Page 5 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 91 reviews

Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg, or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on June 6, 2009

Some people on the forum sound like they have had allergic reaction to it, and this worsened their condition as it irritated their skin, but overall, this antibiotic and Ceclor come with the highest recommendations from me. My acne was never very severe, so I wonder why some doctors were hesitating to give it to patients who did not have "cystic" acne, when it seemed to work so well on me. Maybe the risks outweigh the benefits with a strong antibiotic on the overall health of the body, when it comes to treating less severe cases. I do not know. I wish you all the best of luck.

Reviewed on May 20, 2009

I guess I'll have to remain nauseous and sick from the smell

while it works...........ugh!

Reviewed on May 18, 2009

i was in a bad skateboard accident. i broke my wrist and had cuts all over my back(no shirt on). i was put on this medicine to kill the bacteria that was probably in the cuts on my back from the tar getting in there. while on this, my back cleared up almost completely and i was not afraid to show people my cuts (i usually keep my back covered all the time due to my gross backne). face was basically completely clear as well. i went back to my doxycyclin after that weeks dose, and acne got worse. now doctor re-perscribed cephalexin and im gonna see if this will work like it did before.

Reviewed on May 6, 2009

This pill worked wonders for me and I am thrilled to be back on it. Everyone is different, but hopefully it works for you :) Just remember to stay positive and consistent. You will get through this :)

Reviewed on May 5, 2009

It works and the side effects seem to be minimal.

Reviewed on May 1, 2009

its pretty affordable. I know it is helping but i also am doing many things right now to clear my skin so i cant say that its the number 1 thing thats doing the job. but i am going to continue to take it because im pretty sure it is helping. you also have to be pateint with stuff like this im sure we all know it doesnt go away over night. But i noticed i am having less break outs and the new pimples i do get are significantly smaller and heal fast. Its just the itching in my break out area is very uncomfortable...is anyone else experiencing this?

Reviewed on April 24, 2009

Reduces the bacteria in the pores which reduces the swelling of the nodules. However, Ive been on 500mg 2x a day (I've taken religiously) for 11 days and the same nodules/cyst are here and new ones have formed BUT they are not as large as before.

In the past I've taken Doxcycline for the same problems and it helped tremendously. Eliminated the nodules and prevented others. I will finish this Rx (another 9 days) and then ask my doc for the Doxcycline. *We tried this one first b/c it's not hard on my stomach and does not make me sensitive to the sun as Doxcycline does.

**For women who suffer w/cystic acne- see your gynocolegist it could be hormone related- especially if the nodules are on your chin or forehead. I suffer w/ovarian cyst which effect my hormones causing these terrible sporadic breakouts.

Reviewed on April 3, 2009

Why does everyone keep saying acne is not a bacterial infection when indeed it is..do your homework. ive been put on accutane for 6 months..and it worked fantasticcc!!!!!!! but there is the fact that it can come back and it did a little of it..but i had taken Cephalexin for a month and that worked. Fact of the matter is that everyones body is different so just try it what do you have to loose? this doesnt have the side effects that accutane has either (dry lips,dry eyes, etc)

PRESCRIBED FOR: Cephalexin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria that are susceptible to the effects of cephalexin. Common infections that are treated with cephalexin include infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, larynx (laryngitis), bronchi (bronchitis) and pneumonia. It also is used for treating urinary tract,SKIN, and bone infections.

so dont say its not for skin...

Reviewed on March 30, 2009

Somehow my dermatologist moved me on to another antibiotic, but it didn't work as well.