Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 94 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Triclosan (0.3%).

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Value Pack, 3 ea
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial, 4.5 oz
updated: 08/20/2014 06:27 UTC
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5-Ounce Bar (Pack of 6)
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, Antibacterial - 4.5 oz

Hated it
Reviewed on April 23, 2014

Bought this because I couldnt find any QV wash, and it completely clogged my pores and made me break out :(

Now I am trying to fix it again :(

Dried my skin out
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

Heard good things about this soap but it actually ended up drying out my skin pretty badly. Keep in mind, I do have very sensitive skin which could have been a factor so it may work better for people with less sensitive skin.

My favorite cleanser yet!
Reviewed on December 5, 2013

After 3 days using the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar I noticed an improvement in my skin/acne. New spots stopped surfacing (unless I was menstruating) and all that was left were old marks and scars that are healing very well. I use this bar with a fresh washcloth daily and "scrub" very lightly in circular motions. This cleanser lathers well and rinses off easily once I am done. This bar can be a tad drying to my face so I follow up with a very small amount of Now Jojoba oil at night time for additional moisture. I have tried many cleansers as many others have too and I am thankful I came across this one as it had raised my self confidence and I now feel comfortable wearing little to no makeup.

Really a great product, kills the germs on your face!!
Reviewed on September 1, 2013

Oh my goodness this product is AMAZING! Seriously just buy a bar of this soap and try it, it's relatively cheap and it lasts a super long time if you keep it in a little soap case so nobody can touch it, also so no bacteria can go on it.

I love to use this product to take my makeup off in the shower. I feel like it takes it all off after 1-2 times of lathering it on your hands, gentle rubbing and rinsing. No matter how much you use it will never overly dry your skin, and I know because my skin can get rally flakey and dry from this BP if I use a harsh cleanser!

I use this followed by my cleanser if I am removing makeup :)

Basically the same as Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
Reviewed on June 2, 2013

This bar is identical to the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar but with .3% Triclosan added. Antibacterial ingredients like Triclosan when added to cleansers are more for label claim than anything since cleanser itself is antibacterial. I notice zero difference between the two bars when I use them. Here is my previous review I added for the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream."

Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

Reviewed on March 14, 2013

Its the only thing that has ever given me immediate results, its 6 days after and the majority of my acne has cleared up.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

Great soap. Won't cause you to break out, but does cause dryness.

Reviewed on December 29, 2012

I bought the Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar with lofty hopes that my search for the perfect cleanser would be over. For the first two weeks, I saw immediate improvement. I actually looked forward to washing my face because I knew I'd see a smoother, softer skin tone and healed pimples. HOWEVER, after three weeks, various, huge, painful cysts attacked my face. I'm now stuck with four MASSIVE cysts that refuse to respond to ANY type of treatment. I believe the Triclosan made my acne resistant :(

Reviewed on November 25, 2012

Contributed to my oily skin because of the drying effect- that lovely paradoxical thing that us folks with oily skin often get to deal with :/