Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin reviews

3.9/5 - 216 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin

Water (Purified), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Panthenol, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:40 UTC
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:40 UTC

Wanted to love it
Reviewed on October 13, 2016

I wanted to love this stuff. After years of harsh cleansers and lots of different products, I was suggested I try something more gentle. It made sense, the stuff I'd been using was far too harsh and made me break out. I've been using this twice a day everyday for nearly 2 months and my acne is worse than ever. I eat a very balanced and healthy diet so I know it only comes down to the products I put on my face. My face is oily by the end of the day and I don't have naturally oily skin. If you're someone this works for, then I envy you. Sadly this product just wasnt for me

Love it!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

Because I use so many acne-fighting things on my face, It's best to clean it gently. This does just that. It never interferes with any of my other products (as in causing irritation). It's my staple face wash. Nice and affordable too!

good balance
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

I really like this cleanser. at first, my skin felt pretty tight and uncomfortable, but after a day or two it got used to it. moisturizers just don't agree with me and it's hard for me to find a cleanser that works along with topical BP. i have never been able to use foaming cleansers at all, but the gentle cetaphil just wasn't cutting it with my oily skin...even my eyelids seemed oily. couldn't handle it. the acne.org cleanser does not work on my skin well, it seems to strip it way more than this. it dries my lips out and makes them crack. this cleanser, just works so much better, even if I get that squeaky clean forhead thing going on. I don't like the smell, it isn't a bad smell but it definitely has one.

Worth it!
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Love this cleanser, it really refreshes your skin after washing your face. Doesn't feel harsh or strong, it definitely cured my skin after using the Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Cleanser for months (which had done more worse than good). I recommend if you have mild to barely any acne.

Am I Missing Something?
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

I used it. It was ok. It wasn't memorable. It didn't help my skin. It didn't make it worse.

But people RAVE about it. So I genuinely think I am missing something here....I will say that I am a HUGE fan of the texture and love that it doesn't dry me out.

OK, yeah I mean, basically its a great cleanser for maintaining skin that doesn't need any healing-be it acne or scars or dullness, etc. It's just a typical cleanser for typical skin.

HOTTAKE: its average cleanser for average skin. It's not going to drastically change your skin for better or worse. If you're looking for something to stabilize your skin...I say buy it.

Worked okay for me...
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

It was very gentle and not at all harsh on my skin for the 2 years that I had used it. It never seemed to really help any pimples that I got though. I do not wear makeup regularly, but since I am in theatre, it helped me easily remove any of my stage makeup very easily, which I loved! I have moved on to Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser in the morning and Ambi Even & Clear Foaming Cleanser in the evening. The Olay one helps keep my pores clean and wakes me up in the morning with it's citrusy scent. It also has little exfoliating microbeads that are very gentle on the skin. The Ambi one is very good at fading post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and helps keep my skin clean. It also has 0.5% salicylic acid. They both really helped limit my breakouts, since I am currently going through puberty. I use both in coordination with my new Precision Pore Cleansing Pad from Sephora. It's only $5-$6 and works absolute wonders as it gives you a deep pore cleanse, just like a Clarasonic, just cheaper! You could also get one at places like Target called a Pore Scrubber. They're exactly the same. Hope I helped.

Not for me
Reviewed on November 8, 2015

I bought this Cleanser after reading a lot of good reviews about it, hoping it would finally be THE ONE to clear my acne. It has been about two months since I've been using it once-twice a day and it is a good cleanser and makeup remover, but did nothing for my acne. Within the first week of using it, my acne was quite light, but by the second week my acne returned to normal and remained that way until now. I only continued using it since it was much pricier than the regular acne treatments and i would hate to see it go to waste. I won't be resorting to Cetaphil again.

Perfect
Reviewed on May 16, 2015

I use this cleanser in the morning as well as at night to take my makeup off. This stuff is great. It has no scent and is very gentle, not tough on my skin when I'm having those terrible breakouts. I used to use cereve, but this stuff is less thick and I liked that! One bottle goes a long way!

disappointing
Reviewed on April 5, 2015

stings like HECK and leaves a ton of oil on my face, never did anything to my acne either.

GREAT!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

This cleanser does what it says. Ive used Cetaphil for a very long time and Ill stick to it its a great cleanser. Its a nice simple cleanser thats helps clean your face Its not harsh and is scent free which is great.