CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

4.3/5 - 29 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 08/04/2015 22:33 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 08/04/2015 22:33 UTC

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Gentle with a clean feel. Great for sensitive skin!
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I use this in the AM and PM. At night, I use it with a sensitive skin Konjac Sponge (EcoTools), because I find it does not remove all makeup on its own. However, this stuff is super gentle, and does NOT dry out your skin. I find the best acne routines involve a gentle cleanser and a spot treatment afterwards. I have had BAD experiences with cleansers such as Clean&Clear that contain fragrances, strong chemicals, and acne meds. This cleanser (which isnt even specifically for acne) has helped heal my skin more than any acne product has! This is my (gentle) routine with this product:

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, argan oil, IT cosmetics powder foundation, birth control

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser with sponge, aloe vera gel

This routine is gentle yet effective. It has healed my skin 90%. While i do believe the birth control is making the biggest difference for me, this product has helped the healthiness and tone of my skin, and I will use this forever! Give it a try and ditch the harsh acne products. Being gentle with acne is usually the best option.

My happy medium!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this is my all-time favorite. As the name suggests, the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser makes a nice frothy lather, which I like. Lathering cleansers make me feel much cleaner than the non-lathering types. But despite my natural oiliness, I still need a cleanser to be gentle. Unlike the Purpose Gentle Wash, which consistently dried me out, the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser washes my face gently and never leaves me feeling flaky or dry.

Added bonuses are the skin-beneficial ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. Plus, it's fragrance-free, so it's appropriate for sensitive skin or those with rosacea.

All around, this cleanser is a great buy! Good size for the price if you calculate it per-ounce. A wonderful clean without damaging the skin barrier.

An Amazing Product!
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

This product is gentle but effective.

It cleanses the excess oil from my skin along with any makeup or sunscreen I might be wearing, but never leaves my face feeling tight or dry. It's pH balanced so it will not throw your skin out of whack like some cleansers. It produces a nice, light foam without any sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate.

It might seem a little pricey initially, but you a get a huge bottle; one lasts me about 5 months.

I think this is a really well-formulated product, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Best Cleanser for Sensitive Skin!
Reviewed on December 26, 2014

I have used this cleanser all through high school, which has been the prime time for my acne. I play many sports and am very active so dirt and sweat are always a problem. But at the end of the day I use this cleanser which is not only very gentle, but very effective in removing dirt, sweat, and anything else that would clog my pores, while keeping my valuable skin oils and not stripping the skin cells. I use this as my cleanser for the Regime and for someone who has moderate acne with very sensitive skin, this is the key to making the Regime useful for the more sensitive skinned of us.

Great for Oily/Sensitive/Acne-Prone Skin
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

this isn't quite my "holy grail" cleanser but it comes pretty close. I love this cleanser and have been using it for a while. It's one of the few drugstore cleansers that are actually well formulated and is at the same p.h. As skin. This produces a gentle lather that works to get off all my sunscreen and the dirt off my face. You only need the smallest amount, and the bottle is big and cheap for the price so It is definitely worth it.

The only negative part about this product is that it can be drying. I wouldn't reccomend it for dry or normal skin types. It works for my skin, but as I have repaired my skin using this product and more I have found my skin is more normal now than oily and it can be too drying, I remedy this by lathering an equal portion of the cleanser and honey in my hand to wash my face (I don't do this but only when needed, which are the times my face feels dry for retinoid use) Lathering it on my hands vs lathering it on my face before applying also dries out my hands so I have to moisturize them after I'm done with my skincare routine.

This would perfect if it was slightly less drying, but it's the best in so many different ways and will always be a part of my skincare routine for times where im more oily like in the summer time.

My favorite cleanser <3
Reviewed on September 12, 2014

My skin type is very sensitive, dry and acne prone (of course). Its very hard for me to find products that will work on my skin and not cause more acne. I have tried Proactive's renewing cleanser, Paula's Choice Pore normalizing cleanser, Aqua Glycolic Facial cleanser, Clean & Clear gentle cleanser, and others. This is the best cleanser have tried so far <3 Its gentle and It does not bother my acne (YES) and the ingredient list isn't huge. It is an awesome basic cleanser for my skin and I would not be afraid to recommend it to anyone else with acne! :)

Glad I found it! <3

I'm very glad that I switched to Cerave.
Reviewed on August 29, 2014

I didn't realize that I have been lucky to only have mild acne, until my skin exploded. In the matter of months, I went from clear to acne on every portion of my face. Of course, when it first started happening, I upped my Clarasonic use, I increased medicated treatment uses, etc. I got worse and worse. I tried Purpose (which I use successfully for years), glytone, clean and clear advantage, and they all caused acne aggravation. This cleanser is calming to my combination and very sensitive skin. Be sure to test this out in a small location for a few days to see if your skin tolerates it. Here's hoping for clearer skin for all of us.

Clogs pores
Reviewed on July 23, 2014

I decided to try this out just to try something new because I'd been using neutrogena ultra gentle face face wash for a couple years. I used Cerave for a few days but it gave me lots of small pimples speckled all over my entire face. I looked into the ingredients and found "sodium chloride" which is really pore clogging. That was a waste of my $10 and I will never use it again.

Contains harmful pore clogging sodium chloride
Reviewed on May 22, 2014

Warning this contains sodium chloride that according to the research I have done is highly pore clogging. It ranks number 5 as the worst of the pore clogging ingrediants. I tried this cleanser not realizing this and it caused a lot if acne.

Not for me
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVE cerave moisturizers. Found my HG w them. I waited too long to try them tho bc of my experience w this cleanser.

I've not been able to use consistently, so if you don't have issues right away, it's prob just MY skin.

If I use when I have a blemish, it will burn me. I have tried to like it several times now, but I find every time I use it, I will develop a white head by the next day. I also feel like it leaves a layer or a film on my face ??? Hard to describe.

Tried to like it, but I think I will forever stick w my plain ole cetaphil bar for cleansing & cerave for moisturizing needs.