CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser reviews

4.3/5 - 32 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
updated: 11/25/2015 07:57 UTC
CeraVe Cleanser, Foaming Facial, 12 fl oz
updated: 11/25/2015 07:57 UTC

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

It clogged my pores pretty badly
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

i loved it at first even though it wasnt doing much for my blackheads. Then I started getting pimples. I don't get them very often and thought maybe it was the chica y chico product I was using. I stopped using it and carried on with cerave and usual moisturizer. My skin went on looking worse every week. Finally, when I was in the shower i said screw it and washed my face with Dove like I used to and have for the last week. My face cleared and healed quickly. I started using the beta salic 2.0 again...no problems. In fact, just a few minutes ago after washing, this BIG comedone plug that was on the edge of my lips just popped out painlessly. This cerave product was indeed causing very badly clogged pores.

-Update-- I have been looking into why this seemingly terrific cleanser was clogging my pores. It seems that for some people nicinamide causes breakouts through chronic, but very mild skin inflammation. For some this is collagen stimulatiing and for others with stuipid sensitive skin it's just too much.

UPDATE: I Like It More Than Regimen Cleanser
Reviewed on July 21, 2015

Compared to the Acne.org Cleanser, this product dries the skin basically just as much. This product does not lather up as well. This product would not be ideal to shave with.

Update: I have decided that I prefer this cleanser over the Acne.org cleanser, only because it replaces the ceramides the skin loses from the AHA. It also adds niacinamide. These ingredients are naturally produced by the skin, and are beneficial.

Although this cleanser doesn't lather as well as the Acne.org cleanser; just put some in the palm of your hand, then add some warm water on top of that to get it foaming almost as well as the Acne.org cleanser.

Gentle with a clean feel. Great for sensitive skin!
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I use this in the AM and PM. At night, I use it with a sensitive skin Konjac Sponge (EcoTools), because I find it does not remove all makeup on its own. However, this stuff is super gentle, and does NOT dry out your skin. I find the best acne routines involve a gentle cleanser and a spot treatment afterwards. I have had BAD experiences with cleansers such as Clean&Clear that contain fragrances, strong chemicals, and acne meds. This cleanser (which isnt even specifically for acne) has helped heal my skin more than any acne product has! This is my (gentle) routine with this product:

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, argan oil, IT cosmetics powder foundation, birth control

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser with sponge, aloe vera gel

This routine is gentle yet effective. It has healed my skin 90%. While i do believe the birth control is making the biggest difference for me, this product has helped the healthiness and tone of my skin, and I will use this forever! Give it a try and ditch the harsh acne products. Being gentle with acne is usually the best option.

Good, but it dries
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

It works well to clean my face, but after a few uses I noticed my skin getting really dry with this product.

My happy medium!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this is my all-time favorite. As the name suggests, the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser makes a nice frothy lather, which I like. Lathering cleansers make me feel much cleaner than the non-lathering types. But despite my natural oiliness, I still need a cleanser to be gentle. Unlike the Purpose Gentle Wash, which consistently dried me out, the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser washes my face gently and never leaves me feeling flaky or dry.

Added bonuses are the skin-beneficial ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. Plus, it's fragrance-free, so it's appropriate for sensitive skin or those with rosacea.

All around, this cleanser is a great buy! Good size for the price if you calculate it per-ounce. A wonderful clean without damaging the skin barrier.

An Amazing Product!
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

This product is gentle but effective.

It cleanses the excess oil from my skin along with any makeup or sunscreen I might be wearing, but never leaves my face feeling tight or dry. It's pH balanced so it will not throw your skin out of whack like some cleansers. It produces a nice, light foam without any sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate.

It might seem a little pricey initially, but you a get a huge bottle; one lasts me about 5 months.

I think this is a really well-formulated product, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Best Cleanser for Sensitive Skin!
Reviewed on December 26, 2014

I have used this cleanser all through high school, which has been the prime time for my acne. I play many sports and am very active so dirt and sweat are always a problem. But at the end of the day I use this cleanser which is not only very gentle, but very effective in removing dirt, sweat, and anything else that would clog my pores, while keeping my valuable skin oils and not stripping the skin cells. I use this as my cleanser for the Regime and for someone who has moderate acne with very sensitive skin, this is the key to making the Regime useful for the more sensitive skinned of us.

Great for Oily/Sensitive/Acne-Prone Skin
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

this isn't quite my "holy grail" cleanser but it comes pretty close. I love this cleanser and have been using it for a while. It's one of the few drugstore cleansers that are actually well formulated and is at the same p.h. As skin. This produces a gentle lather that works to get off all my sunscreen and the dirt off my face. You only need the smallest amount, and the bottle is big and cheap for the price so It is definitely worth it.

The only negative part about this product is that it can be drying. I wouldn't reccomend it for dry or normal skin types. It works for my skin, but as I have repaired my skin using this product and more I have found my skin is more normal now than oily and it can be too drying, I remedy this by lathering an equal portion of the cleanser and honey in my hand to wash my face (I don't do this but only when needed, which are the times my face feels dry for retinoid use) Lathering it on my hands vs lathering it on my face before applying also dries out my hands so I have to moisturize them after I'm done with my skincare routine.

This would perfect if it was slightly less drying, but it's the best in so many different ways and will always be a part of my skincare routine for times where im more oily like in the summer time.

Love this stuff
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

Excellent product for sensitive acne prone skin. Its truly non-comedogenic.

I'm very glad that I switched to Cerave.
Reviewed on August 29, 2014

I didn't realize that I have been lucky to only have mild acne, until my skin exploded. In the matter of months, I went from clear to acne on every portion of my face. Of course, when it first started happening, I upped my Clarasonic use, I increased medicated treatment uses, etc. I got worse and worse. I tried Purpose (which I use successfully for years), glytone, clean and clear advantage, and they all caused acne aggravation. This cleanser is calming to my combination and very sensitive skin. Be sure to test this out in a small location for a few days to see if your skin tolerates it. Here's hoping for clearer skin for all of us.