Page 2 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 550 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 07/02/2015 23:12 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

Finally!
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

This is the ONLY cleanser I have been able to use with my cystic acne. It does not irritate my skin. I actually started buying the knock off version because it has one less ingredient. I am convinced it works because it doesn't have a lot of stuff in it compared to others. I have never used the bar version because I read it is bad for acne prone skin.... Anyway, give it a try!

good cleanser
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

it helps to cleanse your face only, not very effective on acne, I'd suggest using an actual prescription for pimples. I use this daily, at night before I sleep and in the morning and the results are great - have smooth skin and helps reduce build up in oils, this is a great cleanser for all skin types

best non-irritating cleanser i've used
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

cetaphil is so so so gentle and washes all the dirt and oil rite off your face in the morning and before bed.i would tell anyone with sensative skin to use it

genital but not effective
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

I can see why people really like this, but for me it isnt effective. i used it for a month and my break outs got worse. i have a very regimented skin care and i only swap out one thing at a time. i decided to give this a shot since everyone recommends it. it doesnt seem to pull all the oil off my face and after using it for a month my skin was just so oily trying to put make up on was difficult.

use it every day
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

i really like this product.

it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth without drying it out or making it oily.

i use this with the regimen instead of the acne.org cleanser and it's awesome

some people may say it doesnt really feel like it's cleaning the skin since it's so smooth and doesnt foam but i think it does since i havent had any acne

just in case though, i wash my face twice in a row to make sure it's really cleaning it

also, it's very cheap and you can buy it everywhere so thats nice :)

by Andralodo on 12/31/2014 13:10
Do you use a moisturizer after it??
The best
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

It doesn't treat acne, but is great for gently cleaning skin before using acne spot treatment. I have very sensitive skin and this feels great

i think its okay
Reviewed on November 22, 2014

By me having really bad skin. I constantly scratch my face a lot or try to pop the pimples instead. Which left ugly blackheads and black marks on my face. I lliterally hated the way I look but when using cetaphil it instantly made a glowing look and you can see how the acne or pimples go away or at least get way smaller

Good Product
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I used to use this product everyday for a year as my morning and night facial cleanser... it didn't dry out my skin and got rid of any excess oils. I didn't really find that helped me (personally) to keep acne away; it simply kept what I had from getting worse. If you want to get rid of acne, I suggest using something else. However, as a daily wash to get rid of oil build up, this is a great product!

lovely face wash
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

I love that it has gentle ingredients and did not worsen my skin. It does what it is supposed to do and does not leave my face feeling tight or stripped. The faint smell reminds me of my medication I had as a young toddler for my breathing problems, not a bad thing though :). I just wish it didn't have SLS.

Most products break me out. This doesn't. [Update: actually, it's not too great for me]
Reviewed on September 25, 2014

I'm a 28 year old male that has very sensitive skin. Between my teen years and to about 23 years old I had mild to moderate and fairly persistent acne. When I look back I think certain products (face washes bought at Boots etc) made it even worse.

Anyway my skin started to clear up for the most part when I was 25. At the time I was using something called Nivea For Men - Sensitive Face Wash. The old formula (which has now apparently been discontinued in the UK; the new one is baaaaad) worked fairly well. I then moved to Pakistan for a while and discovered one of the best face washes I ever used which is known as 'Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash'. I then moved back to the UK and so unfortunately it was no longer available. I then started using something called 'BioEnergy Aloe Vera Bath Gel'. This is in fact hands down the single best face wash (well, 'technically' a 'bath gel') I ever used in my life but unfortunately it was a hotel, single serving bath gel. Can you believe that? A simple hotel product was the best face wash I ever found, despite all the nonsense and marketing they have on mainstream OTC products.

I tried going back to the Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash once the BioEnergy had finished but I learned that they had changed their formula and it broke me out. Dismayed, I tried a whole other bunch of products from shops and they all broke me out. Believe me, it wasn't just my skin being bad on its own, it was the products themselves. I even tried a product that gets recommended often: 'Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin' and that also broke me out.

I didn't think anything was gonna work so I went back to plain old Palmolive soap. I don't break out with soap but the flipside is it makes my skin irritable and dry, all reddish looking. Not nice.

So on a whim I decided to order Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser online and thank God it actually works. I've been using this product and since I've started I am again, at last, completely break out free. I don't think this product will take your acne away if you get it regardless of the products you use, but if your skin is anything like mine, it won't aggravate your skin and make it worse. My skin is dependent on the product entirely. Many things break me out but this one doesn't and so I'm finally clear again.

There is one con however. I get a very very mild burning sensation when I use it in the shower. It's extremely mild but I do definitely get it. I still give this product five stars though because so many other crappy ones break me out so now that I've finally found something that works again it feels like a godsend. You should remember however that skin is very subjective, of course. Just because this worked for me doesn't mean that it will necessarily work for you. From my experience this is the third best face wash I've ever used. You can see them below:

1. BioEnergy - bath gel - aloe vera (Only available at some hotels!)

2. Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash (Pakistan only)

3. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

4. Nivea Sensitive Face Wash for Men (OLD formula only; discontinued in the UK)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

UPDATE: I'm sorry but it seems I kind of jumped the gun with this product. I see from the review that I wrote this on September 25th, and I've been using the product for a full month now. Unfortunately I also break out with this product. The reason why I was so amazed by it at first was because it was definitely an improvement on what I was using before it, but sadly I still break out with this, just not as much. I really wish i still had access to Saeed Ghani Cucumber wash or that amazing 'BioEnergy' hotel product.

Oh well, back to the drawing board in search of something that works...

by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 08:38
When you using cetaphil in 1st week your pimples will appear? Because on me when i using it my pimples will appear and all of my white heads on my nose is very easy to remove
by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 09:10