Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50+ reviews

2.9/5 - 8 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50+

Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%), Oxybenzone 6%, Titanium Dioxide (5.7%).

Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Cyclopentasiloxane, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50+

Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Spf 50 Facial Moisturizer, 1.7-Ounce (Pack of 2), Packaging May Vary
updated: 04/24/2017 17:08 UTC

Kim, PA
Reviewed on August 15, 2011

Sunscreen is sunscreen. You aren't going to get great sun protection with something that absorbs instantly into your skin and leaves no residue whatsoever--that's just not how sunscreen works. As far as sunscreens go, though, this is hands-down my favourite. It's got a typical sunscreen consistency and smell, but used sparingly, it does go on clear and isn't terribly greasy. The small pump tube was great for traveling, and I used it as my exclusive moisturizer for a 10-day vacation without any breakouts. Plus, I'm allergic to many products, but had no reactions to this one. Love it!!

Becca, Cincinnati
Reviewed on October 23, 2010

If you're looking for spf in a moisturizer, this is a great way to go. I have very oily skin, and I don't understand how everyone else could have had such bad experiences. My guess is that they are following the advice in Dan's regimen and using LOTS of it. It wasn't designed to be used that way. I use just a tiny bit all over my face, concentrating on the areas where I get the most flakes. I use it every evening and morning, and I'm convinced that it's a great product. It's never caused me to become an oil slick or breakout, it goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly, and it is gentle on your skin.

Jen, Ottawa, ON
Reviewed on September 7, 2010

I tried this for one day and it was all I could do to keep it on my face, I couldn't wait to wash it off.

Never have I tried a product that has made my face look so greasy and gross feeling! Not to mention It has caused a nice rash to appear on the right side of my face, TERRIBLE! can't wait to return this awful product.

Reviewed on May 3, 2010

The moisturizer is really thick and oily. I think it made me break out because of how thick and oily it is (clogged my pores). It says that it's non-comedogenic but it still clogged my pores. After about 2 weeks of using it, I had quite a few blackheads on my forehead and chin. This moisturizer is probably good if you're going to be at the beach or if you're going on vacation and will be out in the sun a lot. I don't recommend it for daily use though. I used it daily for about a month, and I'm going to switch back to my normal moisturizer.

Anonymous, NY
Reviewed on April 5, 2010

I switched temporarily from Neutrogena to try this. I love the face wash, which I've used since I was 12 (am now 29). I really didn't like the SPF moisturizer. It made me break out in tiny zits, I felt oily, I didn't like the smell or the feel of it on my skin.

Reviewed on April 3, 2010

Though I listed five pros and only one con, that one con outweighs them all.

The Cetaphil brand has saved my fair, dry, sensitive skin. I use their gentle cleanser, and the spf 15 moisturizer for day as well as the regular moisturizer for night.

It's getting into the spring and summer months, so my fair skin (I'm a redhead) needs a higher spf than 15 for the season ahead. I love my spf 15 moisturizer and other Cetaphil products so much, I knew I had to try this.

What a disappointment! My sensitive skin has been nurtured by all their other products, but this one really stings my skin! Five minutes after application I could no longer stand it, and I re-cleansed my face and slathered it with their regular moisturzer, and it still took a while for my skin to calm down.

I'm really surprised that the Cetaphil brand would make a product like this. It reminds me of that quote, "The food here is terrible. And what small portions!" It's a bad product, it's more expensive than other Cetaphil products, and it comes in a tiny container! Very disappointing for sure!

I guess I have to go to the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Healthy Defense Moisturizer. It comes in the same SPF but doesn't sting at all. Kind of annoying, because I'm big on brand loyalty.

Why, Cetaphil? WHY?!?!?!

Anonymous, Toronto, Canada
Reviewed on January 31, 2010

I have sensitive skin and I got a rash all over my face from using this product. I purchased Cetaphil because I thought the brand was gentle on the skin.

gorillajack, dublin
Reviewed on January 10, 2010

hard to use daily, but great for going to the beach. however, i don't know how others might react to its formula, but i had no problems.

it's a good powerful sunscreen that's gentle and moisturizing.