Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

Average price: $4.35

Brand: Cetaphil

Most helpful review

By Angie, Mesa, Az on 10/27/2010

Cheap, inexpensive way to treat acne. No more harsh acne products. No inflamed skin from multiple types of chemicals, just smooth clean skin..

Pros:
  • I saw a complete difference in my facial acne in 24 hours. I have adult acne on my lower cheecks and this soap has really calmed down the new pimples and healing and drying out the old pimples as well.
Cons:
  • a bit drying, but using the cetaphil lotion which is non comedogenic, no worries of new pimples.

739 out of 901 people found this review helpful

Triclosan (0.3%).

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial, 4.5 oz
updated: 04/16/2014 06:02 UTC
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)
Too low to display
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial - 4.5 oz

Member reviews

“Dried my skin out”
By on

Heard good things about this soap but it actually ended up drying out my skin pretty badly. Keep in mind, I do have very sensitive skin which could have been a factor so it may work better for people with less sensitive skin.

Pros

• Helped dry up acne kinda

Cons

• Dried out my skin
  • for about a week
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“My favorite cleanser yet!”
By on

After 3 days using the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar I noticed an improvement in my skin/acne. New spots stopped surfacing (unless I was menstruating) and all that was left were old marks and scars that are healing very well. I use this bar with a fresh washcloth daily and "scrub" very lightly in circular motions. This cleanser lathers well and rinses off easily once I am done. This bar can be a tad drying to my face so I follow up with a very small amount of Now Jojoba oil at night time for additional moisture. I have tried many cleansers as many others have too and I am thankful I came across this one as it had raised my self confidence and I now feel comfortable wearing little to no makeup.

Pros

• Improves acne
  • Removes makeup
  • Cheap & effective

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Really a great product, kills the germs on your face!!”
By on

Oh my goodness this product is AMAZING! Seriously just buy a bar of this soap and try it, it's relatively cheap and it lasts a super long time if you keep it in a little soap case so nobody can touch it, also so no bacteria can go on it.

I love to use this product to take my makeup off in the shower. I feel like it takes it all off after 1-2 times of lathering it on your hands, gentle rubbing and rinsing. No matter how much you use it will never overly dry your skin, and I know because my skin can get rally flakey and dry from this BP if I use a harsh cleanser!

I use this followed by my cleanser if I am removing makeup :)

Pros

• Very gentle
  • Does not over dry the skin
  • Kills the bacteria on your face!

Cons

• None!
  • for about a month
  • $ 7.69
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Basically the same as Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar”
By on

This bar is identical to the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar but with .3% Triclosan added. Antibacterial ingredients like Triclosan when added to cleansers are more for label claim than anything since cleanser itself is antibacterial. I notice zero difference between the two bars when I use them. Here is my previous review I added for the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream."

Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Lasts a long time
  • Rich, thick lather

Cons

• Lingering scent
  • for about a month
  • $ 4.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• I am 30 yrs old and for the past 2 years have been SUFFERING with acne. I have finally found some stuff that works/doesn't irritate my skin and wanted to share so maybe I can help someone else.
  • I did some research on Tea Tree Oil and it is working for me. I use Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar for cleansing.
  • Special cleansing lotion "c" by Mario Badescu for after cleansing.
  • Mario Badescu SPF 17 Oil Free Moisturizer
  • and 100% Undiluted Tea Tree Oil for breakouts.
  • I have also cut DAIRY o

Cons

• nada
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its the only thing that has ever given me immediate results, its 6 days after and the majority of my acne has cleared up.

Pros

• I have had moderate acne for the past 2 years which got out of hand when i came off my birth control (yaz) I broke out in horrible cysts around my jaw and was prescribed antibiotics with clyndamycin gel. The gel works great on acne already erupted but does nadda for prevention so i tried this bar out while, of all things, i was shopping around in the Philippines. The pharmacist on hand told me to really give it a try. I figured, eh whats 10$ to me, so i got it. I noticed immidiate improvement

Cons

• Can dry out your skin a little but if you use a moisturizer its all good.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great soap. Won't cause you to break out, but does cause dryness.

Pros

• Works well
  • Won't cause any breakouts

Cons

• Drying
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought the Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar with lofty hopes that my search for the perfect cleanser would be over. For the first two weeks, I saw immediate improvement. I actually looked forward to washing my face because I knew I'd see a smoother, softer skin tone and healed pimples. HOWEVER, after three weeks, various, huge, painful cysts attacked my face. I'm now stuck with four MASSIVE cysts that refuse to respond to ANY type of treatment. I believe the Triclosan made my acne resistant :(

Pros

• Smoother, softer skin.
  • Tight, clean feeling.
  • Great for just-popped pimples.

Cons

• Made my acne resistant to any type of treatment.
  • Huge, various cysts. I'd say 10 after three weeks of use :'(
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Contributed to my oily skin because of the drying effect- that lovely paradoxical thing that us folks with oily skin often get to deal with :/

Pros

• Skin feels clean after using.

Cons

• Drying.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I really enjoy the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar. I use it on my face and body and I have had great results. Although many dermatologists suggest not using soap on your face I have found this product to be pretty mild and it has not broke out my face. Occasionally it can be very drying, especially in the winter season. I would suggest using a moisturizer with this product. Overall, I will always be a loyal customer.

Pros

• Can be found in almost any drug store
  • Fairly inexpensive

Cons

• Hard to travel with
  • Can dry out my face
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.