Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 550 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 07/07/2015 00:49 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

LOVE
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

I love love love Cetaphil products! It has helped clear up my skin, and keep it that way. If you haven't been using it long, your skin might go through a bit of a "detox" time where it looks like it is causing more breakouts. You just have to give it time and let it work its magic!

16 year old's review. LOVE THIS!!!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

My skin has been in its worst condition for the last 6 months. My skin was very bumpy and red. It looked awful. It honestly looked like I had a rash on my face, but it was acne. I usually don't wear face makeup, but when my skin was in this condition I relied on BB cream. Still, my skin looked like crap. I had used Clearasil products for a really long time, and I think my skin has some type of reaction. My skin is now extremely sensitive so I began using this product. After the first three days, I noticed my skin was softening. It no longer felt so rough. After 6 weeks, my skin looks almost 100% better and my forehead is virtually clear. I use this product morning and night, but at night I apply the Clearasil benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid gels on my face. These two products mixed together really help my skin, and I have no reaction. Also, every 1 or 2 weeks I exfoliate with a natural exfoliator from Sally Hansen. The cleanser is a little drying, so I apply Pond's dry skin moisturizer in the morning and it keeps my skin soft and protected from the sun. I recommend this cleanser to anyone who is struggling with acne, and feels like this is their last hope. It certainly has helped me a lot. Definitely try this product!!!!

by Sheppard100 on 06/11/2015 22:44
The exfoliator I use is actually from the Queen Helene line
In love with this product
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I'm a beauty therapist and this has been recommend to me by a dermatologist and doctor. Most people say it causes them breakout but the truth is that you have used crap products that have striped and made your skin sensitive and this balances it out it may take a little while but it is worth it. I recommend to all my clients on a daily basis

My holy grail
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I love love love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin so this is gentle enough for me. I started using this cleanser on accutane and it made my skin feel so smooth. It is the only thing I use for my face right now along with the Cetaphil moisturizer. Cetaphil is the way to go!

DO NOT USE CONTAINS SLS WHICH CAN CAUSE ACNE
Reviewed on March 8, 2015

I have combination/sensitive skin and had light acne when i started using this product before i was using a salicylic acid acne treatment but i heard salicylic acid can be to irritating for sensitive skin so i switched to Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser. After using this product for about 2 months my acne became much worse. I found out one of its main ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate can dry/irritate skin and is HIGHLY Comedogenic! I now use honey to cleanse my face and my face is still healing from the breakouts caused by this product. Ever since i stopped using this product i have not seen any new breakouts. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

awsome
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

This is really good, but as with any cleanser it takes a little time getting used to :)

Good for dry/sensitive. Okay for oily skin in the AM.
Reviewed on February 19, 2015

Cetaphil Gentle is a non-lathering cleanser that does not strip your skin at all. However, really oily folks may not feel like their pores are getting a good enough clean. And makeup-lovers will definitely need to supplement this cleanser with a real makeup remover. With lighter makeup, though, you might be able to simply double-cleanse.

Lastly, the texture is very thin and watery, so you have to use a lot, unlike thicker non-lathering cleansers like the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser.

Overall, great for sensitive and dry skin! But for oily skin, it's probably better as a morning cleanser, when you're not cleaning off as much oil or daytime debris, pollution, etc.

Side note: Some people seriously question Cetaphil's ingredients. If you want, you can read more at "Why Cetaphil Is the Devil" by the Beautybets website.

Cetaphil is a Yess.
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

I Love This Cleanser <3 . Works well for my dry skin. This product helps my skin alot. I've only used this for a month so far. I will continue with this product & nothing else.

Long standing favourite
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

This has always been a favourite of mine, but has been particularly good for my skin during my accutane treatment, and has irritated my now-sensitive skin.

Fantastic for Dry/Sensitive Skin
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

I particularly recommend this cleanser for use during accutane (since that is the context in which I used it), but it is excellent for those with sensitive or dry skin in general. I first became acquainted with Cetaphil products through the acne.org forums, just before I began my accutane course in December 2009. I needed to find a gentle cleanser and quality moisturizer to get me through the dryness that was to come. Once accutane dried my skin out, I started using this cleanser and continued all the way through my course. The combination of this and a good moisturizer prevented my skin from ever feeling overly dry or irritated during my accurtane course. I really could not have asked for a better cleanser to use at a time when my skin was at its driest and most sensitive. I finished my course in the summer of 2010, and when my skin settled into normalcy (not too oily, not too dry), I switched to Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser and have been using that ever since.

My skin seems to love Cetaphil cleansers, whether during the hot/humid summers or frigid/dry winters of New England. They leave my face feeling thoroughly clean without the harsh, over-drying effects of foaming cleansers I'd previously used. But I do always quickly follow them with moisturizer in the mornings. The consistency of the Cetaphil cleansers in contrast to typical cleansers may take some getting used to, but I quickly grew to love the way they made my skin feel.

For those struggling with dryness and/or sensitivity (including those currently on accutane), I would recommend this gentle cleanser. If you find that it leaves your skin too oily, check out the daily facial cleanser.