CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

3.9/5 - 37 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 07/24/2016 02:14 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 07/24/2016 02:14 UTC

i dont like the foam
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I cannot tolerate any kind of foam cleanser because I have dry, sensitive skin. I have been searching for an organic cleanser that wouldn't make my sensitive skin burn on my cheeks and would also moisturize and not leave my skin dry after cleansing. The Made from Earth Green Tea Cleanser is perfect for me - no foam and It feels so soothing, smells heavenly, and as suggested on the package, I often leave it on for several minutes as sort of a treatment mask for my dry skin before rinsing it off.

I will never use anything else after finally finding this

Bad Reaction.
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I normally use the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser. I thought I would give this a try based off of great reviews and because they were having a BOGO sale when I bought the moisturizing lotion. I had such a bad reaction to this product. My face felt very tight and dry after using it and I got a burning sensation from it, which doesn't usually happen from any cleanser I've tried. I was surprised because I figured this would be even more gentle than my Neutrogena cleanser. This also did not control my oil as well as the Neutrogena cleanser as my skin looked more greasy the next day as well as patchy. I am really liking the moisturizer though.

Never again.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I'd like to say, prior to using this my skin wasn't even bad. I'd get one or two pimples here and there but it was never bad.. until I ran into this. This product has messed up my skin so bad and I had no clue where it was coming from. It gave me god awful painful cystic acne and I was really embarrassed to walk outside because it was THAT bad. I will admit it worked for the first couple of months but was it worth all the damage it caused? Hell no. I can't even begin to explain how depressed this crap made me but I'm actually making a recovery from the breakout with Dove. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

Can't get over the smell.
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

I didn't smell this in the store before I bought it as I didn't think a gentle cleanser like this would have any fragrance. However, once I got home and tried to use this, I could not get over the smell! It smells so strongly of the bubbles you play with when you're a little kid in a bad chemical kind of way. Not sure if this was just me, but I couldn't even use this product and I'm not typically so sensitive to smell.

worst product ever
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I had oily skin and 1 pimple now and then, but i wanted completely clear skin. I heard so many good reviews about this product so i gave it a try. I broke out so badly all around my cheeks right away, i still continued to use it for a couple of days and my acne started getting worse, used it for 5 days and now i will have to deal with that acne for months.

It clogged my pores pretty badly
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

i loved it at first even though it wasnt doing much for my blackheads. Then I started getting pimples. I don't get them very often and thought maybe it was the chica y chico product I was using. I stopped using it and carried on with cerave and usual moisturizer. My skin went on looking worse every week. Finally, when I was in the shower i said screw it and washed my face with Dove like I used to and have for the last week. My face cleared and healed quickly. I started using the beta salic 2.0 again...no problems. In fact, just a few minutes ago after washing, this BIG comedone plug that was on the edge of my lips just popped out painlessly. This cerave product was indeed causing very badly clogged pores.

-Update-- I have been looking into why this seemingly terrific cleanser was clogging my pores. It seems that for some people nicinamide causes breakouts through chronic, but very mild skin inflammation. For some this is collagen stimulatiing and for others with stuipid sensitive skin it's just too much.

UPDATE: I Like It More Than Regimen Cleanser
Reviewed on July 21, 2015

Compared to the Acne.org Cleanser, this product dries the skin basically just as much. This product does not lather up as well. This product would not be ideal to shave with.

Update: I have decided that I prefer this cleanser over the Acne.org cleanser, only because it replaces the ceramides the skin loses from the AHA. It also adds niacinamide. These ingredients are naturally produced by the skin, and are beneficial.

Although this cleanser doesn't lather as well as the Acne.org cleanser; just put some in the palm of your hand, then add some warm water on top of that to get it foaming almost as well as the Acne.org cleanser.

Gentle with a clean feel. Great for sensitive skin!
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I use this in the AM and PM. At night, I use it with a sensitive skin Konjac Sponge (EcoTools), because I find it does not remove all makeup on its own. However, this stuff is super gentle, and does NOT dry out your skin. I find the best acne routines involve a gentle cleanser and a spot treatment afterwards. I have had BAD experiences with cleansers such as Clean&Clear that contain fragrances, strong chemicals, and acne meds. This cleanser (which isnt even specifically for acne) has helped heal my skin more than any acne product has! This is my (gentle) routine with this product:

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, argan oil, IT cosmetics powder foundation, birth control

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser with sponge, aloe vera gel

This routine is gentle yet effective. It has healed my skin 90%. While i do believe the birth control is making the biggest difference for me, this product has helped the healthiness and tone of my skin, and I will use this forever! Give it a try and ditch the harsh acne products. Being gentle with acne is usually the best option.

Good, but it dries
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

It works well to clean my face, but after a few uses I noticed my skin getting really dry with this product.

My happy medium!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this is my all-time favorite. As the name suggests, the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser makes a nice frothy lather, which I like. Lathering cleansers make me feel much cleaner than the non-lathering types. But despite my natural oiliness, I still need a cleanser to be gentle. Unlike the Purpose Gentle Wash, which consistently dried me out, the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser washes my face gently and never leaves me feeling flaky or dry.

Added bonuses are the skin-beneficial ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. Plus, it's fragrance-free, so it's appropriate for sensitive skin or those with rosacea.

All around, this cleanser is a great buy! Good size for the price if you calculate it per-ounce. A wonderful clean without damaging the skin barrier.