Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin reviews

3.9/5 - 210 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin

Water (Purified), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Panthenol, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
updated: 11/30/2015 00:19 UTC
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 8 fl oz
updated: 11/30/2015 00:19 UTC

Not for me
Reviewed on November 8, 2015

I bought this Cleanser after reading a lot of good reviews about it, hoping it would finally be THE ONE to clear my acne. It has been about two months since I've been using it once-twice a day and it is a good cleanser and makeup remover, but did nothing for my acne. Within the first week of using it, my acne was quite light, but by the second week my acne returned to normal and remained that way until now. I only continued using it since it was much pricier than the regular acne treatments and i would hate to see it go to waste. I won't be resorting to Cetaphil again.

Reviewed on May 16, 2015

I use this cleanser in the morning as well as at night to take my makeup off. This stuff is great. It has no scent and is very gentle, not tough on my skin when I'm having those terrible breakouts. I used to use cereve, but this stuff is less thick and I liked that! One bottle goes a long way!

Reviewed on April 5, 2015

stings like HECK and leaves a ton of oil on my face, never did anything to my acne either.

Reviewed on February 18, 2015

This cleanser does what it says. Ive used Cetaphil for a very long time and Ill stick to it its a great cleanser. Its a nice simple cleanser thats helps clean your face Its not harsh and is scent free which is great.

Quick and Pleasant Results
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

This product really does work. I've been dealing with acne on and off for the past five years, and I've tried most things besides Accutane. My skin gets shiny fairly quickly, but is also quick to dry out/turn red, so I have to be really careful with what I choose to use.

Currently I'm on a regimen of doxycycline and tretinoin cream (.1%). Things had been improving, combined with my twice-a-day face care routine, and then I got a horrible breakout 2-3 weeks ago (probably due to stress). It didn't subside but kept spreading to other areas, and at that point, I really didn't know what to do.

My skin was dry, too, so I purchased Cetaphil's gentle cleanser--that was a mistake for me. I tried it out for a week but only broke out more. While my skin is iffy it can't handle sensitive skin care products well. I returned it for the Daily Facial Cleanser.

AMAZING. It's been three days and I already see results. My skin is smoother, more supple, and bit by bit, clearing up. I will say there are still problem spots, but those are to be expected at only this point. Each morning and night, I rinse my face with warm water, massage the cleaner into my face, and rinse with cool water. I wait a few minutes, put on Dickinson's witch hazel toner (it helps with scarring), apply cetaphil's moisturizer, and use a salicylic acid spot treatment for the problem spots.

Because it does tighten my face, I plan on only applying retinae every couple of days. But so far I haven't even seen a need for it. For the most part, I've stopped waking up with new blemishes, and I am absolutely thrilled.

I definitely plan on continuing use.

Reviewed on January 10, 2015

I love this stuff. I first became acquainted with Cetaphil products through the acne.org forums, just before I began my accutane course in December 2009. I needed to find a gentle cleanser and quality moisturizer to get me through the dryness that was to come. I started my course with this cleanser, before the accutane dried up all my oil. Once accutane dried my skin out, I switched to Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, which worked wonderfully for the rest of my course. But after I finished my course in the summer of 2010 and my skin settled into normalcy (not too oily, not too dry), I went back to Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser and have been using it ever since. My skin seems to love this cleanser, whether during the hot/humid summers or frigid/dry winters of New England. It leaves my face feeling thoroughly clean without the harsh, over-drying effects of foaming cleansers I'd previously used. But I do always quickly follow it with moisturizer in the mornings. The consistency of the Cetaphil cleansers in contrast to typical cleansers may take some getting used to, but I quickly grew to love the way they made my skin feel.

I am now 4.5 years post-accutane, and I get a small pimple here and there like anyone with normal skin, but I believe this cleanser has helped to keep my skin mostly acne-free and irritation-free. Whenever I try another product (because I'm temporarily without my Cetaphil or just because I'm curious) and it inevitably irritates my skin, I always end up returning to this, and my face thanks me.

For those struggling with dryness and/or sensitivity (including those currently on accutane), I would recommend the gentle cleanser, but for everyone else, I highly recommend this product.

My holy grail cleanser!
Reviewed on October 27, 2014

I have used the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser forever. When my bottle ran out, I went to pick some more up at the store. I accidently got the daily facial cleanser but figured I'd give it a shot because I didn't want to have to return it. After a week my breakouts had reduced by 50% with this cleanser. It's just as gentle as the gentle skin cleanser and keeps my skin clear and smooth. I can't use "acne" products because my skin is so sensitive, but this does the job! I don't even have to moisturize afterwards.

Stick with the gentle skin cleanser!
Reviewed on August 27, 2014

Walmart ran out of the Gentle Skin cleanser (what I have been using forever, btw), so I was forced to get this. I have used this in the past and it dried out my skin, which isn't really good in combination with Dans BP. It left my skin feeling tight even after two pumps of moisturizer! Needless to say, I will never get this again and will stick to the Gentle Skin cleanser from Cetaphil!

Reviewed on August 23, 2014

Great product.

I didn't like the Gentle Skin version because it made me break out.

I really like this cleanser because it doesn't dry your face out and it's very easy on the skin.

A bit expensive but it's worth it.

Reviewed on May 8, 2014

Never had much luck with Cetaphil products, but tried this cleanser because my brother was good with it.

I have had oily skin and this was my first cleanser choice for the regimen. Since I dont wear makeup, it's hard to tell if it does a good job of cleaning it off. But it certainly doesnt feel that way. Product does not foam, it almost feels like putting water on the face.

Bizarrely enough though, my skin was left feeling very dry after towel patting. For comparison I had used another foaming face wash afterwards, and it didnt give me the tight dry feeling that Cetaphil did.

I wouldnt recommend this product but perhaps the widely known gentle skin alternative does a better job.