Page 3 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 91 reviews

Brand: Cephalexin

Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg, or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on April 19, 2011

clearing up after 3 days

will update in a month

Reviewed on April 15, 2011

I used this product, with topical retin-A, 1 year After being off accutane (my acne came back). It did work, but my dermatologist says it is not something that should be used long term due to the possibility of becoming immune to antibiotics.

Reviewed on February 23, 2011

First off, you can not give something a bad review because you're allergic to it. That's like giving a remote a bad review because you put the batteries in up-side down.

With that being said, I suffered with cystic acne since I was in high school. I'm 24 now. After trying about 6 prescriptions in high school, I gave up, hoping that it would go away as I got older. It didn't. When I started college I started searching again and seeing a new dermatologist. We tried a few things including bactrim and minocycline, which I was allergic to, (and didn't give a bad review). Well, I've been on cephalexin for 3 months, and I also use retin-a topically. My skin is completely clear. Completely. My daily regimen consists of washing my face in the morning, and twice at night with Basis bar soap (3 dollars at drugstores). I use Dickinson's witch hazel as an astringent (4 dollars at drugstores). I take the cephalexin once at night. And I use the retin-a every other night. And I use super gentle moisturizer, one with absolutely no fragrance, oils, alcohol, anything of that nature. My confidence is great now. Being able to sit around with my boyfriend with no makeup on is amazing. And he still tells me how pretty I am. Keep in mind that this stuff DOES take a long time to work. I've been on it for 3 months and my skin just cleared up about a week ago. =]

Reviewed on February 11, 2011

If you want something fast and effective make this you're new buddy. I would also use a topical, I've been using bperoxide and cylinda. every and night. Thank you keflex!

Reviewed on December 8, 2010

I was prescribed this medication for an underarm rash, and I got the added benefit that it cleared my acne up!

Reviewed on December 5, 2009

i wish i knew that im allergic to cephalexin. It made my acne worse. First i have tiny white pimples, and its n0t obvious. But after taking this for about 1week only huh, i got red bumps, 5 red bumps. And my small tiny white pimples became red and has a white on top.. It made me cry , i dont know what to do n0w.

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

However, I was using Keflex not cephalexin (the generic brand) For some reason Keflex 750 mg twice a day was amazing. I could skip a day or two and still had great skin; however I recently got some generic Keflex and it did not seem as powerful. Weird, I know. I have had acne since I was 14 and was pleased that I found a temporary fix... now I'm just looking for something long lasting.

I paid $45.00 with insurance...

Reviewed on October 16, 2009

Best acne pill I've used, unfortunately I became immune to it and it's been downhill ever since.

Reviewed on October 2, 2009

I had a sinus infection and was taking Cephalexin for it. While I was sick I was completely miserable and didn't shower for several days (gross, I know, but I felt like crap). Now, if I don't shower for a day I WILL break out with at least 1 cystic pimple and other minor acne. After wondering why after 4 days of no major washing I didn't get any acne I checked... It HAD to be this cuz I used no other products or medication during this time, and at 30 years old I know how my acne works.

I'm not a doctor but from what I understand, taking anti-biotics too often will lessen the power of your immune system. This in turn will make you more susceptible to sickness/colds/flu's/etc. Again, I'm no doctor so I'd definitely consult yours if you plan on using this regularly.

Reviewed on August 26, 2009

I used this medication twice a day religiously for four weeks and my acne (cystic) is the same if not worse than it was before. A little acne that I had on my chest is gone, but it did nothing for my face.