Page 3 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 86 reviews

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on December 5, 2009

i wish i knew that im allergic to cephalexin. It made my acne worse. First i have tiny white pimples, and its n0t obvious. But after taking this for about 1week only huh, i got red bumps, 5 red bumps. And my small tiny white pimples became red and has a white on top.. It made me cry , i dont know what to do n0w.

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

However, I was using Keflex not cephalexin (the generic brand) For some reason Keflex 750 mg twice a day was amazing. I could skip a day or two and still had great skin; however I recently got some generic Keflex and it did not seem as powerful. Weird, I know. I have had acne since I was 14 and was pleased that I found a temporary fix... now I'm just looking for something long lasting.

I paid $45.00 with insurance...

Reviewed on October 16, 2009

Best acne pill I've used, unfortunately I became immune to it and it's been downhill ever since.

Reviewed on October 2, 2009

I had a sinus infection and was taking Cephalexin for it. While I was sick I was completely miserable and didn't shower for several days (gross, I know, but I felt like crap). Now, if I don't shower for a day I WILL break out with at least 1 cystic pimple and other minor acne. After wondering why after 4 days of no major washing I didn't get any acne I checked... It HAD to be this cuz I used no other products or medication during this time, and at 30 years old I know how my acne works.

I'm not a doctor but from what I understand, taking anti-biotics too often will lessen the power of your immune system. This in turn will make you more susceptible to sickness/colds/flu's/etc. Again, I'm no doctor so I'd definitely consult yours if you plan on using this regularly.

Reviewed on August 26, 2009

I used this medication twice a day religiously for four weeks and my acne (cystic) is the same if not worse than it was before. A little acne that I had on my chest is gone, but it did nothing for my face.

Reviewed on August 19, 2009

If you don't have anything else to try (including a topical antibiotic), give this a try. It works. I was on it for three years, and it ultimately wreaked havoc on my stomach. I've been suffering with gastritis and other issues since I've been on it. I finally had to stop taking it, and switch to a topical antibiotic.

Reviewed on August 12, 2009

Cephalexin is highly recommended! I will continue to take it!

Reviewed on July 31, 2009

I have had mild/moderate acne my entire life. This is the first thing ever that has worked consistently. I just take it for 14 days when I start getting a bad breakout, and then after it clears, I wait to take it again when I start to break out again. Girls, absolutely eat a cup of yogurt everyday while taking this if you are one to get yeast infections. I also recently started taking a zinc supplement and these seems to help keep me clear after I finished my last dose of cephalexin. Also, I do not have prescription insurance and I get it for $5.80 at Kroger.

Reviewed on July 25, 2009

guess everyone is different...I have tried accutane as well and it took a few years for my acne to return (but it costs a lot more + blood work)

Reviewed on July 2, 2009

Try it. if nothing else has worked you should at least give it a try. THIS IS A MEDICATION PRESCRIBED FOR ACNE TREATMENT. don't be fooled. acne is a bacterial infection, therefore an antibiotic can help. ask your doctor if this might be right for you. everyone is different so it may or may not be the right thing for you.