CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.3/5 - 150 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 8 fl oz
updated: 09/28/2016 07:01 UTC
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 3 fl oz
updated: 09/28/2016 07:01 UTC

Absolutely LOVE this!
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

This is my first review on here but think this is definitely worth it! I have moderate to severe acne which is mostly cystic and have had for about 7 years now. I will be going on accutane/isotretinoin on the 30th of August so I have decided to start my regime early!

I have purchased this moisturiser due to all the good reviews and feedback on blogs, vlogs and threads for accutane. I have been using this just over a week and the difference is unbelievable!! My skin feels so much more hydrated, it is not greasy at all and it really does what it says. It creates a moisturising barrier for your skin so your skin really feels protected. I find it is a great base for makeup and feels like it doesn't let the makeup sink into my skin and clog my pores. I have found I don't even need to use a primer!!

Also the difference I have noticed is my skin feels much more plump and my acne scars seem like they're fading. I am using this in conjuction with Cetaphil gentle cleanser which I have noticed soothes my redness however this moisturiser seems to soothe even more! My skin looks a lot less irritated, less red and my hyper-pigmentation is diminishing.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask :) I am going to be doing frequent posts on my profile about my accutane experience which I hope helps any other people out there in limbo over taking accutane or on the same journey as me :)

by Jess13 on 08/21/2016 01:13
May I know what cleansers and toner you are using? Thanks!
amazing loton
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I have combinaiton (easily clogged skin) and I use this on my face. I think it is one of the best creams I have ever used.

Recently went back on Retin-A for wrinkle reduction and to battle clogged pores. In the past, I have found that the first few weeks on Retin-A are rough: dry, chaffed, peeling, red skin. But this time, I have had no problem b/c I have been using this lotion which is incredibly light but seems to soothe and moisturize exceptionally well. It's also been the dead of winter with extremely low tempatures and my skin doesn't feel dry at all. A-m-a-z-i-n-g and so cheap.

The company changed formula.
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

I've had great succes with cerave lotion with coral kavi. I started using this lotion since 2011 and had a great skin that was glowing. However, after buying a new bottle in september of 2015, i started breaking out in random places that i normaly don't break out. My regimen didn't change for 4 years and i was wondering what could have been the cause. First i thought my soap just stopped working. I kept using this lotion with different acne treatments and my situation only got worse. So i had to track my product history and decide what was causing this sudden breakout. Found out, cerave changed the company and the formula! You can google it and see what people are saying about this. The ingredients look the same from the previous bottle but the company changed it and didn't let the customers know because they were afraid to lose their customers. If you have been using cerave, you will notice bottle used to be smaller. It just kept getting bigger bigger and bigger every 2 years or so. This lotion is very comedogenic. Especially people with combo or oily skin, avoid this product.

Good for a little bit..
Reviewed on February 3, 2016

I've been on Dan's regimen for awhile now. I have hormonal breakouts once a month, or more if I've strayed from the regimen. I liked the moisturizer from the regimen, despite complaints I see others have. It's light, makes my skin feel soft, and of course, no breakouts. But after 7+ months of following the regimen, I was still peeling like crazy, even after I used less BP. I switched to the CeraVe lotion in hope that it'd help, which it totally did.

The dryness and flaking stopped immediately.

But yes, there was a catch. After 2-3 weeks of use I broke out horribly. And I did notice a waxy layer on my skin that caused some irritation. I would gently scrape the side of my cheek, and this weird waxy substance appeared under my fingernail. I understand this probably helps with hydration, but it suffocates my skin. I'm sure this lotion works well for others, but not for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I reordered Dan's lotion which I'll use during the daytime, then probably switch to a Cetaphil lotion for night.

by amandajl on 02/03/2016 03:17
And as a side note, Dan reviewed this lotion and mentioned that some ingredients in the CeraVe lotion can clog pores, if that helps your decision!
Best moisturizer I've tried so far
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

I feel like this is the one only that doesn't break me out even though you can get a oily feel from it if your combo or oily but I don't breakout from it I don't think so it mosituers well and it's great buy!! Starting to like this prouduct line.

Not Good For Oily Skin
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

This is thicker than the CeraVe facial moisturizers, but not as thick as the Cetaphil moisturizer. Besides the thickness, this is extremely identical to the CeraVe PM facial moisturizer. This absorbs well, hydrates well, and does not have a shine, or leave the skin pale. It moisturizes much better than the Acne.org Cleanser. When applying over benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer can clump. This is not completely avoidable, but allowing the benzoyl peroxide to completely dry, along with gently rubbing a generous amount helps. After the moisturizer dries, brush off the flakes.

If you have oily skin, this moisturizer could be problematic for you. As I mentioned above, this moisturizers very well. People with oily skin will experience over hydrated skin, leading to increased shine and breakouts. Also, over the course of a couple weeks it will build a waxy layer on your skin that cannot be washed off (but will eventually subside when use of the moisturizer stops).

by Candylanes on 08/16/2015 18:19
I disagree, I have severe oily skin and cystic acne. This is the only moisturizer i have found that I can use, as it is think it is not heavy or buttery, it absorbs nicely and last all day. This is the month six of use and I do not have excessive oily skin anymore, still fighting cystic acne but with this moisturizer and the Cerave face wash i no longer look like an oil slick, it has also helped my skin pigmentation, i really find this lotion amazing for my oily skin and would recommend it.
Decent
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

Used it about 3 days. It moisturises very well but also caused some acne.

Like an ex you keep running back to ;)
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

My derm recommended this moisturizer to me several years ago and it's the one thing I can say saves my skin. Any time I stray from it my skin reminds me of what it really wants! Then I keep going back... Used morning and night (I live in the desert w 0% humidity and hard water so hydration is a must for me) it helps w the dryness and flakiness I've had w any acne product.

I started Dans regimen 8 days ago and just couldn't stick w his moisturizer. It was still leaving me a scaly mess! And it broke me out so much. I just switched back to Cerave and can already see the difference. Hopefully this w dans cleanser and bp will finally be the perfect balance for me.

As frustrating as it is to hear, you really have to try a product for yourself before you know if it works. Certain ingredients will work for you and some won't, and reading 1,000 reviews isn't gonna change that. Listen to your body, be gentle (like Dans advice!) take everything you read here with a grain of salt, and don't stress too much!

Break out
Reviewed on May 12, 2015

It hydrates very well and reduced redness.

But it clogged my pores, like I applied this in the morning, and before going to bed my skin was still hydrated. it reduced redness, with white heads...

Almost perfect! Just one flaw... OILY SKIN INDUCING
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

OK! So, this moisturizer kills dans (for my skin type.. I have beach tan semi-sensitive skin) Dans always kept my skin feeling dry and flaky no matter what! But, this product makes me skin feel sooo nice and comfortable. I only use this at night when I put benzoyl peroxide because it's the only thing that can take the dryness away. In the morning it's just cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisture.

Ok now here's unfortunate flaw.. it makes me so freaking oily. I mean it's okay because I'm just sleeping with oily skin but could that cause more acne? If anybody else gets the same results as me from this let me know. Hopefully you have solutions :)