CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

4.2/5 - 25 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 12/20/2014 01:28 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 12/20/2014 01:28 UTC

Great for Oily/Sensitive/Acne-Prone Skin
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

this isn't quite my "holy grail" cleanser but it comes pretty close. I love this cleanser and have been using it for a while. It's one of the few drugstore cleansers that are actually well formulated and is at the same p.h. As skin. This produces a gentle lather that works to get off all my sunscreen and the dirt off my face. You only need the smallest amount, and the bottle is big and cheap for the price so It is definitely worth it.

The only negative part about this product is that it can be drying. I wouldn't reccomend it for dry or normal skin types. It works for my skin, but as I have repaired my skin using this product and more I have found my skin is more normal now than oily and it can be too drying, I remedy this by lathering an equal portion of the cleanser and honey in my hand to wash my face (I don't do this but only when needed, which are the times my face feels dry for retinoid use) Lathering it on my hands vs lathering it on my face before applying also dries out my hands so I have to moisturize them after I'm done with my skincare routine.

This would perfect if it was slightly less drying, but it's the best in so many different ways and will always be a part of my skincare routine for times where im more oily like in the summer time.

My favorite cleanser <3
Reviewed on September 12, 2014

My skin type is very sensitive, dry and acne prone (of course). Its very hard for me to find products that will work on my skin and not cause more acne. I have tried Proactive's renewing cleanser, Paula's Choice Pore normalizing cleanser, Aqua Glycolic Facial cleanser, Clean & Clear gentle cleanser, and others. This is the best cleanser have tried so far <3 Its gentle and It does not bother my acne (YES) and the ingredient list isn't huge. It is an awesome basic cleanser for my skin and I would not be afraid to recommend it to anyone else with acne! :)

Glad I found it! <3

I'm very glad that I switched to Cerave.
Reviewed on August 29, 2014

I didn't realize that I have been lucky to only have mild acne, until my skin exploded. In the matter of months, I went from clear to acne on every portion of my face. Of course, when it first started happening, I upped my Clarasonic use, I increased medicated treatment uses, etc. I got worse and worse. I tried Purpose (which I use successfully for years), glytone, clean and clear advantage, and they all caused acne aggravation. This cleanser is calming to my combination and very sensitive skin. Be sure to test this out in a small location for a few days to see if your skin tolerates it. Here's hoping for clearer skin for all of us.

Clogs pores
Reviewed on July 23, 2014

I decided to try this out just to try something new because I'd been using neutrogena ultra gentle face face wash for a couple years. I used Cerave for a few days but it gave me lots of small pimples speckled all over my entire face. I looked into the ingredients and found "sodium chloride" which is really pore clogging. That was a waste of my $10 and I will never use it again.

Contains harmful pore clogging sodium chloride
Reviewed on May 22, 2014

Warning this contains sodium chloride that according to the research I have done is highly pore clogging. It ranks number 5 as the worst of the pore clogging ingrediants. I tried this cleanser not realizing this and it caused a lot if acne.

Not for me
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVE cerave moisturizers. Found my HG w them. I waited too long to try them tho bc of my experience w this cleanser.

I've not been able to use consistently, so if you don't have issues right away, it's prob just MY skin.

If I use when I have a blemish, it will burn me. I have tried to like it several times now, but I find every time I use it, I will develop a white head by the next day. I also feel like it leaves a layer or a film on my face ??? Hard to describe.

Tried to like it, but I think I will forever stick w my plain ole cetaphil bar for cleansing & cerave for moisturizing needs.

works amazing
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

I saw a review on youtube and decided to go right out and buy this. i use it morning and night with no other products. in just a couple days my face was starting to clear up. now a few weeks later i hardly have any pimples. i've never had good skin and nothing has ever worked until i started using this.

good wash!
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I have a love/hate relationship with this wash. I have been using for a about a year pretty consistently. I have had clear glowing skin while using this wash and spotted acne breakout galore with it as well! I use it in the shower, after rubbing it into my hands a bit it foams nicely BAM. If you wash in the sink or dont rinse off COMPLETELY it your face may feel a bit slimy to the touch until it dries. I feel like this wash does leave an odd texture to the skin over a loong time of usage. smooth feeling and even smooth looking but in up close lighting you can notice tiny bumps and uneven texture and I have noticed it on other roomates who use this wash as well, i have read about reactions to ceramides. However, It is a trusty wash, it has done the job of cleaning and is pretty basic, nothing to cry or rave over but a good wash that is shelf worthy. It has helped and not helped. sometimes it can dry out your skin a little but perfect in the summer. I stick with it because im afraid the damage other washes with funky or funkier ingredients can do. This does however keep my forehead super smooth, so I will always use this wash for my FOREHEAD. I do recommend everyone to give it a try, i think you will either love it or like it. it has its flaws, but nothing to HATE or pinpoint directly to this wash.

AMAZING FACE WASH FOR EXTREMELY DRY SKIN!!
Reviewed on January 14, 2014

i was recommended this face wash by my dermatologist when i was starting to break out and had extremely dry skin. the first week of using this face wash my skin completely was not dry anymore i had hydrated skin once acne .

Too Harsh
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

This cleanser made my skin feel very dry and tight. I tried a washing with it a few times using a smaller amount and not leaving it on my skin very long and it still was just too drying for my skin. I guess it's trial and error with these things and I am glad to hear this product works for others but I can't recommend it based on my experience.