CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.3/5 - 142 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 8 fl oz
updated: 04/25/2015 03:22 UTC
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 3 fl oz
updated: 04/25/2015 03:22 UTC

Almost perfect! Just one flaw... OILY SKIN INDUCING
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

OK! So, this moisturizer kills dans (for my skin type.. I have beach tan semi-sensitive skin) Dans always kept my skin feeling dry and flaky no matter what! But, this product makes me skin feel sooo nice and comfortable. I only use this at night when I put benzoyl peroxide because it's the only thing that can take the dryness away. In the morning it's just cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisture.

Ok now here's unfortunate flaw.. it makes me so freaking oily. I mean it's okay because I'm just sleeping with oily skin but could that cause more acne? If anybody else gets the same results as me from this let me know. Hopefully you have solutions :)

Made me break out everytime
Reviewed on January 27, 2015

This moisturizer made me break out every time I used it. I was hopeful because of all the positive reviews, but if you are an acne prone teen like me, I would avoid this product. Even Dan reviewed and said it caused acne, so I definitely would not reccomend it.

Soothing and great moisture.
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I love this lotion, this is what I used every day before I started Dan's regimen. I now use his lotion on my face but I still use this for my neck it's less sticky and absorbs nicely. It feels great going on to as well.

Could hydrate a bit more – jojoba oil helps
Reviewed on September 27, 2014

This is a light lotion that leaves no shine/residue on the skin. After the short amount of time it takes to absorb, the product becomes unnoticeable—both visually and sensory. Use this lotion if you are going out in public and do not want people to know that you used moisturizer. I'm telling you; you can't even tell it's on your skin. I use it when I go to school. Hydrates sufficiently. Fragrance-free and dye-free. Does not clog pores.

by bigrubyzags on 11/27/2014 05:28
Have you found anything that does work for the peeling skin around your mouth? I have the same problem and no lotion seems to be able to combat the drying power of bp. Thanks! Btw, I'm ordering DML moisturizing lotion now, hope that works :)
by annapalooza on 01/03/2015 04:48
If you're struggling with dry skin, try Nivea Soft. It has jojoba oil in it so it's super moisturizing. I suffer from acne and use bp (proactiv brand) so I know the pain! My skin is fairly oily already but I don't mind the moisture Nivea creates. I hope it works for you! Good luck :)
Works for me!
Reviewed on June 17, 2014

Let me just start by saying i have suuuuper dry skin.

I got a sample of this moisturizer from the medi spa I go to. I like it because it actually goes into the skin and makes my skin feel hydrated and comfortable, versus just sitting on top and making my skin feel sticky and dry. I will definitely purchase a bigger bottle.

Love this stuff!
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

While taking Claravis I started to get dry patches on my skin, almost like eczema, that were absolutely miserable. My dermetologist swore by this lotion (which was not available in many stores just yet) and he bought this stuff directly from the manufacture to sell for cheap to his patients. I was only paying about $8 if I remember correctly (versus the $15 in the store these days), so it was worth a shot. It helped so much!! Haven't found another lotion that gave me more relief, and I continue to use it post Claravis!

So lovely!
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

I switched to this lotion after acne.org's moisturizer just didn't work out for me. I was flaky and had extremely dry, hard patches from the bp and it only took two days for this stuff to get rid of those. It is very light and hydrates very well for me. I also found that it goes on very nicely. Some people say that it balls up a little, but I've never had that problem with this lotion (but perhaps because I only use 1 pump of bp once per day).

I am actually just completely in love with this moisturizer. It feels so good on the skin, absorbs well and makes my skin sooooo unbelievably smooth. It really has helped perfect the texture of my skin. It wears well under makeup and the 12oz bottle will go a nice long way. I've also not had any problem with it clogging my pores despite the combination of red flag ingredients. I'm sure that they might make some people break out, but it seems I'm not particularly bothered by them.

Long story short, I got million dollar skin for about $10.

Seemed good but clogged my pores after 2 weeks
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

A few people asked me to try this moisturizer so I gave it a go. Whenever I test products I do my absolute best not to change any other variables, so I just did The Regimen exactly, but swapped out Acne.org Moisturizer for CeraVe. For the first week it was great. CeraVe has a very light feel going on which is welcomed because thin products reduce physical irritation during application. It also looked fine on my skin all day and didn't make me shiny like some other moisturizers have. It also is very, very good at moisturizing. I could use only 1 and 1/2 pumps of it for my entire face and neck and stay hydrated all day.

However, it has Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol prominently listed on the ingredient deck, so I was a little worried it would clog my pores. The combo of these 2 ingredients, which are very often used together, rank as a 4 out of 5 for comedogenicity (potential to clog pores and cause acne). Since I know it can take about 2 weeks for acne to appear, I just enjoyed the product for the first week and well into the second week. Then wham. I got some pretty bad clogged pores around my nose...both sides of my nose and under my nose as well. The look was a "thickness" to my skin, with the beginnings of what would be stubborn breakouts starting to come on. This is exactly what I would expect from a pore clogging product.

Once I realized at about the second week mark that my skin was clogging up pretty badly, I stopped using it. That night I slathered on Acne.org AHA+ (10% glycolic acid) in place of moisturizer, and by the next morning I woke up looking much better. For the next 2-3 days I applied Acne.org Moisturizer mixed half & half with AHA+ and got my skin right back to normal and clear.

I'm giving CeraVe 2 stars only because it does not work well within The Regimen and from my experience is not good for acne-prone skin. As a general moisturizer for people who are not acne-prone, I think it's great.

by clided on 07/25/2014 14:00
I'm extremely acne prone and this stuff works for me!
by Shawn106 on 02/10/2015 00:39
I have acne prone skin and this seems to be doing a swell job after a month!. It could be because our skin types are different because from what you said, this makes your skin not oily and feel great. Unfortunately this makes me oily. acne.org moisturizer makes my skin feel really dry and flaky along with around the same amount of oiliness as this product (Yes I've even put a very generous amount with jojoba oil.). It clears my skin up, though. I've been on this regimen for almost 2 years. I stopped for 2-3 months to see if my acne ran it's course but I broke out so much my face is covered in scars now :(. I'm back now though! But this time I'm using a different moisturizer and maybe I'll switch cleansers too, not sure yet. I'm really happy to see you reviewing products! I was skeptical if this really was you ha! You still saved my skin, Dan. Thank you!
Not for me
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

Everyone is different, I didn't tolerate this well (more breakouts; more severe breakouts). I gave it two stars because it might be a good non-face moisturizer.

BEST MOISTURIZER FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN!!!
Reviewed on January 14, 2014

This moisturizer is the only moisturizer that has never caused me to break out. it hydrates my skin perfectly without making me oily.