CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Average price: $12.21

Brand: CeraVe

Most helpful review

By Honest Guy, North Carolina on 02/28/2012

First off; I had been using the dan kern cleanser for a couple years cause i liked it so much. It's so incredibly cleansing, even better than a lot of harsh cleansers out there, fairly gentle, and wasn't extremely drying, in comparison to other harsh cleansers i had used beforehand. A couple months ago, I decided to purchase a few cerave products, I had been looking into them for awhile. The moisturizing lotion is great but had some negative aspects that have caused me to stop using it, for my face at least; but this cleanser has remained a constant in my skincare. It is thicker in consistency than dk's, and when built into a good lather creates a nice thick-feeling lather. As I stated in my cons, it does take practice for a good lather but the key is water. Previous products that are on the skin need to be rinsed thoroughly beforehand and then once your skin is soaked well in water, the cleanser will lather well. Therefore it works the best in the shower when your face has most likely been rinsed well of the products applied and there's a lot of water on. In the sink however, it does take a little longer than usual to get everything rinsed well before you use the actual cleanser, but i've gotten used to it. I didn't even realize how drying i felt the dk cleanser to be until I used this one and felt how cleansed yet hydrated my skin was after..

Pros:
  • gentle
  • very well cleansing
  • leaves skin cleansed but also somewhat soft and hydrated
  • great for all skin types
Cons:
  • a little more expensive than dan kern's cleanser
  • as someone stated below, it takes some time to 'practice' how to lather it well

14 out of 21 people found this review helpful

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 04:27 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 04/17/2014 04:27 UTC

Member reviews

“works amazing”
By on

I saw a review on youtube and decided to go right out and buy this. i use it morning and night with no other products. in just a couple days my face was starting to clear up. now a few weeks later i hardly have any pimples. i've never had good skin and nothing has ever worked until i started using this.

Pros

• gentle
  • cleared up my acne
  • makes skin soft

Cons

• none
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“good wash!”
By on

I have a love/hate relationship with this wash. I have been using for a about a year pretty consistently. I have had clear glowing skin while using this wash and spotted acne breakout galore with it as well! I use it in the shower, after rubbing it into my hands a bit it foams nicely BAM. If you wash in the sink or dont rinse off COMPLETELY it your face may feel a bit slimy to the touch until it dries. I feel like this wash does leave an odd texture to the skin over a loong time of usage. smooth feeling and even smooth looking but in up close lighting you can notice tiny bumps and uneven texture and I have noticed it on other roomates who use this wash as well, i have read about reactions to ceramides. However, It is a trusty wash, it has done the job of cleaning and is pretty basic, nothing to cry or rave over but a good wash that is shelf worthy. It has helped and not helped. sometimes it can dry out your skin a little but perfect in the summer. I stick with it because im afraid the damage other washes with funky or funkier ingredients can do. This does however keep my forehead super smooth, so I will always use this wash for my FOREHEAD. I do recommend everyone to give it a try, i think you will either love it or like it. it has its flaws, but nothing to HATE or pinpoint directly to this wash.

Pros

• last a long time!
  • clear forehead
  • basic, no real sideffects

Cons

• small bumps
  • CAN be drying
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“AMAZING FACE WASH FOR EXTREMELY DRY SKIN!!”
By on

i was recommended this face wash by my dermatologist when i was starting to break out and had extremely dry skin. the first week of using this face wash my skin completely was not dry anymore i had hydrated skin once acne .

Pros

• hydrates skin
  • no harsh chemicals that irritate acne/cause acne
  • works amazing when on 100mg spironolactone

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Too Harsh”
By on

This cleanser made my skin feel very dry and tight. I tried a washing with it a few times using a smaller amount and not leaving it on my skin very long and it still was just too drying for my skin. I guess it's trial and error with these things and I am glad to hear this product works for others but I can't recommend it based on my experience.

Pros

• Very Very good at removing all oil from face

Cons

• Drying
  • Irritating
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Gentle”
By on

If a gentle cleanser is what you're looking for, this will be perfect for you. It has a light foamy lather, removes makeup in 2 washes, no other makeup remover or wipe required. This cleanser never makes my skin feel stripped or dry. It's perfect for sensitive skin and makeup removal. My skin type is oily-combination, acne prone.

Pros

• Gentle
  • Fragrance Free
  • Removes Makeup

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Excellent cleanser!”
By on

This is one awesome cleanser! It foams up, removes makeup (except some waterproof eyemakeup), and helps to restore the skin's protective barrier that many of us with acne will scrub off trying to dry up zits. I'm on my 3rd bottle and not planning on switching anytime soon.

Pros

• Cleanses skin of dirt, oil, and makeup
  • Nourishes skin and restores protective barrier
  • Available at local drugstores and is relatively inexpensive

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Indifferent towards this”
By on

I really want to like this product. I read a bunch of reviews, both on here and on amazon, and it's gotten pretty much phenomenal reviews on both so I went ahead and purchased it. I liked the foaming and after washing it off, it did make my face feel clean. Although a difference was that it seemed to dry my face. I don't have dry/sensitive skin so I was taken aback by this. I switched to this from Cetaphil and the Cetaphil never made my face feel dry. I'm gonna continue to use this product and hopefully it will end up working wonders. If not, I still have Cetaphil waiting.

“In love with a bottle”
By on

I love this face wash, it removes my makeup and eye makeup very easily. It doesn't sting my eyes and leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean. Doesn't leave behind a sticky feeling like some other cleansers. The smell is very faint it foams up great and the bottle lasts a long time!

Pros

• Each bottle lasts 3 months with 2 times daily usage
  • Removes makeup great
  • Foams up great

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for about a year
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used to use the CeraVe cream cleanser but my dermatologist suggested that I switch to the foaming cleanser. I was apprehensive because I thought it might be more drying but that hasn't been the case. Actually, I almost feel like it is more gentle and cleans my face better. Its great when paired with a harsh treatment like BP or retina-A. I also use the moisurizer. But it online... its cheaper!

Pros

• non-drying
  • cleans well
  • no residue
  • non-comedonegenic
  • no fragrance
  • gentle

Cons

• none
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love the way this cleanser makes my skin feel, it's almost like my skin just wants to eat it up. It doesn't irritate or cause excess drying, however it doesn't eliminate drying completely. It takes some practice to lather, the key is just add water. Overall I like this cleasner.

Pros

• Cleanses well
  • Makes skin feel refreshed
  • Does not irritate or over dry
  • Awesome :D

Cons

• Not the easiest thing to lather
  • Skin still dry after using it
  • for a day or two
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.