CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 42 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 10:32 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:39 UTC

Love it
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

Ive seen people say that this face wash breaks them out? i dont think it does, its comedogenic. I really love this cleanser, ive definitely noticed an improvement in my skin's texture and i think it's due to the ceramides. I also think this cleanser has helped with my skin's redness and irritability. I will definitely be repurchasing this, i love that it comes in a pump and the size is very big.

Ad
Reviewed on April 17, 2017

This broke me out I didn't have any pimples but 2 now I have 4 on my chin this sucks

AVOID - immediate cystic acne/skin rash that was red and irritated beyond belief
Reviewed on March 5, 2017

CeraVe foaming facial cleanser contains Sodium laureth sulfate which is a documented toxin. It has also been shown that SLES causes eye or skin irritation. it is a cheap foaming agent that will irritate your skin beyond belief.

I gave this the benefit of the doubt so that I could save money and tried it for one week with the CeraVe lotion. By the 7th day I woke up with cystic acne 2cm wide and skin rashes so bad I couldn't cover them with makeup.

I will return to using my HG Kheil's products even though I am a student and can barely afford them! :( if anyone has cheap alternatives let me know but this product ruined my face for the year.

by Early2Rise on 03/19/2017 12:07
No, it does not contain sodium Laureth Sulfate. Here are the ingredients Indications Can be used for the following skin conditions: Cleansers Ingredients Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl/Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.
Great cleanser for Combo/Oily Skin.
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I know that many people on here say to avoid foaming cleansers that strip your skin, but CeraVe is designed to be effective yet gentle at the same time. I have combo/oily skin and wear light make-up daily for work. I love using this at the end of a long day to get rid of all the oil/dirt and any traces of make-up left after I take it off. It makes my skin feel so fresh. If you have dry skin or are using strong topical acne creams this might make your skin feel a little dry, but following up with moisturizer will take care of that.

nope
Reviewed on August 25, 2016

I did not care for this cleanser. I've heard how cerave is like fancified cetaphil since they have some pretty nice ingredients in their products. I used this cleanser and liked it but had skin color bumps show up around my jaw the next day. I didn't continue to use it.

by acnekid10 on 04/18/2017 12:14
Same here especially in my chin it's like red marks it sucks how many days till they go away?
Perfection- The best that I've used
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

This face wash has really helped with clearing my acne. I've been using it for 3 months.

You know how your skin can feel tight after washing your face? Yeah, that's bad for your skin and will not help your acne. This face wash doesn't leave you feeling tight or dry even if you wash it like 3 times back to back. It's gentle, it cleans your face really well, and you can use it throughout the whole day and not dry out your face.

From someone who has acne since 12 and currently at 21- I highly recommend it. Absolutely the best I've used.

Not good
Reviewed on July 31, 2016

I bought it because i needed a new cleanser and i read practically all of the reviews of this and decided it was the best one available. Cleared my skin at first and i loved the clean feeling it left me with afterwards, but it all went downhill after about a month of that. My skin was consistently broken out for months and i kept religiously using this because i thought it was the only good thing for my skin. Turns out, this product is not truly non-comedogenic, if you go to a site called acne mantra, you can copy and paste ingredient lists and it will tell you what specific ingredients are likely to cause acne. I entered the ingredients for this cleanser and not only are there comedogenic ingredients but there are parabens as well. I'm glad it works for a lot of people though, too bad my skin is just too reactive.

Never again.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I'd like to say, prior to using this my skin wasn't even bad. I'd get one or two pimples here and there but it was never bad.. until I ran into this. This product has messed up my skin so bad and I had no clue where it was coming from. It gave me god awful painful cystic acne and I was really embarrassed to walk outside because it was THAT bad. I will admit it worked for the first couple of months but was it worth all the damage it caused? Hell no. I can't even begin to explain how depressed this crap made me but I'm actually making a recovery from the breakout with Dove. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

Can't get over the smell.
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

I didn't smell this in the store before I bought it as I didn't think a gentle cleanser like this would have any fragrance. However, once I got home and tried to use this, I could not get over the smell! It smells so strongly of the bubbles you play with when you're a little kid in a bad chemical kind of way. Not sure if this was just me, but I couldn't even use this product and I'm not typically so sensitive to smell.

worst product ever
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I had oily skin and 1 pimple now and then, but i wanted completely clear skin. I heard so many good reviews about this product so i gave it a try. I broke out so badly all around my cheeks right away, i still continued to use it for a couple of days and my acne started getting worse, used it for 5 days and now i will have to deal with that acne for months.