Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 06/30/2016 04:50 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 06/30/2016 03:10 UTC

It's a meh
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

My friend recommended me this so I tried it out. After the first wash, it felt ok so I tried it out more. After often washing, I noticed that it doesn't really help with acne. So if you're just looking for a cleanser that cleanses well here it is.

Not a big fan.
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Everyone always raves about this, and I tried it multiple times but it didn't work for me. On the bright side, I like the smell and the gentle, creamy feel of it; it doesn't irritate my spots. However, over time I felt like it wasn't cleaning my skin enough. My skin started to develop a sticky, oily texture even just after washing because the cleanser never fully cleaned it (yet somehow it still managed to dry out my chin like nothing else lol). If you're going to try this I would use it as a morning cleanser with something a little bit stronger for the night time. I find that using a gentle scrub at night works best for me to cleanse/brighten my skin, and help with excess oil. I have combination/oily skin.

Loving it!
Reviewed on June 25, 2016

Let me start off by saying that I was blessed with flawless skin until about age 20. I am now 22 and recently stopped taking BC because I was having bad side effects, and since then i've been experiencing a lot more break outs. Last week, however, was the worst break out of my life. I used one of those eyebrow razors to take off some peach fuzz on my face and had a horrible reaction the following few days. My entire jaw, chin, sides of my mouth, and upper neck broke out with red, painful pimples. I woke up to two or three new blemishes every day last week. I panicked, and ran to the drug store and bought a few clean & clear face washes/scrubs, which I must have over done because it only made the problem worse. Then I took to the internet and started reading about how Cetaphil had been used as a gentle cleanser and might help. I immediately ran out and bought two things- Garnier Micellar Water to take off my makeup (I had usually used wipes but I thought this might be better) and a huge bottle of Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I have been using the two products every day (with the occasional spot treatment) for about 5 days now and my acne has completely cleared up. I am so pleased with this product and love how it feels. Sometimes I wash it off, sometimes I pat it gently and leave a thin film on my face like the bottle advises. It has helped with the drying that the clean & clear scrub did to my face, cleans, and generally just feels good on the skin. Normally I do not like products that don't lather, but this one is a game changer for me.

Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

This cleanser is a godsend to those of us who are using any kind of topical cream with a drying active ingredient. There's a reason dermatologists recommend this cleanser above all others.

Dried out my skin, not good for being on the regimen.
Reviewed on June 19, 2016

Dried my skin out and not keen on it because it doesn't lather up at all so you can glide your hands across your face.

This works very well, but for sensitive skin!
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

Love, love, love! Highly recommend this for how sensitive it is on your skin. For me, I have really sensitive skin and anything harsh makes me breakout. I have been using this for 5 years, and it has always done the job of cleaning my face, as well as not getting too dry or making me breakout. TRY IT!

Gentle and Affordable
Reviewed on June 3, 2016

If you are treating your acne with some kind of drying topical, this cleanser is your best bet to keep it from stripping your skin. It is gentle and mild and if you buy the big bottle, it would last your for months. Making this one of the most affordable cleansers you can find.

One of the things I like about this is it doesn't foam up so to me it feels like I'm moisturizing the skin instead of washing off the oils. It cleans your skin in a way that doesn't leave it tight or tingly.

dry out!
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I decided to buy this cleanser because of the hype surrounding it claiming it's really gentle and great for sensitive skin. However, this cleanser dried out my face like crazy! It also led to me getting clogged pores due to my dry surface skin. Probably due to the sls that they use in it.

the best
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

the best cleanser for sensitive skin ever! I've used this cleanser for 10+ years, and absolutely love it! unfortunately it does not foam or remove makeup. but it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all!

Just Okay
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

If you're looking for a gentle cleanser then this is it.