CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 22 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 07/29/2014 19:54 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 07/29/2014 19:54 UTC

Clogs pores
Reviewed on July 23, 2014

I decided to try this out just to try something new because I'd been using neutrogena ultra gentle face face wash for a couple years. I used Cerave for a few days but it gave me lots of small pimples speckled all over my entire face. I looked into the ingredients and found "sodium chloride" which is really pore clogging. That was a waste of my $10 and I will never use it again.

Contains harmful pore clogging sodium chloride
Reviewed on May 22, 2014

Warning this contains sodium chloride that according to the research I have done is highly pore clogging. It ranks number 5 as the worst of the pore clogging ingrediants. I tried this cleanser not realizing this and it caused a lot if acne.

Not for me
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVE cerave moisturizers. Found my HG w them. I waited too long to try them tho bc of my experience w this cleanser.

I've not been able to use consistently, so if you don't have issues right away, it's prob just MY skin.

If I use when I have a blemish, it will burn me. I have tried to like it several times now, but I find every time I use it, I will develop a white head by the next day. I also feel like it leaves a layer or a film on my face ??? Hard to describe.

Tried to like it, but I think I will forever stick w my plain ole cetaphil bar for cleansing & cerave for moisturizing needs.

works amazing
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

I saw a review on youtube and decided to go right out and buy this. i use it morning and night with no other products. in just a couple days my face was starting to clear up. now a few weeks later i hardly have any pimples. i've never had good skin and nothing has ever worked until i started using this.

good wash!
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I have a love/hate relationship with this wash. I have been using for a about a year pretty consistently. I have had clear glowing skin while using this wash and spotted acne breakout galore with it as well! I use it in the shower, after rubbing it into my hands a bit it foams nicely BAM. If you wash in the sink or dont rinse off COMPLETELY it your face may feel a bit slimy to the touch until it dries. I feel like this wash does leave an odd texture to the skin over a loong time of usage. smooth feeling and even smooth looking but in up close lighting you can notice tiny bumps and uneven texture and I have noticed it on other roomates who use this wash as well, i have read about reactions to ceramides. However, It is a trusty wash, it has done the job of cleaning and is pretty basic, nothing to cry or rave over but a good wash that is shelf worthy. It has helped and not helped. sometimes it can dry out your skin a little but perfect in the summer. I stick with it because im afraid the damage other washes with funky or funkier ingredients can do. This does however keep my forehead super smooth, so I will always use this wash for my FOREHEAD. I do recommend everyone to give it a try, i think you will either love it or like it. it has its flaws, but nothing to HATE or pinpoint directly to this wash.

AMAZING FACE WASH FOR EXTREMELY DRY SKIN!!
Reviewed on January 14, 2014

i was recommended this face wash by my dermatologist when i was starting to break out and had extremely dry skin. the first week of using this face wash my skin completely was not dry anymore i had hydrated skin once acne .

Too Harsh
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

This cleanser made my skin feel very dry and tight. I tried a washing with it a few times using a smaller amount and not leaving it on my skin very long and it still was just too drying for my skin. I guess it's trial and error with these things and I am glad to hear this product works for others but I can't recommend it based on my experience.

Gentle
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

If a gentle cleanser is what you're looking for, this will be perfect for you. It has a light foamy lather, removes makeup in 2 washes, no other makeup remover or wipe required. This cleanser never makes my skin feel stripped or dry. It's perfect for sensitive skin and makeup removal. My skin type is oily-combination, acne prone.

Excellent cleanser!
Reviewed on October 4, 2013

This is one awesome cleanser! It foams up, removes makeup (except some waterproof eyemakeup), and helps to restore the skin's protective barrier that many of us with acne will scrub off trying to dry up zits. I'm on my 3rd bottle and not planning on switching anytime soon.

Indifferent towards this
Reviewed on August 9, 2013

I really want to like this product. I read a bunch of reviews, both on here and on amazon, and it's gotten pretty much phenomenal reviews on both so I went ahead and purchased it. I liked the foaming and after washing it off, it did make my face feel clean. Although a difference was that it seemed to dry my face. I don't have dry/sensitive skin so I was taken aback by this. I switched to this from Cetaphil and the Cetaphil never made my face feel dry. I'm gonna continue to use this product and hopefully it will end up working wonders. If not, I still have Cetaphil waiting.