CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser reviews

4.5/5 - 42 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Cleanser, Hydrating, 12 fl oz
updated: 06/15/2015 06:10 UTC
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 06/15/2015 06:10 UTC

Amazing stuff
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

I've used lots of different cleansers the most popular ones like Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Cetaphil but this one is the best and i'm never switching back. This does take off my make up and it foams up nicely. If you have never tried this stuff i highly recommend you give it a try you wont regret it :)

i really like it
Reviewed on December 5, 2014

I bought this for my dry/sensitive skin and it leaves my face really smooth. Other face washes I've tried dry out my skin.

Great Facial Wash!!!
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I have been suffering with menopausal acne for over a year now. I've tried many acne products, but they did not work. While surfing the internet one day, I stumbled across an acne treatment called "Pan Oxyl". It had great reviews, so I decided to give it a try. After using it for about 2 weeks, I thought that this product was the it- I finally found a product that was giving me some relief from the pain, outbreaks, and discomfort. Well, To my dismay, my bubble was burst when about a month later, I noticed that my skin had gotten severely dry- scaly dry! It was really weird how the dryness seem to have appeared suddenly. So, of course, I began to panic and immediately started researching help for extremely dry skin. Fortunately, I came across "Cerave Hydrating a Cleanser". Well people, I've been using Cerave for a month and it eliminated the dryness within 3-4 days, cleared the acne in about 14 days, and have not had any new breakouts since I've used the product. I am 50 yrs. old and have had slight acne since I was a teen, but when I became menopausal, it got ridiculous. I was getting 1 or 2 every 2 weeks around my chin area - as soon as the 1 or 2 pimples would leave another one or two would appear. Sofar I am free of the pimples and pain, but now I have to find help with the scars that were left behind; however, I'm going to wait a while to see if Cerave will help eventually fade the scars.

It feels like conditioner on your face.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I bought this cleanser only because every store in my area were out of the Cerave foaming cleanser. That is my go to cleanser. I figured the products couldn't be that much different. I was wrong, first of all this comes out of the bottle looking and smelling just like conditioner. Applying it to my face felt very gross, due to the conditioner feel. It also left a sort of film feeling over my skin. It does no foaming at all, so it took 2 to 3 pumps to remove my makeup and it wouldn't remove eye makeup at all. So I needed to use a different product for that entirely.

Personally I would rather use CeraVe foaming wash or Purpose facial cleanser, and use a moisturizer separately.

Alright
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

Worked ok, but I switched to baby soap and am happier with that

Amazing product!!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

This is the best I've used so far and I've used Cetaphil, Nuetrogena, ProActive, and so many others for my acne-prone skin!!! None of it worked.. Finally I've found a product that works. I saw a difference in my skin within 2 days:)

One of the best facial cleansers I've used, so far.
Reviewed on October 19, 2013

After a bout of strong dryness and irritation caused by my use of Purpose face wash, I needed to find something that would replenish my skin while being very, very gentle. This was it. After reading reviews between CeraVe and Cetaphil and CeraVe Foaming vs this one, I decided on this cleanser because A) I was already using CeraVe AM and PM face lotions per my dermatologist and B) The hydrating cleanser seemed to be even more gentle. After using foaming cleansers for a long time, it does take some getting used to not using a foaming cleanser. It's usually more expensive ($10-$13 for a 12-oz bottle), but it is so worth it.

Reviewed on May 28, 2013

I really like this product. It's very gentle, and by itself, I fee it working fast yet gently on my skin.

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

I used my Acne.org AHA on a few tiny spots and overnight they are bigger, red, and dry, Doesn't even look like acne, just rough red patches. I've never had this happen when using Spectro Jel. Maybe it reacted badly with Cerave cleanser. Also, why am I breaking out.

by hewolfmike714 on 05/11/2015 04:23
Maybe is because of the AHA same happened to me when i used the AHA i tried it on my body and i broke out so bad i stopped using the aha and the break outs are gone
Reviewed on March 10, 2013

Good product but if you are treating acne you need to add more to your protocall