Page 2 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:14 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 10/01/2016 02:27 UTC

Didn’t help, didn’t hurt
Reviewed on December 14, 2016

I used this product when I was in my teens and didn’t know any better. The internet wasn’t as robust as it is now so it was hard to really find out people’s honest feelings and results so I just went with what was available in the grocery store. Plus back then, there just wasn’t the options that there are now. My acne in my teens wasn’t really that bad so once I hit my 20’s, I just started using whatever facial soap was available and I thought my zits were a thing of the past.

Not so much. Now in my early 40’s, 3 kids into the picture and all of a sudden, my cheeks, chin and nose are crazy. The acne is bad pretty much all the time but definitely worse during “that time of the month”. At first, I bought this product again, because it is what I used way back when. There was absolutely no change in my acne at all. It definitely didn’t get worse, so I guess there is that. But it didn’t get better. And like other people have mentioned below, there is this kind of filmy, residue that is left after you rinse it off. I guess it is supposed to feel like a moisturizer but to me, it feels dirty.

Plus side is that it is relatively cheap so I didn’t feel bad throwing it out. But now that I have found a product that actually clears up acne (yay), I can say that this is not an acne-reducing product at all. My sister introduced me to Ninja and since then my acne has minimized to the point , in three months, that I am almost back to normal. Which is just an amazing feeling. I didn’t realize how much acne can affect one’s mood and self esteem.So nice to have good skin back - but this cetaphil stuff is not the way to go about attacking acne IMHO.

by Miruka on 03/03/2017 10:09
What product did you use right now?
A simple, trustworthy, gentle cleanser to a good price!
Reviewed on November 29, 2016

I've used Cetaphil gentle cleanser for about 3 months and before I used really expensive medical cleansing products that I bought from a skin therapist. This is sooo much cheaper and to be honest better too. I like the texture, it feels good on my skin and leaves the skin very neutral. Doesn't make it dry, stiff or oily. This product (in combination with Epiduo) made my skin so much better. It is gentle and simple, and I think that's the best recipe for better skincare. I will keep using this.

Strange texture, leaves your face feeling dirty
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

This cleanser has never left my face feeling clean and soft. Instead, the strange, thick consistency has always made me worry it was clogging my pores. It didn't cause a massive breakout, but it certainly did nothing to help with existing chin breakouts or allow my skin to breathe. In fact, the cleanser always left my face feeling unclean yet strangely dehydrated at the same time. The cetearyl alcohol is quite irritating to me, I've discovered, so I stopped using it. [Not to mention that it contains harmful parabens, which not only cause cancer but disrupt the endocrine system and may contribute to hormone imbalances.]

ehh
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I would give this cleanser a 3/5 for me just because it does what it says and nothing else, its nothing special. It does not remove my make up, maybe if you wore light make up it would get the job done. While on accutane this is a good choice because it is just so gentle and basic but I dont see myself using this after accutane. But it does contain Alcohol and parabens which is disappointing it seems like a good gentle product but the ingredients throw me of.

Nice to Use on the Dan Kern Regimen
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Doesn't foam up, but that's okay because foaming cleansers tend to dry the skin. I squeeze/pump a generous amount into my palm, rub my hands together, and gently smooth the product across my face. Acne flourishes on rubbing of the skin and harsh cleansers. This one is so gentle, so it's great. But when you cleanse your face, do so incredibly carefully. The purpose of cleansing is to prime your skin for topical acne-medication. Don't disrupt your skin anymore than it already is by rubbing; just let the product do the work for you.

Reply me please
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I have tried this product for 1month but why i feel there's no change with my skin ?? How long it takes to remove my acne ? Someone can tell me ? I'm so appreciate that 😊😊

by sosickofzitz on 09/08/2016 20:08
cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, not an acne treatment. it's not likely to clear anything up on it's own. you need to pair it with some kind of treatment.
gentle but not my favorite.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

cetaphil...I like how it feels, non drying and moisturizing. I have trouble with moisturizers so I like to count this as one in my head. however, I don't think it cleans very well. I have oily skin and often still feel pretty oily right after cleaning. I don't wear makeup but don't imagine this would work very well to remove it. I use this when I feel like my skin needs it, but not on a regular basis. when I used it as a daily staple cleanser, I had an increase in clogged pores, which are my biggest issue. I dunno if it was the ingredients or if I need something stronger or what but it just didn't help.

The only face wash that works for me!!!!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I'm a 20yr old female in college. I had mild/moderate acne but after having my mirena IUD removed and starting Yaz bcp I had the most severe and horrific break out. My face was bright red and every single pore on my face seemed like it was a clogged pustule (the most horrendous word to exist). Before this monster break out, I had I've literally every face wash you can buy at the drug store and multiple of the expensive ones you can buy at Sephora and many, many natural options. I have very, very sensitive skin (literally infant sensitivity) and it's very reactive and it loves to get bright red and hot. Before the break out I had never used cetaphil before because I didn't think it would be strong enough to clear things up. After the severe break out my face was in so much pain from inflammation and from the pustules (that sh*t hurts and is so sensitive like I have two tattoos and I honestly think having my face tattooed for a few hours would be more pleasant) that everything felt painful and harsh. Until I found this face wash!!! It feels so nice and calming and pleasant on my face. After I rinse it off my face doesn't feel tight or raw or dry, it feels just pleasant and happy and clean! I can even use this twice a day without upsetting my face! Miracle!

by ErinSerrano on 10/01/2016 17:09
Did it get rid of the acne?
Disappointed (but not a complete loss)
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I was really excited to use this product because of all of the reviews saying how amazing it is. I have tried this product a couple of times and each time i used it for about 1-3 months. I noticed that the product smells very strong and is very drying for my skin. All in all i give this product a 3 star because it does clean the skin but its too drying for me.

Not a big fan.
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Everyone always raves about this, and I tried it multiple times but it didn't work for me. On the bright side, I like the smell and the gentle, creamy feel of it; it doesn't irritate my spots. However, over time I felt like it wasn't cleaning my skin enough (yet somehow it still managed to dry out my chin like nothing else lol). I prefer CeraVe. I have combination/oily skin.