Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Average price: $4.78

Brand: Cetaphil

Most helpful review

By morgan, orlando, fl on 08/26/2009

i love it. it has a great lather that feels so soft on my skin. instead of redness all over i just see freckles and skin..

Pros:
  • makes my skin feel clean but not to dry. decreases the redness in my Irish skin. i can use it morning and night and my skin has just the right amount of oil on it.
Cons:
  • none. i don't have the sense of smell so to me it smells like air.

253 out of 425 people found this review helpful

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz
updated: 04/17/2014 11:27 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)

Member reviews

By on

I use to use proactiv for years. I became really sick of the amount of time it took, and i was convinced that it was giving me more acne. This bar has worked pretty well. Hasnt completely cleared everything up, still a pimple or two. My favorite part is the ease of using it, probably because I came from the 10 min long proactiv nightmare.

Pros

• Gives skin a nice looking tone.
  • Quick and easy to use
  • nice smell
  • comes in bar form

Cons

• surprisingly dries out my face, but everything does
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My skin has become quite dry and sensitive since using Spironolactone; I had to ditch the acne washes and find something specifically for dry skin; this does the trick! Cleasnes without overdrying. It's the perfect solution.

Pros

• cleanses without overdrying
  • removes makeup well

Cons

• medicine-like odor
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Pros

Cons

• none. i don't have the sense of smell so to me it smells like air.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Perfect for cleansing your face. Use it morning and night. My dermatologist also says it's probably the best facial cleanser to use.

Pros

• Does an excellent job cleansing the skin
  • Feels great on the skin while cleansing
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Cons

• Mild dryness after using it
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

DO NOT use this for your FACE. It will give you chronic dry, peeling skin. My face looks horrible after using this. I don't think this is meant for your face, mainly for your body. It's just too harsh and drying. Use, the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser instead. It's very gentle.

Pros

• Cleans face of dirt and makeup.

Cons

• KIlled my skin!!! DO NOT USE unless you want to end up with dry, peeling, leather-like skin. I used to have pretty normal looking skin ( texture) until I started using this. My skin is horrible now thanks to this. It resembles snake skin.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the best cleanser I've found yet. I recently had a very bad reaction to my regular regimin (don't know the trigger) but this has soothed my skin and kept it very clean and fresh-feeling. I bought it because my skin got very sensitive and dry, and the dryness is actually improving and my skin rarely flares up like it did before.

Pros

• Lathers well, smells nice (like any good soap), doesn't dry skin, rinses clean, soothes

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used this face soap for years and love it.. I just recently figured out how well it lathers. rub the bar in your hand for a while and then really rub your hands together and feel the lather.. the lather is so soft and seems to clean my skin a bit better. it cleans my makeup off well, doesn't make my skin feel dry like most other things i've tried, makes my skin pretty soft... overall, great soap.

Pros

• great overall face soap, good for sensitive skin, lathers really well

Cons

• its a bar?
  • moderate
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

bottom line is that i'd use this bar only as a last resort.

Pros

• cleans very well, maybe a little too well

Cons

• stripped my skin dry, smells a little strong, i didn't like the texture of the product on my fingers, very hard to lather, made my skin feel very tight
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Everyone's skin is different but it worked very well on my oily/dry combination skin. It has made all the difference for me, actually.

Pros

• I love the fragrance, it is cheap and it didn't leave my skin oily or dry and just left it feeling clean. Also it even reduced the redness to my skin from ance.

Cons

• None.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Not good for oily skin types, if your skin is dry from accutane maybe a good choice but if your dry from benzoyl peroxide or other drying topical products maybe you should think twice about using those harsh topicals.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Strong fragrance, also leaves an annoying film on my skin.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 6.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.