Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion reviews

3.2/5 - 13 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia (Nut) Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ceteareth 20, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry, Sensitive Skin, 16 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:16 UTC

Listen to your skin.
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I use this lotion as it is on my face when it's super dry. When I'm oily and my face has many breakouts, I thin the consistency of the lotion with couple drops of water, mix, and I apply to my face. Listen to your skin and understand what kind of environment it needs. Sometimes it needs lots of hydration, sometimes it doesn't. This is all I do to my skin now. No harsh BP, glycolic acid, retinol, etc. Sud your face real good and get two types of moisturizers - one that's super hydrating and one that's very thin in consistency but does its job moisturizing. Or you can do what I do and save money. I recommend the acne.org moisturizer but it's too expensive for me, which is why I made the switch to the cetaphil daily advance lotion.

I hope this helps someone.

**I use the black african soap by Nubian Heritage. Make sure to sud it up real nice and apply only a bit of water to your face gradually while washing. So sud it up, apply to face and lather, get some water (very little) on your hands and lather face, get some more water and lather face, repeat until there are no suds on your face. This trick is something that made me love african black soap. If you sud and lather your face and immediately put a bunch of water on your face, it's not washing deep into your pores. You want to really work the soap into your face.

Not very good.
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

This stuff is not good for highly sensitive skin. I recommend most of the Cetaphil products besides this one. Definitely wasn't good at all. However, i do use it for my body because I don't want to waste the product, and it's okay for that.

Cetaphil is my choice.
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I love this lotion. It takes slightly longer to absorb than Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, but once it absorbs, my skin stays hydrated for a day or longer.

I think their are really to skin types, skin that thinks it makes sense to go without lotion and skin that grow scales if let unmoisturized. If one is in the first category then Cetaphil moisturizing lotion makes sense. However, if one is like me, in the second category, then Daily Advanced is like magic. After it absorbs.

Never used moisturiser regularly before
Reviewed on July 19, 2015

Im 25, have suffered genetic cystic acne since I was 12, and cetaphil moisturisers have been a god send!

My skin is hydrated all the time and it has caused no breakouts!

Also for $15 for 226gms... Best value ever.

Not my favourite
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I am usually a big fan of cetaphil products, however this one is not at the top of my list. While I find it has good moisturising properties, it leaves my face with a greasy sheen. I tend to only use it at night or when I am not going out. I'll continue to use it until it runs out, but I won't be repurchasing this one : (

Melissa, Alabama
Reviewed on November 30, 2012

I have tried several moisturizers including Aveeno, Olay, CeraVe, and Neutrogena but was never happy with any of them. They were either not moisturizing enough or they broke me out. But, I love Cetaphi DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion, unlike Cetaphil Moisture Lotion, it does not have cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20 right next to each other on the ingredient list, which we all know is highly comedogenic. And also, it goes well over the top of bp--no piling or balling up!

Anonymous
Reviewed on November 16, 2012

I actually just started moisturizing w/ aloe vera gel and mineral oil. They do the trick, are also cheap and don't make me look like I've got 2nd degree burns over my face.

Andy, TX
Reviewed on October 31, 2012

I used the cetaphil ultra hydrating lotion as my moisturizer for Dans' regimen (acne.org) and after applying this my face really burned/stinged im sure i had that reaction bc of BP (which is applied before the moisturizer) but i thought the irritation and redness would subside over time as my skin got use to it but it didn't . I've heard a lot of people use this as there moisturizer for DKR and have had no problems with it but for me it was not a home run. I am trying a different moisturizer now after using the cetaphil moisturizer for 1.5 months. Over all im not saying its a bad moisturizer but i dont recommend it for the DKR.

Reviewed on October 7, 2012

You should use this if you are looking for something cheap and will last you for months. You can also find it a your local drug store which is convenient.

Marina, Brazil
Reviewed on August 21, 2012

I bought this today, Cetaphil is not cheap where I live and I regret it so bad. My face was too dry before using it and I can tell the difference, but it is oily and I am sure you are not supposed to use that on the face. It's been one hour on my skin and I feel like washing it right now, feels too oily and dirty. I paid R$128,00 wich now is about $63,70 for 230ml; Too expensive here too.

I used on my legs and it works very well on the body. Do NOT use that on your face.