Page 2 of Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 94 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Triclosan (0.3%).

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial, 4.5 oz
updated: 11/27/2014 04:28 UTC
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial - 4.5 oz

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

I really enjoy the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar. I use it on my face and body and I have had great results. Although many dermatologists suggest not using soap on your face I have found this product to be pretty mild and it has not broke out my face. Occasionally it can be very drying, especially in the winter season. I would suggest using a moisturizer with this product. Overall, I will always be a loyal customer.

Reviewed on September 12, 2012

Was broken out all over my face in those painful small under the skin pimples. Bought this bar on a whim and FELL IN LOVE. All I use now is this and Acanya gel. Skin is flawless (other than a few scars left from picking...I know that's a no no).

Reviewed on August 24, 2012

So first, Let me tell you I created an account JUST to write a review for this product and I have tried lots of store bottles and lots of prescriptions. My battle with acne first started when I was a junior in high school and it was a sudden change from one to two pimples a week or so to my whole left cheek covered in deep pimples, then about a month later my right cheek broke out just as bad along with my chin. These were the bumps on your face that feel as though they are under the skin. I made it a point to not be in any photos it was so bad. I went to the Dermatologist and he gave me clyndamycin which I was allergic to and a benzoyl wash which dried my face out. So I went to another Dr. and he gave me differin and an antibiotic and Ortho Tri Cylin Lo which all helped tremendously! So by the middle of my senior year I was back to random small pimples. Later after a year of being off the antibiotics, my face started acting up just a little so he switched me from Differin to Tretinoin cream .075% which got my face back into check, after awhile he cut me back to .025% and my face was still fine. During my Sophomore year at college I decided to wean myself off of the tretinoin cream and just stick to a regime of clean & clear benzoyl 10% wash along with a apricot scrub which worked great. I don't know why but I guess I like to tempt fate so I thought it would be a good idea to switch to the clinque oily face rountine with wash, astrigent, and lotion during my second semester Junior year. WRONG! Sure it worked for a couple months but recently I noticed my face breaking out more and more which turned me into a panic and my old rountine (benzoyl & scrub) wasn't working so I started research and found awesome reviews for this Cetaphil bar, so I took a chance and the 8-10 underskin bumps that threatened to invade my senior year at college are now shrinking after only 2 days!! I couldn't be happier! I wash 2 or 3 times a day with this bar and my skin feels amazing!

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

I talked to my dermatologist about this because I used it on my chest and back acne, and she said it's best for people who are sweaty. Kills the bacteria from the sweat. I never used it on my face. I use the Cetaphil normal/oily skin face wash.

Reviewed on May 17, 2012

I have been suffering from acne for 4 years (since I was 19) and tried many OTC as well as prescribed products and none gave me good results, until about 3 weeks ago I bought this bar and my acne is almost completely cleared! I use it morning and night everyday, and I don't moisturize at night. And I have reaaally oily skin and this doesn't dry or irritate it at all. I can't believe something finally worked! Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed on April 27, 2012

i have used alot of over the counter acne medications and none gives me the results this does.this is a miracle worker to help combat with acne.you may not see results after the first day but continue to use it and i guarantee u will see results.

Reviewed on March 3, 2012

I use the acne.org regimen and this is my go-to body bar. I use it every day and have not had any problems with dryness or irritation from the antibacterial ingredients. I love that it gets a good lather and leaves me feeling clean, while still being gentle enough for my face and acne-prone chest and back. Really a great product.

Reviewed on January 29, 2012

This is a great product for anyone with acne and/or eczema. I've used this product as long as I can remember and have always had clear skin, with the exception of one period of time. I accidentally switched to the gental cleanser by cetaphil. It turns out I actually have terribly acne prone skin, but the antibacterial cetaphil had always kept it at bay. After switching back to the antibacterial bar my face cleared up within a week.

I also have battled severe eczema my whole life. Cetaphil products are the only ones that don't cause flare ups. Bottom line- try it, it works!

I made a profile just to write this review. Hope it helps someone out there.

Reviewed on November 10, 2011

I have used MANY acne treatments in the past but this one is different. I used it for a month and it cleared up my face completely. I switched (which was a BAD idea) to Neutrogena stress control. Although I didn't break out it did make my face very irritating. Now I am using this product again (Cetaphil) and I am going to keep using it. We just has to remember that we do not have the same type of skin and therefore not every product will work. Patience is the KEY! Good luck to all.