Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

3.9/5 - 33 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz
updated: 11/26/2014 14:13 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)

Amazing
Reviewed on October 21, 2014

If you have dry skin like myself this is the product for you. I was hesitant to use this because I initially thought that it would dry out my skin due to the fact that it replicates a bar of soap. I was extremely surprised to find out that not only did this cleansing bar not dry out my skin, but it seemed to lock in the moisture. This is the first over the counter product I have ever used that hasn't dried out my skin. Just to be clear, this is a cleanser, it's not going to fight your acne. When I began using this I was not using any acne creams with it and I broke out. This cleansing bar paired with an acne treatment works wonders. I live in Canada and it comes with a $2 off coupon every single time I buy it so it only ends up costing me $3, and it lasts about a month. Great value! If you are like me and have dry skin, this is a great product.

Did not see the difference
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

Did not really work for me.

Left skin feeling soft though.

But did not prevent breakouts on my skin.

If you're going to use a bar with The Regimen, this is a good choice
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

I used this bar for about a year, about 10 years ago. I tried it again recently and remember why I liked it. The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream."

Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

by Jennyplea on 05/22/2014 14:03
Sodium chloride is pore clogging according to research I have done on line so why does your website not identify it has pore clogging
Reviewed on May 27, 2013

My sister-in-law recommended this cleanser for me because I am prone to cysts. Using the cleanser in the morning and at night worked well and I noticed a decrease in my acne. I did find that after a while (as with all cleansers) my skin became "used to" the cleanser and began to break-out again. I now use this in the morning and a stronger cleanser to wash off my make-up at night that targets acne a little better.

Reviewed on December 4, 2011

My skin is oily, sensitive. I've got a lot of pimples on my forehead, and Cetaphil isn't clearing this off. My skin is still really oily and shiny after I use this bar.

The bar lasts long - but I've wanted to try the skin cleanser for a long time. It hasn't added to my pimples, hasn't irritated my skin (like other soap bars do), and is the best bar I've use for sensitive skin (only bar - maybe, that I've used).

For people who don't have oily skin and not much pimples, this is recommended.

Reviewed on April 17, 2011

I have bought this product yesterday and already saw a drastic change in my face. The troublesome whiteheads on both sides of my cheeks that were purging red decreased in size and redness. This bar smells good, helps clear up acne, doesn't clog your pores, and leaves your skin smooth and clear! I'm going to continue using and buying if effectiveness doesn't wear off.

Reviewed on February 9, 2011

I've had mild to moderate acne for almost 15 years and have tried many of the products on this site at one time or another. I wish I found this product sooner. It removes oil without over drying. I've never had a problem with redness or irritation. My skin feels comfortable. The other cleansers by this brand were either too drying, or left too much oil, but as Goldilocks would say, "This one is just right". Keep in mind, it's a cleanser, not a cure.

Reviewed on January 20, 2011

i love this. i'm a picker. i pick my pimples and make them bleed and scab. this is a miracle. its not only clearing out my pores and stopping new pimples, but its making the scabs i still have and the open ones heal seriously quick. the only thing i dont like is that i have seriously dry skin and this is seriously drying. considering its meant for dry skin...idk. its worth it. a moisturizer does the trick. so great. im forever with cetaphil!

Reviewed on December 2, 2010

OMG I am stocking up on this soap. I would give it 5 stars if it could remove all of my makeup as well, but I would really give it a 4.5

Reviewed on November 2, 2010

I use this every day in the morning to shave, and it serves that purpose well. However, at night I prefer to use the cetaphil liquid cleanser, which I simply find to be less drying (and thus less irritating).