Page 5 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 86 reviews

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on May 5, 2009

It works and the side effects seem to be minimal.

Reviewed on May 1, 2009

its pretty affordable. I know it is helping but i also am doing many things right now to clear my skin so i cant say that its the number 1 thing thats doing the job. but i am going to continue to take it because im pretty sure it is helping. you also have to be pateint with stuff like this im sure we all know it doesnt go away over night. But i noticed i am having less break outs and the new pimples i do get are significantly smaller and heal fast. Its just the itching in my break out area is very uncomfortable...is anyone else experiencing this?

Reviewed on April 24, 2009

Reduces the bacteria in the pores which reduces the swelling of the nodules. However, Ive been on 500mg 2x a day (I've taken religiously) for 11 days and the same nodules/cyst are here and new ones have formed BUT they are not as large as before.

In the past I've taken Doxcycline for the same problems and it helped tremendously. Eliminated the nodules and prevented others. I will finish this Rx (another 9 days) and then ask my doc for the Doxcycline. *We tried this one first b/c it's not hard on my stomach and does not make me sensitive to the sun as Doxcycline does.

**For women who suffer w/cystic acne- see your gynocolegist it could be hormone related- especially if the nodules are on your chin or forehead. I suffer w/ovarian cyst which effect my hormones causing these terrible sporadic breakouts.

Reviewed on April 3, 2009

Why does everyone keep saying acne is not a bacterial infection when indeed it is..do your homework. ive been put on accutane for 6 months..and it worked fantasticcc!!!!!!! but there is the fact that it can come back and it did a little of it..but i had taken Cephalexin for a month and that worked. Fact of the matter is that everyones body is different so just try it what do you have to loose? this doesnt have the side effects that accutane has either (dry lips,dry eyes, etc)

PRESCRIBED FOR: Cephalexin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria that are susceptible to the effects of cephalexin. Common infections that are treated with cephalexin include infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, larynx (laryngitis), bronchi (bronchitis) and pneumonia. It also is used for treating urinary tract,SKIN, and bone infections.

so dont say its not for skin...

Reviewed on March 30, 2009

Somehow my dermatologist moved me on to another antibiotic, but it didn't work as well.

Reviewed on March 26, 2009

this is my first day.. i know kind of fast.. but its working! my acne is better than yesterday! also yesterday i fished my treatment with "doxycycline" i use that for a month and i did not see any resout, now im confuse which of these products was the one that worked for my..

good luck!

Reviewed on March 24, 2009

Cephalexin works great when fighting severe acne or cystic acne infections. It targets the bacteria cell walls, therefore killing it.

If you ever get a cystic pimple, you know how painful it can be. The most spot that U.S. population will get it is in the buttocks, especially right by the tail bone.

At early signs of slight pain, don't be afraid to go to your doctor to get it checked out. Waiting too long will result in lancing.

Reviewed on March 21, 2009

I took this medication for about 2-3 weeks until I started having allergic reactions to it. My whole body had red rashes that stayed for about 5 days and itched really bad. At the beginning of taking the antibiotic, I had active mild-moderate acne and by the end it was worse. I do not recommend this if you have a lot of active acne like me.

Reviewed on March 1, 2009

It' s always hard to tell. Maybe my acne would be worse if I wasn't on it, but it's not good enough for me to be happy with this antibiotic. Also, it's causing me to get yeast infections :-(

Reviewed on February 19, 2009

i got the a reactive lynph node gland if you know what that is, and my doctor said it was from acne. so he perscribed this stuff so the bacteria in my bump thingy would go away and my acne would go away so it would do its magic.. well i think its been working so ill keep using it i mean its cheap n all so why not? it helps defend against mrsa n staph which has been going around on my wrestling team so thats a plus for me ;)