Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 531 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/22/2014 12:00 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

Great Gentle Cleanser!
Reviewed on October 21, 2014

I have severe Cystic jawline Acne, many soaps and so called Acne Cleanser just made my acne worse, then I finally found Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and WOW! No irritation left behind at all! It won't cure acne, but it will help prevent new acne, while soothing the skin, oppose to attacking it. A must buy for somebody looking for a nice gentle cleanser for their face.

awsome
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I have very sensitive skin and most products brake me out but this doesnt! and it makes my skin feel so soft aswell!!

Defenitely one of the best out there!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This is one of the best cleansers that i have ever used and i have been using it since then. It cleanses my pores deeply and yet it doesnt leave my skin too dry or oily. I would definitely recommend this because it is a REALLY gentle cleanser that doesnt cause breakouts AT ALL!!

Most products break me out. This doesn't.
Reviewed on September 25, 2014

I'm a 28 year old male that has very sensitive skin. Between my teen years and to about 23 years old I had mild to moderate and fairly persistent acne. When I look back I think certain products (face washes bought at Boots etc) made it even worse.

Anyway my skin started to clear up for the most part when I was 25. At the time I was using something called Nivea For Men - Sensitive Face Wash. The old formula (which has now apparently been discontinued in the UK; the new one is baaaaad) worked fairly well. I then moved to Pakistan for a while and discovered one of the best face washes I ever used which is known as 'Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash'. I then moved back to the UK and so unfortunately it was no longer available. I then started using something called 'BioEnergy Aloe Vera Bath Gel'. This is in fact hands down the single best face wash (well, 'technically' a 'bath gel') I ever used in my life but unfortunately it was a hotel, single serving bath gel. Can you believe that? A simple hotel product was the best face wash I ever found, despite all the nonsense and marketing they have on mainstream OTC products.

I tried going back to the Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash once the BioEnergy had finished but I learned that they had changed their formula and it broke me out. Dismayed, I tried a whole other bunch of products from shops and they all broke me out. Believe me, it wasn't just my skin being bad on its own, it was the products themselves. I even tried a product that gets recommended often: 'Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin' and that also broke me out.

I didn't think anything was gonna work so I went back to plain old Palmolive soap. I don't break out with soap but the flipside is it makes my skin irritable and dry, all reddish looking. Not nice.

So on a whim I decided to order Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser online and thank God it actually works. I've been using this product and since I've started I am again, at last, completely break out free. I don't think this product will take your acne away if you get it regardless of the products you use, but if your skin is anything like mine, it won't aggravate your skin and make it worse. My skin is dependent on the product entirely. Many things break me out but this one doesn't and so I'm finally clear again.

There is one con however. I get a very very mild burning sensation when I use it in the shower. It's extremely mild but I do definitely get it. I still give this product five stars though because so many other crappy ones break me out so now that I've finally found something that works again it feels like a godsend. You should remember however that skin is very subjective, of course. Just because this worked for me doesn't mean that it will necessarily work for you. From my experience this is the third best face wash I've ever used. You can see them below:

1. BioEnergy - bath gel - aloe vera (Only available at some hotels!)

2. Saeed Ghani Cucumber Face Wash (Pakistan only)

3. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

4. Nivea Sensitive Face Wash for Men (OLD formula only; discontinued in the UK)

Hope this helps! Good luck!

by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 08:38
When you using cetaphil in 1st week your pimples will appear? Because on me when i using it my pimples will appear and all of my white heads on my nose is very easy to remove
by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 09:10
by carlo1212 on 10/04/2014 14:11
Great for sensitive skin
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

I found that my previous cleanser was way too harsh on my skin. I was red, itching, and flaking. I started using this product twice a day in combination with my BHA lotion and my skin looks so healthy. I don't recommend this product for clearing up acne (although it does NOT cause acne), but if you are using other products that contain SA or BP and are just looking for something that will hydrate and gently cleanse your skin, this is a great purchase. It also does not remove makeup. I wear makeup almost everyday, so I just use makeup removing wipes prior to washing my skin, and it works out just fine.

Great buy if you want something gentle and use in combination with a toner and BHA!

A good soap but wish it would be SLS free!
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

Unfortunately, it does contain SLS. Why? I wish there was an SLS free version.

Good soap overall. Didn't break me out. Didn't prevent breakouts. Neutral.

leaves skin oily still
Reviewed on September 1, 2014

it doesn't do anything for me, just stings and leaves my face oily still.

Love
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

Years ago my dermatologist recommended this product but I was extremely skeptical and didn't use it. I found the sample bottle in the back of my pantry and decided to try it out. I absolutely love it. It's gentle but my skin still feels clean. It doesn't dry me out either. Instead of having a steady amount of pimples on my face I've gone to only hormonal breakouts on my chin each month.

For everyone who is skeptical like I was I would definitely give it a try. It's a great product for a great price.

Recommend this product a million times over and over again
Reviewed on August 20, 2014

This liquid cleanser is a great for sensitive skin because it doesn't cause any irritation and it is scent-free. It also contains the oily skin types by not over drying. I have been using this for over 2 years and I also recommend this fantastic blog that helped me as well: acnebegone.wix. com/feelyourselfagain

FYI - need to remove the space before "com"

Cetaphil is the Best!!!!!
Reviewed on August 18, 2014

I am Madison. I am 16 years old and i have been using cetephil since 7th grade. My face is really oily and i get ance really quick from my skin being so oily. And also the sun break my face out too. Moving right along, i been using the gentle skin cleaner and the spf15 suncreen and it help me so must. I couldnt ask for a better ance control face wash than cetephil.