Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.2/5 - 105 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Triclosan (0.3%).

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Value Pack, 3 ea
updated: 10/01/2016 01:55 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial, 4.5 oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:55 UTC
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)
updated: 11/04/2016 17:45 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial - 4.5 oz
updated: 11/04/2016 17:45 UTC

It's just OK
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

Way too drying for the face, but it's OK for the body. Defiantly too irritating and drying for my face though:/

Noticeable Long-Term Improvement
Reviewed on December 19, 2016

This soap made a significant improvement to acne on my back/arms over a period of 3 months. However, when the soap is applied to my face, I get awful breakouts every time. This still gets 5 stars from me though, and I will continue to buy it until Triclosan is banned here too.

Good for the every now-and-then breakout
Reviewed on December 5, 2016

Whenever I have a bad breakout, this is definitely a good go-to product that will stop a breakout and get your skin looking clear. I would only recommend it when having a bad breakout, though, as it leads to some pretty rough drying if you don't apply moisturizer straight after use.

great cleansing bar
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

I like this bar as it is very gentle on my skin. My skin reacts to everything that's chemical these days and this one does not make me react or get more pimples from it.

ok
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

This is too intense for my rosacea, but works like a charm on the rest of my body.

Does a good job of cleansing without over-drying - no point in triclosan
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I used this soap for about half a year. It does a good job of cleaning, although it's drying enough that you'll need to use a moisturizer if you use the soap regularly. I didn't notice any difference in the amount of acne I was getting, unfortunately. I was getting big, painful pustules on a regular basis, so I figured if I had an antibacterial agent in my cleanser, I could kill some of the bacteria that was accumulating on the surface of my skin. Eventually, I stopped using the soap because I was afraid of using triclosan long-term, and after switching to regular Dove soap, my breakouts neither increased nor decreased.

A gentle soap, will keep using it!
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

Just started using the Cetaphil soap about two months ago, but I've been using the facial cleanser for years because it's the only thing sensitive enough for my skin. Really love this soap because it's not harsh and helps with breakouts. Although it doesn't cure your acne, it helps along with it though.

i like it
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

i have been using this as my body soap for many years now. It prevents my back from breaking-out. It moisturizing for the rest of my body and it smell clean (kinda like Dove).

this is YES!
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

i had moderate acne and also some acne on my back..after been using this for 4-5 day i can see the result it clears all acne of my back and face its amzing soap bar ever

A gentle clean
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

So after a long bout of clear skin, I broke out pretty badly a few weeks ago. I was just using apricot scrub since I didn't need to worry so much about aggravating pimples. Due to the multiple lesions on my face, I searched through the product reviews to find something more gentle. Cetaphil seemed like the right way to go.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and my acne has cleared up a bit. This could also be because I resumed my spiro medication. Nonetheless, I like this stuff because my skin feels clean without feeling dry. It also seems to soothe my skin and make my acne look less red. This could be just wishful thinking, but here's hoping it continues to work!

Skin type (because I think it's important background info when reading reviews): Oily, most breakouts located around the chin and lower jaw.