CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser reviews

4.5/5 - 39 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Cleanser, Hydrating, 12 fl oz
updated: 09/23/2014 20:14 UTC
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 09/23/2014 20:14 UTC

It feels like conditioner on your face.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I bought this cleanser only because every store in my area were out of the Cerave foaming cleanser. That is my go to cleanser. I figured the products couldn't be that much different. I was wrong, first of all this comes out of the bottle looking and smelling just like conditioner. Applying it to my face felt very gross, due to the conditioner feel. It also left a sort of film feeling over my skin. It does no foaming at all, so it took 2 to 3 pumps to remove my makeup and it wouldn't remove eye makeup at all. So I needed to use a different product for that entirely.

Personally I would rather use CeraVe foaming wash or Purpose facial cleanser, and use a moisturizer separately.

Alright
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Worked ok, but I switched to baby soap and am happier with that

Amazing product!!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

This is the best I've used so far and I've used Cetaphil, Nuetrogena, ProActive, and so many others for my acne-prone skin!!! None of it worked.. Finally I've found a product that works. I saw a difference in my skin within 2 days:)

One of the best facial cleansers I've used, so far.
Reviewed on October 19, 2013

After a bout of strong dryness and irritation caused by my use of Purpose face wash, I needed to find something that would replenish my skin while being very, very gentle. This was it. After reading reviews between CeraVe and Cetaphil and CeraVe Foaming vs this one, I decided on this cleanser because A) I was already using CeraVe AM and PM face lotions per my dermatologist and B) The hydrating cleanser seemed to be even more gentle. After using foaming cleansers for a long time, it does take some getting used to not using a foaming cleanser. It's usually more expensive ($10-$13 for a 12-oz bottle), but it is so worth it.

Reviewed on May 28, 2013

I really like this product. It's very gentle, and by itself, I fee it working fast yet gently on my skin.

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

I used my Acne.org AHA on a few tiny spots and overnight they are bigger, red, and dry, Doesn't even look like acne, just rough red patches. I've never had this happen when using Spectro Jel. Maybe it reacted badly with Cerave cleanser. Also, why am I breaking out.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

Good product but if you are treating acne you need to add more to your protocall

Reviewed on February 22, 2013

I have tried a lot of products to control my acne from high school to now, and I am out of college now! My dermatologist told me to apply a BP gel over my skin after washing my face (I used Nuetrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser), and then followed it with a moisturizer. Well that worked wonders! BUT my BP gel was on the verge of being discontinued and the price of it sky rocketed! I was devastated. My skin began to break out like crazy. And then I noticed my Nuetrogena cleanser had gelatin in it and I am vegetarian :( So I had to come up with something that worked for my skin all over again. My husband recommended Proactive. It worked for a month and then after two months my skin had so many clogged pored and blackheads. I was a mess! So then I asked the Walgreens pharmacy what would be a good over the counter BP product that would substitute for my previous BP gel, and they recommended PanOxyl 4% acne wash. So I used it and it was wonderful! BUT the flaking and redness was horrendous I couldn't go out of the house because I looked so terribly dry! So here is where CeraVe came in. I saw a bunch of good reviews and was on the fence about this cleanser and Cetaphil, I didn't know which one to choose. So I just chose this one considering my dermatologist recommended it to me but I didn't really care at that time since I had a good cleanser going on for me. And let me tell you CeraVe got rid of the flakiness in just two days and because it has Hyaluronic Acid in it, it made my skin just the more smoother. I wash my face with this first with my Clarisonic and then with the PanOxyl 4% wash and then I moisturize with Argan Oil. I have seen improvement with this routine day and night. So I hope this is my regimen that I don't ever have to change again!

Reviewed on December 20, 2012

I tried the cerave foaming facial cleanser and didn't like it. I then tried this, and it made all the difference in the world for my flaky, dry skin. I love this cleanser, it's perfection in a bottle. I'm so glad I bought this.

Reviewed on December 9, 2012

This cleanser is the absolute best. Cetaphil's cleansers can't even compare to this one! It gives the skin moisture while also not aggravating acne at all, so it is extremely amazing and effective.

(P.S. It's cheaper on amazon!)