Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash reviews

3.4/5 - 19 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA.

Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash, 8 oz
updated: 07/29/2016 18:34 UTC

Repurchased many times
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I struggle with face washes because I feel like my skin freaks out if I use something with one wrong ingredient. The acne.org wash caused severe irritation because of ONE frigging ingredient (White Oak Bark Extract). This is great and I have been using this for over a year, but it does leave my skin feeling dryer than I'd like. I rotate new products occasionally, but haven't found one that beats this.

Made it worse?
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Iv'e been using this cleanser for around 5 months after I came to an article saying the more acne treatment you use the more acne it causes. I stopped using this cleanser and now I use the Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and boom, dryness, redness, and breakouts suddenly reduced. If you have mild acne I would recommend not using that many treatments for your face, as it could make it worse.

Didn't really do anything for my oil
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

I didn't really see any improvement in the oiliness of my face when I used this product. I ended up passing it on to my younger siblings who said it worked great for them, and it helped clear up their acne within weeks. I guess it works for some but not for others.

Saving Grace!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I've used this stuff for years prior to starting the regimen and it worked well as a cleanser, got my makeup off, left my face feeling pleasantly tight but not dry, and gave a really smooth appearance. Occasionally I would need to use a moisturizer during the season changes, but it was never too drying. The Acne.org cleanser has been really painful to use but it leaves my face feeling the same way this stuff does once my face dries, so I really see no point in using it instead of Cetaphil, but I want to give the regimen a solid try before I give up on any of the individual components.

Burns!
Reviewed on July 13, 2015

Used it for first time..controlled oil but burns skin and makes it red! Never again

One of the best oil control wash out there!
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

Its pricey in Singapore here about $30 and can only be found in special clinics. However, its a great product mainly to control oil on my face. It helps with acne a bit too. I used about 1 month to see a difference. I hope my skin will be clearer in the future by using it regularly!

Works for now
Reviewed on April 3, 2015

I just recently switched to this, I've been using it for about a week now. I was using tea tree soap for months which didn't make a difference. This is a gentle cleanser for mild acne, I just don't recommend blending products with it

Love this
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

I love this face wash I have really sensitive skin I was using the Cetaphil cleanser before I tried this. I did not see a difference in my face when using the cleanser and I felt like my face was not being cleansed properly. I was told to try this and within 2 weeks I seen a massive difference within my skin. This is the first product I have used that I have not had a reaction to. To even out the dryness of my skin I use the Cetaphil dry, sensitive skin moisturizer and they work great together. Although this foam wash does tend to dry your skin so try using the moisturizer for dry skin. Definitely recommend trying this !!

Jono
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I've used this product for two weeks and it has made me breakout bad, I'm thinking of buying some other product. don"t think the foam cleanses deep enough but it smells nice that i can say.

Strongly recommend for oily skin!
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

I use this product regularly and it works for me. It dries it out my skin a bit but it balances out by the end of the day. Everybody's skin is different but if you have oily skin or combination skin give it a try!