Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 11/29/2014 02:16 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

i think its okay
Reviewed on November 22, 2014

By me having really bad skin. I constantly scratch my face a lot or try to pop the pimples instead. Which left ugly blackheads and black marks on my face. I lliterally hated the way I look but when using cetaphil it instantly made a glowing look and you can see how the acne or pimples go away or at least get way smaller

Good Product
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I used to use this product everyday for a year as my morning and night facial cleanser... it didn't dry out my skin and got rid of any excess oils. I didn't really find that helped me (personally) to keep acne away; it simply kept what I had from getting worse. If you want to get rid of acne, I suggest using something else. However, as a daily wash to get rid of oil build up, this is a great product!

lovely face wash
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

I love that it has gentle ingredients and did not worsen my skin. It does what it is supposed to do and does not leave my face feeling tight or stripped. The faint smell reminds me of my medication I had as a young toddler for my breathing problems, not a bad thing though :). I just wish it didn't have SLS.

Most products break me out. This doesn't. [Update: actually, it's not too great for me]
Reviewed on September 25, 2014

I'm a 28 year old male that has very sensitive skin. Between my teen years and to about 23 years old I had mild to moderate and fairly persistent acne. When I look back I think certain products (face washes bought at Boots etc) made it even worse.

Anyway my skin started to clear up for the most part when I was 25. At the time I was using something called Nivea For Men - Sensitive Face Wash. The old formula (which has now apparently been discontinued in the UK; the new one is baaaaad) worked fairly well. I then moved to Pakistan for a while and discovered one of the best face washes I ever used which is known as 'Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash'. I then moved back to the UK and so unfortunately it was no longer available. I then started using something called 'BioEnergy Aloe Vera Bath Gel'. This is in fact hands down the single best face wash (well, 'technically' a 'bath gel') I ever used in my life but unfortunately it was a hotel, single serving bath gel. Can you believe that? A simple hotel product was the best face wash I ever found, despite all the nonsense and marketing they have on mainstream OTC products.

I tried going back to the Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash once the BioEnergy had finished but I learned that they had changed their formula and it broke me out. Dismayed, I tried a whole other bunch of products from shops and they all broke me out. Believe me, it wasn't just my skin being bad on its own, it was the products themselves. I even tried a product that gets recommended often: 'Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin' and that also broke me out.

I didn't think anything was gonna work so I went back to plain old Palmolive soap. I don't break out with soap but the flipside is it makes my skin irritable and dry, all reddish looking. Not nice.

So on a whim I decided to order Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser online and thank God it actually works. I've been using this product and since I've started I am again, at last, completely break out free. I don't think this product will take your acne away if you get it regardless of the products you use, but if your skin is anything like mine, it won't aggravate your skin and make it worse. My skin is dependent on the product entirely. Many things break me out but this one doesn't and so I'm finally clear again.

There is one con however. I get a very very mild burning sensation when I use it in the shower. It's extremely mild but I do definitely get it. I still give this product five stars though because so many other crappy ones break me out so now that I've finally found something that works again it feels like a godsend. You should remember however that skin is very subjective, of course. Just because this worked for me doesn't mean that it will necessarily work for you. From my experience this is the third best face wash I've ever used. You can see them below:

1. BioEnergy - bath gel - aloe vera (Only available at some hotels!)

2. Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash (Pakistan only)

3. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

4. Nivea Sensitive Face Wash for Men (OLD formula only; discontinued in the UK)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

UPDATE: I'm sorry but it seems I kind of jumped the gun with this product. I see from the review that I wrote this on September 25th, and I've been using the product for a full month now. Unfortunately I also break out with this product. The reason why I was so amazed by it at first was because it was definitely an improvement on what I was using before it, but sadly I still break out with this, just not as much. I really wish i still had access to Saeed Ghani Cucumber wash or that amazing 'BioEnergy' hotel product.

Oh well, back to the drawing board in search of something that works...

by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 08:38
When you using cetaphil in 1st week your pimples will appear? Because on me when i using it my pimples will appear and all of my white heads on my nose is very easy to remove
by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 09:10
by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 14:11
Did not cause any problems but..
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

Overall an ok product because it has only a few ingredients and I did not have a bad reaction to it but at the same time I did not feel like it cleaned very well so it's just ok.

Great Gentle Cleanser!
Reviewed on October 21, 2014

I have severe Cystic jawline Acne, many soaps and so called Acne Cleanser just made my acne worse, then I finally found Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and WOW! No irritation left behind at all! It won't cure acne, but it will help prevent new acne, while soothing the skin, oppose to attacking it. A must buy for somebody looking for a nice gentle cleanser for their face.

awsome
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I have very sensitive skin and most products brake me out but this doesnt! and it makes my skin feel so soft aswell!!

Defenitely one of the best out there!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This is one of the best cleansers that i have ever used and i have been using it since then. It cleanses my pores deeply and yet it doesnt leave my skin too dry or oily. I would definitely recommend this because it is a REALLY gentle cleanser that doesnt cause breakouts AT ALL!!

Great for sensitive skin
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

I found that my previous cleanser was way too harsh on my skin. I was red, itching, and flaking. I started using this product twice a day in combination with my BHA lotion and my skin looks so healthy. I don't recommend this product for clearing up acne (although it does NOT cause acne), but if you are using other products that contain SA or BP and are just looking for something that will hydrate and gently cleanse your skin, this is a great purchase. It also does not remove makeup. I wear makeup almost everyday, so I just use makeup removing wipes prior to washing my skin, and it works out just fine.

Great buy if you want something gentle and use in combination with a toner and BHA!

A good soap but wish it would be SLS free!
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

Unfortunately, it does contain SLS. Why? I wish there was an SLS free version.

Good soap overall. Didn't break me out. Didn't prevent breakouts. Neutral.