Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:14 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 10/01/2016 02:27 UTC

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Strange texture, leaves your face feeling dirty
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

This cleanser has never left my face feeling clean and soft. Instead, the strange, thick consistency has always made me worry it was clogging my pores. It didn't cause a massive breakout, but it certainly did nothing to help with existing chin breakouts or allow my skin to breathe. In fact, the cleanser always left my face feeling unclean yet strangely dehydrated at the same time. The cetearyl alcohol is quite irritating to me, I've discovered, so I stopped using it. [Not to mention that it contains harmful parabens, which not only cause cancer but disrupt the endocrine system and may contribute to hormone imbalances.]

Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I would give this cleanser a 3/5 for me just because it does what it says and nothing else, its nothing special. It does not remove my make up, maybe if you wore light make up it would get the job done. While on accutane this is a good choice because it is just so gentle and basic but I dont see myself using this after accutane. But it does contain Alcohol and parabens which is disappointing it seems like a good gentle product but the ingredients throw me of.

Nice to Use on the Dan Kern Regimen
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Doesn't foam up, but that's okay because foaming cleansers tend to dry the skin. I squeeze/pump a generous amount into my palm, rub my hands together, and gently smooth the product across my face. Acne flourishes on rubbing of the skin and harsh cleansers. This one is so gentle, so it's great. But when you cleanse your face, do so incredibly carefully. The purpose of cleansing is to prime your skin for topical acne-medication. Don't disrupt your skin anymore than it already is by rubbing; just let the product do the work for you.

Reply me please
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I have tried this product for 1month but why i feel there's no change with my skin ?? How long it takes to remove my acne ? Someone can tell me ? I'm so appreciate that 😊😊

by sosickofzitz on 09/08/2016 20:08
cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, not an acne treatment. it's not likely to clear anything up on it's own. you need to pair it with some kind of treatment.
gentle but not my favorite.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

cetaphil...I like how it feels, non drying and moisturizing. I have trouble with moisturizers so I like to count this as one in my head. however, I don't think it cleans very well. I have oily skin and often still feel pretty oily right after cleaning. I don't wear makeup but don't imagine this would work very well to remove it. I use this when I feel like my skin needs it, but not on a regular basis. when I used it as a daily staple cleanser, I had an increase in clogged pores, which are my biggest issue. I dunno if it was the ingredients or if I need something stronger or what but it just didn't help.

The only face wash that works for me!!!!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I'm a 20yr old female in college. I had mild/moderate acne but after having my mirena IUD removed and starting Yaz bcp I had the most severe and horrific break out. My face was bright red and every single pore on my face seemed like it was a clogged pustule (the most horrendous word to exist). Before this monster break out, I had I've literally every face wash you can buy at the drug store and multiple of the expensive ones you can buy at Sephora and many, many natural options. I have very, very sensitive skin (literally infant sensitivity) and it's very reactive and it loves to get bright red and hot. Before the break out I had never used cetaphil before because I didn't think it would be strong enough to clear things up. After the severe break out my face was in so much pain from inflammation and from the pustules (that sh*t hurts and is so sensitive like I have two tattoos and I honestly think having my face tattooed for a few hours would be more pleasant) that everything felt painful and harsh. Until I found this face wash!!! It feels so nice and calming and pleasant on my face. After I rinse it off my face doesn't feel tight or raw or dry, it feels just pleasant and happy and clean! I can even use this twice a day without upsetting my face! Miracle!

by ErinSerrano on 10/01/2016 17:09
Did it get rid of the acne?
Disappointed (but not a complete loss)
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I was really excited to use this product because of all of the reviews saying how amazing it is. I have tried this product a couple of times and each time i used it for about 1-3 months. I noticed that the product smells very strong and is very drying for my skin. All in all i give this product a 3 star because it does clean the skin but its too drying for me.

Not a big fan.
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Everyone always raves about this, and I tried it multiple times but it didn't work for me. On the bright side, I like the smell and the gentle, creamy feel of it; it doesn't irritate my spots. However, over time I felt like it wasn't cleaning my skin enough (yet somehow it still managed to dry out my chin like nothing else lol). I prefer CeraVe. I have combination/oily skin.

there is no cleanse in this 'cleanser
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

Truthfully awful for me. Does not clean pores whatsoever even with a cleansing brush. I know many people swear by this but I can not relate in any way shape or form. Creates oil build up in my pores leading to redness and a bumpy texture. Causes breakouts every time I put it on my skin. Absolute worst skin care product I've ever used. This is just a personal review but I felt the need to share in case anyone else would come across it. If you have problem skin this is not the face wash for you, if you are looking for something for maybe a child to use I can see the relevance. Would not recommend if you're looking to treat break outs or looking to wash away anything but a light sweat. Only even selected a star because it's required.

Reviewed on July 29, 2016

I used this when I was on Accutane because of all the hype for this product. it didn't remove my makeup (concealer + mineral makeup) at all, even with a double cleanse. Expensive where I'm from as well.