Page 2 of Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 86 reviews

250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on June 20, 2012

I gave this 2 stars because I've only been taking it for three weeks, so it may just take a little longer to work. However, I haven't seen any improvement in my skin and as someone who experiences frequent yeast infections, it's a drag to be on antibiotics for an extended period of time.

My routine right now is to take Cephalexin 150 Mg twice a day, along with Dan's regimen (and AHA+ at night). To give you an idea of my skin, I have 2 or 3 active pimples right now and a week ago I had 6 (because I was on my period). The bottom line is that I haven't seen any changes in my skin. Hope it starts working!

Reviewed on May 22, 2012

Bottom line - it works for cystic acne, i think most antibiotics work for cystic acne. You cannot use topical creams or methods to cure cystic acne. Its under too many layers of skin and the only way to penetrate it is through medicine.

My face is clearer now than its been in awhile, i have been on this medication for around 5 weeks. My blemishes are even less noticeable.

Its also very affordable if you have decent prescription coverage

Reviewed on January 25, 2012

it works! finally a antibiotic that has worked for me. I'm a 24 y/o female and I've tried everything minocycline, tetracycline, doxycycline..this was definitely different and I've been on it for about 6 weeks and really starting to see a difference in my skin and other people are noticing it too. you just have to make sure to take it as prescribed.. if you miss a few doses your skin will flare up. also my doctor recommended to use it with 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash which has also been helping (although drying)..better results than the salicylic acid one I was using. i also use 1.0% tretinoin cream at night with the antibiotic. this combo has been working really well for me. I didn't have any side effects to the medication either.

Reviewed on December 7, 2011

I have had acne of various levels of severity ever since highschool (27 now) and had the opportunity to try this anti-biotic and its really works. I use it along with the oil cleanse method (olive oil, castor oil, and tea tree oil) and my skin looks (relatively) great. ALL my tiny acne bumps on my forehead are gone and the bigger ones are healing with no new ones in sight (I did seem to have a slight out break of bigger cyst like acne right after I started taking this, but not convinced this was related to the medication)...this is obviously not a long term fix, and I do sorta worry what will happen once I stop taking it, but as far as its effectiveness to clear your skin up quickly, this is amazing...500mg 4 times a day...if you want to remember what you look like without acne, try this...

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

So my doctor started me on this antibiotic after I received weird side effects from Minocycline, which wasn't working anyway. I am so happy I did! I have been on this for a little over a week, NO side effects for me! I also just started my menstrual cycle since then and haven't had one breakout yet. How is that possible? I have strugged with acne since I was about 15, and have tried several products. My skin is clear right now. Of course, I still have plenty of old scars from picking and such (bad habit, i know), but I can deal with those later. Right now, I am happy that my skin is actually clear! I should also mention that I do not use this with any prescribed skin products. However, I do use a lemon/honey mask a couple times a week, which has been helping heal old scars. This has helped tremendously. I hope it's not too early, to give Cephalexin credit, but I know my skin.... and in one week of taking it, my skin feels amazing!

Reviewed on April 19, 2011

clearing up after 3 days

will update in a month

Reviewed on April 15, 2011

I used this product, with topical retin-A, 1 year After being off accutane (my acne came back). It did work, but my dermatologist says it is not something that should be used long term due to the possibility of becoming immune to antibiotics.

Reviewed on February 23, 2011

First off, you can not give something a bad review because you're allergic to it. That's like giving a remote a bad review because you put the batteries in up-side down.

With that being said, I suffered with cystic acne since I was in high school. I'm 24 now. After trying about 6 prescriptions in high school, I gave up, hoping that it would go away as I got older. It didn't. When I started college I started searching again and seeing a new dermatologist. We tried a few things including bactrim and minocycline, which I was allergic to, (and didn't give a bad review). Well, I've been on cephalexin for 3 months, and I also use retin-a topically. My skin is completely clear. Completely. My daily regimen consists of washing my face in the morning, and twice at night with Basis bar soap (3 dollars at drugstores). I use Dickinson's witch hazel as an astringent (4 dollars at drugstores). I take the cephalexin once at night. And I use the retin-a every other night. And I use super gentle moisturizer, one with absolutely no fragrance, oils, alcohol, anything of that nature. My confidence is great now. Being able to sit around with my boyfriend with no makeup on is amazing. And he still tells me how pretty I am. Keep in mind that this stuff DOES take a long time to work. I've been on it for 3 months and my skin just cleared up about a week ago. =]

Reviewed on February 11, 2011

If you want something fast and effective make this you're new buddy. I would also use a topical, I've been using bperoxide and cylinda. every and night. Thank you keflex!

Reviewed on December 8, 2010

I was prescribed this medication for an underarm rash, and I got the added benefit that it cleared my acne up!