Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 542 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 01/27/2015 08:50 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

Fantastic for Dry/Sensitive Skin
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

I particularly recommend this cleanser for use during accutane (since that is the context in which I used it), but it is excellent for those with sensitive or dry skin in general. I first became acquainted with Cetaphil products through the acne.org forums, just before I began my accutane course in December 2009. I needed to find a gentle cleanser and quality moisturizer to get me through the dryness that was to come. Once accutane dried my skin out, I started using this cleanser and continued all the way through my course. The combination of this and a good moisturizer prevented my skin from ever feeling overly dry or irritated during my accurtane course. I really could not have asked for a better cleanser to use at a time when my skin was at its driest and most sensitive. I finished my course in the summer of 2010, and when my skin settled into normalcy (not too oily, not too dry), I switched to Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser and have been using that ever since.

My skin seems to love Cetaphil cleansers, whether during the hot/humid summers or frigid/dry winters of New England. They leave my face feeling thoroughly clean without the harsh, over-drying effects of foaming cleansers I'd previously used. But I do always quickly follow them with moisturizer in the mornings. The consistency of the Cetaphil cleansers in contrast to typical cleansers may take some getting used to, but I quickly grew to love the way they made my skin feel.

For those struggling with dryness and/or sensitivity (including those currently on accutane), I would recommend this gentle cleanser. If you find that it leaves your skin too oily, check out the daily facial cleanser.

Finally!
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

This is the ONLY cleanser I have been able to use with my cystic acne. It does not irritate my skin. I actually started buying the knock off version because it has one less ingredient. I am convinced it works because it doesn't have a lot of stuff in it compared to others. I have never used the bar version because I read it is bad for acne prone skin.... Anyway, give it a try!

good cleanser
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

it helps to cleanse your face only, not very effective on acne, I'd suggest using an actual prescription for pimples. I use this daily, at night before I sleep and in the morning and the results are great - have smooth skin and helps reduce build up in oils, this is a great cleanser for all skin types

best non-irritating cleanser i've used
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

cetaphil is so so so gentle and washes all the dirt and oil rite off your face in the morning and before bed.i would tell anyone with sensative skin to use it

genital but not effective
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

I can see why people really like this, but for me it isnt effective. i used it for a month and my break outs got worse. i have a very regimented skin care and i only swap out one thing at a time. i decided to give this a shot since everyone recommends it. it doesnt seem to pull all the oil off my face and after using it for a month my skin was just so oily trying to put make up on was difficult.

use it every day
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

i really like this product.

it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth without drying it out or making it oily.

i use this with the regimen instead of the acne.org cleanser and it's awesome

some people may say it doesnt really feel like it's cleaning the skin since it's so smooth and doesnt foam but i think it does since i havent had any acne

just in case though, i wash my face twice in a row to make sure it's really cleaning it

also, it's very cheap and you can buy it everywhere so thats nice :)

by Andralodo on 12/31/2014 13:10
Do you use a moisturizer after it??
The best
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

It doesn't treat acne, but is great for gently cleaning skin before using acne spot treatment. I have very sensitive skin and this feels great

i think its okay
Reviewed on November 22, 2014

By me having really bad skin. I constantly scratch my face a lot or try to pop the pimples instead. Which left ugly blackheads and black marks on my face. I lliterally hated the way I look but when using cetaphil it instantly made a glowing look and you can see how the acne or pimples go away or at least get way smaller

Good Product
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I used to use this product everyday for a year as my morning and night facial cleanser... it didn't dry out my skin and got rid of any excess oils. I didn't really find that helped me (personally) to keep acne away; it simply kept what I had from getting worse. If you want to get rid of acne, I suggest using something else. However, as a daily wash to get rid of oil build up, this is a great product!

lovely face wash
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

I love that it has gentle ingredients and did not worsen my skin. It does what it is supposed to do and does not leave my face feeling tight or stripped. The faint smell reminds me of my medication I had as a young toddler for my breathing problems, not a bad thing though :). I just wish it didn't have SLS.