Page 3 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 88 reviews
Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on February 11, 2011

If you want something fast and effective make this you're new buddy. I would also use a topical, I've been using bperoxide and cylinda. every and night. Thank you keflex!

Reviewed on December 8, 2010

I was prescribed this medication for an underarm rash, and I got the added benefit that it cleared my acne up!

Reviewed on December 5, 2009

i wish i knew that im allergic to cephalexin. It made my acne worse. First i have tiny white pimples, and its n0t obvious. But after taking this for about 1week only huh, i got red bumps, 5 red bumps. And my small tiny white pimples became red and has a white on top.. It made me cry , i dont know what to do n0w.

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

However, I was using Keflex not cephalexin (the generic brand) For some reason Keflex 750 mg twice a day was amazing. I could skip a day or two and still had great skin; however I recently got some generic Keflex and it did not seem as powerful. Weird, I know. I have had acne since I was 14 and was pleased that I found a temporary fix... now I'm just looking for something long lasting.

I paid $45.00 with insurance...

Reviewed on October 16, 2009

Best acne pill I've used, unfortunately I became immune to it and it's been downhill ever since.

Reviewed on October 2, 2009

I had a sinus infection and was taking Cephalexin for it. While I was sick I was completely miserable and didn't shower for several days (gross, I know, but I felt like crap). Now, if I don't shower for a day I WILL break out with at least 1 cystic pimple and other minor acne. After wondering why after 4 days of no major washing I didn't get any acne I checked... It HAD to be this cuz I used no other products or medication during this time, and at 30 years old I know how my acne works.

I'm not a doctor but from what I understand, taking anti-biotics too often will lessen the power of your immune system. This in turn will make you more susceptible to sickness/colds/flu's/etc. Again, I'm no doctor so I'd definitely consult yours if you plan on using this regularly.

Reviewed on August 26, 2009

I used this medication twice a day religiously for four weeks and my acne (cystic) is the same if not worse than it was before. A little acne that I had on my chest is gone, but it did nothing for my face.

Reviewed on August 19, 2009

If you don't have anything else to try (including a topical antibiotic), give this a try. It works. I was on it for three years, and it ultimately wreaked havoc on my stomach. I've been suffering with gastritis and other issues since I've been on it. I finally had to stop taking it, and switch to a topical antibiotic.

Reviewed on August 12, 2009

Cephalexin is highly recommended! I will continue to take it!

Reviewed on July 31, 2009

I have had mild/moderate acne my entire life. This is the first thing ever that has worked consistently. I just take it for 14 days when I start getting a bad breakout, and then after it clears, I wait to take it again when I start to break out again. Girls, absolutely eat a cup of yogurt everyday while taking this if you are one to get yeast infections. I also recently started taking a zinc supplement and these seems to help keep me clear after I finished my last dose of cephalexin. Also, I do not have prescription insurance and I get it for $5.80 at Kroger.