin too oily, check out the daily facial cleanser.

Finally!
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

This is the ONLY cleanser I have been able to use with my cystic acne. It does not irritate my skin. I actually started buying the knock off version because it has one less ingredient. I am convinced it works because it doesn't have a lot of stuff in it compared to others. I have never used the bar version because I read it is bad for acne prone skin.... Anyway, give it a try!

good cleanser
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

it helps to cleanse your face only, not very effective on acne, I'd suggest using an actual prescription for pimples. I use this daily, at night before I sleep and in the morning and the results are great - have smooth skin and helps reduce build up in oils, this is a great cleanser for all skin types

best non-irritating cleanser i've used
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

cetaphil is so so so gentle and washes all the dirt and oil rite off your face in the morning and before bed.i would tell anyone with sensative skin to use it