Page 2 of Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

3.9/5 - 33 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz
updated: 10/24/2014 17:14 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)

Reviewed on August 29, 2010

I've been using this bar for over a year in conjunction with the regimen. overall it has certainly worked well, although I have still never been 100% clear. it does what Ken suggests a cleanser should, which is to clean your skin without having any anti-acne properties of its own.

because this cleanser is very mild and easy to use, I never really thought that much about it until I found out it was tested on animals. I plan on writing to Cetaphil to let them know how disappointed I am by this, and that they have lost my business until they reverse their practices. as much as I want clear skin I'm not okay with harming and killing animals to get it.

although I'm frustrated that I need to search for something new, this cleanser was not anything super special to being with, so perhaps my search will lead me to something better! off to scour this website for the next thing ...

Reviewed on June 16, 2010

Give it a try if you don't have sensitive skin.

Reviewed on April 8, 2010

I use to use proactiv for years. I became really sick of the amount of time it took, and i was convinced that it was giving me more acne. This bar has worked pretty well. Hasnt completely cleared everything up, still a pimple or two. My favorite part is the ease of using it, probably because I came from the 10 min long proactiv nightmare.

Reviewed on February 22, 2010

My skin has become quite dry and sensitive since using Spironolactone; I had to ditch the acne washes and find something specifically for dry skin; this does the trick! Cleasnes without overdrying. It's the perfect solution.

Reviewed on August 26, 2009

i love it. it has a great lather that feels so soft on my skin. instead of redness all over i just see freckles and skin.

Reviewed on July 22, 2009

Perfect for cleansing your face. Use it morning and night. My dermatologist also says it's probably the best facial cleanser to use.

Reviewed on June 23, 2009

DO NOT use this for your FACE. It will give you chronic dry, peeling skin. My face looks horrible after using this. I don't think this is meant for your face, mainly for your body. It's just too harsh and drying. Use, the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser instead. It's very gentle.

Reviewed on April 5, 2009

This is the best cleanser I've found yet. I recently had a very bad reaction to my regular regimin (don't know the trigger) but this has soothed my skin and kept it very clean and fresh-feeling. I bought it because my skin got very sensitive and dry, and the dryness is actually improving and my skin rarely flares up like it did before.

Reviewed on February 10, 2009

I have used this face soap for years and love it.. I just recently figured out how well it lathers. rub the bar in your hand for a while and then really rub your hands together and feel the lather.. the lather is so soft and seems to clean my skin a bit better. it cleans my makeup off well, doesn't make my skin feel dry like most other things i've tried, makes my skin pretty soft... overall, great soap.

Reviewed on November 29, 2008

bottom line is that i'd use this bar only as a last resort.