CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM reviews

4.2/5 - 16 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM, 3 fl oz
updated: 10/22/2014 02:59 UTC
Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM 3 oz
updated: 10/22/2014 02:59 UTC

will clog your pores if you have sensitive skin
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

this product says noncomedogenic but it is , if you have very sensitive skin ...if you click on the ingredients it will show you 3 different ingredients known to clog pores so keep that in mind ...my skin gets clogged by almost anything and this broke me out horribly

The only non acne.org moisturizer I like
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I've been through many different moistuizers over the years. This one is awesome. For a price much lower than high end department store products, you get many great ingredients.... Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid...wow! However, I chose Dan's acne.org moistuizer over CeraVe because the CeraVe would be much more expensive long term considering the amount of product required on the regimen. Yes, it's stll a very reasonable price, but it doesn't come with enough product for me. But I will not hesitate to buy it if I'm ever in a pinch and am waiting on my delivery of Dan's products. My skin breaks out SOOOOO easily. So I'm glad I now know of 2 great moisturizers to chose from after much trial and error.

Changed my skin!!!
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

**BACKGROUND**

Skin type- normal/dry/sensitive, but dealing w very dry cheeks from harsh products (trying to cure my acne from outside instead of from inside) And from retin-A treatment. Prior to this I had been using cetaphil moisturizing lotion bc others irritate skin. Hormonal imbalance gave me cystic ance on cheeks/ jawline. I did my research & tried the "oil cleansing method" which healed all blemished w/in 3 days. (Yes!! OIL on my face!!) Then I noticed clogged pores, something I've never had due to my dryer skin & small pores. I didn't want to go back to my old regimen tho! I soo loved the way the oils made my skin feel.

***REVIEW***

This lotion made my skin soooooo soft & supple looking immediately!!! SO SMOOTH!! Cetaphil is simple & non irritating, but doesn't contain any ingredients that are beneficial to ur skin!! That means DULL complexion! It also contains nut oil which i think is why it would cause t-zone to breakout. I also use the cerave CREAM on my cheeks when they get too dry from treatment. Really makes my skin deeply moisturized & nourished.., sinks in deep.. Not like others where it only works on outer layer of skin. My skin stays as fresh throughout the day & doesnt get dry & itchy after a few hours now. This is the ONLY lotion I have EVER been able to use on forehead that doesn't clog pores. I usually dont moisturize t-zone. I accidentally got some on my lips & was amazed how soft they looked AND felt! Right away! Not sure the difference in the lotion & the facial lotion, but I will prob try it bc this bottle is so small! & Won't last long. I almost want to purchase a few more bottles in case they realize how great their product is & raise the prices!!! lol The consistency is somewhat like a gel, & so would b good for ppl w oily skin as well I think. It's hot & humid now & I plan on using this under the cerave cream come winter.

Here is my routine if ur interested in trying. Worked for my irritated, flaky skin.

So, I went from having cheeks covered in pimples to just one spot on my chin in 2 wks by using this routine (DIET IS MOST IMPORTANT when it comes to cystic acne tho!!!)

AM- CLEANSE w warm water & cetaphil bar.

TONE t-zone w dickensons witch hazel.

MOISTURIZE w cerave PM (I find sunscreens clog pores & I enjoy a little vit D)

PM- Apply mixture of cold pressed organic castor oil & extra virgin olive oil over entire face, neck, even eyes.. (Great makeup remover also-U can replace olive w hemp seed or jojoba. Castor good for lashes as well!) Massage face 1 min or so, focusing on areas I get clogged pores more) Wipe hands off on hair ends lol.. Hop in shower & lay warm cloth over face to open pores & remove makeup. Hate taking a shower w makeup on face, so this feels good to leave layer of beneficial antioxidant packed oil to absorb while I shower. Then I cleanse w cetaphil bar afterwards to remove all oil.

Tone w witch hazel let it dry.

Apply tretinoin & immediately (if I wait to apply this, I break out from it-?-) Follow cerave PM. I have a separate jar I mixed the cerave w jojoba oil for under eye cream. Then i dip Q-tip in mix of apple cider vinegar (small maybe 1 oz bottle?) w 4 drops tea tree oil. Apply to any spots under skin. I find this only works on the deep cysts, similar to BP. I think salicylic acid would do better w spots like comedones...

To sum up- Skin looks best it has in YEARS!

Nice moisturiser :)
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

This is a very nice moisturiser, I find that when applied it doesn't leave a greasy feeling oily barrier on the surface of the skin, it sinks in quite fast and leaves skin feeling smooth and healthy. It is nice that there is more than just emollients in the formulation too.

However I live in the UK so I have to buy it from Amazon and shipping makes it expensive for quite a small bottle. Also I find that when the area around my nose was cracked applying this made this area and my acne sting quite a bit, however I got the exact same reaction when I applied E45 moisturising lotion so I think it may just be to do with applying lotion to broken skin.

Love this moisturizer
Reviewed on January 10, 2014

Dermatologist gave me samples of this product and I loved it. I tried the AM product, but it felt too greasy for my liking, so I stick with the PM and use it morning and night. Skin is so soft now.

Great moisturizer, period.
Reviewed on October 19, 2013

My dermatologist recommended I use this in my routine because of my skin that tends to be either really dry or moderately oily. I love it. I love the lightweight consistency, the hydration factor, and the fact that it has niacinamide, which helps reduce inflammation and redness. It goes perfectly above my Epiduo. For a few nights it did burn a bit, but I found out that my cleanser at the time was at fault.

Reviewed on August 25, 2012

Wonderful product. When I'm not going outside (in which case, I use CeraVe am with SPF) I use this product. It goes on nicely under my makeup and keeps my face mostly flake free. Love it!

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

When I wake up in the morning, my face is a bit oily.

Nevertheless this is an overall great product.

Reviewed on May 5, 2012

I really love this moisturizer and I'm glad that I picked it up out of whim! It is light weight and not greasy at all, which is great for my oily skin. I never experienced any burning or irritation with this product but everyone's skin is different. Give it a try if you want a nice light night moisturizer. I would also recommend using this in the day if you have a powdered sunscreen to put on top.

Reviewed on April 13, 2012

I really wanted to like this product. It went on well and absorbed fast. About 15 minutes after applying it started to burn. 15 more minutes it was unbearable.

I used this with two different BP gels and that didn't matter...it burned equally as bad.