CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

3.9/5 - 40 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 02/20/2017 19:31 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:39 UTC

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Great cleanser for Combo/Oily Skin.
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I know that many people on here say to avoid foaming cleansers that strip your skin, but CeraVe is designed to be effective yet gentle at the same time. I have combo/oily skin and wear light make-up daily for work. I love using this at the end of a long day to get rid of all the oil/dirt and any traces of make-up left after I take it off. It makes my skin feel so fresh. If you have dry skin or are using strong topical acne creams this might make your skin feel a little dry, but following up with moisturizer will take care of that.

nope
Reviewed on August 25, 2016

I did not care for this cleanser. I've heard how cerave is like fancified cetaphil since they have some pretty nice ingredients in their products. I used this cleanser and liked it but had skin color bumps show up around my jaw the next day. I didn't continue to use it.

Perfection- The best that I've used
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

This face wash has really helped with clearing my acne. I've been using it for 3 months.

You know how your skin can feel tight after washing your face? Yeah, that's bad for your skin and will not help your acne. This face wash doesn't leave you feeling tight or dry even if you wash it like 3 times back to back. It's gentle, it cleans your face really well, and you can use it throughout the whole day and not dry out your face.

From someone who has acne since 12 and currently at 21- I highly recommend it. Absolutely the best I've used.

Not good
Reviewed on July 31, 2016

I bought it because i needed a new cleanser and i read practically all of the reviews of this and decided it was the best one available. Cleared my skin at first and i loved the clean feeling it left me with afterwards, but it all went downhill after about a month of that. My skin was consistently broken out for months and i kept religiously using this because i thought it was the only good thing for my skin. Turns out, this product is not truly non-comedogenic, if you go to a site called acne mantra, you can copy and paste ingredient lists and it will tell you what specific ingredients are likely to cause acne. I entered the ingredients for this cleanser and not only are there comedogenic ingredients but there are parabens as well. I'm glad it works for a lot of people though, too bad my skin is just too reactive.

i dont like the foam
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I cannot tolerate any kind of foam cleanser because I have dry, sensitive skin. I have been searching for an organic cleanser that wouldn't make my sensitive skin burn on my cheeks and would also moisturize and not leave my skin dry after cleansing. The Made from Earth Green Tea Cleanser is perfect for me - no foam and It feels so soothing, smells heavenly, and as suggested on the package, I often leave it on for several minutes as sort of a treatment mask for my dry skin before rinsing it off.

I will never use anything else after finally finding this

Never again.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I'd like to say, prior to using this my skin wasn't even bad. I'd get one or two pimples here and there but it was never bad.. until I ran into this. This product has messed up my skin so bad and I had no clue where it was coming from. It gave me god awful painful cystic acne and I was really embarrassed to walk outside because it was THAT bad. I will admit it worked for the first couple of months but was it worth all the damage it caused? Hell no. I can't even begin to explain how depressed this crap made me but I'm actually making a recovery from the breakout with Dove. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

Can't get over the smell.
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

I didn't smell this in the store before I bought it as I didn't think a gentle cleanser like this would have any fragrance. However, once I got home and tried to use this, I could not get over the smell! It smells so strongly of the bubbles you play with when you're a little kid in a bad chemical kind of way. Not sure if this was just me, but I couldn't even use this product and I'm not typically so sensitive to smell.

worst product ever
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I had oily skin and 1 pimple now and then, but i wanted completely clear skin. I heard so many good reviews about this product so i gave it a try. I broke out so badly all around my cheeks right away, i still continued to use it for a couple of days and my acne started getting worse, used it for 5 days and now i will have to deal with that acne for months.

It clogged my pores pretty badly
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

i loved it at first even though it wasnt doing much for my blackheads. Then I started getting pimples. I don't get them very often and thought maybe it was the chica y chico product I was using. I stopped using it and carried on with cerave and usual moisturizer. My skin went on looking worse every week. Finally, when I was in the shower i said screw it and washed my face with Dove like I used to and have for the last week. My face cleared and healed quickly. I started using the beta salic 2.0 again...no problems. In fact, just a few minutes ago after washing, this BIG comedone plug that was on the edge of my lips just popped out painlessly. This cerave product was indeed causing very badly clogged pores.

-Update-- I have been looking into why this seemingly terrific cleanser was clogging my pores. It seems that for some people nicinamide causes breakouts through chronic, but very mild skin inflammation. For some this is collagen stimulatiing and for others with stuipid sensitive skin it's just too much.

UPDATE: I Like It More Than Regimen Cleanser
Reviewed on July 21, 2015

Compared to the Acne.org Cleanser, this product dries the skin basically just as much. This product does not lather up as well. This product would not be ideal to shave with.

Update: I have decided that I prefer this cleanser over the Acne.org cleanser, only because it replaces the ceramides the skin loses from the AHA. It also adds niacinamide. These ingredients are naturally produced by the skin, and are beneficial.

Although this cleanser doesn't lather as well as the Acne.org cleanser; just put some in the palm of your hand, then add some warm water on top of that to get it foaming almost as well as the Acne.org cleanser.