Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash reviews

3.6/5 - 11 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA.

Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash, 8 oz
updated: 07/30/2014 07:07 UTC
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Foam Wash, 8 Fluid Ounce
updated: 07/30/2014 07:07 UTC

Jono
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I've used this product for two weeks and it has made me breakout bad, I'm thinking of buying some other product. don"t think the foam cleanses deep enough but it smells nice that i can say.

Strongly recommend for oily skin!
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

I use this product regularly and it works for me. It dries it out my skin a bit but it balances out by the end of the day. Everybody's skin is different but if you have oily skin or combination skin give it a try!

Not good at all!!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I don't have sensitive skin, but this made me breakout BAD!!! It burns a lot when put on, and causes my face to get red and VERY dry. My face looked like it had sunburn, it was peeling and bright red. Every time I moved my face, it would burn ALOT.

Works for me!
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I've been using this product on and off for about a year and a half, and I've been consistently washing my face twice a day for about 2 months (without even skipping a single day). this product is great to treat my light-moderate acne. One thing you need to know is that once you do breakout, this product doesn't have any salicylic acid in it so there's really nothing that will eliminate the acne. You will definitely breakout less frequently though!

Cetaphil :)
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

I use this everday, morning and night :). I love how my skin seems fresh afterwards. I love the fragrance too. Keeps my break outs under control..

Really gets the job done!
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I started using this cleanser 3 weeks ago. I use it in the morning and at night. I have found it really eliminates and diminishes the oil on my skin, but it doesn't not completely dry out my skin. My face is still left with a bit of natural shine. I have also found it helps cleanse and shrink pimples, and leaves my face feeling soft and clean. The only complaint I have is the fragrance. It is a little too strong for my liking, but it is not terrible. It does a really good job getting all the oil and dirt off my face that I can bypass the smell. Overall it is an amazing product, and I highly recommend for people with oily skin!

I like it
Reviewed on June 12, 2013

I have been using this product for probably about two weeks now. I do feel that it really cleanses well. I am still broken out; however I am hoping that this is just part of clearing my skin up (getting all of the nasties out!) I have noticed some clearing in some areas, though. I am going to stick with the cleanser, as well as the moisturizer, to see how it goes.

Reviewed on September 25, 2012

I had bad acne in high school, and 15 years later, I'm still battle with flare-ups. Always had very oily skin, and the derm recommended this recently. First, I don't really care for foam washes, as I never feel like I can get enough to put on my face. This stuff felt like a surface clean and not a deep clean, lacking the "freshness" of other cleansers I've used. So I first used it twice a day for one week as my only cleanser, broke out after a few days, then stopped. Went back to a Neutrogena cleanser and I cleared up within a few days. Waited one month, then used it again for 2 weeks, but this time in addition to Neutrogena, and broke out in the same way AGAIN. I stuck with it an extra week and the acne was persistent and unrelenting-- something new every day. Stopped using it and cleared up within a week. It did help cut back on oil, but getting the breakouts was not a good trade off. Based on the other reviews, it looks like it has worked well for other people, just didn't work for me.

Reviewed on August 7, 2012

Overall this cleanser gets the job done, is very gentle on my sensative, oily skin and helps reduce my sheening complexion when used in combination with the oil control moisturizer. My only complaint on the moisturizer is that it runs and becomes visable on my face when I sweat, which is a problem for me as an athlete. I use this cleanser and moisturizer in combination with Dan's BP and everything is going smoothely.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I had always used Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer on my skin, but found that the cleanser didn't clear out my excess oil well enough. Then they released this and I thought, what the heck! I bought it along with the accompanying spf30 moisturizer (also great, by the way). The fact that its a FOAMING wash (it comes out in foam form so you don't have to lather) is great because it means I can be even gentler on my skin. I've opted to use this cleanser, the spf30 moisturizer, and regular Cetaphil lotion rather than the acne.org cleanser and moisturizer. I still use the BP (which has worked well for me), and I just ordered the AHA+ to help with overall skin awesomeness! :D