Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
updated: 02/06/2016 17:00 UTC
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
updated: 02/06/2016 17:00 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 02/06/2016 18:42 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 02/06/2016 18:42 UTC

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No frills, cheap thrills.
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

I have been using this for about 2 weeks. Previously I was using Dove but I was finding it to be drying. I figured I would switch to a cream cleanser for a while. I tried Cerave (both foaming and hydrating) and both caused breakouts in places there was none before. I read that sometimes ceramides clog pores for some and so, I stopped using them and any thing else for a bit. I began using this because they sell travel sized bottles for 2 bucks at the local pharmacy. Being both broke and kinda ugly I thought what have I got to lose?

So far, Ive only lost three dollars. Gains? soft, even toned skin that I get compliments on, wow that's thrilling, but it may be temporary. Will update in three weeks.

I want to add as a disclaimer I am also using homemade Vit C Serum (I've been using it for three years, same recipe) and complex 15.

it is good!
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

i have mild acne and very sensitive skin i use this as a toner and then use other product as a cleanser and it helps me alot for my skin

it takes two or three...to tango!
Reviewed on January 8, 2016

i usually had clear skin, even skin toned in my teenage years, mild breakouts to describe. Ive got moderate acne in college, moderate for me because of blackheads, whiteheads and pustules, minimal occurence of cystic forms. Ive done treatment with both oral and topical antibiotics, AHA, BHA, Retinoic, Salicylic acid, not all at the same time and same form, but in many different situation in two or more combination of either in cream or solution forms. treatment works, CLEAR skin, but in the long run, it DRIES my skin only to found out red, flat, shiny, painful and itchy patches on the skin, that is getting more oily and acne prone.

that is when i used cetaphil as my gentle cleanser. my dermatologist, used to prescribe me together with the topical medication, a very gentle cleanser from her line of acne treatment products.

verdict: Cetaphil is a very good gentle cleanser for dry skin caused by any disease or medication. As it subsided the redness, and itchiness after washing, no flakiness, or tightning effect, maybe my incorporation of Calamine lotion (1:4calamine, 3:4 cetaphil), makes it more potent to soothe my dry,flaky skin. its safe to follow, that its good also to oily skin because on the first place you should treat the condition with such drying formulations,making the skin prone to drying:)

P.S. treating acne requires no ultimate product! its actually a combination of products that prohibits rather than inhibits one another. just like, correlating your external condition internally:)

by Human Doing on 01/31/2016 08:42
please cclarify your grammar :$ I can't understand after "it's safe to follow" idk what the even means...?
by Beauty Enthusiast on 02/06/2016 10:14
I believe the real thought on this review is understandable without the "safe to follow" phrase. Thank you sir/maam:)
by Beauty Enthusiast on 02/06/2016 10:14
the best for sensitive skin
Reviewed on December 23, 2015

i had a lot of acne before and i went to see dermatologist and he recommended me this product it helps me a lot with my skin personally it works very well for me with BP i will continue use this cleanser i love love cetaphil

Meh.
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

This cleanser is equivalent to washing your face with water.

Cleanses without stripping the skin!
Reviewed on September 19, 2015

Ive had mild acne for a couple years now and have purchased countless products to try and combat my breakouts.

This cleanser is great for daily washing. I use it morning and night religiously. I dont think it does an awful lot to actually treat acne in any way, but does help to soothe and wash the skin from any dirt that gets built up throughout the day. Also ive found that it does remove oiliness from the skin however doesn't strip it entirely, which is really important when trying to fight acne.

Furthermore, it hasnt caused me any severe breakouts or further irritation. Id recommend sticking with it and giving it an honest go!

dried out skin and created a rash
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

used this before I started getting acne. TOTALLY dried out the skin AND gave me a horrible and irritating rash that was very inflammed. it did cleanse m face well before the rash and drying came, but it was probably one of the products that caused acne for me :(

by Human Doing on 01/31/2016 08:44
Are you talking about the daily cleanser by Cetaphil?
Love
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

My favorite gentle face wash, cleanses skin without drying it out! Love it! Leaves skin baby soft when I use my clarisonic with it! Don't be scared that it doesn't foam up, it still is getting your skin clean! It's just not stripping away all of the moisture in your skin.

Gives my face a clean feeling without tightness
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

I'm using this product while on Accutane. It is not irritating. At first, I was disappointed that it doesn't lather, but I got used to that very quickly and I don't mind it anymore. The amount goes a long way for the price, and it does a great job of taking off my pur minerals foundation.

Good but not great for me
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

I have been experiencing moderate adult acne for the past 3 months that is driving my crazy i am 29 lighter skin African American with combination skin I have always had clear skin and I'm not exactly sure why I have been breaking out so bad My best guess is hormones & stress I have big painful pumps under the skin & small pumps on the surface along with dark acne scars it's just so upsetting I have been using cetaphil for a month now & I can say it leaves my skin very smooth it hasn't stopped my breakouts but it has slightly kept them under control I wash my face once some times twice a day I just recently start letting it sit on my face for about 30min or a little less instead of washing it right off this seem to help calm my breakouts a little faster I rinse with hot water as hot as I can stand it followed by cold & pat dry with paper towel I do not use wash rags on my face overall cetaphil is an ok product but I think I'm going to try something else cause as I said before it hasn't stopped my breakouts & im looking for a product to stop them & also clear up my dark scars

by Mia7485 on 08/07/2015 19:24
Allowing a face wash to dry on your skin is going to block your pores. Not using a washcloth (more preferably a Clarisonic or something like that) to wash it off means there's probably soap residue left on your skin that you don't feel with your fingertips. That can lead to further breakouts. Hot water damages the healthy skin, compromising your skins ability to heal itself. Cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, but it doesn't contain anything that will help with active breakouts. Invest in a good Benzoyl Peroxide gel (not the grocery store kind... Vivant Skin Care makes a good one that cleared up my cystic breakouts). A Retin-A will clear up your dark spots, or a chemical peel from a specialist.
by Lamberto413 on 08/09/2015 05:26
hi tierra! i have been having these same exact kind of breakouts myself lately. they are mostly all located all along my jawline. i have really oily skin and have definitely had breakouts here and there but nothing like i have been dealing with lately. the reason why im commenting back to you is because i ended up going to see an esthetician and getting a facial at a local spa in my area. this was my i was surprised when she told me she bel
by Lamberto413 on 08/09/2015 05:34
sorry, my comment posted and i wasnt finished. lol like i was saying...i seen an esthetician as my final effort before seeing a dermatologist. i was really surprised to hear that she thinks my acne is due to the fact that i have the mirena iud. i dont know if this is the same for you but i figured i would let you know in case. apparently the jawline is a hormonal belt for women and due to the hormones the mirena has it can cause acne in some women. if youve found or tried any other cleansers that have helped your skin please let me know! i am on the hunt! lol