Page 3 of Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz
updated: 08/01/2014 16:27 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)

Reviewed on July 26, 2008

I've used it only about half a week and i'm starting to dislike it. I think my skin is not compatitable or the formula or ingredients that are in it made my skin feel tight.

Reviewed on April 29, 2008

The product makes you feel fantastic but after using it less than a day before my face now had 2 large bumps on my cheek that were red and extremely prominent.However the cleanser that comes in the lotion form is really good.

Reviewed on March 28, 2008

This is great to use even if you don't have acne prone skin. It lathers up nicely, has a soft scent & your skin doesn't feel tight after use. Your skin actually FEELS clean!

Reviewed on February 28, 2008

A great cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin. Rich lather and pleasant scent

Reviewed on January 30, 2008

Overall, gentle yet affective.

Reviewed on November 7, 2007

This did not work well for me at all. When I used it, it did not rinse cleanly (even with a facial srubby pad) and it dried out my face and left it feeling "chalky". After I put on moisturizer, my skin still felt dry and itched all day. I have oily skin that is also sensitive so it is nearly impossible for me to find a good cleanser. The closest I've come is Lush Fresh Pharmacy, which has calamine in it which soothes skin, and it also takes most of the oil away. However, as with all Lush stuff, it's EXPENSIVE and I was hoping Cetaphil would be a cheaper alternative. Oh well.

Reviewed on September 29, 2007

People, This doesn't get rid of acne. That's not what it's intended for. It doesn't even say it does.It's just a gentle cleanser to prepare your face for the real acne killer, BP. I would highly reccomend this!

Reviewed on July 29, 2007

Since I can't buy any of DKR's products I was looking for an over-the-counter cleanser that would be very gentle with my face. With the reviews I found about the Cetaphil Bar, I decided to give it a try.

It's just perfect for me! I've been using liquid cleansers with BHA to exfoliate my skin, but even with moisturizers my face was extremely dry and itchy.

Now washing my face with it was the most important thing I did. I have some usual breakouts, but not as often as usual, and it happens when I don't wash and/or apply BP on my face.

Very good bar, specially when you shave!

Reviewed on May 19, 2007

Everybody's skin is different, so try a few different products and see which ones work best for your skin.

Reviewed on February 14, 2007

I use this in conjuntion with differin gel at night and the combo has given me perfect skin. i do like to use the liquid version to get rid of my face powder so i sometimes alternate between the two