CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM reviews

3.4/5 - 10 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, behentrimonium methosulfate, boron nitride, carbomer, ceramide 1, ceramide 3, ceramide 6-ii, cetearyl alcohol, cholesterol, dimethicone, disodium edta, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparaben, niacinamide, phytosphingosine, propylparaben, purified water, sodium lauroyl lactylate, xanthan gum.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM, 3 fl oz
updated: 07/25/2014 06:11 UTC
CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion AM, 3 Ounce
updated: 07/25/2014 06:11 UTC

Good moisturizer and SPF
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

I use all CeraVe products to manage my skin, the entire line is very easy and gentle to use. I use this as a everyday SPF it has a 30 SPF which is hard to find in a moisturizer. Takes a bit for it to work into the skin though. Makeup goes nicely over the product. It smells nice and doesn't break me out. I have lots of issues with SPF on my face. I almost always break out so I was happy to find this product.

Reviewed on October 27, 2012

I want to just start off by saying I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser twice a day and I absolutely love it on my skin. It does not cause any breakouts and keeps my skin soft and moisturized. With that being said, I decided to branch out and try Cerave's AM lotion and this product was absolutely HORRIBLE on my skin. Within 24 hours of using, I had 5 HUGE whiteheads on the side of my chin. I'm not talking about regular whiteheads, but big painful bumps that were ready to explode- there was literally no hiding it with any amount of makeup- and let's not forget to mention how painful they were. That being said, I discontinued using this product and my face went back to normal. I was extremely disappointed with this product; I really love Cerave's face washes but this AM lotion was an absolute nightmare on my face.

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

I will but this product over and over again.

I love the CeraVe brand!

Reviewed on August 17, 2011

I use this in the morning and night even though its a sunscreen. I have very sensitive skin & break out a lot -- I was scared to try this thinking it would cause me to break out...but this has totally improved the condition of my skin. It doesn't fight acne, but the zinc helps sooth irritated skin. I even put this around my eye area--other products only burn there, so this is a very gentle formula. love!

(I use this after Proactive, and it works well under makeup--an awesome primer because it dries sort of matte, but dewy at the same time)

Reviewed on July 14, 2011

I like the other CereVe products and was using the PM and regular lotion so tried this as a free sample but did not like it all. Doesn't absorb when using BP, sunscreen smell, leaves white streaks so I went back to the regular lotion but still looking for a good suncreen product to work with dan's regime. used to use eucerin skin renewal but sadly they stopped making it and I've yet to find any substitute

Reviewed on March 19, 2011

I love this lotion!! I use it every morning after washing with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (which I also love) It has drastically reduced the irritation from the Retin A I started a moth ago. Has also improved my husband's skin! he has rosacea & dermititis on his face. The skin on his nose has always been a lil rough, I swear after only 1 use, his nose feels so much better!! and he been seeing a derm for years! Not sure why they never recommended this to him!

Reviewed on March 15, 2011

Pretty good stuff for OTC and easily accessible.

This is not an ideal moisturizer for me but it functions well as a sunscreen. I am sensitive to most sunscreens and this one does not irritate my skin and does provide solid protection. Because it is a little thick and not terribly moisturizing, I don't use this every morning but I have not found a better SPF moisturizer so far so I did use it a few days a week last year, whenever I was not going to be in an office all day and needed more sun protection.

There is a mild sunscreen smell at first but it's not overpowering and does fade for the most part. There is not much of a white cast, unless you don't apply it evenly or rub in well and let it absorb for a few minutes.

Doesn't really break me out but can build up in pores if not washed off thoroughly.

Seems to hold up decently to a little bit of sweat, which is a plus

Not perfect but I would purchase again if I don't find something better or need to pick up something at the drugstore in a pinch.

Reviewed on November 8, 2010

great for acne and a little protection from the sun at the same time, only for moderate dryness and not great for flaking skin.

Reviewed on October 11, 2010

Other:

Smells like sunscreen but not too strong and it's not that noticeable.

Because of the zinc oxide, must rub in well (gently) or it will look white. This isn't too difficult to do though.

Really oily looking at first. The oiliness does fade though. I've always applied mineral makeup (Meow Cosmetics--alternate between the 3 formulas) before going out and my skin is the same oily level it normally is throughout the day.

I've used it a few times in place of my regular moisturizer, CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (which I'm in love with) but mostly I put it on in the late afternoon before I go out (I work from home so that's why I don't need it in the morning). This is also not something I use every day since I don't always leave the house while there's still daylight out. But I feel like I've used it long enough to give a review (a month, on and off).

My acne is moderate when I'm not on the DKRegimen. That's why I selected "moderate". I only get one or two spots around that time of month now.