CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser reviews

4.4/5 - 47 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Cleanser, Hydrating, 12 fl oz
updated: 05/31/2016 01:28 UTC

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

My favorite cleanser for my oily skin
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

I have very oily skin and suffer from cystic acne and this is the only cleanser that doesn't dry my skin out and make it feel tight. I will even use it with my clarisonic every now and then to exfoliate.

Broke me out.
Reviewed on April 9, 2016

After reading all of the great reviews for this cleanser I decided to give it a try and it gave me terrible break outs. I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin(my skin will start out dry, later in the day the same exact spots will turn oily). This is the first cleanser I've ever tried that made my skin feel smooth and not tight BUT it did leave a kind of heavy, film type feeling on my face.

BEST product I've ever used on my face
Reviewed on April 9, 2016

I never write reviews for skin products (which is funny because I've used so many) but this one is special.

I've struggled with pretty bad acne since I was 16, and I am currently 22. It all seemed to start suddenly one day, cystic acne and regular acne all over my face. It was horrible. I began my search for anything that would cure my acne, starting with proactiv, which made my skin a MILLION times worse. I've tried Cleab and Clear, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Proactiv, Clinique, Simple, and even Burts Bees face wash, Melaleuca, Witch Hazel, and even got a skin medication from a dermatologist (clindamycin for the skin) but nothing seemed to help. Some made it worse, others only kept the acne at bay for a short time, but it always came back in force.

Then I found this product.

I have SUPER sensitive skin, anything that foams up or has anything to fight acne severely dries out my skin, which causes me to break out more. This product, on the other hand, does not do that.

It was strange at first because it didn't foam up at all, but I had used cream cleansers before so it wasn't too shocking. I didn't even think much of the product at first, I only used it because someone gave it to me and I was out of my last product. Then I started noticing the change. My skin became clearer very quickly, and smoother. My scars somehow went away, and I have had zero breakouts, other than one pimple due to hormones, but it went away within three days. The product feels sort of like conditioner when applying it, but I personally find it leaves my face feeling very fresh and clean when I rinse it off.

But my skin has never been so clear! I don't even need to wear coverup, or any foundation anymore. NONE!! Which I think is also helping my skin, as facial makeup can clogs pores.

It's amazing and I've been recommending this product to all my friends. My mother in law also loves the product, she says it helps with her Rosacea.

The product is scentless as well, which I actually really like.

I don't know if this is the magic product for everyone, but for me it was what I've been looking for, for years. And as long as it keeps working, I will not buy anything else. For my combination skin (gets dry but it tends to get very oily as well, not sure how but it does) it's perfect. Having clear skin is a huge confidence booster, and foundation/powder gets expensive!! But I will stop rambling now. I hope this product works as well for you as it had for me.

Meh...
Reviewed on November 4, 2015

I have had great luck with the Renewing Cleanser. This cleanser, on the other hand, does not agree with my oily skin. Major breakouts even after using for a few weeks. Highly recommend the Renewing Cleanser though. I suppose it's the SA that makes the difference.

Very useful
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I've been using this product for about a year, and I think that it's been helping my skin a lot. It feels like lotion, and slips on your face every easily. I used another cerave wash and that left my skin very dry, but this one makes my skin feel soft. If you have hyper pigmentation, I suggest you use this product.

Amazing stuff
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

I've used lots of different cleansers the most popular ones like Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Cetaphil but this one is the best and i'm never switching back. This does take off my make up and it foams up nicely. If you have never tried this stuff i highly recommend you give it a try you wont regret it :)

by Human Doing on 08/16/2015 10:24
WRONG PRODUCT. The product pictured above is the hydrating cleanser
i really like it
Reviewed on December 5, 2014

I bought this for my dry/sensitive skin and it leaves my face really smooth. Other face washes I've tried dry out my skin.

Great Facial Wash!!!
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I have been suffering with menopausal acne for over a year now. I've tried many acne products, but they did not work. While surfing the internet one day, I stumbled across an acne treatment called "Pan Oxyl". It had great reviews, so I decided to give it a try. After using it for about 2 weeks, I thought that this product was the it- I finally found a product that was giving me some relief from the pain, outbreaks, and discomfort. Well, To my dismay, my bubble was burst when about a month later, I noticed that my skin had gotten severely dry- scaly dry! It was really weird how the dryness seem to have appeared suddenly. So, of course, I began to panic and immediately started researching help for extremely dry skin. Fortunately, I came across "Cerave Hydrating a Cleanser". Well people, I've been using Cerave for a month and it eliminated the dryness within 3-4 days, cleared the acne in about 14 days, and have not had any new breakouts since I've used the product. I am 50 yrs. old and have had slight acne since I was a teen, but when I became menopausal, it got ridiculous. I was getting 1 or 2 every 2 weeks around my chin area - as soon as the 1 or 2 pimples would leave another one or two would appear. Sofar I am free of the pimples and pain, but now I have to find help with the scars that were left behind; however, I'm going to wait a while to see if Cerave will help eventually fade the scars.

It feels like conditioner on your face.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I bought this cleanser only because every store in my area were out of the Cerave foaming cleanser. That is my go to cleanser. I figured the products couldn't be that much different. I was wrong, first of all this comes out of the bottle looking and smelling just like conditioner. Applying it to my face felt very gross, due to the conditioner feel. It also left a sort of film feeling over my skin. It does no foaming at all, so it took 2 to 3 pumps to remove my makeup and it wouldn't remove eye makeup at all. So I needed to use a different product for that entirely.

Personally I would rather use CeraVe foaming wash or Purpose facial cleanser, and use a moisturizer separately.

Alright
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Worked ok, but I switched to baby soap and am happier with that