CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.3/5 - 145 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 8 fl oz
updated: 08/03/2015 01:55 UTC
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 3 fl oz
updated: 08/03/2015 01:55 UTC

*UPDATE* My Personal Favorite Regimen Lotion
Reviewed on September 27, 2014

Most lotions that are lightweight don't hydrate well when on a benzoyl peroxide regimen. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is an exception. Unlike most moisturizers, this product completely absorbs into the skin and thus leaves no residue. It's surprising that such a lightweight moisturizer is so hydrating because even thicker lotions, such as Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, don't moisturize sufficiently. Yes, the Cetaphil takes care of flakiness, but only superficially. It doesn't really absorb into the skin.

The CeraVe takes a short amount of time to fully absorb, usually like 10 minutes: this will vary for each person. Instead of waking up hours earlier than normal so that your moisturizer can entirely absorb, you can sleep in and not have to worry about it. However, it's terrible to mix with an SPF such as Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen. It becomes thick & goopy.

It's noncomedogenic and nonirritating—great for sensitive acne-prone skin. Very few people break out from using this product, so if you know that your skin doesn't react well with either cetearyl alcohol or ceteareth-20, don't use it. Both ingredients are used. However, if you know that your skin does OK with Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, you can use the CeraVe without fearing a breakout because both products contain this combination of ingredients.

Keep in mind, though, that I rated this product in relation to other products that I've tried. Just because it's my "favorite" doesn't mean that I love it. I just prefer it over other moisturizers. I'm just slightly impressed by the hydration that it offers considering how light it is.

by bigrubyzags on 11/27/2014 05:28
Have you found anything that does work for the peeling skin around your mouth? I have the same problem and no lotion seems to be able to combat the drying power of bp. Thanks! Btw, I'm ordering DML moisturizing lotion now, hope that works :)
by annapalooza on 01/03/2015 04:48
If you're struggling with dry skin, try Nivea Soft. It has jojoba oil in it so it's super moisturizing. I suffer from acne and use bp (proactiv brand) so I know the pain! My skin is fairly oily already but I don't mind the moisture Nivea creates. I hope it works for you! Good luck :)
Decent
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

Used it about 3 days. It moisturises very well but also caused some acne.

Like an ex you keep running back to ;)
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

My derm recommended this moisturizer to me several years ago and it's the one thing I can say saves my skin. Any time I stray from it my skin reminds me of what it really wants! Then I keep going back... Used morning and night (I live in the desert w 0% humidity and hard water so hydration is a must for me) it helps w the dryness and flakiness I've had w any acne product.

I started Dans regimen 8 days ago and just couldn't stick w his moisturizer. It was still leaving me a scaly mess! And it broke me out so much. I just switched back to Cerave and can already see the difference. Hopefully this w dans cleanser and bp will finally be the perfect balance for me.

As frustrating as it is to hear, you really have to try a product for yourself before you know if it works. Certain ingredients will work for you and some won't, and reading 1,000 reviews isn't gonna change that. Listen to your body, be gentle (like Dans advice!) take everything you read here with a grain of salt, and don't stress too much!

Break out
Reviewed on May 12, 2015

It hydrates very well and reduced redness.

But it clogged my pores, like I applied this in the morning, and before going to bed my skin was still hydrated. it reduced redness, with white heads...

Almost perfect! Just one flaw... OILY SKIN INDUCING
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

OK! So, this moisturizer kills dans (for my skin type.. I have beach tan semi-sensitive skin) Dans always kept my skin feeling dry and flaky no matter what! But, this product makes me skin feel sooo nice and comfortable. I only use this at night when I put benzoyl peroxide because it's the only thing that can take the dryness away. In the morning it's just cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisture.

Ok now here's unfortunate flaw.. it makes me so freaking oily. I mean it's okay because I'm just sleeping with oily skin but could that cause more acne? If anybody else gets the same results as me from this let me know. Hopefully you have solutions :)

Made me break out everytime
Reviewed on January 27, 2015

This moisturizer made me break out every time I used it. I was hopeful because of all the positive reviews, but if you are an acne prone teen like me, I would avoid this product. Even Dan reviewed and said it caused acne, so I definitely would not reccomend it.

Soothing and great moisture.
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I love this lotion, this is what I used every day before I started Dan's regimen. I now use his lotion on my face but I still use this for my neck it's less sticky and absorbs nicely. It feels great going on to as well.

Works for me!
Reviewed on June 17, 2014

Let me just start by saying i have suuuuper dry skin.

I got a sample of this moisturizer from the medi spa I go to. I like it because it actually goes into the skin and makes my skin feel hydrated and comfortable, versus just sitting on top and making my skin feel sticky and dry. I will definitely purchase a bigger bottle.

Love this stuff!
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

While taking Claravis I started to get dry patches on my skin, almost like eczema, that were absolutely miserable. My dermetologist swore by this lotion (which was not available in many stores just yet) and he bought this stuff directly from the manufacture to sell for cheap to his patients. I was only paying about $8 if I remember correctly (versus the $15 in the store these days), so it was worth a shot. It helped so much!! Haven't found another lotion that gave me more relief, and I continue to use it post Claravis!

So lovely!
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

I switched to this lotion after acne.org's moisturizer just didn't work out for me. I was flaky and had extremely dry, hard patches from the bp and it only took two days for this stuff to get rid of those. It is very light and hydrates very well for me. I also found that it goes on very nicely. Some people say that it balls up a little, but I've never had that problem with this lotion (but perhaps because I only use 1 pump of bp once per day).

I am actually just completely in love with this moisturizer. It feels so good on the skin, absorbs well and makes my skin sooooo unbelievably smooth. It really has helped perfect the texture of my skin. It wears well under makeup and the 12oz bottle will go a nice long way. I've also not had any problem with it clogging my pores despite the combination of red flag ingredients. I'm sure that they might make some people break out, but it seems I'm not particularly bothered by them.

Long story short, I got million dollar skin for about $10.