CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM reviews

3.3/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM

Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, behentrimonium methosulfate, boron nitride, carbomer, ceramide 1, ceramide 3, ceramide 6-ii, cetearyl alcohol, cholesterol, dimethicone, disodium edta, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparaben, niacinamide, phytosphingosine, propylparaben, purified water, sodium lauroyl lactylate, xanthan gum.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM, 3 fl oz
updated: 09/02/2015 01:12 UTC
CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion AM, 3 Ounce
updated: 09/02/2015 01:12 UTC

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM

Very Moisturizing but beware of white streaks
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

The CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM is a good moisturizer if you are need in moisture for your skin. My skin is Oily combination dark skin with an oily T-Zone but I had previously been using a benzoyl peroxide cleanser that dried out my face. So I was in need of a moisturizer that would moisturize my skin from the drying that it had undergone. This moisturizer is kind of thick and smells like sunscreen, but it is moisturizing. The downside of this moisturizer is, that when putting it on, it leaves a white cast on my face. So I have to wait about 5-10 minutes for it to fully absorb completely into my skin. It contains 3.5% Zinc Oxide this is the cause of the white cast or streaks that you see. But once its absorbed you don't see it and my skin feels really moisturized. I found patting it on the skin is a little better than rubbing it in on my skin. So I am going to give it 4 stars because it does what it is supposed to do but I don't like the feel of applying sunblock on my skin. And washing it off. But as far as moisture goes it has a lot of benefits ceramides which attract moisture to the skin and has ingredients that protect from UV rays. So give it a try!

Not Good For Acne Sufferers
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

This does not seem to moisturize very well. Also, because it contains sunscreen, it should not be used on damaged or broken skin (as labeled on the package). Many acne sufferers have broken skin (especially when first starting use of benzoyl peroxide). Besides that, it makes your face very pale. When applying over benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer can clump. This is not completely avoidable, but allowing the benzoyl peroxide to completely dry, along with gently rubbing a generous amount helps. After the moisturizer dries, brush off the flakes.

Good
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I use this every morning before i put on makeup and it works great! I have acne and this product does not make me get anymore acne. I recommend this product for anybody who wants a facial moisturizer that works good if you put in on before makeup and does nto make you break out any more than usual.

Best drugstore option for me
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

I have used this for awhile and it's the sunscreen I use when I run out of my favorite sunscreens because this one is easy to get at an drugstore and is affordable.

This has a nice consistency, but if you had oily skin/live in a humid climate it will turn your face oily quick during the day. I can't use this in the summertime because my skin gets way too oily and also it doesn't provide adequate UVA protection. This sunscreen for me is truly a last resort.

My skin is sensitive, and I experience flushing when I apply this, but it goes away after awhile. I can't apply it around my eyes because it irritates them a lot, I experience redness, burning, and I start tearing up to the point I can't see anymore, that's probably because of the chemical sunscreen components in this. I would strongly advise not using this around your eyes.

What I like about this is how moisturizing and repairing it is, my skin feels so supple and moisturized when I've been using this, even after I take it off.

Could have been better
Reviewed on August 2, 2014

I've been trying to find a sunscreen that doesn't leave my skin dry and dehydrated. This sunscreen is seriously the perfect consistency. It's not drying but it's not oily looking either. Unfortunately the packaging says it only protects from sunburns leading me to assume that this isn't a broad spectrum sunscreen as sunburns are in the territory of UVB rays. Unfortunately for lazy me I would rather not have to wear another sunscreen in order to get that UVA protection (I find UVA protection far more important than UVB). But if you can deal with layering two sunscreens this is freaking awesome.

Good moisturizer and SPF
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

I use all CeraVe products to manage my skin, the entire line is very easy and gentle to use. I use this as a everyday SPF it has a 30 SPF which is hard to find in a moisturizer. Takes a bit for it to work into the skin though. Makeup goes nicely over the product. It smells nice and doesn't break me out. I have lots of issues with SPF on my face. I almost always break out so I was happy to find this product.

Reviewed on October 27, 2012

I want to just start off by saying I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser twice a day and I absolutely love it on my skin. It does not cause any breakouts and keeps my skin soft and moisturized. With that being said, I decided to branch out and try Cerave's AM lotion and this product was absolutely HORRIBLE on my skin. Within 24 hours of using, I had 5 HUGE whiteheads on the side of my chin. I'm not talking about regular whiteheads, but big painful bumps that were ready to explode- there was literally no hiding it with any amount of makeup- and let's not forget to mention how painful they were. That being said, I discontinued using this product and my face went back to normal. I was extremely disappointed with this product; I really love Cerave's face washes but this AM lotion was an absolute nightmare on my face.

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

I will but this product over and over again.

I love the CeraVe brand!

Reviewed on August 17, 2011

I use this in the morning and night even though its a sunscreen. I have very sensitive skin & break out a lot -- I was scared to try this thinking it would cause me to break out...but this has totally improved the condition of my skin. It doesn't fight acne, but the zinc helps sooth irritated skin. I even put this around my eye area--other products only burn there, so this is a very gentle formula. love!

(I use this after Proactive, and it works well under makeup--an awesome primer because it dries sort of matte, but dewy at the same time)